Introducing OS_MAC and OS_APPLE

Avi Drissman

Jul 25, 2020, 10:50:44 AM7/25/20
to Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
There has been a problem with the OS_MACOSX #define for a while. OS_MACOSX means "Mac or iOS", which is inherently confusing. Given that Apple moved away from the "Mac OS X" appellation a while ago and is now moving away from the 10.x version number, the Mac team is happy to announce that we are migrating away from the OS_MACOSX macro.

It is replaced by two macros: OS_MAC, which is defined only on the Mac (not iOS), and OS_APPLE, which is a direct replacement for OS_MACOSX as it is defined for both Mac and iOS.

I will be migrating the existing macros over the next few days.

Avi

Lei Zhang

Jul 27, 2020, 3:27:35 PM7/27/20
to Avi Drissman, Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
Is there a tracking bug for this work? What's the expectation for
related projects like PDFium and Crashpad?

Avi Drissman

Jul 27, 2020, 3:33:37 PM7/27/20
to Lei Zhang, Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
https://crbug.com/1105907

It's a find-and-replace that I'm planning on committing in the next few days. Does PDFium rely directly on build/build_config.h?

Lei Zhang

Jul 27, 2020, 3:38:06 PM7/27/20
to Avi Drissman, Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
Standalone PDFium pulls in //build via DEPS. I can roll DEPS there to
make the new macros available. PDFium in Chromium uses Chromium's
build/build_config.h, so we should update PDFium around the same time.

Avi Drissman

Jul 27, 2020, 3:44:29 PM7/27/20
to Lei Zhang, Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
The old macros are still there while we move to the new ones; any assistance migrating would be appreciated.

Avi

Lei Zhang

Jul 27, 2020, 5:32:38 PM7/27/20
to Avi Drissman, Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
I filed https://crbug.com/pdfium/1570 for this.

Avi Drissman

Aug 1, 2020, 1:50:09 PM8/1/20
to Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
This work is complete. Thank you for your assistance, understanding, and cooperation.

Avi