Error uploading extension: Gallery system error, please try again later.

Adam Hughes

Apr 13, 2012, 1:46:04 PM4/13/12
to Chromium Apps
I am attempting to migrate an extension from self hosted to the Web
Store, but I am receiving the error "Gallery system error, please try
again later." when I try to upload it.

My zip file contains the key.pem file that I have been using so that
the extension id will not change once it is on the web store.

One possible problem is that I had originally created a new Google
Account to manage this extension separately from my personal account,
and uploaded the extension without error to that new account, but
removed it once I realized that I would have to pay a $5 fee to
publish it. I now receive the error message when uploading the
extension to either account.

-Adam

Adam Hughes

Jun 25, 2012, 3:22:28 PM6/25/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
I am still unable to upload my existing extension to the Web store, it still gives the "Gallery system error, please try again later." message. Is there any way to fix this issue so I can get my extension onto the Web Store?

Marcelo Iván Rojas Hernández

Jun 25, 2012, 3:28:39 PM6/25/12
to Adam Hughes, chromi...@chromium.org
Hi, It is so strange, I got this error sometimes, well, I change the manifest and increase up the version, then rezip and reupload and it pass...

I don't know why.

Atte.
   Marcelo Rojas H.
------------------------------
     ....o_o_o_o
     ../| ,[_____],
    _||¯¯¯L--↨|||||||↨
    ()_)¯ ()_) ¯¯¯()_)

Investigatum illuminátio ...

Adam Hughes

Jul 12, 2012, 1:31:05 PM7/12/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, Adam Hughes
I've tried changing the version number, but I still get the same error message.

The only way I seem to be able to upload my extension is to remove the key.pem file. This means that my extension has a different id and I won't be able to migrate any current users from my self-hosted version to the webstore hosted version.

Thanks for the help.

-Adam

On Friday, April 13, 2012 1:46:04 PM UTC-4, Adam Hughes wrote:
I am attempting to migrate an extension from self hosted to the Web
Store, but I am receiving the error "Gallery system error, please try
again later." when I try to upload it.

My zip file contains the key.pem file that I have been using so that
the extension id will not change once it is on the web store.

One possible problem is that I had originally created a new Google
Account to manage this extension separately from my personal account,
and uploaded the extension without error to that new account, but
removed it once I realized that I would have to pay a $5 fee to
publish it. I now receive the error message when uploading the
extension to either account.

-Adam

Bubba Bubbs

Jul 13, 2012, 2:29:39 PM7/13/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, Adam Hughes
Adam,
Please post here once you've been able to solve this problem.
I, and many others, have run into this, too. I can't even find a way to contact Google Developer Support. Their "Contact Us" page (http://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/?hl=en) is pretty useless as far as this particular issue is concerned.
Thanks

Pete LePage

Jul 25, 2012, 6:59:30 AM7/25/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, Adam Hughes
Adam/Bubba,

Please use the form at http://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/bin/request.py?contact_type=dev_account_transfer to transfer the existing app under the different account to an account that you do have access to, and upload the app that way.  I believe the problem is being caused because the app already exists, and the Chrome Web Store is blocking you from trying to upload something that exists under another account.

thanks,
PEte

Adam Hughes

Jul 25, 2012, 3:55:33 PM7/25/12
to Pete LePage, chromi...@chromium.org
Pete,

I believe you are correct, as I originally uploaded the extension under a different account. Once I removed the extension from the web store (I didn't realize there was a form to transfer ownership) it no longer allowed me to upload the extension under ANY account, including the one that originally uploaded it.

I filled out the form, hopefully this will fix the issue. I am concerned it will not since it is not an active extension on the web store (otherwise I would just use the account I originally uploaded it under).

Thanks for your help.

-Adam

Qian Huang

Aug 1, 2012, 6:29:12 PM8/1/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, Pete LePage
Hi Adam,

Has this been taken care of yet? CWS does not allow upload duplicate item, even after deletion, we reserve the ID forever. The right solution here is to ask for a manual recover (as an exception), and request ownership transfer.

Please post your item ID and account email here if this is not yet resolved.

Thanks,

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:55:33 PM UTC-7, Adam Hughes wrote:
Pete,

I believe you are correct, as I originally uploaded the extension under a different account. Once I removed the extension from the web store (I didn't realize there was a form to transfer ownership) it no longer allowed me to upload the extension under ANY account, including the one that originally uploaded it.

I filled out the form, hopefully this will fix the issue. I am concerned it will not since it is not an active extension on the web store (otherwise I would just use the account I originally uploaded it under).

Thanks for your help.

-Adam

Qian Huang

Aug 1, 2012, 7:19:58 PM8/1/12
to Adam Hughes, chromi...@chromium.org, Pete LePage
Hi Adam,

The item has been manually recovered, please feel free to edit/publish it.

Thanks,
-- Qian

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Adam Hughes <ad...@hughes.cc> wrote:
Thanks for following up, this has not been taken care of.

The item ID is mcnpepegfcikofcogenpncheiohblnpp
It was originally registered to the account chrom...@gmail.com.

I would like (and have already done an ownership transfer request) it to be registered to my personal account: arhu...@gmail.com.

I wish I had known this would be an issue, I would have just down an ownership transfer request in the first place before deleting the extension.

Thanks,
Adam