CAS 6.1.x Ldaps configuration problem

Julien Gribonvald

Jan 25, 2019, 1:28:48 PM1/25/19
to CAS Community
Hi,

I'm beginning a new CAS configuration with latest dev version with the
overlay packaging and when configuring ldaps I'm having a such error :

java.lang.NullPointerException: Thread local SslConfig has not been set
    at
org.ldaptive.ssl.ThreadLocalTLSSocketFactory.getDefault(ThreadLocalTLSSocketFactory.java:53)
~[ldaptive-1.2.4.jar!/:?]

With no ssl conf I don't have any problems, here are my change to move
on ssl use:

cas.authn.ldap[0].ldapUrl=ldaps://my.domain.fr:636
#cas.authn.ldap[0].ldapUrl=ldap://my.domain.fr:389
#cas.authn.ldap[0].useSsl=false

Did I make something wrong or ?

Is there someone having the same problem or not ?

After googling a bit it seems that could be a problem with ldaptive lib
and jdk11... Any information about a such problem ?

Thanks

--

Julien Gribonvald

Daniel Fisher

Jan 25, 2019, 5:47:00 PM1/25/19
to cas-...@apereo.org
This appears to be a bug in JNDI code that manifests with an NPE in the ldaptive thread local code.
I've filed an issue, but there isn't a resolution yet.

Work arounds include:
* Use startTLS
* Use the UnboundID provider
* Use Java 8 (versions 9-12 are all affected)

--Daniel Fisher

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG

David Gelhar

Jan 26, 2019, 10:40:59 AM1/26/19
to CAS Community
Using Java8 probably isn't an option - CAS 6.x requires Java11

We have been able to work around the issue by using the UnboundID provider as suggested, with settings like this:

cas.properties :
cas.authn.ldap[0].providerClass=org.ldaptive.provider.unboundid.UnboundIDProvider

build.gradle:
// to use UnboundID ldap provider instead of JNDI
compile "com.unboundid:unboundid-ldapsdk:4.0.9"

Julien Gribonvald

Jan 28, 2019, 3:58:31 AM1/28/19
to cas-...@apereo.org

Thanks a lot David.

This solved the problem and it solved me some hours !

Regards,

--Julien

Łukasz Woźniak

Jun 25, 2019, 2:28:19 AM6/25/19