cas-overlay-template empty repo for 6.4 and 6.5

spfma...@e.mail.fr

May 20, 2022, 10:25:01 AM5/20/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hi,
I have just discovered that the GIT repo for "cas-overlay-template" does not contain source files anymore.
Does it mean Initializr is now the only way to go ? Or am I looking at the wrong place ?
Regards

FreeMail powered by mail.fr

Ray Bon

May 20, 2022, 11:48:42 AM5/20/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
If you are starting fresh, then the initializr or cas-overlay-template will work.
If you are upgrading, you will have to clone the cas-overlay-template into a separate directory and diff it with your project to find the updates.

Ray

On Fri, 2022-05-20 at 16:24 +0200, spfma...@e.mail.fr wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.
--
Ray Bon
Programmer Analyst

I acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.

Misagh

May 20, 2022, 12:18:24 PM5/20/22
to CAS Community
Your question does not make sense. The overlay has never contained
"source files". You are looking at the wrong place or operating based
on the wrong assumption.
> ---

John

May 20, 2022, 1:42:02 PM5/20/22
to CAS Community, Misagh Moayyed
I think they are referring to the fact that the 6.4 and 6.5 branch of https://github.com/apereo/cas-overlay-template is empty

Misagh

May 20, 2022, 1:43:42 PM5/20/22
to CAS Community
Ah gotcha, thank you. I triggered the sync job again; the repo should
be sync'ed again shortly. I'll keep an eye on it to see what might
fail.

spfma...@e.mail.fr

May 21, 2022, 5:57:48 AM5/21/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hi,
Thank you very much for fixing it !
As configuring, deploying and maintening CAS is definitly not an easy process for me, I am using Ansible to generate the configuration files and perform all the tasks I need.
I was upset to see my playbook crash miserably on friday morning, but of course with only a "README.md" it couln't do much :-)
I am not a  genuine developer, so maybe I am not using the right words : I call "source" or "code" whatever I find in a GIT repo
Regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cas-user+unsub...@apereo.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CAGSBKkccM1TpwpA47Rup0F_cXqJ2DKfnRQ6auwDjCJhAfXye-Q%40mail.gmail.com.

spfma...@e.mail.fr

May 21, 2022, 6:00:38 AM5/21/22
to cas-...@apereo.org
Hi,
Thanks for these suggestions.
In fact, I am more or less doing that, but with a lot of "rule of thumb" as Spring ecosystem is still some kind twilight zone to me !
Regards

Misagh

May 21, 2022, 6:04:29 AM5/21/22
to CAS Community
"source" almost always refers to and is "source code", as in either
Java or Groovy classes that are compiled. Everything else is some sort
of "configuration" file, or a UI resource, etc.

In practice, you should not arguably rely on this repository to build
or generate anything. Fork, and use your own. This repo is just a
"nice to have"; there is a good chance that it will go away once we
sort out the initializer in a few more extra ways..