Photo release

Laurel-Ann Dooley

Dec 20, 2021, 10:27:37 PM12/20/21
to HASS-WG...@americanpetsalive.org
Hi all,
Does anyone have a simple photo/video release they could share? This is for use with safety net clients with their pets.
Thank you!
Laurel-Ann Dooley

Caitlin Quinn

Dec 21, 2021, 9:50:11 AM12/21/21
to Laurel-Ann Dooley, HASS-WG...@americanpetsalive.org
Hi Laurel,

Attached is a pretty broad one that we use for specific events as well as some other samples that our photographer members use  — you’re welcome to customize them for your needs just realize that you may want someone with contract experience to double check any changes!

We also use an app called “Easy Release” that allows for digital signing and storing (so no printing and having piles of papers blowing around at outdoor events!). You can customize the release, though it is full of the legalese of model releases, which can be a bit of a drawback (considering that kind of language may seem intimidating).

In case it’s helpful, here are some favorite resources around releases for nonprofits, how to make them a bit less scary, and the ethics of using images of program participants:

Other samples/examples that may be simpler:

I hope this helps!

Caitlin

Caitlin Quinn (she/her)
Director of Operations | HeARTs Speak
Mobile: 845.625.4421

HeARTs Speak is fueled by the life-saving magic of sponsors + funders and the incredible generosity of supporters like you

1-Adult Appearance Release.docx
2 -Minor Appearance Release.docx
APPEARANCE RELEASE Sample doc.pdf