PersistIt - better thread names please :-)

Brendan Humphreys

May 16, 2013, 12:07:38 AM5/16/13
to akiban-user
Hi Folks, minor feature request:

I've noticed that PersistIt has fairly generic thread names such as TXN_UPDATE, CHECKPOINT_WRITER, CLEANUP_MANAGER etc. When debugging/profiling a large app with many 3rd party libraries owning threads, its always nice to be able to quickly identify threads. If possible, could you add a common "PersistIt" prefix to these names?

Cheers,
-Brendan

Peter Beaman

May 16, 2013, 8:23:04 AM5/16/13
to Brendan Humphreys, akiban-user
Good idea.  We'll work that in soon.

Nathan Williams

May 18, 2013, 11:21:56 AM5/18/13
to akiban-user
I've also created a bug to make sure we don't lose track of it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/akiban-persistit/+bug/1181548

-Nathan