[WikiEducator] Request for Facilitators

victor mensah

May 3, 2010, 10:45:41 AM5/3/10
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Dear WikiEducators,

This is an invitation and a request for L4C facilitators to consider volunteering at an upcoming L4C workshop. The eLearning4Content workshop eL4C39 is a unique workshop designed for participants at the upcoming e-Learning Africa Conference in May. It will be a 10-day online workshop followed by a day's face-to-face interaction on OERS development and practical exercises on content creation. We will explore the impact of online facilitation on participants and document suggestions for future workshops.

We will be happy to have a number of volunteers to co-facilitate between 1-3 days of the 10-day online workshop. You can volunteer for specific topics on the Tutorials list http://wikieducator.org/Wikieducator_tutorial especially between tutorial 1 and 13. The main workshop page can be viewed here http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Workshops/Online_schedule/eL4C39

Kindly email me if you are interested at mensah...@gmail.com

Best regards,

--
Victor Paa Kwesi Mensah.  MCMI, FInstLM
Management Practitioner

WikiEducator Council Member

http://thecommonwealth.org/cypafrica
http://bit.ly/vmensah
http://facebook.com/victor.mensah
http://twitter.com/victormensah
+260978404739

Nicholas Kimolo

May 3, 2010, 11:44:00 AM5/3/10
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
You may count me in Victor.
--
Nicholas Kimolo
FLOSS4Edu Co-ordinator / Futuristic -MD

Wayne Mackintosh

May 3, 2010, 7:02:41 PM5/3/10
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

What a great idea to demonstrate WikiEducator's culture of gifting to support capacity development for educators in Africa.

I was borne in Africa and it would be a privilege to co-facilitate with Nicholas -- one of Africa's leading evangelists for open content and founder of Africa's FLOSS4Edu project.

This will be fun.

Cheers
Wayne
--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director,

Patricia Schlicht

May 3, 2010, 9:59:49 PM5/3/10
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
329.gif

Patricia Schlicht

May 3, 2010, 10:02:41 PM5/3/10
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Oh Wow, Wayne, this is fantastic!! Victor, let me know if you want me to update the L4C registration site.
Cheers,
Patricia

Nicholas Kimolo

May 4, 2010, 2:32:23 AM5/4/10
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Its great Wayne to do this with you. I always look forward to your guidance and leadership. I am sure I will learn alot from you.

See you soon.

Nicholas

Savithri Singh

May 4, 2010, 12:51:07 PM5/4/10
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Dear Victor,
Congratulations!!
I can pitch in if the going gets tough. Any module.

Savithri
--
Savithri Singh

Principal
Acharya Narendra Dev College
(University of Delhi)
Govindpuri, Kalkaji
New Delhi 110019

Ph: 011 26294542, 011 29293224  Res: 25848151, 25843496
Fax: 011 26294540, Res: 25848151

http://beta.thehindu.com/sci-tech/article397395.ece
http://eduframe.net/andc
http://andcollege.du.ac.in
http://andc.info
http://wikieducator.org/Acharya_Narendra_Dev_College
http://wikieducator.org/User:Savi.odl
http://wikieducator.org/India
http://wikieducator.org/India/wikieducator_launch

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Spread environmental awareness.

victor mensah

May 5, 2010, 5:43:18 AM5/5/10
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nicholas and Wayne and all other  WikiEducators who have volunteered for this assignment. It is indeed a pleasure to have you all on board.

I have sent you all messages to your email inboxes on the next steps.

Cheers!
Victor.

      You may count me in Victor.

[...]

      simonfj

      May 6, 2010, 4:47:02 AM5/6/10
      to WikiEducator

      Victor,

      Could you tell me when and where the face to face is happening, or
      just point me at its page?

      I am trying, in my own way, to improve the way conferences are
      attended & to be inclusive. The main way is via streaming and
      directing watchers to the online area of the conference. I'm starting
      to get a bit of traction over here with the network managers. I.e. the
      guys who are running the pipes which NRENs (National Research and
      Education Networks) sit on. If you want to see their roadmap from a
      Euro perspective (to the Middle East and Africa) it's here.
      http://global.dante.net/server/show/nav.1409

      Your own pan Africa network revolves around this initiative.
      http://www.ubuntunet.net/

      The hardest part in all of this is that while the WE's (OER'ers) of
      this world are building the foundations of a new global learning
      institution from the bottom(s) up - usually by using content creation
      tools that the NREN comms managers know about but never use - the NREN
      managers are always looking at things from a National or Continental
      perspective. So we end of with so many good intentions being throttled
      by the big money being spent on the heavy duty researchers at places
      like CERN. Meanwhile, the creation and dissemination of free materials
      at/to the thinnest pipes is considered inconsequential.

      I wish you all the best. But, and I'll ask this of all of WE at this
      point, if we are going to get some balance (and funding) in the OER
      world then please contact your local NREN PR manager and ask them if
      they need some help in improving this page, and linking it to a global
      compendium that the Trans Euro Research and Education Association is
      compiling right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_research_and_education_network

      I'm at the point with some funding coming out of the EC where I could
      use some support, and proof of just how BIG the WE is. (wayne, could
      you get across this with the WMF world? and their strategy. I've
      promised the geant, dante and terena guys that i would scope them a
      project which might get a focus on the global "user communities"
      rather than the pipes and connections. (and they haven't thrown me out
      yet)).

      simonfj

      May 16, 2010, 7:30:11 AM5/16/10
      to WikiEducator

      Hi Victor,

      A quick report of where I'm up to.

      You'll notice on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_research_and_education_network#List_of_NRENs_by_Geographic_Area
      that we've got most of the African NRENs registered. Just waiting for
      the West African Association to do their bit.

      You'll also notice on the unbuntunet.net site a link to global-
      project.eu. This has a network development primarily based around this
      domain. http://www.global-project.eu/ It's technical team are in
      Spain, which is why I'm there. NB. It looks like videoconferencing.
      But it includes a whole suite of (real time) tools.

      The talk at both terena's conference, and one after in Madrid, is
      going to be about how these tools can provide a useful 'back end' for
      global 'user' communities (as they are called in Europe). I'll be
      using WikiEducator as an example. So far as WE are concerned, what
      combination of useful tools and the way both the apps and networks are
      CONFIGURED should be of little interest. You'll just want a simple-to-
      use interface.

      But I will ask if WE'ers would give some consideration to their 'blue
      skies' and perhaps give me some idea of how they see a real time media
      session being run online and it's before/aftermath, including the
      archive of recordings. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aftermath

      In the meantime, when you've got the url for the face to face up,
      including agenda, please let us know on this thread. It'll give me
      something to show to the network guys. All the best.