g729 enabled?

albert

Aug 6, 2010, 11:37:31 AM8/6/10
to Siphon
Hello

I managed to compile siphon, but seems to have no g729 codec enabled,
someone could use?

Samuel Vinson

Aug 6, 2010, 11:59:28 AM8/6/10
to sip...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You need to apply g729 patch: http://code.google.com/p/siphon/downloads/list
and compile g729a library : http://code.google.com/p/siphon/source/browse/#svn/trunk/g729a

Samuel

2010/8/6 albert <pepe...@gmail.com>
Hello

I managed to compile siphon, but seems to have no g729 codec enabled,
someone could use?

albert

Aug 6, 2010, 6:04:04 PM8/6/10
to Siphon
Thanks, that works perfect, I already make voip calls, but the output
volume of my device is too low, any idea? it's because g729?

Thanks for your help

On 6 ago, 10:59, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You need to apply g729 patch:http://code.google.com/p/siphon/downloads/list
> and compile g729a library :http://code.google.com/p/siphon/source/browse/#svn/trunk/g729a
>
> Samuel
>
> 2010/8/6 albert <pepel...@gmail.com>
>
> > Hello
>
> > I managed to compile siphon, but seems to have no g729 codec enabled,
> > someone could use?
>
> > --
> > .

Samuel Vinson

Aug 6, 2010, 6:34:21 PM8/6/10
to sip...@googlegroups.com
I don't think the g729 is the issue.

Samuel

albert

Aug 7, 2010, 3:43:24 PM8/7/10
to Siphon
Thanks Samuel, I found a constant called VOLUME_MULT in call.h, do you
think if I change it the volume increase?

On 6 ago, 17:34, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think the g729 is the issue.
>
> Samuel
>
> 2010/8/7 albert <pepel...@gmail.com>
>
> > Thanks, that works perfect, I already make voip calls, but the output
> > volume of my device is too low, any idea?  it's because g729?
>
> > Thanks for your help
>
> > On 6 ago, 10:59, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > You need to apply g729 patch:
> >http://code.google.com/p/siphon/downloads/list
> > > and compile g729a library :
> >http://code.google.com/p/siphon/source/browse/#svn/trunk/g729a
>
> > > Samuel

> > <siphon%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<siphon%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

Samuel Vinson

Aug 7, 2010, 3:44:50 PM8/7/10
to sip...@googlegroups.com
logically yes  ;-)

Samuel Vinson

Nov 4, 2011, 9:17:44 AM11/4/11
to sip...@googlegroups.com
check into the log,
Check the priority of codec too.

Samuel

2011/11/4 khan <shrou...@gmail.com>
i am working on the pjsip from trunk, so the patch is not directly
applicable. however, i manually edited the files as mentioned in the
patch and the pjsip compiled fine.
and then i  put the libg729a.a in  pjproject-svn/third_party/lib
( obtained by compiling http://code.google.com/p/siphon/source/browse/#svn/trunk/g729a
) .

but i do not seem to get the g729 enabled. is there any other steps?

Khan

On Aug 8 2010, 2:44 am, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> logically yes  ;-)

khan

Nov 7, 2011, 10:56:37 PM11/7/11
to Siphon
Hi, not sure i replied to this one.

can anyone confirm if the patch works with the latest pjsip from trunk
or if i should download the older version of pjsip (the patch is made
against svn version 3029) ?

Khan

On Nov 4, 8:17 pm, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> check into the log,
> Check the priority of codec too.
>
> Samuel

khan

Nov 8, 2011, 3:07:35 AM11/8/11
to Siphon
Hi samuel,

I made some more progress on this:

1. patched the files according to the http://code.google.com/p/siphon/downloads/list
(manually)
2. could not compile g729, as it could not find typedef.h and
g729a.h , had to use the http://www.piemontewireless.net/File:G729.c
and http://www.piemontewireless.net/File:G729-iphoneSdk312.zip
3. it compiled fine, but still was not loading the g729 codec
4. changed the audio_codec.c in pjmedia-codec/ folder and added the
following:

#if PJMEDIA_HAS_G729_CODEC
status = pjmedia_codec_g729_init(endpt);
if (status != PJ_SUCCESS)
return status;
#endif /* PJMEDIA_HAS_G729_CODEC */

5. compiled fine
6. tried to run it on the iphone with iOs 4.3 , it crashes with "GDB:
Program received signal : SIGABORT " when trying to initialize pjsip
( pjsua_init(&app_config->cfg, &app_config->log_cfg, &app_config-
>media_cfg); )

from the debugger console:

4:02:32.918 os_core_unix.c !pjlib 2.0.0-alpha2-svn for POSIX
initialized
14:03:07.939 sip_endpoint.c .Creating endpoint instance...
14:03:07.950 pjlib .select() I/O Queue created (0x93e530)
14:03:07.953 sip_endpoint.c .Module "mod-msg-print" registered
14:03:07.954 sip_transport. .Transport manager created.
14:03:07.958 pjsua_core.c .PJSUA state changed: NULL --> CREATED
Assertion failed: (factory->op->destroy != ((void *)0)), function
pjmedia_codec_mgr_register_factory, file ../src/pjmedia/codec.c, line
128.
Program received signal: “SIGABRT”.

this is something to do with the g729 as it appears the pjsip crashes
when i try to enable it in audio_codec.c . any idea where it might be
going wrong?

On Nov 8, 10:56 am, khan <shroukk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, not sure i replied to this one.
>
> can anyone confirm if the patch works with the latest pjsip from trunk
> or if i should download the older version of pjsip (the patch is made
> against svn version 3029) ?
>
> Khan
>
> On Nov 4, 8:17 pm, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > check into the log,
> > Check the priority of codec too.
>
> > Samuel
>
> > 2011/11/4 khan <shroukk...@gmail.com>
>
> > > i am working on the pjsip from trunk, so the patch is not directly
> > > applicable. however, i manually edited the files as mentioned in the
> > > patch and the pjsip compiled fine.
> > > and then i  put the libg729a.a in  pjproject-svn/third_party/lib
> > > ( obtained by compiling
> > >http://code.google.com/p/siphon/source/browse/#svn/trunk/g729a
> > > ) .
>
> > > but i do not seem to get theg729enabled. is there any other steps?
>
> > > Khan

Samuel Vinson

Nov 8, 2011, 3:09:56 AM11/8/11
to sip...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I re-read the patch and effectively it seems it doesn't include the calls to:
pjmedia_codec_g729_init
pjmedia_codec_g729_deinit

I remember I already posted the fixes.
You have to look for where the same functions for other codec are called, and add this function.
pjmedia_codec_XXX_init
pjmedia_codec_XXX_deinit

Tell me if you fix the issue, otherwise I will send you later this week the fix.

Samuel

khan

Nov 9, 2011, 2:52:32 AM11/9/11
to Siphon
Hi,
yes, editing audio_codec.c and adding

#if PJMEDIA_HAS_G729_CODEC
status = pjmedia_codec_g729_init(endpt);
if (status != PJ_SUCCESS)
return status;
#endif /* PJMEDIA_HAS_G729_CODEC */

indeed enables g729. it should be part of the patch. but in my case,
actually the issue was in codec.c

/* Since 2.0 we require codec factory to implement "destroy" op.
Please
* see: https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/1294
*
* Really! Please do see it.
*/
PJ_ASSERT_RETURN(factory->op->destroy != NULL, PJ_ENOTSUP);

looks like the g729.c did not implement the destroy op. i commented
out this part and it compiled and ran g729 just fine and i am able to
use g729 with my asterisk

however, the g729.c i got from http://www.piemontewireless.net/File:G729.c
has an issue, when i talk on it, i can hear a background noise like
"pop pop pop"! not sure what it is.
I am trying to re-compile the pjsip using g729_va.c from (http://
code.google.com/p/siphon/downloads/detail?name=g729_va.c&can=2&q=),
but i can not seem to find where is these two files:

#include <g729/typedef.h>
#include <g729/g729ab_if.h>

any idea?

On Nov 8, 3:09 pm, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I re-read the patch and effectively it seems it doesn't include the calls
> to:
>
> pjmedia_codec_g729_init
> pjmedia_codec_g729_deinit
>
> I remember I already posted the fixes.
> You have to look for where the same functions for other codec are called,
> and add this function.
>
> pjmedia_codec_XXX_init
>
> pjmedia_codec_XXX_deinit
>
> Tell me if you fix the issue, otherwise I will send you later this week the
> fix.
>
> Samuel

Samuel Vinson

Nov 9, 2011, 5:11:14 AM11/9/11
to sip...@googlegroups.com
Check the ptime in g729.c

Samuel

khan

Nov 10, 2011, 10:33:07 AM11/10/11
to Siphon
hi,from your mail and after reading the discussion here:
http://code.google.com/p/siphon/issues/detail?id=374
i tried setting the frm_ptime  to 20 and frm_per_pkt to 2 , but it
only increased the noise!
i have tried different combinations. so far,got the best (but really
not that good) result by setting ptime to 10ms and frm_per_pkt to 2.
do you have any suggested value?
Khan
On Nov 9, 5:11 pm, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Check the ptime in g729.c
>
> Samuel
>
> 2011/11/9 khan <shroukk...@gmail.com>
>

> > Hi,
> > yes, editing  audio_codec.c  and adding
>
> >  #if PJMEDIA_HAS_G729_CODEC
> >    status = pjmedia_codec_g729_init(endpt);
> >    if (status != PJ_SUCCESS)
> >        return status;
> > #endif  /* PJMEDIA_HAS_G729_CODEC */
>
> >  indeed enables g729. it should be part of the patch. but in my case,
> > actually the issue was in codec.c
>
> >    /* Since 2.0 we require codec factory to implement "destroy" op.
> > Please
> >     * see:https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/1294
> >     *
> >     * Really! Please do see it.
> >     */
> >    PJ_ASSERT_RETURN(factory->op->destroy != NULL, PJ_ENOTSUP);
>
> > looks like the g729.c did not implement the destroy op. i commented
> > out this part and it compiled and ran g729 just fine and i am able to
> > use g729 with my asterisk
>
> > however, the g729.c i got fromhttp://www.piemontewireless.net/File:G729.c

khan

Nov 25, 2011, 12:25:33 AM11/25/11
to Siphon
bump!
anyone? :)

On Nov 10, 10:33 pm, khan <shroukk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,from your mail and after reading the discussion here:http://code.google.com/p/siphon/issues/detail?id=374
> i tried setting the frm_ptime  to 20 and frm_per_pkt to 2 , but it
> only increased the noise!
> i have tried different combinations. so far,got the best (but really
> not that good) result by setting ptime to 10ms and frm_per_pkt to 2.
> do you have any suggested value?
> Khan
> On Nov 9, 5:11 pm, Samuel Vinson <samuelv0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Check the ptime ing729.c
>
> > Samuel
>
> > 2011/11/9 khan <shroukk...@gmail.com>
>
> > > Hi,
> > > yes, editing  audio_codec.c  and adding
>
> > >  #if PJMEDIA_HAS_G729_CODEC
> > >    status = pjmedia_codec_g729_init(endpt);
> > >    if (status != PJ_SUCCESS)
> > >        return status;
> > > #endif  /* PJMEDIA_HAS_G729_CODEC */
>

> > >  indeed enablesg729. it should be part of the patch. but in my case,

> > > actually the issue was in codec.c
>
> > >    /* Since 2.0 we require codec factory to implement "destroy" op.
> > > Please
> > >     * see:https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/1294
> > >     *
> > >     * Really! Please do see it.
> > >     */
> > >    PJ_ASSERT_RETURN(factory->op->destroy != NULL, PJ_ENOTSUP);
>

> > > looks like theg729.c did not implement the destroy op. i commented
> > > out this part and it compiled and rang729just fine and i am able to
> > > useg729with my asterisk
>
> > > however, theg729.c i got fromhttp://www.piemontewireless.net/File:G729.c

> > > steps?

> > > call.h, do

khan

Nov 25, 2011, 2:43:49 AM11/25/11
to Siphon
this happens only on the iphone side. but the called party / the other
end can hear perfect voice! something in the g729_decode function?