Wisdom

Mar 11, 2007, 3:18:17 PM3/11/07
Wisdom

(1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NASB)

The Wisdom of God

18 For the word of the cross is ?a?foolishness to ?b?those who ?1?are
perishing, but to us who ?2?are being saved it is ?c?the power of God.

19 For it is written,

"?a?I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,

And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside."

20 ?a?Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater
of ?b?this age? Has not God ?c?made foolish the wisdom of ?d?the world?

21 For since in the wisdom of God ?a?the world through its wisdom did
not come to know God, ?b?God was well-pleased through the
?c?foolishness of the ?1?message preached to ?d?save those who believe.

22 For indeed ?a?Jews ask for ?1?signs and Greeks search for wisdom;

23 but we preach ?1??a?Christ crucified, ?b?to Jews a stumbling block
and to Gentiles ?c?foolishness,

24 but to those who are ?a?the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ
?b?the power of God and ?c?the wisdom of God.

25 Because the ?a?foolishness of God is wiser than men, and ?b?the
weakness of God is stronger than men.

[1]

The cross divides men. The cross divides the saved from the unsaved, but it
doesn't divide the saved people. It should unite them, you see. A Dutch artist
painted a picture called "The Last Judgment." It depicts the throne of God, and
away from that throne the lost are falling into space. And as they fall, they cling
together. This is an accurate picture of the one world that men are working for
today. The lost want to come together in one great unity, and they are going to
accomplish a great union in the last days. But cutting across the grain of the
ecumenical environment and the contemporary thought is the gospel of Christ.
Lord Jesus called Himself a divider of men, and the dividing line is His cross.
The preaching of the Cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto the saved
person it is the power of God.

Paul makes it very clear that his method was not in the wisdom of the words of
the world, not in the method of dialectics of divisions or differences or opinions
or theories, but he just presented the cross of Christ. That brought about a unity
of those who were saved. To those who perish, the cross of Christ is
foolishness; but to the saved man it becomes the power of God. The cross of
Christ divides the world, but it does not divide the church.

[2]

1 Corinthians 1:18 (a)

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness.

The literal translation would more correctly render this verse: "For the
preaching of the Cross is to them that are perishing foolishness." When we tell
people that Jesus loves them, died in place of them, and offers a new life to
them, those who are perishing just don't get it because to deny one's self and
take up the Cross seems foolish to them.

[3]

1 Corinthians 1:18 (b)

.but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Again, a more literal rendering of this verse would be ".but unto us which are
being saved, it is the power of God." Salvation is, in a sense, progressive.
When you opened your heart to Jesus Christ, you were saved from the penalty
of sin. Day by day, we're saved from the power of sin. And when Jesus comes
to take us to heaven, we'll be saved from the presence of sin. The message of
the Cross gives hope when I have failed because Jesus' blood cleanses me
from all sin. It also gives direction to the way I live, for it is only when I deny
myself and take up the Cross that I find life (Matthew 10:38, 39).

1:18 The message (logos) of the Cross, in contrast to the speech (logos) of
human wisdom (v. 17), has the Cross as its central theme. When people hear it,
it produces opposite effects in those who are on the way to perdition and in
those on the way to glory. Paul contrasted foolishness and weakness with
wisdom and power (cf. Rom. 1:16).

"What would you think if a woman came to work wearing earrings stamped
with an image of the mushroom cloud of the atomic bomb dropped over
Hiroshima?

"What would you think of a church building adorned with a fresco of the
massed graves at Auschwitz? . . .

"The same sort of shocking horror was associated with cross and crucifixion in
the first century."30

[4]

1 Corinthians 1:19, 20

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing
the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe?
where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of
this world?

"Where are the debaters, scribes, and thinkers? Where are the psychiatrists
and psychologists?" asks Paul. "What have they done for your culture? Hasn't
God made foolish the wisdom of the world?"

We can either become depressed over the foolish political and judicial
decisions of our leaders-or we can realize they are exactly what God planned
to do all along. We won't be upset if we realize that even the foolishness of the
world is part of God's plan.

1:20 The first three questions in this verse recall similar questions that Isaiah
voiced when the Assyrians' plans to destroy Jerusalem fell through (Isa. 33:18;
cf. Job 12:17; Isa. 19:12). Paul's references to the age (Gr. aion) and the world
(kosmos) clarify that he was speaking of purely natural wisdom in contrast to
the wisdom that God has revealed. God's wisdom centers on the Cross.

"In first-century Corinth, 'wisdom' was not understood to be practical skill in
living under the fear of the Lord (as it frequently is in Proverbs), nor was it
perceived to be some combination of intuition, insight, and people smarts (as it
frequently is today in the West). Rather, wisdom was a public philosophy, a
well-articulated world-view that made sense of life and ordered the choices,
values, and priorities of those who adopted it. The 'wise man,' then, was
someone who adopted and defended one of the many competing public world-
views. Those who were 'wise' in this sense might have been Epicureans or
Stoics or Sophists or Platonists, but they had this in common: they claimed to
be able to 'make sense' out of life and death and the universe."31

[5]

S. Lewis Johnson in The Wycliffe Bible Commentary notes that in context these
"words are God's denouncement of the policy of the 'wise' in Judah in seeking
an alliance with Egypt when threatened by Sennacherib."? 2 How true it is that
God delights to accomplish His purposes in ways that seem foolish to men.
How often He uses methods that the wise of this world would ridicule, yet they
achieve the desired results with wonderful accuracy and efficiency. For
example, man's wisdom assures him that he can earn or merit his own salvation.
The gospel sets aside all man's efforts to save himself and presents Christ as the
only way to God.

[6]

1 Corinthians 1:21

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it
pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

People have their hope restored in the big picture of eternity through that which
the world deems foolish: the preaching of the Word. Paul doesn't say that
people are saved by the preaching of foolishness. You'll know the difference
between the preaching that is the power of God and the preaching of
foolishness by one simple rule of thumb: Does what is being said match up with
the Scriptures? Is it seen specifically in the life of Jesus? Is it practiced
throughout the Book of Acts? Is it taught by Paul in the Epistles? In other
words, is it consistent with the entire New Testament?

Every true teaching, doctrine, and practice is seen in the life of Jesus, practiced
in the Book of Acts, and taught by Paul in the Epistles. Therefore, if a teacher
of preacher suggests something that doesn't match up in all those areas, reject
it. Because there is enough in the Word to keep us busy for every day of our
lives, there is no need to supplement it with deviant doctrine or bizarre
practices.

1 Corinthians 1:22, 23 (a)

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach
Christ crucified.

Whether relating to marriage or government, depression or addiction, parenting,
finances, or doubt, the Cross is indeed the crux of every matter.

Notice that Paul divides mankind into two great ethnic groups: the Jews and the
Greeks (meaning Gentiles). He recognizes this twofold division. The Jew
represented religion. He had a God-given religion. The Jews felt that they had
the truth, and they did-as far as the Old Testament was concerned. The
problem was that it had become just a ritual to them. They had departed from
the Scriptures and followed tradition, which was their interpretation of the
Scriptures. The power was gone. Therefore, when Christ appeared, they asked
for a sign. Rather than turning to their Scriptures, they asked for a sign. "Then
certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would
see a sign from thee. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and
adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it,
but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights
in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in
the heart of the earth" (Matt. 12:38-40). The Lord Jesus gave to them the sign
of resurrection.

[7]

1 Corinthians 1:23 (b)-25

.unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; but unto
them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and
the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the
weakness of God is stronger than men.

The Jews stumble at the crucified Christ. Why? They were looking for a
Messiah to lead them militarily and provide for them economically. Therefore,
when Jesus came on the scene and was nailed to a Cross, they discounted Him
immediately. Today we see crosses around necks, on bookmarks, or above
churches. In Jesus' day, however, this would have been equivalent to wearing a
little gold electric chair around one's neck, attaching a mini gas chamber to a
bookmark, or hanging a noose atop a church.

The Greeks didn't find the Cross to be humiliating. They found it to be too
simple. And the Greek mind-set is still present today in those who think the
preaching of the Cross is too simple, that it doesn't deal with the dysfunctional
families, drug addictions, and cultural differences of our complex culture. We
who have personally experienced its power know otherwise.

[8]

"What is truth?" asked the fatalistic Pilate. Bacon asked the same question, and
philosophy is still asking that question. Philosophy still has no answers to the
problems of life. "Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer
of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?"

Someone has defined philosophy as a blind man in a dark room looking for a
black cat that isn't there. The Greeks sought after wisdom. Today man is still
searching for some theory or formula, and he thinks that it is through science
that he will get the answers to some of the questions of life. Do you think that
man today has the answers to the questions of life? I was interested in a
statement which I found in a periodical: "The truth is that modern man is
overimpressed by his own achievements. To put a rocket into an orbit that is
more than a hundred miles from the surface of the earth takes a great deal of
joint thought and effort, but we tend to overstate the case. Though men who
ride a few miles above the earth are called astronauts, this is clearly a
misnomer. Men will not be astronauts until they ride among the stars, and it is
important to remember that most of the stars are thousands of lightyears away.
The Russians are even more unrestrained in their overstatements, calling their
men cosmonauts. Someone needs to say, 'Little man, don't take yourself quite
so seriously.'"

Man today thinks he has a few answers. Where are the wise today? It is a
good question to ask. You see, God has made foolish the wisdom of this
world.

"For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it
pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe." This is
a tremendous statement.

"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the
Greeks foolishness." The Jews found the Cross to be a stumblingblock, a
skandalon. They wanted a sign. They wanted someone to show the way. They
wanted a pointer, a highway marker. They would have accepted a deliverer on
a white charger who was putting down the power of Rome. But a crucified
Christ was an insult to them. That meant defeat-not victory. They didn't want
to accept that at all. "As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and
rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed" (Rom.
9:33). And Peter wrote this: "Unto you therefore which believe he is precious:
but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed,
the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock
of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient:
whereunto also they were appointed" (1 Pet. 2:7-8). A crucified Christ was a
stumblingblock to the Jew.

To the Greeks (or Gentiles) the cross was foolishness, an absurdity. They
considered it utterly preposterous and ridiculous and contrary to any rational,
worldly system. In Rome there has been found a caricature of Christianity, a
figure on the cross with an ass' head. Also in our day our Savior is being
ridiculed.

Now Paul bears down on philosophy. While he was in the city of Corinth, he
was preaching Christ. "And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed,
he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own
heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles" (Acts 18:6). Can
philosophy lift man out of the cesspool of this life? It never has. Notice that men
will be saved, not by foolish preaching, but by the preaching of "foolishness,"
that is, by the preaching of the Cross. It is not the method but the message that
the natural man considers foolish. Men still reject it. Today the wisdom of the
world is to have an antipoverty program or some other kind of program. Or the
wisdom of the world is to save man from his problems by education. May I say
that what man needs today is the gospel. The wisdom of the world has never
considered that.

Now Paul introduces another class of mankind. "Unto them which are called,
both Jews and Greeks"-these are the called, the elect. They have not only
heard the invitation, they have responded to it. And they have found in the cross
of Christ the wisdom and power of God which has transformed their lives,
made them new men. The Lord Jesus molded eleven men, then called Saul of
Tarsus, and sent them out. They took the gospel to Corinth with its sin, to
Ephesus with its religion. For over nineteen hundred years the gospel has been
going around the world, and it is the only help and the only hope of mankind.

[9]

Evangelist, speaking to Christian after Christian's encounter with Worldly
Wiseman: "I will now show thee who it was that deluded thee. . That man
that met thee is one Worldly Wiseman; and rightly is he so called; partly
because he savoreth only of the doctrine of this world (therefore he always
goes to the town of Morality to church), and partly because he loveth that
doctrine best, for it saveth him from the Cross."

John Bunyan in The Pilgrim's Progress

[10]

SILLY, SUPERFICIAL, AND SIMPLE

Paul had literally been where no man had gone before. He had taken the gospel
to uncharted territories and untested hearers. He understood rejection. When
Paul mentioned audience reactions (1:21), he had the scars to prove just how
violently some resisted the gospel. Problems in sharing the gospel were not
theoretical for Paul.

Those who proclaim the gospel may find that others think they are ridiculous. If
our message did not hold the answer to life and death it might seem silly and
superficial. Though some ridicule it, the gospel remains the simple truth. Paul
described the attitude we ought to have this way: "For I am not ashamed of this
Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone
who believes-Jews first and also Gentiles" (Romans 1:16 nlt). Like Paul, we
must proclaim the simple gospel.

[11]

MIXED REACTIONS

The Good News of Jesus Christ still sounds foolish to many and offensive to
others. It is foolishness to any who have chosen another way to face their
unavoidable appointment with death and what comes after. It is offensive to
those who attempt to maintain a facade of self-righteousness or self-confidence
in the face of life's questions. Those who cannot consider their own sinfulness
will find that the gospel offers a solution they insist they do not need. Our
society worships power, influence, and wealth. Jesus came as a humble, poor
servant, and he offers his kingdom to those who have faith, not to those who
work hard or improve themselves. This may look ridiculous to the world, but
Christ is our power, the only way we can be saved. Make sure you know
Christ personally; then you'll have the greatest wisdom anyone could desire.

[12]

What Is Pragmatism?

Pragmatism is the notion that meaning or worth is determined by practical
consequences. It is closely akin to utilitarianism, the belief that usefulness is the
standard of what is good. To a pragmatist/utilitarian, if a technique or course of
action has the desired effect, it is good. If it doesn't seem to work, it must be
wrong.

Pragmatism as a philosophy was developed and popularized at the end of the
last century by philosopher William James, along with such other noted
intellectuals as John Dewey and George Santayana. It was James who gave the
new philosophy its name and shape. In 1907, he published a collection of
lectures entitled Pragmatism: A New Name for Some Old Ways of Thinking,
and thus defined a whole new approach to truth and life.

Pragmatism has roots in Darwinism and secular humanism. It is inherently
relativistic, rejecting the notion of absolute right and wrong, good and evil, truth
and error. Pragmatism ultimately defines truth as that which is useful,
meaningful, and helpful. Ideas that don't seem workable or relevant are
rejected as false.

What's wrong with pragmatism? After all, common sense involves a measure of
legitimate pragmatism, doesn't it? If a dripping faucet works fine after you
replace the washers, for example, it is reasonable to assume that bad washers
were the problem. If the medicine your doctor prescribes produces harmful
side effects or has no effect at all, you need to ask if there's a remedy that
works. Such simple pragmatic realities are generally self-evident.

But when pragmatism is used to make judgments about right and wrong, or
when it becomes a guiding philosophy of life, theology, and ministry, inevitably it
clashes with Scripture. Spiritual and biblical truth is not determined by testing
what "works" and what doesn't. We know from Scripture, for example, that
the gospel often does not produce a positive response (1 Cor. 1:22, 23; 2:14).
On the other hand, satanic lies and deception can be quite effective (Matt.
24:23, 24; 2 Cor. 4:3, 4). Majority reaction is no test of validity (cf Matt. 7:13,
14), and prosperity is no measure of truthfulness (cf Job 12:6). Pragmatism as a
guiding philosophy of ministry is inherently flawed. Pragmatism as a test of truth
is nothing short of satanic.

[13]

Thinking Again

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when
the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

-Acts 3:19

Peter had preached to the crowd in the temple: Jesus Christ crucified, risen,
ascended; Jesus Christ coming again; Jesus Christ the great Deliverer; the
baptizer with the Holy Spirit; Jesus Christ who alone can refresh us and give us
new life and health and vigor and strength. He had expounded all that, but still
he had not finished, and we have not finished. God forbid that we should finish
without looking at this subject that is left here for us to consider. Far too often
we stop at the wrong point, we do not go all the way, but here it is.

In the light of all this, said Peter, "Repent ye therefore ." Here is the focus of
the whole sermon, and this is the point that pierces. This is an essential and a
vital part of the preaching of the Gospel, and the first thing we must realize is
that this message, this Gospel, is not something theoretical and academic. It is
not just one of a number of views of life that you can take up and read about or
listen to lectures or sermons concerning it and still remain in the position of a
spectator. One can have an intellectual interest in various subjects-"Very
good, very intriguing, very enjoyable." But this is not like that; this is the most
practical thing in the world. This is something that concerns life and living. This
is a life and death matter.

This emphasis was present, in exactly the same way, in the sermon Peter
preached on the day of Pentecost, and it characterizes the whole of the New
Testament teaching. It is a note of urgency: "Repent ye therefore ." Peter was
urgent and insistent. He was not entertaining these people. He was not just out
to deliver an address. He was not a kind of orator. Not at all! This man had
been a fisherman, but suddenly he had been called and commissioned. He had
been sent to do something, and he was alive. He was alert. He was insistent
and urgent. He said, "Repent." He pressed his message upon his listeners, and
thereby he showed them that it was not just of general or theoretical interest. It
is the most urgent and practical thing in the world. So he pleaded with the
people.

[14]

a 1 Cor 1:21, 23, 25; 2:14; 4:10
b Acts 2:47; 2 Cor 2:15; 4:3; 2 Thess 2:10
1 Or perish
2 Or are saved
c Rom 1:16; 1 Cor 1:24
a Is 29:14
a Job 12:17; Is 19:11f; 33:18
b Matt 13:22; 1 Cor 2:6, 8; 3:18, 19
c Rom 1:20ff
d John 12:31; 1 Cor 1:27f; 6:2; 11:32; James 4:4
a John 12:31; 1 Cor 1:27f; 6:2; 11:32; James 4:4
b Luke 12:32; Gal 1:15; Col 1:19
c 1 Cor 1:18, 23, 25; 2:14; 4:10
1 Lit preaching
d Rom 11:14; James 5:20
a Matt 12:38
1 Or attesting miracles
1 I.e. Messiah
a 1 Cor 2:2; Gal 3:1; 5:11
b Luke 2:34; 1 Pet 2:8
c 1 Cor 1:18, 21, 25; 2:14; 4:10
a Rom 8:28
b Rom 1:16; 1 Cor 1:18
c Luke 11:49; 1 Cor 1:30
a 1 Cor 1:18, 21, 23; 2:14; 4:10
b 2 Cor 13:4

[1]New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (1 Co 1:18-25).
LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

[2]McGee, J. V. (1997, c1981). Thru the Bible commentary. Based on the
Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.) (5:10). Nashville: Thomas
Nelson.

[3]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (1014).
Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

30 30. D. A. Carson, The Cross & Christian Ministry, p. 12.

[4]Tom Constable. (2003; 2003). Tom Constable's Expository Notes on the
Bible (1 Co 1:18). Galaxie Software.

31 31. Ibid., pp. 15-16.

[5]Tom Constable. (2003; 2003). Tom Constable's Expository Notes on the
Bible (1 Co 1:20). Galaxie Software.

? 2 (1:19) S. Lewis Johnson, "First Corinthians," The Wycliffe Bible
Commentary, p. 1232.

[6]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible
Commentary : Old and New Testaments (1 Co 1:19). Nashville: Thomas
Nelson.

[7]McGee, J. V. (1997, c1981). Thru the Bible commentary. Based on the
Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.) (5:10-11). Nashville: Thomas
Nelson.

[8]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (1014).
Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

[9]McGee, J. V. (1997, c1981). Thru the Bible commentary. Based on the
Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.) (5:11-12). Nashville: Thomas
Nelson.

[10]Barton, B. B., & Osborne, G. R. (1999). 1 & 2 Corinthians. Life
application Bible commentary (32). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House.

nlt Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New
Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House
Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

[11]Barton, B. B., & Osborne, G. R. (1999). 1 & 2 Corinthians. Life
application Bible commentary (32). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House.

[12]Barton, B. B., & Osborne, G. R. (1999). 1 & 2 Corinthians. Life
application Bible commentary (33). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House.

[13]MacArthur, J. (1993). Ashamed of the gospel : When the Church becomes
like the world (12). Wheaton, Ill.: Crossway Books.

[14]Lloyd-Jones, D. M. (2000). Authentic Christianity (1st U.S. ed.) (291).
Wheaton, Ill.: Crossway Books.

--
Don't be a jackanapes!
There's no hurry?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrmDWn6awMA
"The best way to drive out the devil, if he will
not yield to texts of Scripture, is to jeer and
flout him, for he cannot bear scorn."
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0001.html
Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
Wisdom of a Lifetime - Audio MP3 Collection -
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0002.html
The Last (5th) Horseman
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0003.html
The Facts About Jesus, the Bible & the Afterlife
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0004.html
The Way - http://john-14-6.com/john-14-6.pdf
A Tribute to THE KING
http://bibleweb.info/public-a-tribute-to-the-king.pdf
My Main Collection - http://Bibleweb.Info/

Father Haskell

Mar 11, 2007, 2:26:37 PM3/11/07
On Mar 11, 3:18 pm, "e" <0@j...@14-6.info> wrote:
> Wisdom
>
> (1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NASB)
>
> The Wisdom of God
>
> 18 For the word of the cross is ?a?foolishness to ?b?those who ?1?are
> perishing, but to us who ?2?are being saved it is ?c?the power of God.

d. useful for growing gourds on or hanging the laundry from.

Mar 11, 2007, 3:30:17 PM3/11/07

"Father Haskell" <father...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1173637597.1...@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com...

Not 2 worry fatheR Hasan asshole, u have none!

Pastor Kutchie

Mar 11, 2007, 6:23:58 PM3/11/07
On Mar 11, 7:30 pm, "e" <0@j...@14-6.info> wrote:
> "Father Haskell" <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:1173637597.1...@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com...

> > On Mar 11, 3:18 pm, "e" <0@j...@14-6.info> wrote:
> >> Wisdom
>
> >> (1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NASB)
>
> >> The Wisdom of God
>
> >> 18 For the word of the cross is ?a?foolishness to ?b?those who ?1?are
> >> perishing, but to us who ?2?are being saved it is ?c?the power of God.
>
> > d. useful for growing gourds on or hanging the laundry from.
>
> Not 2 worry fatheR Hasan asshole, u have none!

Chung posts his god-bothering horse shit here because he is a
psychopath. what's your excuse?

Mar 12, 2007, 8:31:37 PM3/12/07

"Pastor Kutchie" <use...@heathens.org.uk> wrote in message news:1173651838....@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

Born again simple Christian, that has seen the light and has been set free.

Creation and Its Purpose

THE CREATOR

No defense is given concerning the existence of God. The record
concerning Him is simply, "In the beginning God." The existence of God is
assumed. He reveals Himself as Elohim, which is related to the name El,
having a root meaning of "power" or "fear." It suggests "God's greatness
or superiority over all other gods."?1 The name Elohim identifies God as
"the subject of all divine activity revealed to man and as the object of all
true reverence and fear for men."?2 It emphasizes His sovereignty (Gen.
24:3; Isa. 37:16; 54:5); His role as Judge (Ps. 50:6; 58:11; 75:7); His
majesty or glory (Isa. 40:28; 65:16); His role as the Savior God (Gen.
17:8; 26:24; 28:13); and His intimacy with His people (Gen. 48:15; Ps.
4:1; Jer. 23:23).

While God presents Himself as a transcendent God, He is also immanent,
seeking fellowship with man. He recognizes the creation of man as very
good (Gen. 1:31); He creates man in His own image and likeness that He
may have a relationship with man and that man may rule over the earth
(Gen. 1:26); He speaks with man (Gen. 1:28-30); He creates an
environment especially for man (Gen. 1:3-25, 29-30); He tests man's
loyalty (Gen. 2:16-17); He seeks man (Gen. 3:9).

THE CREATION OF THE WORLD

"In the beginning" describes the time of God's creation. This is not myth; it
is an historical event. Genesis 1:1 gives the principal statement with three
circumstantial clauses following in v. 2, suggesting there is no gap between
1:1 and 1:2. The word created (Heb. bara) suggests God created ex nihilo,
"out of nothing." It was not a refashioning of previous materials (cf. Rom.
4:17; Heb. 11:3). The days of creation are referred to as "it was evening
and it was morning," suggesting twenty-four hour days. The statements
"second day," "third day," also demand twenty-four hour days.?3 The
creation account is a denial of any form of evolution-atheistic, theistic, or
threshhold. If man is the product of an evolutionary process then man is not
morally accountable to God; if, however, God directly created man, then
man is accountable to God and was also created that he might walk in
holiness for fellowship with God.

But what was the purpose of creation? Without question the greatness, the
immensity, the magnitude of creation was to bring glory to God.?4

CREATION OF MAN

Man's creation was special and unique. Man was created on the last day,
the climax of God's creation; at the conclusion of man's creation, God
noted, "it was very good" (Gen. 1:31). Man is not the product of evolution
but the direct creation of God (Gen. 1:27; 2:7; 5:1; Deut. 4:32). Genesis
1:27 gives the general statement; Genesis 2:7 provides additional details of
the same account. It is also important to note that Christ acknowledged
that God directly created man (Matt. 19:4). God also created the individual
species (Gen. 1:27). What is particularly significant, however, is that God
created man in His own image and likeness. This does not refer to bodily
form, since God is spirit (John 4:24), but a spiritual, natural, and moral
likeness. In his spiritual likeness, man as a regenerated being may have
fellowship with God (Eph. 2:1, 5); in his natural likeness, man has intellect,
emotions, and will to know and commune with God; in his moral likeness,
man may know and obey the precepts of God.

RESPONSIBILITY OF MAN

God's purpose in creating man is stated in Genesis 1:26, "let them rule."
God placed man in the garden to rule over His creation. Adam was God's
mediator, placed on earth to dispense His will on earth. Man's destiny as
God's mediator is further seen in Psalm 8:6-7, "Thou dost make him to
rule over the works of thy hands; Thou has put all things under his feet, All
sheep and oxen, And also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens,
and the fish of the sea, whatever passes through the paths of the seas." As
God's mediator, Adam was to exercise authority over all creation-plant
and animal life. Adam was to rule over God's creation.

God placed man in a perfect environment and gave him a test. Man was
permitted to eat of any tree of the garden but not from the tree of the
knowledge of good and evil (Gen. 2:17). Should he do so, death would
result. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was to develop man
spiritually; not to have knowledge is a sign of immaturity (Deut. 1:39).
God's purpose was that man should attain to a knowledge of good and evil
through not eating of the fruit. In this way man would glorify God-and
man would rule over God's kingdom on earth in its unfallen estate. But man
disobeyed God and attained to the knowledge of good and evil-the
wrong way.?5

Fall and Judgment

THE TEMPTATION AND SIN

God placed man in the garden and gave man the opportunity to obey Him
and lead the human race into eternal blessing (he could have been
confirmed in righteousness by eating from the tree of life). It was a test
concerning Adam's loyalty and obedience to God.

The solicitation to sin came to Eve through the serpent. The fact that the
serpent could tempt Eve suggests evil was present (although man had not
yet sinned). It must forever remain a riddle as to where sin came from; it is
one of the mysteries of life. Although it was the serpent speaking, it was
Satan who engineered the temptation. It was possible because he was
"crafty" ("clever," Matt. 10:16). The serpent opposed the glory of God
and sought to disrupt man's fellowship with God and man's rule over
God's creation. Satan, through the serpent, raised doubt about God's
word (Gen. 3:1); he lied by saying that man would not die (Gen. 3:4),
expressing it in strongest terms, "You surely shall not die!"?6 Eve
submitted to the temptation, sinning in the manner common to the human
race: through the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of
life (cf. 1 John 2:16). Adam also participated in the sin; although Eve was
deceived (1 Tim. 2:14), Adam realized what he was doing, hence, the
greater judgment. For this reason Adam is constituted the first sinner (Rom.
5:12-21).

JUDGMENT

Adam and Eve now came to a knowledge of good and evil but not in the
manner they should have. Immediately the world around them looked
different; they recognized their nakedness, something they had not
previously considered (Gen. 3:7). Their minds had become defiled,
hindering fellowship with God.

God called for Adam, the mediator of His truth, to accountability (Gen.
3:9). Adam as head of the human race was being held responsible. God
first pronounced judgment upon the serpent and Satan who was the power
behind the serpent (Gen. 3:14-15). Because the serpent sought to exalt
himself he would be abased, crawling on his belly, eating the dust in his
path. Genesis 3:15 should be understood as referring to Satan. Although he
would have a minor victory, the seed of the woman (Christ) would deal
Satan a death blow. God also judged the woman; she would have pain in
childbirth (Gen. 3:16) and desire for her husband?7 who would rule over
her. The judgment on Adam meant he would work hard; the ground would
resist him.?8 The tragic news awaited Adam: death would occur. Adam
and Eve died both physically and spiritually.

Promise of Redemption

In Genesis 3:15 God announced the enmity that would come between
Satan and mankind. This is the protevangelium, the first announcement of
the gospel in Scripture. Satan would be dealt a destructive, head crushing
blow. This is a reference to Christ's victory over Satan at the cross (Col.
2:14-15; Heb. 2:14) when Christ would render Satan powerless, enabling
man to be forever restored to fellowship with God, making possible man's
ultimate rule. Satan would have a minor victory ("you shall bruise him on
the heel" ), suggesting the death of Christ; however, that very death would
spell Satan's defeat.

Although Adam and Eve had sinned, incurring death, God moved to
resolve man's dilemma by pointing to a future Savior who would eliminate
death, restore believing man to fellowship with God, and consummate
history with Messiah's reign on earth to restore all that Adam had lost.

Even though Adam lost considerable authority in his kingdom rule as God's
mediator, Genesis 3:15 looks to the future when the Messianic kingdom
will be inaugurated, restoring all that Adam lost.

Summary

Several things should be noted regarding God's revelation in the Edenic
era. (1) God revealed Himself as omnipotent and sovereign in the creation
of the universe and world. (2) God is holy, demanding obedience for
fellowship with Himself. (3) God is a God of grace, as manifest through the
promise of a Savior. (4) Man is the apex of God's creation, created in the
image and likeness of God for fellowship with God and for rule over God's
creation. (5) Man is a responsible creature, answerable to a holy God.
Man is constituted a sinner through the sin of Adam. (6) God initiates His
redemptive program by promising a Savior to Adam and Eve. The promise
anticipates Messiah's ultimate triumph over Satan, providing the basis for
the restored kingdom.

For Further Study On The Edenic Era

* William Dyrness. Themes in Old Testament Theology. Exeter:
Paternoster, 1979.

** E. W. Hengstenberg. Christology of the Old Testament. Reprint. Grand
Rapids: Kregel, 1970. pp. 13-24.

** Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. Toward an Old Testament Theology. Grand
Rapids: Zondervan, 1978. pp. 71-79.

* Geerhardus Vos. Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments. Grand
Rapids: Eerdmans, 1948. pp. 27-44.

[1]

1 1. Jack B. Scott, "El" in Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, 2
vols., edited by R. Laird Harris et al. (Chicago: Moody, 1980), 1:42.

2 2. Ibid., 1:44.

3 3. Whenever the numeral appears with the Hebrew word yom (day) it
demands a twentyfour hour day. See also the excellent study by Weston
W. Fields, Unformed and Unfilled (Nutley, N.J.: Presbyterian &
Reformed, 1976).

4 4. Erich Sauer, The Dawn of World Redemption (Exeter: Paternoster,
1964), pp. 25-29.

5 5. C. F. Keil and F. Delitzsch, Biblical Commentary on the Old
Testament, 25 vols. (Reprint. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1968), 1:84-86.

6 6. The Hebrew construction is an infinitive absolute which expresses
emphasis when it immediately precedes the verb.

7 7. The meaning of desire (Heb. shuq, "violent craving") is difficult to
determine since it is only used three times in the Old Testament (Gen. 3:16;
4:7; Song 7:10). It may have reference to sexual desire as in Song of
Solomon 7:10 or desire to be under his rule or perhaps desire to rule over
him.

8 8. The word describing Adam's toil (Heb. yizabon, Gen. 3:17) also
describes Eve's pain in childbirth (Gen. 3:16).

[1]Enns, P. P. (1997, c1989). The Moody handbook of theology (39).
Chicago, Ill.: Moody Press.

--
My Christian Bible Study Collection ><> http://Bibleweb.Info/

Pastor Kutchie

Mar 13, 2007, 5:22:33 AM3/13/07
On Mar 13, 12:31 am, "e" <0@j...@14-6.info> wrote:
> "Pastor Kutchie" <use...@heathens.org.uk> wrote in messagenews:1173651838....@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

> >> Not 2 worry fatheR Hasan asshole, u have none!
>
> > Chung posts his god-bothering horse shit here because he is a
> > psychopath. what's your excuse?
>
> Born again simple Christian, that has seen the light and has been set free.

What's that got to do with Cardiology (be careful how you answer this,
there are tangible consequences).

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 15, 2007, 1:41:42 PM3/15/07
convicted neighbor Haskell wrote:

> brother "e" <0@j...@14-6.info> wrote:
>
> > Wisdom
> >
> > (1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NASB)
> >
> > The Wisdom of God
> >
> > 18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are
> > perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

> d. useful for growing gourds on or hanging the laundry from.

Clearly you remain convicted by the Holy Spirit:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

These victories belong to GOD, Whom I love with all my heart, soul,
mind, and strength:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/fear.asp

Reverently fear GOD and dread nothing (especially not cancer of
unknown origin) that is of this world:

http://TruthRUS.org/DreadNought

May you wisely surrender to HIM by publicly declaring with your mouth
that "Jesus is LORD:"

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay

May GOD, in HIS infinite grace and mercy, bless dear convicted
neighbor Bob Pastorio, who has become terminal stricken after unwisely
putting off surrendering to the Holy Spirit:

Prayerfully in Jesus' everlasting love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://EmoryCardiology.com

Kurt Gavin

Mar 15, 2007, 4:42:33 PM3/15/07

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <ach...@emorycardiology.com> wrote in message

> convicted neighbor Haskell wrote:
>> brother "e" <0@j...@14-6.info> wrote:
>>
>> > Wisdom
>> >
>> > (1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NASB)
>> >
>> > The Wisdom of God
>> >
>> > 18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are
>> > perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
>>
>> d. useful for growing gourds on or hanging the laundry from.
>
> Clearly you remain convicted by the Holy Spirit:

Really? Tell us how you know he is "convicted" by some "holy spirit".

And don't chant - discuss it like an adult.

I don't think you have the courage to even try answering this question.

Here's another question for chunkers and his little Jesus friends:

If there is a God, wouldn't he more likely respect people who used their
God-given brains and had honest skepticism based on lack of evidence, and on
the bad acts performed in his name? Logically, he would seek to punish those
who professed belief in him for selfish reasons of seeking better treatment
in an afterlife -- perhaps even making them the slaves of the more honest
skeptics.

Suzanne

Mar 15, 2007, 9:00:18 PM3/15/07

"Kurt Gavin" <bugg...@s.com> wrote in message
There is a God. If you were a pilot, you would
be able to fly by seeing the runway when you
take off, by listening to a voice on your
receiver system, and by landing again when you
can see the runway lights. But in a storm or
some really difficult situation, you would have
to depend upon something other than what you
could perceive of "the normal way." You would
have to trust your instruments and by doing so,
then you could land safely. God reaches us in
our spirits, even though we are accustomed to
maneuvering in this world through our 5 senses.

As a pilot in a dilemma, you could see that your
visual and audible circumstances have been
cut off from you. So what should you do?
Panic, and say "I don't believe in flying by
instruments?" Do that and you would crash
for sure. Or you could try flying by instruments
alone. God chooses to reach us through the
spiritual avenue because he loves us and wants
us to have that safety feature when what is
tangible fails to help you.

A person that has never received the Holy Spirit
will not understand this unless he receives him
in his heart and trusts the Lord's son to have
paid for all of his sins on the cross. When he
decides to reach out and put his trust in him,
that's when the Lord gives the Holy Spirit to
that person as an indwelling presence and gift.
Then he will inwardly be able to detect a
feeling of peace if he's going the right way,
and a feeling of troubling if he is going in a
direction in his life that is not the right direction.
This is not a matter of learned conditioning
response. It goes way beyond what is tangible.

Suzanne

Kurt Gavin

Mar 15, 2007, 9:25:09 PM3/15/07

"Suzanne" <shi...@flash.net> wrote in message

When people can't see where they are going, either in a plane, a car or
walking, they have accidents.

Schizophrenics hear and see people doing all kinds of things, and saying all
kinds of things.

There is NO evidence that believers in supernatural beings navigate problems
any better than non-believers.

There was a scientific test conducted to see if prayer could help people
recovering from heart surgery. The results were reported in the American
Heart Journal, April 2006. There was no difference between those patients
were prayed for and those who were not. There was a difference between those
who knew they had been prayed for and those who did not. Those who knew they
had been prayed for were worse off by having significantly more
complications than those who did not know that they had been prayed for.

Not a good advertisement for help from supernatural beings.

Father Haskell

Mar 15, 2007, 9:30:48 PM3/15/07
On Mar 15, 9:25 pm, "Kurt Gavin" <bugger...@s.com> wrote:
> "Suzanne" <shil...@flash.net> wrote in message

> > "Kurt Gavin" <bugger...@s.com> wrote in message

Exactly. If you're in for something serious, request an NFP (No
Fucking
Prayers) bracelet. It might save your life.

Father Haskell

Mar 15, 2007, 9:42:15 PM3/15/07
On Mar 15, 9:00 pm, "Suzanne" <shil...@flash.net> wrote:

> There is a God. If you were a pilot, you would
> be able to fly by seeing the runway when you
> take off, by listening to a voice on your
> receiver system, and by landing again when you
> can see the runway lights. But in a storm or
> some really difficult situation, you would have
> to depend upon something other than what you
> could perceive of "the normal way." You would
> have to trust your instruments and by doing so,
> then you could land safely. God reaches us in
> our spirits, even though we are accustomed to
> maneuvering in this world through our 5 senses.

If there was a god, fuck the instruments, you could
get there by praying.

Smiler

Mar 15, 2007, 10:01:10 PM3/15/07

"Suzanne" <shi...@flash.net> wrote in message

Instrument landings have been proven to work and have worked many times in
the past.
There is no proof of your god.

Smiler,
The godless one

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 16, 2007, 4:24:16 AM3/16/07
sister Suzanne wrote:
> satan via a sockpuppet (demon) wrote:

> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

> >> Clearly you remain convicted by the Holy Spirit:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for HIS compelling
you to boldly witness to those who have become eternally condemned for
unwisely choosing to blaspheme the Holy Spirit:

> >> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/55b9f72abe5705dc?

Laus Deo ! ! !

Marana tha

May GOD continue to heal the hearts of our souls with HIS living water
(http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/living.asp) so that we can love our
neighbors a little more and LORD Jesus Christ infinitely more, dear
sister Suzanne whom I love uncondiitonally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung

Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love

Pastor Kutchie

Mar 16, 2007, 5:24:37 AM3/16/07
On Mar 16, 1:00 am, "Suzanne" <shil...@flash.net> wrote:
> "Kurt Gavin" <bugger...@s.com> wrote in message

Duh! False analogies and non-sequiturs - you lose.

People who have never been trained in the use of their critical
faculties will probably not understand how stupid you are being.

PLUS! Get this horse shit out of sci.med groups.

Kurt Gavin

Mar 16, 2007, 4:06:46 PM3/16/07
Tell us how you know people are "convicted" by some "holy spirit".

The REAL Holy Spirit

Mar 16, 2007, 7:35:42 PM3/16/07
On Mar 16, 4:06 pm, "Kurt Gavin" <bugger...@s.com> asked:

>"will Chung be an atheist's slave in the afterlife ?"

He's a slave to atheists now.
Look how he jumps when Usenet atheists tell him to!

He dances like a monkey for us.

Kurt Gavin

Mar 16, 2007, 8:33:23 PM3/16/07

"The REAL Holy Spirit" <sheila...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Good point.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 16, 2007, 8:36:59 PM3/16/07
brother e wrote:

> satan via a sockpuppet (demon) wrote:
> > brother "e" <0@j...@14-6.info> wrote:

> >> Not 2 worry fatheR Hasan asshole, u have none!
> >
> > Chung posts his god-bothering horse shit here because he is a
> > psychopath. what's your excuse?
>
> Born again simple Christian, that has seen the light and has been set free.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for HIS compelling
you to boldly witness to a demon.

Laus Deo ! ! !

> Creation and Its Purpose

Amen and amen ! ! !

Laus Deo ! ! !

Marana tha ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Kurt Gavin

Mar 16, 2007, 8:38:43 PM3/16/07
Tell us how you know people are "convicted" by some "holy spirit".

And don't chant - discuss it like an adult.

I don't think you have the courage to even try answering this question.

Here's another question for chunkers and his little Jesus friends:

If there is a God, wouldn't he more likely respect people who used their
God-given brains and had honest skepticism based on lack of evidence,

ubiquitous contradictions, and on

the bad acts performed in his name?

Logically, he would seek to punish those
who professed belief in him for selfish reasons of seeking better treatment

in an afterlife and ranting away condemning others -- perhaps he will even
make them the slaves of the more honest and worthy atheist
skeptics.

The Bible is full of various types of tests -- as a ranting Jesus monkey,
the afterlife you can look forward through is probably at the end of a leash
held by an atheist.

Kurt Gavin

Mar 16, 2007, 8:45:12 PM3/16/07

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <love10

<snip>

Tell us how you know people are "convicted" by some "holy spirit".

And don't chant - discuss it like an adult.

I don't think you have the courage to even try answering this question.

Here's another question for chunkers and his little Jesus friends:

If there is a God, wouldn't he more likely respect people who used their
God-given brains and had honest skepticism based on lack of evidence,
ubiquitous contradictions, and on the bad acts performed in his name?

Logically, he would seek to punish those who professed belief in him for
selfish reasons of seeking better treatment

in an afterlife while ranting away condemning others -- perhaps he will even

Pastor Kutchie

Mar 17, 2007, 6:47:07 AM3/17/07
On Mar 17, 12:45 am, "Kurt Gavin" <bugger...@s.com> wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <love10
>
> <snip>
>
> Tell us how you know people are "convicted" by some "holy spirit".

It speaks to him - in tongues, presumably. I wonder if it rolls about
on the floor as well.

> And don't chant - discuss it like an adult.

Ha! Don't hold your breath!

> I don't think you have the courage to even try answering this question.

He doesn't have the brains to understand it.

> Here's another question for chunkers and his little Jesus friends:
>
> If there is a God, wouldn't he more likely respect people who used their
> God-given brains and had honest skepticism based on lack of evidence,
> ubiquitous contradictions, and on the bad acts performed in his name?
>
> Logically, he would seek to punish those who professed belief in him for
> selfish reasons of seeking better treatment
> in an afterlife while ranting away condemning others -- perhaps he will even
> make them the slaves of the more honest and worthy atheist
> skeptics.
>
> The Bible is full of various types of tests -- as a ranting Jesus monkey,
> the afterlife you can look forward through is probably at the end of a leash
> held by an atheist.

Gimme! It is a choke chain, isn't it?

Suzanne

Mar 17, 2007, 4:22:32 PM3/17/07

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com> wrote in message
Thank you Andrew. You certainly are a specialist
in matters of the heart. The Lord be with you.

Suzanne

Suzanne

Mar 17, 2007, 4:22:33 PM3/17/07

"Kurt Gavin" <bugg...@s.com> wrote in message
There have been other such "tests" made and
the results were found to be quite different
from what you report. Yet, you have chosen
to believe the one report that you know about
because it suits what you want to believe. What
I was talking about had nothing to do with
tangible results, and you seem to have missed
that. Besides that, there are infinite numbers
....many testimonies of people who tell you
that they have received direction, instruction,
peace, and wisdom from the Lord.

I may surprise you by telling you this, but I
would not want you just to believe what I
am telling you, just because I am telling it
to you to be the truth. Ideally, I would want
for you to discover him speaking to you
inwardly and that you would feel his
presence beckoning you to trust him with
your salvation and your life. It's not a matter
of what seems logical to you, it's a matter
of finding out that he reaches us in our
heart and reveals himself to us by his call
to us to trust him as Savior and Lord.

Thank you for at least reading what I wrote.
I think that if you read what I wrote again,
you would see that your answer does not
cover what I wrote because you are still
talking about what is tangible and not
hearing what I said about him reaching a
person inwardly through their spirit. While
I can tell you something, the Holy Spirit
only can reach you about what I said to you,
and I turn that over to him. God bless you.

Suzanne

Suzanne

Mar 17, 2007, 4:33:25 PM3/17/07

"Father Haskell" <father...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I can't think of better proof than that when
a Christian speaks, here comes the adversary,
complete with vulgar words with which to
snatch someone from the very jaws of life.

Suzanne

^^^ Sword of Gideon

Mar 17, 2007, 4:35:18 PM3/17/07

"Suzanne" <shi...@flash.net> wrote in message

<snipped>

Oh my,

I almost missed this nugget,

pure gold I think.

>that he reaches us in our
> heart and reveals himself to us by his call
> to us to trust him as Savior and Lord.

~~~Sog

[Here's the org. post below]

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 17, 2007, 4:46:44 PM3/17/07
> Thank you Andrew.

You are welcome, Suzanne :-)

Would redirect your thanks and praises to our heavenly Father, from
Whom all blessings flow so that we will both be blessed.

> You certainly are a specialist
> in matters of the heart.

The glory belongs to GOD, Who created and shaped us.

> The Lord be with you.

HIS side is the right side. May HE continue to help us not stray from
HIS side :-)

Most assuredly, without doubt, I know HIM to be kind, just, and right.

Marana tha

Art Deco

Mar 17, 2007, 4:47:06 PM3/17/07
Suzanne <shi...@flash.net> wrote:

>I can't think of better proof than that when
>a Christian speaks, here comes the adversary,
>complete with vulgar words with which to
>snatch someone from the very jaws of life.
>>
>Suzanne

Andrew Chung is not a Christian.

"To err is human, to cover it up is Weasel" -- Dogbert

Pastor Kutchie

Mar 17, 2007, 8:50:49 PM3/17/07
On Mar 17, 12:36 am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com>
wrote:

> brother e wrote:
> > satan via a sockpuppet (demon) wrote:

> > > Chung posts his god-bothering horse shit here because he is a
> > > psychopath. what's your excuse?
>
> > Born again simple Christian, that has seen the light and has been set free.
>
> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for HIS compelling
> you to boldly witness to a demon.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that I slapped the fucker down, and he
has not returned to the discussion.

Smiler

Mar 17, 2007, 9:29:35 PM3/17/07

"Suzanne" <shi...@flash.net> wrote in message

Please tell us when and where an amputee's limb grew back through prayer?
Verifiable evidence only, please, not hearsay.

Smiler,
The godless one

Suzanne

Apr 1, 2007, 3:16:23 AM4/1/07

"Smiler" <Smi...@Joe.King.com> wrote in message
What does an amputee's limb growing back have
to do with the Holy Spirit's ability to reach someone
in their heart, mind, or spirit?

Suzanne

Suzanne

Apr 1, 2007, 3:28:07 AM4/1/07

"Pastor Kutchie" <use...@heathens.org.uk> wrote in message
You haven't slapped anyone down. You've
succeeded in talking like a bully and your
choice of vocabulary reveals who you
are, or who you wish to appear to be.

Suzanne

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Apr 1, 2007, 5:14:10 AM4/1/07
sister Suzanne wrote:
> satan via a sockpuppet (demon) wrote:

Through you, our LORD has indeed rebuked satan.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for compelling you
to boldly witness here.

May GOD continue to heal our hearts with HIS living water so that we

can love our neighbors a little more and LORD Jesus Christ infinitely

more, dear sister Suzanne whom I love unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Jesus' ever-lasting love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://EmoryCardiology.com

May HIS immortal brethren pray for our dying mortal friends and
neighbors:
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

Especially dear Bob(this one) Pastorio:
http://pics.livejournal.com/bobs_amanuensis/pic/0000z24f/g1

Smiler

Apr 1, 2007, 8:43:31 PM4/1/07

"Suzanne" <shi...@flash.net> wrote in message

If you can tell us when and where that happened, we might believe that
prayer actually works.
But, as is usual for xtians, you ducked the question.

Smiler,
The godless one

gud...@yahoo.com

Apr 3, 2007, 6:43:21 AM4/3/07
On 17 Mar., 22:33, "Suzanne" <shil...@flash.net> wrote:
> "Father Haskell" <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

How does a negative reaction prove your assertions to be true?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Apr 3, 2007, 7:04:19 AM4/3/07
gudl...@yahoo.com wrote:

> sister "Suzanne" <shil...@flash.net> wrote:

Scientific method:

(1) Observe the uncivil behavior of those who would oppose the
teachings of LORD Jesus Christ.

(2) Hypothesize that this would occur whenever these anti-christians
encounter HIS brethren.

(3) Create Christian usenet newsgroups for the purpose of testing (2)
with the prediction that anti-christians would rage uncontrollably in
these Christian forums.

(4) Note that the prediction has been fulfilled ad infinitum without
exception. Hypothesis described in (2) is now the Spiritual Law of 2
Thessalonians 2.

Laus Deo ! ! !

May GOD bless you in HIS mighty way.

Prayerfully in Jesus' ever-lasting love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://EmoryCardiology.com

May HIS immortal brethren pray for our dying mortal friends and
neighbors:
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

In memory of our dearly departed Bob(this one) Pastorio:
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Bob

Condemned and Stricken Flying Rat

Apr 3, 2007, 7:13:23 AM4/3/07
In article <1175598259....@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, love4
@thetruth.com says...

> (1) Observe the uncivil behavior of those who would oppose the
> teachings of LORD Jesus Christ.

Like this?

Andrew Chung:

Is a frequent and proven liar (evidence archived forever on Google)

Has lost numerous NNTP accounts with supernews and others, has had many
Google accounts nuked, and his vanity domain heartmdphd.com is now
banned from setting up accounts. He is instead using multiple Google
sock accounts and email addresses in the format love#@thetruth.com (#
being a number)

Is unemployed after being sacked with cause from his one and only job
after just over 80 days

Fled the state of Florida, and now claims to practice in Georgia despite
having no admission priveliges in the State's hospitals

Runs a phony foundation with a total declared income of circa $200, the
ownership and contact details of which are obfuscated on its website

Makes failed prophecies concerning earthquakes with areas and dates,
which don't happen (remember the bible quotes about false prophets)

Performed a public attempt at 'exorcising' a Malaysian sock on usenet,
then denied doing it. He has recently reversed position again and admits
to practicing exorcism by usenet, proving himself a liar in the process.

Promotes a dangerous diet, with a million dollar guarantee that he
demands thirty dollars to access details of. This despite being
unemployed. His soliciting and spamming for donations looks to be
similar to the Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud, where victims pay money
upfront in the hope of coming into riches but find they have merely
bought into a lie. Part of his advice is to pour nail polish remover onto food.

Declares he has a cardiology practice despite posting night and day from
the same IP address (his home presumably) or a coffee shop internet cafe

Makes further false prophecies that we should now be all dying in a bird
flu pandemic. When these fail to happen, he does them all over again and
changes the dates. Nuclear war is another Chung spciality, which
naturally doesn't happen when he says it is going to.

Worships evil hatemonger Fred Phelps and will not denounce the acts of
Westboro's congregation. He even accuses someone with the name Phelps of
being Fred's son and refuses to accept he is completely wrong.

Uses the same patter as Pat Robertson, indicating his religious activity
is confined to watching cable TV. No evidence Chung has ever attended a
church.

Has a tendency to cyberstalk, particularly women. His wife fled some
time ago to another state, an act which Chung tries to pass of as "being
on vacation".

Frequently passes himself off as being qualified in areas such as
endocrinology, despite making incredibly fundamental blunders in his
'advice'. It is no wonder the Florida heart facility terminated him, and
has publicly denounced his version of events. Again archived on Google.

Don't forget the fake fast, where he didn't lose any weight, as well as
the infamous 666 stamping fiasco.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Apr 3, 2007, 7:34:52 AM4/3/07

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Proof

> Like this?
>
> Andrew Chung:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/FR

Suggested reading:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Frank

Laus Deo ! ! !

May GOD bless you in HIS tremendously mighty way.

Condemned and Stricken Flying Rat

Apr 3, 2007, 8:48:09 AM4/3/07
> (3) Create Christian usenet newsgroups for the purpose of testing (2)
> with the prediction that anti-christians would rage uncontrollably in
> these Christian forums.

such as Chung himself, the phony Christian that does not attend a
church. Seems he gets all sweaty and hysterical at the door, and they
have banned him anyway. Let's recap, shall we?

Gospel Bretts

Apr 3, 2007, 10:20:12 PM4/3/07
On 3 Apr 2007 04:04:19 -0700, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<lo...@thetruth.com> wrote:

>Scientific method:
>
>(1) Observe the uncivil behavior of those who would oppose the
>teachings of LORD Jesus Christ.
>
>(2) Hypothesize that this would occur whenever these anti-christians
>encounter HIS brethren.
>
>(3) Create Christian usenet newsgroups for the purpose of testing (2)
>with the prediction that anti-christians would rage uncontrollably in
>these Christian forums.
>
>(4) Note that the prediction has been fulfilled ad infinitum without
>exception. Hypothesis described in (2) is now the Spiritual Law of 2
>Thessalonians 2.

Well, I don't grant you the validity of (1), but that's beside the
point. Even if you did prove your hypothesis, it would still say
nothing regarding the veracity of your xian beliefs.

Gospel Bretts
a.a. atheist #2262
Fundy Xian Atheist

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD