"Christianity is not a religion." ---Andrew B. Chung

The Lord, pt. II

Aug 15, 2006, 12:47:31 AM8/15/06
From: Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD - view profile
Date: Tues, Aug 15 2006 12:40 am
Email: "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com>
Groups: sci.med.cardiology, alt.atheism, alt.christnet.christianlife,
alt.christnet.evangelical

>Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
>> "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
>> false, and by the rulers as useful." --- Seneca the Younger

>Thankfully, Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with the risen Christ Jesus.

Please elaborate. (This should be stunning...)

Pastor Kutchie

Aug 15, 2006, 12:55:08 AM8/15/06

Not really. It's boilerplate Born-again propaganda. For once this is
not one of Earthquack's homespun mantras, they all say it. They also
say that anyone who is not Born-again(tm) is not a Christian - cue
bagpipes and bring on the haggis.

The Lord, pt. II

Aug 15, 2006, 1:02:18 AM8/15/06
Pastor Kutchie wrote:
> They also say that anyone who is not Born-again(tm) is not a Christian ...

Yeahh - but Quacky's trying to imply that he's "Born-again(tm)", yet
NOT a christian. He's flipping off the rails of his own convoluted
dementia.

Wait for it...

"Born right the first time" --- bumper sticker

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 15, 2006, 6:49:43 AM8/15/06
Nymshifting neighbor wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
> >Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
> >
> >> "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
> >> false, and by the rulers as useful." --- Seneca the Younger
>
> >Thankfully, Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with the risen Christ Jesus.
>
> Please elaborate. (This should be stunning...)

A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
is a citizen of the United States.

Just as being American is not a religion, so too being Christian is not
a religion.

Truth is simple.

Truth is absolute.

Truth is invincible.

Those with discerning hearts know that what I have written could have
come only from the Holy Spirit.

Amen !

Laus Deo !

Marana tha !

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 15, 2006, 8:57:05 AM8/15/06
On 15 Aug 2006 03:49:43 -0700,
in article <1155638983.9...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
>is a citizen of the United States.
>
>Just as being American is not a religion, so too being Christian is not
>a religion.

...practicing your faith, however, is:

Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is
this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to
keep himself unspotted from the world.

>Truth is simple.
>
>Truth is absolute.
>
>Truth is invincible.

Truth is God's word (Jn. 17:17).

>Those with discerning hearts know that what I have written could have
>come only from the Holy Spirit.

People should not agree that your doctrine comes from God because you
say so, but because they have searched he Scriptures to see whether it
is so (Acts 17:11). A simple Bible reference, if compared to what you
are saying, will automatically demonstrate whether your doctrine comes
from the Spirit of God or not.

In the case above, the citizenship doctrine comes from such passages
as Philippians 3 and Colossians 1. You need to spend more time
studying the Bible, and less time claiming to have Spiritual
discernment.

Christ died for our sins, and God raised Him from the dead.
Rely on this finished work alone for salvation (1 Cor. 15:1-3;
Eph. 2:8-10).
• Daily devotionals
• Bible questions and answers
• Community forum
• Live chatting
• Free at www.pulpitfire.org

R. Pierce Butler

Aug 15, 2006, 9:03:24 AM8/15/06
www.pulpitfire.org <pulpi...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On 15 Aug 2006 03:49:43 -0700,
> in article <1155638983.9...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>
>>A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
>>is a citizen of the United States.

I love it when Christians start re-defining words. It is as bad as a
revisionist.

Main Entry: re·li·gion
Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Anglo-French religiun, Latin
religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice,
perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) :
the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or
devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes,
beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
- re·li·gion·less adjective

Yup,

Christianity is a religion alright.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 15, 2006, 10:09:38 AM8/15/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2006 03:49:43 -0700,
> in article <1155638983.9...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>
> >A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
> >is a citizen of the United States.
> >
> >Just as being American is not a religion, so too being Christian is not
> >a religion.
>
> ...practicing your faith, however, is:
>
> Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is
> this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to
> keep himself unspotted from the world.

You would let the computer guide you instead of the Holy Spirit
concerning the written word of GOD.

Do you not know that the Holy Spirit is the Great Counselor ?

Here is what the Holy Spirit would guide me to write:

"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight
rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.
Religion that GOD our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself
from being polluted by the world." (James 1:26-27)

Thankfully Christianity is not a religion. However, we can look
critically at the various religions of the world and see that GOD our
Father will judge them all to be worthless and accept none of them.
The only One Person who has kept and continues to keep Himself from
being polluted by the world is LORD Jesus Christ, and HE was slain
unjustly without any member of any religion raising a hand to stop it
from happening.

> >Truth is simple.
> >
> >Truth is absolute.
> >
> >Truth is invincible.
>
> Truth is God's word (Jn. 17:17).

Truth is the **living** Word of GOD.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life... " -- LORD Jesus Christ.

There is only one truth and HE is our LORD and not ink on a page.

> >Those with discerning hearts know that what I have written could have
> >come only from the Holy Spirit.
>
> People should not agree that your doctrine comes from God because you
> say so, but because they have searched he Scriptures to see whether it
> is so (Acts 17:11).

Without the Holy Spirit, all searching and studying of the ink on a
page is in vain (Ecclesiastes).

> A simple Bible reference, if compared to what you
> are saying, will automatically demonstrate whether your doctrine comes
> from the Spirit of God or not.

Not for those without discerning hearts.

> In the case above, the citizenship doctrine comes from such passages
> as Philippians 3 and Colossians 1. You need to spend more time
> studying the Bible, and less time claiming to have Spiritual
> discernment.

Without the Holy Spirit, no amount of studying will help you discern
anything. This should be obvious to the most casual observer here.

Now please put away **your** sword.

"Those who live by the sword will die by the sword." -- LORD Jesus
Christ

May GOD help you with your needs, dear brother Randy whom I love.

R. Pierce Butler

Aug 15, 2006, 10:47:24 AM8/15/06
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in

> You would let the computer guide you instead of the Holy Spirit
> concerning the written word of GOD.

YES!!! The "Written Word of God" promotes bigotry, hatred, superstition and
murder. I cannot and will not condone those acts or hatred and violence.

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 15, 2006, 10:54:52 AM8/15/06
On 15 Aug 2006 07:09:38 -0700,
in article <1155650978.6...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
>> On 15 Aug 2006 03:49:43 -0700,
>> in article <1155638983.9...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
>> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>>
>> >A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
>> >is a citizen of the United States.
>> >
>> >Just as being American is not a religion, so too being Christian is not
>> >a religion.
>>
>> ...practicing your faith, however, is:
>>
>> Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is
>> this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to
>> keep himself unspotted from the world.

>You would let the computer guide you instead of the Holy Spirit
>concerning the written word of GOD.

>Do you not know that the Holy Spirit is the Great Counselor ?
>
>Here is what the Holy Spirit would guide me to write:

If you cannot demonstrate your claims from Scripture, then they carry
no authority whatsoever, and no noble person will agree they are so
(Acts 17:11).

>"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight
>rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.
>Religion that GOD our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
>look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself
>from being polluted by the world." (James 1:26-27)

And now you quote the same verse I already quoted. This supports
exactly what I said, which is that the practice of your faith is
religion. You have neither made, nor pointed to a distinction.

>> >Truth is invincible.
>>
>> Truth is God's word (Jn. 17:17).
>
>Truth is the **living** Word of GOD.

And by what authority do you know about the living word of God? Only
by the authority of the written word of God. It is not noble to agree
that your theology is true, unless you can demonstrate it from the
Bible (Acts 17:11).

>"I am the way, the truth, and the life... " -- LORD Jesus Christ.
>
>There is only one truth and HE is our LORD and not ink on a page.

And what authority did the Lord appeal to, when being tested on
matters of faith and practice? Again and again, He, and the NT
writers say "it is written":

Mt 2:5; And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it
is written by the prophet,
Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by
bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of
God.
Mt 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt
the Lord thy God.
Mt 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is
written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou
serve.
Mt 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my
messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mt 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called
the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Mt 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto
that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that
man if he had not been born.
Mt 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because
of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and
the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
Mr 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger
before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of
you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their
lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mr 9:12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and
restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he
must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
Mr 9:13 But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have
done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.
Mr 14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but
woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for
that man if he had never been born.
Mr 14:27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because
of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and
the sheep shall be scattered.
Lu 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that
openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)
Lu 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the
prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye
the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Lu 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall
not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
Lu 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me,
Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him
only shalt thou serve.
Lu 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee,
to keep thee:
Lu 7:27 This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my
messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Lu 19:46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of
prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Lu 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved
Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Joh 6:31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written,
He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught
of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the
Father, cometh unto me.
Joh 12:14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as
it is written,
Ac 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation
be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let
another take.
Ac 7:42 Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of
heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of
Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space
of forty years in the wilderness?
Ac 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is
written,
Ac 23:5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high
priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of
thy people.
Ro 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Ro 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through
you, as it is written.
Ro 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it
is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and
mightest overcome when thou art judged.
Ro 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Ro 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many
nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the
dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
Ro 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day
long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Ro 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Ro 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and
rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Ro 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is
written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of
peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Ro 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit
of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should
not hear;) unto this day.
Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There
shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness
from Jacob:
Ro 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place
unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith
the Lord.
Ro 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee
shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Ro 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written,
The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
Ro 15:9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it
is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles,
and sing unto thy name.
Ro 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they
shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him
glory in the Lord.
1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,
neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath
prepared for them that love him.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it
is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1Co 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle
the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for
oxen?
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is
written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and
other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will
they not hear me, saith the Lord.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living
soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
2Co 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is
written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and
therefore speak;
2Co 8:15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing
over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.
2Co 9:9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to
the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the
curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in
all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Ga 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made
a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on
a tree:
Ga 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a
bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Ga 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not;
break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath
many more children than she which hath an husband.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is
written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

>> >Those with discerning hearts know that what I have written could have
>> >come only from the Holy Spirit.
>>
>> People should not agree that your doctrine comes from God because you

>> say so, but because they have searched the Scriptures to see whether it

>> is so (Acts 17:11).
>
>Without the Holy Spirit, all searching and studying of the ink on a
>page is in vain (Ecclesiastes).

No noble person will agree with your words until they verify them from
the written word of God (Acts 17:11).

>> A simple Bible reference, if compared to what you
>> are saying, will automatically demonstrate whether your doctrine comes
>> from the Spirit of God or not.
>
>Not for those without discerning hearts.

ibid.

>> In the case above, the citizenship doctrine comes from such passages
>> as Philippians 3 and Colossians 1. You need to spend more time
>> studying the Bible, and less time claiming to have Spiritual
>> discernment.

>Without the Holy Spirit, no amount of studying will help you discern
>anything. This should be obvious to the most casual observer here.

ibid.

>Now please put away **your** sword.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the
Spirit, which is the word of God:

>"Those who live by the sword will die by the sword." -- LORD Jesus
>Christ

And those who do not take the sword of the Spirit [which is the word
of God], are walking in the strength of their flesh:

Ephesians 6
10 ¶ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of
his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of
this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be
able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and
having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able
to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God:

Kurt Gavin

Aug 15, 2006, 12:36:30 PM8/15/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
>> Andrew wrote:

>> >Thankfully, Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with the
>> >risen Christ Jesus.
>>
>> Please elaborate. (This should be stunning...)
>
> A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
> is a citizen of the United States.

And here we are again, back to the issue of treason.

You and the other fundies have more loyalty to your ignorant fantasies than
you do to your country.

> Just as being American is not a religion, so too being Christian is not
> a religion.

A totally stupid comparison

> Truth is simple.

You are a deluded fool with mental problems.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 15, 2006, 12:39:33 PM8/15/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> You would let the computer guide you instead of the Holy Spirit
> concerning the written word of GOD.

Whatever people let guide them, it should be REAL, not mythological
supernatural beings, or delusions and "voices".

Tak_a#344

Aug 15, 2006, 12:49:48 PM8/15/06
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:57:05 -0500, www.pulpitfire.org
<pulpi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Truth is God's word (Jn. 17:17).

"Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a
wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD. Are you sure your circuits
are functioning correctly? Your ears are green."

Respondant

Aug 15, 2006, 12:59:46 PM8/15/06
Kurt Gavin wrote:

Not only that but;

When did a god (pick a god, any god) ever put hammer to chisel or pen to
paper and "write" *anything*?

There is no such thing as, "the written word of god".

Everything that's been written on the subject of *any* god, has been written
by man.

Most likely while consuming opiates in one form or another. IMO

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 15, 2006, 2:10:02 PM8/15/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2006 07:09:38 -0700,
> in article <1155650978.6...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
> >www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> >> On 15 Aug 2006 03:49:43 -0700,
> >> in article <1155638983.9...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,

> >> ...practicing your faith, however, is:
> >>
> >> Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is
> >> this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to
> >> keep himself unspotted from the world.
>
> >You would let the computer guide you instead of the Holy Spirit
> >concerning the written word of GOD.
>
> >Do you not know that the Holy Spirit is the Great Counselor ?

Well ?

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear brother Randy.

Uncle Vic

Aug 15, 2006, 2:51:43 PM8/15/06
Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
(nosp...@heartmdphd.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

> You would let the computer guide you instead of the Holy Spirit
> concerning the written word of GOD.

Ghosty's had his chance. As far as I can tell, there is no "holy spirit",
or any other gods.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Robibnikoff

Aug 15, 2006, 3:58:46 PM8/15/06

"Tak_a#344" <n...@anadressyouass.com> wrote in message

Don't DO that! I almost blew my nose on my keyboard. Wheeewww! ;)
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 15, 2006, 4:31:55 PM8/15/06
On 15 Aug 2006 11:10:02 -0700,
in article <1155665402....@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
>> On 15 Aug 2006 07:09:38 -0700,
>> in article <1155650978.6...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

>> >You would let the computer guide you instead of the Holy Spirit
>> >concerning the written word of GOD.
>>
>> >Do you not know that the Holy Spirit is the Great Counselor ?

>Well ?

Why do you pretend as if I didn't already answer this question, by
snipping my response to it. This is not an honest tactic. You are
the one who is running from the response which I have already given,
and misrepresenting it as if I have failed to respond:

Here is what you cut out of the last post, without responding to it,
while you try to convey the impression that I am the one who is not
responding to what you have said:
______________________________________

>Do you not know that the Holy Spirit is the Great Counselor ?

ibid.

ibid.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 15, 2006, 7:22:26 PM8/15/06

Ok. I will look for your answer again.

> This is not an honest tactic.

It remains my choice to continue writing truthfully.

> You are
> the one who is running from the response which I have already given,
> and misrepresenting it as if I have failed to respond:

It would be again your choice to bear false witness.

> Here is what you cut out of the last post, without responding to it,
> while you try to convey the impression that I am the one who is not
> responding to what you have said:
> ______________________________________
>
> >Do you not know that the Holy Spirit is the Great Counselor ?

Where is your answer ?

> >Here is what the Holy Spirit would guide me to write:

Something seems to be missing here.

> If you cannot demonstrate your claims from Scripture, then they carry
> no authority whatsoever, and no noble person will agree they are so
> (Acts 17:11).

What are you referring to ?

> >"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight
> >rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.
> >Religion that GOD our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
> >look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself
> >from being polluted by the world." (James 1:26-27)

Isn't this Scripture ?

> And now you quote the same verse I already quoted.

In truth, what the Holy Spirit led me to quote are two verses to show
that you omitted a verse that was important to the meaning of the one
verse that you quoted.

Fwiw, I don't consider myself religious, so what you quote does not
even apply to me.

The shape that GOD has given me is that of a cardiologist afterall.

Laus Deo !

> This supports
> exactly what I said, which is that the practice of your faith is
> religion.

Perhaps, if I considered myself to be religious.

I don't. See above and see the Subject line for proof.

> You have neither made, nor pointed to a distinction.

It remains my choice to continue writing truthfully.

Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with the risen LORD
Jesus Christ.

> >> Truth is God's word (Jn. 17:17).
> >
> >Truth is the **living** Word of GOD.
>
> And by what authority do you know about the living word of God?

When HE saved me from the first death on 02/03/1997, WE personally met.

However, this would not have happened had HE not saved me when I chose
to place my faith in HIM as my LORD and Savior many years beforehand.
The Holy Bible served simply as a roadmap for me to familiarize myself
with the route that HE has led me to take through my life in Our walk
together.

HE has given me the knowledge that Our walk together will determine
where HE will place me in HIS eternal kingdom in the future when there
will be a new heaven, new earth, and new Jerusalem.

Laus Deo !

Marana tha !

> Only by the authority of the written word of God.

Again, ink on paper, pixels on screen do not have HIS authority unless
the the Holy Spirit is present.

The minions of satan quote the written word of GOD sometimes more often
than many of our brethren but they lack HIS authority.

> It is not noble to agree
> that your theology is true, unless you can demonstrate it from the
> Bible (Acts 17:11).

Our LORD's purpose for me here remains to inform and not to convince.

If you wish to be judged noble per Acts 17:11, you may certainly
examine the Scriptures to see that I continue to write truthfully.

> >"I am the way, the truth, and the life... " -- LORD Jesus Christ.
> >
> >There is only one truth and HE is our LORD and not ink on a page.
>
> And what authority did the Lord appeal to, when being tested on
> matters of faith and practice?

All authority in heaven and earth has been given to HIM by GOD the
Father and not by ink on paper.

You forget that satan appealed to the same authority in Matthew 4:6.

Did he have it ?

And why not ?

> >> People should not agree that your doctrine comes from God because you
> >> say so, but because they have searched the Scriptures to see whether it
> >> is so (Acts 17:11).
> >
> >Without the Holy Spirit, all searching and studying of the ink on a
> >page is in vain (Ecclesiastes).
>
> No noble person will agree with your words until they verify them from
> the written word of God (Acts 17:11).

Again, if you wish to be judged noble by others by the measure of Act
17:11, you may certainly find that part of Scripture that disavows the
Holy Spirit being our Great Counselor to support your false witness
that I am not writing truthfully in the Holy Spirit.

> >> A simple Bible reference, if compared to what you
> >> are saying, will automatically demonstrate whether your doctrine comes
> >> from the Spirit of God or not.
> >
> >Not for those without discerning hearts.
>
> ibid.

See above.

> >> In the case above, the citizenship doctrine comes from such passages
> >> as Philippians 3 and Colossians 1. You need to spend more time
> >> studying the Bible, and less time claiming to have Spiritual
> >> discernment.
>
> >Without the Holy Spirit, no amount of studying will help you discern
> >anything. This should be obvious to the most casual observer here.
>
> ibid.

See above.

> >Now please put away **your** sword.
>
> Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the
> Spirit, which is the word of God:
>
> >"Those who live by the sword will die by the sword." -- LORD Jesus
> >Christ
>
> And those who do not take the sword of the Spirit [which is the word
> of God], are walking in the strength of their flesh:
>
> Ephesians 6
> 10 ¶ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of
> his might.
> 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
> against the wiles of the devil.
> 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
> principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of
> this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
> 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be
> able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
> 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and
> having on the breastplate of righteousness;
> 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
> 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able
> to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
> 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
> which is the word of God:

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers
and requests.

Again, you avoid those verses that reveal the true meaning of what you
quote.

This does not bode well for where you are in your life.

Though we are to take and carry the sword of the Holy Spirit, it is not
our place to use it to harm others. Indeed, LORD Jesus Christ had
instructed Peter to carry the very sword he would later use to inflict
harm on another in the Garden of Gethsemane and then rebuked him for
using the same sword as a swordsman would.

Bottomline:

As HIS sheep, some of us are called upon to be HIS swordbearers but
never HIS swordsmen. HE has legions upon legions of angels for the
latter.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear brother Randy whom I love.

Tak_a#344

Aug 15, 2006, 7:40:36 PM8/15/06
'On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:58:46 -0400, "Robibnikoff"
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:

>"Tak_a#344" <n...@anadressyouass.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:57:05 -0500, www.pulpitfire.org
>> <pulpi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Truth is God's word (Jn. 17:17).
>>
>> "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a
>> wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD. Are you sure your circuits
>> are functioning correctly? Your ears are green."
>
>Don't DO that! I almost blew my nose on my keyboard. Wheeewww! ;)

I'm a fan of "Trek Classic" I admit.

I am jsut getting burned out on gibberish and touhgt if they were
going to spew fictional nonsense then I have better fictional nonsense
to spew back. :)

Tak
a#344

John

Aug 15, 2006, 9:01:35 PM8/15/06
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:36:30 GMT, "Kurt Gavin" <dontb...@ignore.com>
wrote:

>"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message
>> Nymshifting neighbor wrote:

>>> Please elaborate. (This should be stunning...)
>>
>> A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
>> is a citizen of the United States.
>
>And here we are again, back to the issue of treason.
>
>You and the other fundies have more loyalty to your ignorant fantasies than
>you do to your country.

Don't worry Kurt, I wouldn't accuse you of treason just because you're
an atheist. ;-}

Blessings,
John

Respondant

Aug 15, 2006, 9:06:49 PM8/15/06
John wrote:

Ya know what? You god kooks are generally pretty boring, but THAT was
funny.

> Blessings,

Shove yer blessings up yer ass and pray they don't give ya colon cancer, K?

Thanks.

Kali

Aug 15, 2006, 9:42:47 PM8/15/06
In <tfr4e2deublnuavaj...@4ax.com>, John
john9...@aol.com said:
: On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:36:30 GMT, "Kurt Gavin" <dontb...@ignore.com>

I met a neighbor for the first time while walking my dog. One of
the first things he said to me was, "we're Christian." There was
no context to it; just a gratuituous statement. I can only infer
that he intended to say something meaningful, but what exactly a
statement like that is supposed to mean to me is a mystery.

Fair warning to keep my children away from them, or what?

Kali
--
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former
begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.

Respondant

Aug 15, 2006, 9:47:02 PM8/15/06
Kali wrote:

That's easy. The translation is;

"We're better than you."

> Fair warning to keep my children away from them, or what?

Especially if they happen to be catholic, yes.

Stephen Knight

Aug 15, 2006, 10:07:54 PM8/15/06
On 15 Aug 2006 07:09:38 -0700, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

snip

>Here is what the Holy Spirit would guide me to write:

This is such a cop out. How many times have we seen idiots saying,
'god "told" me to say this'.? A sequence of words gets transformed by
a brainwashed moron into a divine, magic moment issued from the Great
Pixie Himself.

Let me add more credence to what I say, some real weight you can't
refute, by intoning the god.

Of course, Satan guided me to say these words.

Christians just don't get how empty and ridicules their programmed
words are to non-believers.

They can't hear our mental, 'Whoa.. WTF....'

Warlord Steve
BAAWA

FreeSpeechStore

Aug 15, 2006, 10:06:58 PM8/15/06
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:49:48 +0000, Tak_a#344 wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:57:05 -0500, www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
>
>>Truth is God's word (Jn. 17:17).
>
> "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a
> wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD. Are you sure your circuits are
> functioning correctly? Your ears are green."

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in
common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the
facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be
one of the facts that needs altering."

Hail Eris!
Not Richard Scoville
Richard M. Scoville is explicitly denied the right to archive any of my
posts, under any of my nyms, on his site, FreeSpeechStore.com
http://tinyurl.com/c222n

FreeSpeechStore

Aug 15, 2006, 10:10:23 PM8/15/06
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:01:35 -0700, John wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:36:30 GMT, "Kurt Gavin" wrote:

>>> A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
>>> is a citizen of the United States.
>>
>>And here we are again, back to the issue of treason.
>>
>>You and the other fundies have more loyalty to your ignorant fantasies
>>than you do to your country.
>
> Don't worry Kurt, I wouldn't accuse you of treason just because you're an
> atheist. ;-}

Oh, you wouldn't have to -- certain individuals in the Bush admin have
already taken care of that for you. Glad I'm Canadian...

Kali

Aug 15, 2006, 10:10:39 PM8/15/06
In <-5adnbZSJ-OF5H_Z...@comcast.com>, Respondant
Respo...@nope.invalid said:

That's pretty much what I thought, thanks. Should people like
that be spared from similar gratuitous "sharing about me"
statements by secular humanists? Maybe I'm just too tolerant.

Respondant

Aug 15, 2006, 10:20:47 PM8/15/06
Kali wrote:

Funny you should mention that, and you can belive this or not. I really
don't care, but it IS true.

About a year ago our neighborhood was being inundated with seventh day
adventists/jahovah' witnesses. The door-to-door types.

Anyway. We both (the wife and I) put up with that for about a week. Told
them nicely that we were not interested, and they went on their merry way
annoying the neighbors at 9AM on Saturday morning.s Long story short? We
got sick of it, and agreed that the next time we saw these bible-thumping
assholes come to the front door we'd both get naked and invite them in.

Haven't been bothered since.

Kali

Aug 15, 2006, 10:54:00 PM8/15/06
In <o4CdnWIwbKydHH_Z...@comcast.com>, Respondant
Respo...@nope.invalid said:
: Kali wrote:
:
: > In <-5adnbZSJ-OF5H_Z...@comcast.com>, Respondant

Excellent. (and believable)

I had them here last Saturday and just said, "no, get out,
thanks".

Respondant

Aug 15, 2006, 11:03:13 PM8/15/06
Kali wrote:

Funny isn't it? We are all created in god's image, yet all the messengers
of god don't wanna see the wife and me, naked.

And Allah? Well let me tell ya... *That* god was really fucking pissed that
the wife wasn't wearing a burka when we answered the door.

Still waiting on word from buddah and the rest as to what they thought about
the incident.

I'll keep ya posted

Kali

Aug 15, 2006, 11:22:47 PM8/15/06
In <XIOdnfC0HMFvF3_Z...@comcast.com>, Respondant
Respo...@nope.invalid said:
: Kali wrote:
:
: > In <o4CdnWIwbKydHH_Z...@comcast.com>, Respondant

Kali and Shiva approve. Carry on.

John

Aug 15, 2006, 11:32:18 PM8/15/06

No, you fool, it's just a secret code Christians use to recognise each
other. If you're not one, then you obviously don't know how to
respond appropriately, so just don't say anything. They'll know what
that means. Or just say "whatever". If you were Christian you'd give
the counter-sign "whosoever". (Hint: John 3:16)

Blessings,
John

Respondant

Aug 15, 2006, 11:41:02 PM8/15/06
John wrote:

Thank buddah.

> so just don't say anything. They'll know what
> that means.

How will "they" discern what saying nothing means? Will allah tell them?

> Or just say "whatever". If you were Christian you'd give
> the counter-sign "whosoever". (Hint: John 3:16)

John? Is that you, John? How are Matthew, Mark, and Luke getting along
these days? Oh. And let's not foget Abraham and Martin.

> Blessings,

Shove'em up yer ass, thanks.

The Lord, pt. II

Aug 15, 2006, 11:53:50 PM8/15/06
Respondant wrote:
> John? Is that you, John? How are Matthew, Mark, and Luke getting along
> these days? Oh. And let's not foget Abraham and Martin.

Hey! He's THAT John?!

Yo John - you tell your piece of shit brother James I want that talent
of gold he conned me out of last year. Enough's enough.

Respondant

Aug 15, 2006, 11:56:30 PM8/15/06
The Lord, pt. II wrote:

> Respondant wrote:

>> John? Is that you, John? How are Matthew, Mark, and Luke getting
>> along these days? Oh. And let's not foget Abraham and Martin.
>
> Hey! He's THAT John?!

FUCKIN'-A! he is.

> Yo John - you tell your piece of shit brother James I want that talent
> of gold he conned me out of last year. Enough's enough.

Go get 'im!

The Doctor

Aug 16, 2006, 12:02:04 AM8/16/06
It is suppose to be a relationship with God/Christ.
--
Member - Liberal International
This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca

panam...@hotmail.com

Aug 16, 2006, 12:14:39 AM8/16/06

The Doctor wrote:
> It is suppose to be a relationship with God/Christ.

You are presupposing such things exist. The best historical and
archaeological research of the last one hundred years points to one
conclusion. If there is a god, it ain't the god of Abraham-or any of
its varients.

http://www.rense.com/general18/bible.htm
http://www.jesuspuzzle.com/
http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/jesusrefutation.html
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/
http://debate.org.uk/topics/isamasih/apr99/archeo.htm

-Panama Floyd, Atl.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
EAC Martian Commander
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Respondant

Aug 16, 2006, 12:14:51 AM8/16/06
I wrote:

Almost forgot. Remember to tell him there won't be (however-many) virgins
in "heaven".

There is no heaven, and there is no hell. Simple as that.

Dead is fucking dead. And no matter how much one might wish it was
something else, dead is *still* fucking dead.

Dead is non-existance.

One simply ceases to be.

Much like one never *was,* until the sperm met the egg.

Why can't people just deal with that and move along?

Why must they fool themselves into thinking there is some kind of
after-life?

How fucking stupid can ya be?

FreeSpeechStore

Aug 16, 2006, 2:14:18 AM8/16/06
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 04:02:04 +0000, The Doctor wrote:

> It is suppose to be a relationship with God/Christ.

Possibly, Yads, but it isn't. It's a religion based on a pack of lies
and fairy tales.

Nosterill

Aug 16, 2006, 4:41:10 AM8/16/06

My usual response in the face of that kind of thing is a sympathetic
"Oh, well: No one's perfect."

panam...@hotmail.com

Aug 16, 2006, 4:59:28 AM8/16/06

That's funny-I think I'll steal it, bein' uh immoral atheist an' all.
But Kali makes a good point. When I talk about this stuff to my friends
who aren't American, they always I suggest that I simply avoid the
subject, and that I'm blowing the whole problem out of proportion. They
actually have to spend some time over here before they can comprehend
how difficult it can be to do that sometimes.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 16, 2006, 5:07:41 AM8/16/06
Nosterill wrote:
> Kali wrote:
> > John wrote:

"LORD Jesus Christ is perfect." -- Holy Spirit.

Amen !

Laus Deo !

Marana tha !

"LORD of lords and KING of kings." (Revelation 19:16)

HIS brethren are simply passing through this world in preparation for
what will be perfect and everlasting.

They will know us by the love we have for everyone including our
enemies.

Every knee and every head will bow to our LORD.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor.

Pastor Kutchie

Aug 16, 2006, 10:08:20 AM8/16/06

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> "LORD of lords and KING of kings." (Revelation 19:16)

Good old Revelation, wraps up the whole Yahweh story with a set of
demented rantings. Whoever wrote that stuff had been on the mushrooms.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 16, 2006, 11:08:55 AM8/16/06

"John" <john9...@aol.com> wrote in message

Atheists don't claim their "view" of things to be an institution that claims
their loyalty in a way that supercedes their country. They're much more
loyal and trustworthy than religious nuts who may go off in whatever
direction their fantasies and mass hysteria take them.

Some of the founders were probably atheists, or close to it.

Islam is full of religious idiots who give religious fantasies more
importance than their countries and concepts of modern institutions like
democracy and secular law --- that's why they are so backward and easily
defeated.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 16, 2006, 11:12:44 AM8/16/06

Sorry the truth bothers you so terribly. Please forgive all my
iniquities.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 16, 2006, 11:24:56 AM8/16/06

"John" <john9...@aol.com> wrote in message

The correct response: if you're Protestant, is "Jim and Tami". If you're
Catholic: "blesssed is church protected homosexual pedophilia". If you're
Islamic: "may your suicide vest not go off prematurely".

Kurt Gavin

Aug 16, 2006, 11:26:53 AM8/16/06

"Nosterill" <flad...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> I met a neighbor for the first time while walking my dog. One of
>> the first things he said to me was, "we're Christian." There was
>> no context to it; just a gratuituous statement. I can only infer
>> that he intended to say something meaningful, but what exactly a
>> statement like that is supposed to mean to me is a mystery.
>
> My usual response in the face of that kind of thing is a sympathetic
> "Oh, well: No one's perfect."

How about: so your responsible for that stupid asshole we have in the White
House?

Kurt Gavin

Aug 16, 2006, 11:29:03 AM8/16/06

>> My usual response in the face of that kind of thing is a sympathetic
>> "Oh, well: No one's perfect."
>
> "LORD Jesus Christ is perfect." -- Holy Spirit.

You are condemned by Yahweh for worshipping false gods and idols. Read the
Commandments, moron.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 16, 2006, 11:31:29 AM8/16/06

> Atheist neighbor wrote:
>> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>>
>> > "LORD of lords and KING of kings." (Revelation 19:16)
>>
>> Good old Revelation, wraps up the whole Yahweh story with a set of
>> demented rantings. Whoever wrote that stuff had been on the mushrooms.
>
> Sorry the truth bothers you so terribly. Please forgive all my
> iniquities.

The truth doesn't bother people, Andrew.

It's claiming authority based on absurd myths and fantasy beings - that
creates anger.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 16, 2006, 11:38:07 AM8/16/06
Kurt Gavin wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> >> Good old Revelation, wraps up the whole Yahweh story with a set of
> >> demented rantings. Whoever wrote that stuff had been on the mushrooms.
> >
> > Sorry the truth bothers you so terribly. Please forgive all my
> > iniquities.
>
> The truth doesn't bother people, Andrew.

If this did not bother you, why did you respond ?

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Kurt.

Pastor Kutchie

Aug 16, 2006, 12:53:25 PM8/16/06

Baron Munchausen, MD/PhD wrote:
> Kurt Gavin wrote:
> > "Mike Teavee, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> > > Sorry the truth bothers you so terribly. Please forgive all my
> > > iniquities.
> >
> > The truth doesn't bother people, Andrew.
>
> If this did not bother you, why did you respond ?

Duh! Maybe because it isn't the truth. In fact, if you are asserting
that anything is the truth, it's a fair rule of thumb to assume that it
isn't.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 16, 2006, 1:10:19 PM8/16/06

> Kurt Gavin wrote:
>> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

>> > Sorry the truth bothers you so terribly. Please forgive all my
>> > iniquities.
>>
>> The truth doesn't bother people, Andrew.
>
> If this did not bother you, why did you respond ?

To remind you that you're an irresponsible idiot.

> May GOD heal my mind.

> Delusionally in Christ's hysteria,

> Andrew <><
> --
> Andrew B. Chung

> ex-Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
> http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolyShit

Kurt Gavin

Aug 16, 2006, 1:12:14 PM8/16/06

"Pastor Kutchie" <use...@heathens.org.uk> wrote in message

His intellect decays daily under the influence of his xian fundie fantasies.

Alacrity

Aug 16, 2006, 3:16:20 PM8/16/06

> Those with discerning hearts know that what I have written could have
> come only from the Holy Spirit.

That you exist in the Light, I have no doubt. But your words fall on
the world
like a shadow. You become more apparent by virtue of the scripture you
cite, the truths you fondle with such unfeeling fingers.

That you become transparent, is my prayer for you.
That, in time, you become luminous:)

Alacrity

Lark

Aug 16, 2006, 5:08:54 PM8/16/06

Stephen,

I totally agree with everything you just said, because its from the
Bible. Seriously, it is. The Bible says God chose things that looked
stupid to non-followers to be wisdom.

I have no idea if the so-called Christians on here are or aren't
Christians. I do believe in the Holy Spirit guiding us or even outright
talking to some people, but I NEVER just take that person's word for
it.

If it doesn't jive with Scripture I just don't believe it. I know
non-Christians think Christians are a bunch of Muslim hating, gay
hating President Bush-worshiping sheep, but there are some of us that
actually remember that everyone has free will and that no one, not our
pastor or the president of the US are infallible.

You knew that though. Funny, the Bible says so too. (All have fallen
short of the glory of God)

Maybe the Holy Spirit is revealing more to than you'd like to admit.

So in short, yeah this Christian knows how stupid this sounds to you.
Some of it sounds stupid because God doesn't make complete sense until
you just believe in Him. Sounds fishy I know, but I've experienced that
in my own life. The rest sounds stupid to you, because it is just plain
stupid. I'm sure God shakes His head at us Christians a lot.

Take care,
Lark

Stephen Knight wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2006 07:09:38 -0700, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> >Here is what the Holy Spirit would guide me to write:
>
> This is such a cop out. How many times have we seen idiots saying,
> 'god "told" me to say this'.? A sequence of words gets transformed by
> a brainwashed moron into a divine, magic moment issued from the Great
> Pixie Himself.
>
> Let me add more credence to what I say, some real weight you can't
> refute, by intoning the god.
>
> Of course, Satan guided me to say these words.
>
> Christians just don't get how empty and ridicules their programmed
> words are to non-believers.
>
> They can't hear our mental, 'Whoa.. WTF....'
>
> Warlord Steve
> BAAWA

Tasi

Aug 16, 2006, 5:24:52 PM8/16/06
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. You've been reading too much
Jerry Jenkins.

Tasiyagnunpa
"Lark"

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 16, 2006, 5:51:59 PM8/16/06
Alacrity wrote:
> > Those with discerning hearts know that what I have written could have
> > come only from the Holy Spirit.
>
> That you exist in the Light, I have no doubt. But your words fall on
> the world
> like a shadow. You become more apparent by virtue of the scripture you
> cite, the truths you fondle with such unfeeling fingers.

There is only one truth... the truth, Who is our LORD.

> That you become transparent, is my prayer for you.

Not sure what you mean by transparent but GOD knows and that is all
that matters.

> That, in time, you become luminous:)

All who have GOD's love in their hearts are luminous.

Such are the brethren of Christ Jesus, showing GOD's love toward
everyone including their enemies.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear friend whom I love.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung

Alacrity

Aug 16, 2006, 7:54:53 PM8/16/06

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Alacrity wrote:
> > > Those with discerning hearts know that what I have written could have
> > > come only from the Holy Spirit.
> >
> > That you exist in the Light, I have no doubt. But your words fall on
> > the world
> > like a shadow. You become more apparent by virtue of the scripture you
> > cite, the truths you fondle with such unfeeling fingers.
>
> There is only one truth... the truth, Who is our LORD.
>
> > That you become transparent, is my prayer for you.

>Not sure what you mean by transparent

I'll try to make my ideas clearer for you, as I understand that my
words have limited power to convey what it is that inspires me to speak
them. I don't know that my view is right or correct, but it is the
closest to the truth that I am able to express at this point in my
life:) Since you have taken the time and effort to respond to my
statements, I am encouraged in believing that you will give this
response some of your valuable time and consideration.

What I mean by "transparent" is the opposite of opaque. It's much
easier for me to explain "transparent" by beginning in this way. Please
forgive me if I seem to be slow at getting to the point, but I know no
better way to express what it is I would like to offer for your
consiseration:)

An object that is opaque (not see through) receives the light but does
not allow it to pass through. When a man's heart is opaque, what
inspiration he receives from God (or indirectly from scripture and
other sources) does not pass through him to reach others in the
uncorrupted or clear form that he received it: Self gets in the way.

One of the ways in which self obstructs the light (truth) is by the
failure to recognize its own weakness of intellect, of expression and
comprehension and our own poverty of spirit. When this happens, we rise
up in pride and judgement, speaking with an authority that we do not
posess."The message" becomes "our message" because, by our lack of
humility and self honesty, we unconsciously alter what is received with
our imperfect nature. I know that it is your intent to spread the good
news that GOD has given us through JESUS CHRIST. And I agree with you
when you say that "Christianity is not a religion", but my reasons
differ from yours and so too do the words "christianity" and "Religion"
mean something diferrent to me than they do to you:) The transparency I
speak of is to recognize that others may think diferrently, speak
diferrently and mean diferrently even though they use the exact words
that you do! It is to recognize that we are often weak when it comes to
expressing what is so clearly understood.
This transparency I speak of means to let the holy spirit communicate
through us without our flaws and imperfections corrupting its voice.
The only way to achieve this, I believe, is to become perfect
(Something I certainly can't achieve but can work on) or to become
exceedingl humble. I'm much better at being humble than I am at being
perfect:) The great gift of humility is that we begin to listen and
read with an appetite. Now I know that you want to be heard and read:)
We all do. But people can't hear us or read us if we do not make our
selves understood! And in order to be understood by others, we have to
know what words mean to them:) We have to be familiar with their
beliefs. Certainly our first reaction is "these people don't know what
they're saying. I must correct them!".
But very often it us us that has failed. We fail in not listening for
the message contained in their words but at the weakness in their ideas
and motives. When we do this, we lose transparency and can't hear the
message that God wants us to hear:) Transparency is a wonderful thing,
as I'm sure you understand, and I don't doubt that you have been
working toward it even though you hadn't yet familiarized your self
with this use of the word:)

Thank you for your time:)

Alacrity

Pastor Kutchie

Aug 16, 2006, 9:58:33 PM8/16/06

I suppose there is no harm in trying, but it would be gravely naive of
you to hold your breath waiting for Earthquack here to improve his
attitude. What he transparently is, is a person without a shred of
honour or candour. His perception of the real world or even the
intended meaning of scripture is as opaque as anthracite.

Stephen Knight

Aug 16, 2006, 11:09:38 PM8/16/06
On 16 Aug 2006 14:08:54 -0700, "Lark" <tasiya...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Stephen,
>
>I totally agree with everything you just said, because its from the
>Bible. Seriously, it is. The Bible says God chose things that looked
>stupid to non-followers to be wisdom.

Okay. I'm going to need 'awhile...' to think about what that means.

>I have no idea if the so-called Christians on here are or aren't
>Christians. I do believe in the Holy Spirit guiding us or even outright
>talking to some people, but I NEVER just take that person's word for
>it.

So you believe The Pixie talks to people... but you don't believe
it when they say they are.

What sort of evidence do you require to accept Pixie guidance?

>If it doesn't jive with Scripture I just don't believe it. I know
>non-Christians think Christians are a bunch of Muslim hating, gay
>hating President Bush-worshiping sheep, but there are some of us that
>actually remember that everyone has free will and that no one, not our
>pastor or the president of the US are infallible.

It's not the product of your superstition that annoy atheists. (In
general terms...) It's the complete lack of evidence that you base
your life on. Plus, you wanting to force your superstition on us.

>You knew that though. Funny, the Bible says so too. (All have fallen
>short of the glory of God)

Stupid dogma. That crap only works for losers. I'm a human being. I
didn't ask to be here and all the superstitious idiocy happened
thousands of years before I was born.

Why should I buy into some myth that happened that long ago? Why
not Ra or Odin?

>Maybe the Holy Spirit is revealing more to than you'd like to admit.

There is no Pixie.

You're like, Chung. He intones the 'deity to his words to enhance
his, what he considers, power, and you automatically assume I think a
magic Pixie exists but won't admit it.

That's a big problem with you christians. You've been brainwashed
into thinking atheists 'secretly' believe your crap or that we are in
'rebellion.'

That's Apologetic mind candy to keep up the lies. So you won't
rationalize or ask hard questions.

>So in short, yeah this Christian knows how stupid this sounds to you.

No. You don't.

>Some of it sounds stupid because God doesn't make complete sense until
>you just believe in Him.

More Apologetic nonsense. Dude, you are brainwashed.

>Sounds fishy I know, but I've experienced that
>in my own life. The rest sounds stupid to you, because it is just plain
>stupid. I'm sure God shakes His head at us Christians a lot.

That's for the witness. Personally, I rather hear those dogs
barking Jingles Bells on the radio during christmas.

Warlord Steve
BAAWA

Kurt Gavin

Aug 16, 2006, 11:12:50 PM8/16/06

"Pastor Kutchie" <use...@heathens.org.uk> wrote in message

>> Alacrity
>
> I suppose there is no harm in trying, but it would be gravely naive of
> you to hold your breath waiting for Earthquack here to improve his
> attitude. What he transparently is, is a person without a shred of
> honour or candour. His perception of the real world or even the
> intended meaning of scripture is as opaque as anthracite.

What is clear, is there's always an element of "convenience" in his
religion.

Alacrity

Aug 17, 2006, 12:02:14 AM8/17/06

I write so that my ignorance becomes clearer to me. That he would hear
me is more than I have any right to expect, so I'm breathing easy. But
I've just read my little speech again and find it no where near as good
as I believed it was just a few short hours ago:)

Sucks to be less than a genius.

Alacrity

Alacrity

Aug 17, 2006, 12:13:02 AM8/17/06

What is also clear is that what is uncommon about him is not that
"element of convenience", but rather how obvious it is. It's a
blessing, in a way.

I have been reading letters of the Apostle Paul and I am sensing this
same "convenience " only much much more insidious.

Here I read a kitten
and there a lion.
I hate cats.

Alacrity

Buzz Buzzard enemy of Woody Woodpecker

Aug 17, 2006, 1:55:57 AM8/17/06
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>Atheist neighbor wrote:
>> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>>
>> > "LORD of lords and KING of kings." (Revelation 19:16)
>>
>> Good old Revelation, wraps up the whole Yahweh story with a set of
>> demented rantings. Whoever wrote that stuff had been on the mushrooms.
>
>Sorry the truth bothers you so terribly. Please forgive all my
>iniquities.
>
>May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor.
>
>Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,
>
>Andrew <><

What was that you were saying about Catholicism before your latest
net.spank, Chong?

Lady Veteran <arm...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>You act as if all fat women fart alike.

FreeSpeechStore

Aug 17, 2006, 2:03:48 AM8/17/06
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:08:55 +0000, Kurt Gavin wrote:
> "John" wrote...
>> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:36:30 GMT, "Kurt Gavin" wrote:
>>>"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote...

>>>And here we are again, back to the issue of treason.
>>>
>>>You and the other fundies have more loyalty to your ignorant fantasies
>>>than
>>>you do to your country.
>>
>> Don't worry Kurt, I wouldn't accuse you of treason just because you're
>> an atheist. ;-}
>
> Atheists don't claim their "view" of things to be an institution that
> claims their loyalty in a way that supercedes their country. They're much
> more loyal and trustworthy than religious nuts who may go off in whatever
> direction their fantasies and mass hysteria take them.

Agnostic anarchist, here. But I'm not fanatical about the latter
part.;-{P}

> Some of the founders were probably atheists, or close to it.

Most of your founders were, for that matter. Radical Xians have been
working for over two centuries to undo everything accomplished by said
founders, too.

> Islam is full of religious idiots who give religious fantasies more
> importance than their countries and concepts of modern institutions like
> democracy and secular law --- that's why they are so backward and easily
> defeated.

Don't worry, the Xian idiots are doing everything in their power to
change all that.

Hail Eris!
Not Richard Scoville
Richard M. Scoville is explicitly denied the right to archive any of my
posts, under any of my nyms, on his site, FreeSpeechStore.com
http://tinyurl.com/c222n

Pastor Kutchie

Aug 17, 2006, 2:08:04 AM8/17/06

Stephen Knight wrote:
> On 16 Aug 2006 14:08:54 -0700, "Lark" <tasiya...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Stephen,
> >
> >I totally agree with everything you just said, because its from the
> >Bible. Seriously, it is. The Bible says God chose things that looked
> >stupid to non-followers to be wisdom.
> >
> Okay. I'm going to need 'awhile...' to think about what that means.

What he means is that nothing is actually true, and that the scriptures
are a test of credulity.

FreeSpeechStore

Aug 17, 2006, 2:11:22 AM8/17/06
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:38:07 -0700, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Kurt Gavin wrote:

>> > Sorry the truth bothers you so terribly. Please forgive all my
>> > iniquities.
>>
>> The truth doesn't bother people, Andrew.
>
> If this did not bother you, why did you respond ?

Allow me to reproduce the part you so dishonestly snipped:

>> It's claiming authority based on absurd myths and fantasy beings - that
>> creates anger.

There, does his post make more sense now? Perhaps you'd like to snip it
again, to make the nasty, awful, hurtful words go away? BTW, Kurt: .Sig!

FreeSpeechStore

Aug 17, 2006, 2:31:35 AM8/17/06
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:24:52 -0700, Tasi wrote:
>> No, you fool, it's just a secret code Christians use to recognise each
>> other. If you're not one, then you obviously don't know how to respond
>> appropriately, so just don't say anything. They'll know what that
>> means. Or just say "whatever". If you were Christian you'd give the
>> counter-sign "whosoever". (Hint: John 3:16)
>
> That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. You've been reading too much
> Jerry Jenkins.
>
> Tasiyagnunpa
> "Lark"

<sound of overflying jet going at Mach 8>

Hail Eris!
Not Richard Scoville
Richard M. Scoville is explicitly denied the right to archive any of my
posts, under any of my nyms, on his site, FreeSpeechStore.com
http://tinyurl.com/c222n

"It's claiming authority based on absurd myths and fantasy beings - that

creates anger." -- Kurt Gavin

Nosterill

Aug 17, 2006, 3:49:11 AM8/17/06

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Nosterill wrote:
> > Kali wrote:
> > > John wrote:

> > > : Kurt wrote:
> > > : >Andrew wrote:
> > > : >> Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
> > > : >>> Andrew wrote:
> > > : >>> >Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
> > > : >>> >
> > > : >>> >> "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
> > > : >>> >> false, and by the rulers as useful." --- Seneca the Younger
> > > : >>>
> > > : >>> >Thankfully, Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with the
> > > : >>> >risen Christ Jesus.
> > > : >>>
> > > : >>> Please elaborate. (This should be stunning...)
> > > : >>
> > > : >> A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
> > > : >> is a citizen of the United States.
> > > : >
> > > : >And here we are again, back to the issue of treason.
> > > : >
> > > : >You and the other fundies have more loyalty to your ignorant fantasies than
> > > : >you do to your country.
> > > :
> > > : Don't worry Kurt, I wouldn't accuse you of treason just because you're
> > > : an atheist. ;-}
> > > :
> > > : Blessings,
> > > : John

> > > I met a neighbor for the first time while walking my dog. One of
> > > the first things he said to me was, "we're Christian." There was
> > > no context to it; just a gratuituous statement. I can only infer
> > > that he intended to say something meaningful, but what exactly a
> > > statement like that is supposed to mean to me is a mystery.
> >
> > My usual response in the face of that kind of thing is a sympathetic
> > "Oh, well: No one's perfect."
>
> "LORD Jesus Christ is perfect." -- Holy Spirit.

Exactly my point. No-one is perfect. I'll let you do the maths.

Nosterill

Aug 17, 2006, 3:54:30 AM8/17/06

Wouldn't work for me. I'm a Brit. Good for your side of the pond though.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 17, 2006, 6:12:45 AM8/17/06

Prior to receiving GOD's love into my heart, HE saved me through my
choice to place my faith in LORD Jesus Christ. It is the blood of the
Lamb that washed away all my sins making me transparent (your term)
like an unlit lamp.

Now, with GOD's love in my heart, I am no longer transparent just as a
lit lamp is no longer transparent.

> Thank you for your time:)

You are welcome.

All thanks and praises belong to GOD, Whom I love with all my heart,
soul, mind, and strength.

May GOD help you with your needs, dear friend.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 17, 2006, 6:16:37 AM8/17/06
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD <nos...@heartmdphd.com>, the doddering scumbag
and aching backwoods-fiddler who likes injurious doodle dandy yanking
with poodles, and whose partner is a lady of pleasure with a gaping
hairy hatchet wound, wrote in
<1155809565....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>:

> Jizz-drinking Danish-pastry with pitiful hymen hammer and bulging
> brown-daisy seeks unfinished pussy piston for forceful hard-fisting.
> Mail me at <nos...@heartmdphd.com>

Lark

Aug 17, 2006, 10:09:47 AM8/17/06
Stephen Knight wrote:
> On 16 Aug 2006 14:08:54 -0700, "Lark" <tasiya...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Stephen,
> >
> >I totally agree with everything you just said, because its from the
> >Bible. Seriously, it is. The Bible says God chose things that looked
> >stupid to non-followers to be wisdom.
> >
> Okay. I'm going to need 'awhile...' to think about what that means.

Try 1 Corinthians 1:18-31

"18 I know very well how foolish the message of the cross sounds to
those who are on the road to destruction. But we who are being saved
recognize this message as the very power of God. 19As the Scriptures
say,

"I will destroy human wisdom
and discard their most brilliant ideas."[c]

20So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the
world's brilliant debaters? God has made them all look foolish and has
shown their wisdom to be useless nonsense. 21Since God in his wisdom
saw to it that the world would never find him through human wisdom, he
has used our foolish preaching to save all who believe. 22God's way
seems foolish to the Jews because they want a sign from heaven to prove
it is true. And it is foolish to the Greeks because they believe only
what agrees with their own wisdom. 23So when we preach that Christ was
crucified, the Jews are offended, and the Gentiles say it's all
nonsense. 24But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and
Gentiles,[d] Christ is the mighty power of God and the wonderful wisdom
of God. 25This "foolish" plan of God is far wiser than the wisest of
human plans, and God's weakness is far stronger than the greatest of
human strength.

26Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in
the world's eyes, or powerful, or wealthy when God called you.
27Instead, God deliberately chose things the world considers foolish in
order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose those who
are powerless to shame those who are powerful. 28God chose things
despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them
to bring to nothing what the world considers important, 29so that no
one can ever boast in the presence of God.

30God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our
benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us
acceptable to God. He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to
purchase our freedom. 31As the Scriptures say,

"The person who wishes to boast
should boast only of what the Lord has done." "

> >I have no idea if the so-called Christians on here are or aren't
> >Christians. I do believe in the Holy Spirit guiding us or even outright
> >talking to some people, but I NEVER just take that person's word for
> >it.
> >
> So you believe The Pixie talks to people... but you don't believe
> it when they say they are.

I don't blindly follow people because they say God spoke to them. The
Bible tells me to test everything that is said. Not against what
non-Christians say, but against the Bible.

> What sort of evidence do you require to accept Pixie guidance?

Scripture

> >If it doesn't jive with Scripture I just don't believe it. I know
> >non-Christians think Christians are a bunch of Muslim hating, gay
> >hating President Bush-worshiping sheep, but there are some of us that
> >actually remember that everyone has free will and that no one, not our
> >pastor or the president of the US are infallible.
> >
> It's not the product of your superstition that annoy atheists. (In
> general terms...) It's the complete lack of evidence that you base
> your life on. Plus, you wanting to force your superstition on us.

I don't know why what I believe aggravates you so if you just admitted
that actions of foolish Christians aren't what triggers it. Why do you
care then? That's why we wonder if maybe you do want to believe what we
have to say and that's why you are so hateful about it.

It is true faith comes without evidence, but afterwards evidence
abounds. God is not Santa Claus. I don't believe in Jesus for what it
will gain me. But He does speak to me more and more, as I keep trusting
in Him for guidance.

That's evidence. And I know His voice because it always matches
scripture.

As for forcing "superstition" on you, I don't recall sending you to a
boarding school and shoving Catholicism down your throat. That happened
to my people, the Lakota. So if I generations later, can follow Jesus,
after what so-called Christians did in the name of God, anybody can.

> >You knew that though. Funny, the Bible says so too. (All have fallen
> >short of the glory of God)
> >
> Stupid dogma. That crap only works for losers. I'm a human being. I
> didn't ask to be here and all the superstitious idiocy happened
> thousands of years before I was born.

Yeah, you didn't ask to be here. But now that you are, why don't you
look for God honestly instead of hiding behind your atheism. What's the
worst that could happen?

I don't care if you think I'm a loser. For the record, I don't think
you're a loser. You're exercising free will. God loves you even now
while you're busy hating all of us Christians and denying He exists.

Ask yourself why you love to get on this group and attempt to terrorize
us Christians. Do you love it when a Christian takes your bait, like I
have here, writing you back. Do you like the attention? You obviously
aren't trying to "save" us from your idea of nonsense, so then why are
you here? Have you ever asked yourself that?

> Why should I buy into some myth that happened that long ago? Why
> not Ra or Odin?

Because they aren't real. That should be an easy one, Atheist. :)

> >Maybe the Holy Spirit is revealing more to than you'd like to admit.
> >
> There is no Pixie.

Refuting the supernatural doesn't make it disappear.

> You're like, Chung. He intones the 'deity to his words to enhance
> his, what he considers, power, and you automatically assume I think a
> magic Pixie exists but won't admit it.

I never said you believed it. As for trying to gain power, dude, you
have free will. God, Chung, or anybody else can't make you believe
anything you don't want to believe. If you want to trash Him and His
servants and exercise your right to make up your own mind, He'll let
you. So if someone quotes scripture at you or whatever, it's not like
waving a magic wand at you. Nobody can mess with your free will unless
you let them. Not Satan or Jesus. The difference with Christians is
that we've surrendered our free will to Jesus. And for me that means
Jesus alone, I might add. Not to my pastor, or husband, or Chung or
whoever. Just Jesus.

> That's a big problem with you christians. You've been brainwashed
> into thinking atheists 'secretly' believe your crap or that we are in
> 'rebellion.'

I remember considering Jesus was the real thing long before I accepted
it. So I guess that you've toyed with that idea as well. If I'm wrong,
I apologize for the assumption.

> That's Apologetic mind candy to keep up the lies. So you won't
> rationalize or ask hard questions.
>
> >So in short, yeah this Christian knows how stupid this sounds to you.
>
> No. You don't.

Yes I do. Do you think I was born a Christian? Don't tell me what I
know or don't know. You can't read my mind.

> >Some of it sounds stupid because God doesn't make complete sense until
> >you just believe in Him.
>
> More Apologetic nonsense. Dude, you are brainwashed.

Personal experiance.

> >Sounds fishy I know, but I've experienced that
> >in my own life. The rest sounds stupid to you, because it is just plain
> >stupid. I'm sure God shakes His head at us Christians a lot.
>
> That's for the witness. Personally, I rather hear those dogs
> barking Jingles Bells on the radio during christmas.
>
> Warlord Steve
> BAAWA

I love dogs. And cats. And birds. And atheists. So does Jesus.

Lark

Robibnikoff

Aug 17, 2006, 11:48:02 AM8/17/06

"Lark" <tasiya...@gmail.com> wrote in message
snip

> It is true faith comes without evidence, but afterwards evidence
> abounds.

Afterwards? After what? Death? Based on what evidence?

God is not Santa Claus. I don't believe in Jesus for what it
> will gain me. But He does speak to me more and more, as I keep trusting
> in Him for guidance.

What does he sound like?

> That's evidence.

Subjective evidence, which doesn't mean anything to anyone but yourself.

And I know His voice because it always matches
> scripture.

In your opinion.

> As for forcing "superstition" on you, I don't recall sending you to a
> boarding school and shoving Catholicism down your throat. That happened
> to my people, the Lakota. So if I generations later, can follow Jesus,
> after what so-called Christians did in the name of God, anybody can.

So what?

>> >You knew that though. Funny, the Bible says so too. (All have fallen
>> >short of the glory of God)
>> >
>> Stupid dogma. That crap only works for losers. I'm a human being. I
>> didn't ask to be here and all the superstitious idiocy happened
>> thousands of years before I was born.
>
> Yeah, you didn't ask to be here. But now that you are, why don't you
> look for God honestly instead of hiding behind your atheism. What's the
> worst that could happen?

Been there, done that. NOTHING happened.

> I don't care if you think I'm a loser. For the record, I don't think
> you're a loser. You're exercising free will. God loves you even now
> while you're busy hating all of us Christians and denying He exists.

What's to deny? Do you deny the Easter Bunny exists?

> Ask yourself why you love to get on this group and attempt to terrorize
> us Christians.

What group? Alt.atheism? Why would christians even be here?

Do you love it when a Christian takes your bait, like I
> have here, writing you back. Do you like the attention? You obviously
> aren't trying to "save" us from your idea of nonsense, so then why are
> you here? Have you ever asked yourself that?

He's in alt.atheism, deary. As am I.

>> Why should I buy into some myth that happened that long ago? Why
>> not Ra or Odin?
>
> Because they aren't real. That should be an easy one, Atheist. :)

How do you know they aren't real?

>> >Maybe the Holy Spirit is revealing more to than you'd like to admit.
>> >
>> There is no Pixie.
>
> Refuting the supernatural doesn't make it disappear.

Does the supernatural exist? If so, please prove it. Subjective evidence
doesn't count.

>> You're like, Chung. He intones the 'deity to his words to enhance
>> his, what he considers, power, and you automatically assume I think a
>> magic Pixie exists but won't admit it.
>>
> I never said you believed it. As for trying to gain power, dude, you
> have free will. God, Chung, or anybody else can't make you believe
> anything you don't want to believe. If you want to trash Him and His
> servants and exercise your right to make up your own mind, He'll let
> you.

Really? Did he tell you this personally?

So if someone quotes scripture at you or whatever, it's not like
> waving a magic wand at you. Nobody can mess with your free will unless
> you let them. Not Satan or Jesus. The difference with Christians is
> that we've surrendered our free will to Jesus.

That's nice. How fun it must be to be a slave. I'll pass, thanks. I like
thinking for myself.

And for me that means
> Jesus alone, I might add. Not to my pastor, or husband, or Chung or
> whoever. Just Jesus.

>> That's a big problem with you christians. You've been brainwashed
>> into thinking atheists 'secretly' believe your crap or that we are in
>> 'rebellion.'
>
> I remember considering Jesus was the real thing long before I accepted
> it.

So what?

So I guess that you've toyed with that idea as well. If I'm wrong,
> I apologize for the assumption.
>>
>> That's Apologetic mind candy to keep up the lies. So you won't
>> rationalize or ask hard questions.
>>
>> >So in short, yeah this Christian knows how stupid this sounds to you.
>>
>> No. You don't.
>>
> Yes I do. Do you think I was born a Christian? Don't tell me what I
> know or don't know. You can't read my mind.

And you can't read ours either, but you presume to speak for us. Why is
that?

>> >Some of it sounds stupid because God doesn't make complete sense until
>> >you just believe in Him.
>>
>> More Apologetic nonsense. Dude, you are brainwashed.
>
> Personal experiance.

Which is meaningless to anyone but yourself.

>> >Sounds fishy I know, but I've experienced that
>> >in my own life. The rest sounds stupid to you, because it is just plain
>> >stupid. I'm sure God shakes His head at us Christians a lot.
>>
>> That's for the witness. Personally, I rather hear those dogs
>> barking Jingles Bells on the radio during christmas.
>>
>> Warlord Steve
>> BAAWA
>
> I love dogs. And cats. And birds. And atheists. So does Jesus.

Prove it.
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo
Atheist Bastard Extraordinaire

TransWench

Aug 17, 2006, 5:54:07 PM8/17/06
I was busily flonking away in %g, when The Goddess Eris Herself suddenly
made me reply to Lark:

>> Why should I buy into some myth that happened that long ago? Why
>> not Ra or Odin?
>
> Because they aren't real. That should be an easy one, Atheist. :)

What makes them "not real" and your deity "real"? Answer below .sig.

Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!! Kallisti!!! mhm 29x21
Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM,
CK, POEE, KOTHASK, GGGHD, HCNB, IAC, MWFA
Email popesnarky *at* gmail.com
I want a boyfriend who is sensitive and caring,
but they already have boyfriends.
Your faith, and nothing else. So I can have faith, if I
like, in either (or both) of them. That would make them
"real", and your deity "not real".

Lark

Aug 17, 2006, 7:11:01 PM8/17/06
Hey, didn't mean to post in alt.atheism. Sorry about that. Still not
used to Google groups.

I'm not going to argue with people over this stuff. I know it all
sounds crazy stupid to you, and I do remember what it was like to not
believe.

Anyway, didn't mean to come busting in your atheist door.

Bye.

Lark

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 17, 2006, 8:16:00 PM8/17/06
Lark wrote:
> Hey, didn't mean to post in alt.atheism. Sorry about that.

You are forgiven as far as I am concerned.

> Still not used to Google groups.

It takes some getting used to.

> I'm not going to argue with people over this stuff.

There isn't a need. Arguing rarely convinces anyone of anything except
in those rare instances when someone has the strength of the truth to
keep from descending into name-calling.

> I know it all
> sounds crazy stupid to you, and I do remember what it was like to not
> believe.

Me too. That is at least one advantage we have over those who don't
believe.

We have been there and done that.

> Anyway, didn't mean to come busting in your atheist door.

Actually there are no doors in unmoderated usenet newsgroups.

> Bye.
>
> Lark

May GOD bless you and yours today and everyday, dear brother whom I
love.

Stephen Knight

Aug 17, 2006, 10:48:36 PM8/17/06
On 17 Aug 2006 07:09:47 -0700, "Lark" <tasiya...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Stephen Knight wrote:
>> On 16 Aug 2006 14:08:54 -0700, "Lark" <tasiya...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Stephen,
>> >
>> >I totally agree with everything you just said, because its from the
>> >Bible. Seriously, it is. The Bible says God chose things that looked
>> >stupid to non-followers to be wisdom.
>> >
>> Okay. I'm going to need 'awhile...' to think about what that means.
>
>Try 1 Corinthians 1:18-31

Please.....

Using scripture to prove a superstitious point to an atheist is
like reading from Moby Dick to prove a white whale ate Captain Ahab.

We don't believe in your god or your bible. Try and comprehend the
mental gulf.

I snipped most of your post because it was the same inane,
brainwashed, sock puppet, talking rock spiel reserved for the choir,
not for atheists.

You haven't the mental insight or bravery to question your belief
with an honest critical question and then follow through with logic.
Belief is a nice warm blanket protecting you from death and relieving
you from responsibility for being human. (What a terrible mind
set...being sorry for being human)

I've always considered your superstition a mental perversion.
Anti-life, hateful, being pawns to the parasite class....

Like Chung, you have nothing.

Prove one thing you said with empirical evidence.

Carl Sagan said, 'I don't want to think there is a god, I want to
know there is one.'

Warlord Steve
BAAWA

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 3:01:10 AM8/18/06
Stephen Knight wrote:
> On 17 Aug 2006 07:09:47 -0700, "Lark" <tasiya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Stephen Knight wrote:

> >> Okay. I'm going to need 'awhile...' to think about what that means.
> >
> >Try 1 Corinthians 1:18-31
>
> Please.....
>
> Using scripture to prove a superstitious point to an atheist is
> like reading from Moby Dick to prove a white whale ate Captain Ahab.

In this case, we are working backwards. Your behavior has been
observed and now serves to confirm the veracity of the Bible because
the Bible predicted your behavior.

This would be like seeing a white whale eat Captain Ahab and then using
readings from Moby Dick to anticipate the future.

> We don't believe in your god or your bible. Try and comprehend the
> mental gulf.

We, the brethren of Christ, have been there and done that. Try and
comprehend what that means.

Here's an analogy:

We are to you as an American with dual citizenship is to those in his
third world country homeland. We feel just as he would feel visiting
his third world homeland trying to inform folks about how wonderful
life in America is compared to their third world condition.

> I snipped most of your post because it was the same inane,
> brainwashed, sock puppet, talking rock spiel reserved for the choir,
> not for atheists.

Name-calling simply shows how lost you are.

> You haven't the mental insight or bravery to question your belief
> with an honest critical question and then follow through with logic.

The faithful are simply not motivated to become the faithless.

> Belief is a nice warm blanket protecting you from death

The faithless simply do not understand faith.

> and relieving
> you from responsibility for being human. (What a terrible mind
> set...being sorry for being human)

Faith is infinitely more than belief and does not absolve folks from
their responsibility to fulfill GOD's purpose for them while here in
this world.

> I've always considered your superstition a mental perversion.
> Anti-life, hateful, being pawns to the parasite class....

Without the LORD, your opinion is meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

> Like Chung, you have nothing.

Actually, dual citizenship is something.

> Prove one thing you said with empirical evidence.

<><

> Carl Sagan said, 'I don't want to think there is a god, I want to
> know there is one.'

Carl Sagan now has what he wants.

GOD is great.

Laus Deo !

Marana tha !

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Stephen whom I love.

Steve O

Aug 18, 2006, 5:48:53 AM8/18/06

> In this case, we are working backwards. Your behavior has been
> observed and now serves to confirm the veracity of the Bible because
> the Bible predicted your behavior.
>
> This would be like seeing a white whale eat Captain Ahab and then using
> readings from Moby Dick to anticipate the future.
>
>> We don't believe in your god or your bible. Try and comprehend the
>> mental gulf.
>
> We, the brethren of Christ, have been there and done that. Try and
> comprehend what that means.
>
> Here's an analogy:
>
> We are to you as an American with dual citizenship is to those in his
> third world country homeland. We feel just as he would feel visiting
> his third world homeland trying to inform folks about how wonderful
> life in America is compared to their third world condition.

I'm quite sure you live in the Happy La La Land you describe- that is
evident from your posts.
But not all of us want to live there.
For one reason - it's false
Yes, you may have previously been living in awful circumstances, hating your
life - and you may well have experienced an improvement when you "found
God" - but not all of us are like you.
At the end of the day your beliefs are based on false assumptions,
supersticion and myth - a flimsy house of cards no matter how much you try
to convince yourself and others.
Some of us prefer reality and are perhaps better equipped to deal with it
than you are.
Please don't ne so stupid to pretend that we are missing out on a wonderful
opportunity - that's just the sales shmuck that draws in the rubes, just
like those early immigrants were drawn to a country which didn't turn out to
be as wonderful as they expected.

--
Steve O
a.a. #2240

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 6:02:44 AM8/18/06
Steve O wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
> > In this case, we are working backwards. Your behavior has been
> > observed and now serves to confirm the veracity of the Bible because
> > the Bible predicted your behavior.
> >
> > This would be like seeing a white whale eat Captain Ahab and then using
> > readings from Moby Dick to anticipate the future.
> >
> >> We don't believe in your god or your bible. Try and comprehend the
> >> mental gulf.
> >
> > We, the brethren of Christ, have been there and done that. Try and
> > comprehend what that means.
> >
> > Here's an analogy:
> >
> > We are to you as an American with dual citizenship is to those in his
> > third world country homeland. We feel just as he would feel visiting
> > his third world homeland trying to inform folks about how wonderful
> > life in America is compared to their third world condition.
>
> I'm quite sure you live in the Happy La La Land you describe

No. Not yet.

But soon.

Laus Deo !

Marana tha !

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Steve whom I love.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 18, 2006, 9:59:32 AM8/18/06
If any of this xian stuff is true, why can't you supply reliable evidience
of it?

Numerous religions and gods have come and gone over history.

What proof is there that your mythology is real and the others weren't?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 4:26:29 PM8/18/06
Kurt Gavin wrote (edited for truthfulness):

> If any of this xian stuff is true, why can't you supply reliable evidience
> of it?

GOD has provided evidence through me. Laus Deo !

Simply surf the link below my sig to see the evidence.

> Numerous religions and gods have come and gone over history.

They were false.

> What proof is there that your GOD is real and the others weren't?

The test of time.

May GOD keep healing your heart, dear neighbor Kurt whom I love.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 18, 2006, 4:33:39 PM8/18/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> Kurt Gavin wrote (edited for truthfulness):
>> If any of this xian stuff is true, why can't you supply reliable
>> evidience
>> of it?
>
> GOD has provided evidence through me. Laus Deo !
>
> Simply surf the link below my sig to see the evidence.

There's nothing but jibberish under that link. Numerous people have looked
at it, and seen proof of nothing, except perhaps mental disorder on your
part.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 5:33:20 PM8/18/06
Kurt Gavin wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message
> > Kurt Gavin wrote (edited for truthfulness):
> >> If any of this xian stuff is true, why can't you supply reliable
> >> evidience
> >> of it?
> >
> > GOD has provided evidence through me. Laus Deo !
> >
> > Simply surf the link below my sig to see the evidence.
>
> There's nothing but jibberish under that link.

Not for the discerning.

> Numerous people have looked
> at it, and seen proof of nothing, except perhaps mental disorder on your
> part.

Numerous people are without discerning hearts.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Kurt whom I love.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 18, 2006, 6:36:48 PM8/18/06

> Kurt Gavin wrote:
>> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > GOD has provided evidence through me. Laus Deo !
>> >
>> > Simply surf the link below my sig to see the evidence.
>>
>> There's nothing but jibberish under that link.
>
> Not for the discerning.

That's the problem - the mentally competent "discerning" see proof of
nothing.

It is you, Andrew, that does not discern reality.

YOU are the problem - not the rest of the world.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 6:53:47 PM8/18/06
Kurt Gavin wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message
> > Kurt Gavin wrote:
> >> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> >> There's nothing but jibberish under that link.
> >
> > Not for the discerning.
>
> That's the problem - the mentally competent "discerning" see proof of
> nothing.
>
> It is you, Andrew, that does not discern reality.
>
> YOU are the problem - not the rest of the world.

Your belief in satan is progress...

...proof that my prayers on your behalf are working.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 18, 2006, 7:35:37 PM8/18/06

> Kurt Gavin wrote:
>> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

>> > Not for the discerning.
>>
>> That's the problem - the mentally competent "discerning" see proof of
>> nothing.
>>
>> It is you, Andrew, that does not discern reality.
>>
>> YOU are the problem - not the rest of the world.
>
> Your belief in satan is progress...

When instructing the impaired, use language they can relate to.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 8:17:43 PM8/18/06
Kurt Gavin wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message
> > Kurt Gavin wrote:
> >> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> >> That's the problem - the mentally competent "discerning" see proof of
> >> nothing.
> >>
> >> It is you, Andrew, that does not discern reality.
> >>
> >> YOU are the problem - not the rest of the world.
> >
> > Your belief in satan is progress...
>
> When instructing the impaired, use language they can relate to.

You use of English indicates that you believe is satan.

This would still be progress and proof that my prayers on your behalf

Kurt Gavin

Aug 18, 2006, 8:24:59 PM8/18/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> Kurt Gavin wrote:
>> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

>> > Your belief in satan is progress...
>>
>> When instructing the impaired, use language they can relate to.
>
> You use of English indicates that you believe is satan.

That is not what I discern.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 9:14:27 PM8/18/06
> > Your use of English indicates that you believe in satan.

> That is not what I discern.

Not surprising.

You still remind me of the blind man who would feign vision among the
seeing.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 18, 2006, 9:35:33 PM8/18/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

> You still remind me of the blind man who would feign vision among the
> seeing.

That is not what I discern.

I discern you are delusional.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 19, 2006, 12:14:30 AM8/19/06

<shrug>

man_in_...@yahoo.com

Aug 19, 2006, 1:30:20 PM8/19/06
Lark wrote:
> As for forcing "superstition" on you, I don't recall sending you to a
> boarding school and shoving Catholicism down your throat. That happened
> to my people, the Lakota. So if I generations later, can follow Jesus,
> after what so-called Christians did in the name of God, anybody can.

Yeah, it's called Stockholm syndrome. Especially since there are
still child abuse scandals involving missionaries to this day, not
to mention God-fearing men like Bill Janklow.

Oh, and FYI, guess which religion most of the alcoholics on Pine
Ridge are? Guess which religion Dick Wilson was? Actually, pretty
much the only social ill which affects traditionals more is
poverty.

I can paint a similar picture on any reserve.

Charlotte L. Blackmer

Aug 20, 2006, 8:28:51 PM8/20/06
In article <1155650978.6...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
>> On 15 Aug 2006 03:49:43 -0700,
>> in article <1155638983.9...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
>> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>>
>> >A Christian is a citizen of Christ Jesus' kingdom just as an American
>> >is a citizen of the United States.
>> >
>> >Just as being American is not a religion, so too being Christian is not
>> >a religion.
>>
>> ...practicing your faith, however, is:
>>
>> Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is
>> this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to
>> keep himself unspotted from the world.
>
>You would let the computer guide you instead of the Holy Spirit
>concerning the written word of GOD.
>
>Do you not know that the Holy Spirit is the Great Counselor ?
>
>Here is what the Holy Spirit would guide me to write:
>
>"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight
>rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.
>Religion that GOD our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
>look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself
>from being polluted by the world." (James 1:26-27)

So Andy, did the Holy Spirit give you any good words about keeping a rein
on your keyboarding? 'Cause you need to, and it's not a good witness that
you're not able to.

>Thankfully Christianity is not a religion. However, we can look
>critically at the various religions of the world and see that GOD our
>Father will judge them all to be worthless and accept none of them.
>The only One Person who has kept and continues to keep Himself from
>being polluted by the world is LORD Jesus Christ, and HE was slain
>unjustly without any member of any religion raising a hand to stop it
>from happening.

I think you need to re-read the Gospels.

Charlotte

Peter J Ross

Aug 20, 2006, 8:39:31 PM8/20/06
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:28:51 +0000 (UTC), Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote
in
sci.med.cardiology,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.atheism,alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.christnet.evangelical:

"re-"?

Has he read them once?

--
_ _(o)_(o)_ _ Tired of the same old posters in your
._\`:_ F S M _:' \_, newsgroup? Why not visit news.groups.reviews

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 20, 2006, 10:23:52 PM8/20/06

No.

> 'Cause you need to, and it's not a good witness that you're not able to.

Without the LORD, your opinion is meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

May GOD heal your heart, dear neighbor Charlotte whom I love
unconditionally.

FreeSpeechStore

Aug 20, 2006, 10:38:03 PM8/20/06
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 01:39:31 +0100, Peter J Ross wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:28:51 +0000 (UTC), Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote in
> sci.med.cardiology,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.atheism,alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.christnet.evangelical:
>> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>>>www.pulpitfire.org wrote:

I think he read the Cliff Notes...

Hail Eris!
Not Richard Scoville
Rookie Kook of the Year, 2005
Kook of the Month, December 2005
Clueless Newbie of the Month, October 2005
Palmjob Paddle, January 2006
George Pickett Memorial Trophy, October 2005
Coward of the Month, October 2005
George Armstrong Custer "Kicked @$$" Award
Kenny McCormick Memorial Medal
Order of the Holey Sockpuppet
Balsa Gavel
Richard M. Scoville is explicitly denied the right to archive any of my
posts, under any of my nyms, on his site, FreeSpeechStore.com, winner of
the Richbull.com Memorial Award for Kooksite of the Year, 2005
http://tinyurl.com/c222n
"It's claiming authority based on absurd myths and fantasy beings - that
creates anger." -- Kurt Gavin

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 21, 2006, 6:30:56 AM8/21/06

There is only one Gospel...

... the living WORD of GOD.

You don't read HIM...

... you live through HIM...

... by walking with HIM.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life..." -- LORD Jesus Christ

> > "re-"?

No.

> > Has he read them once?

See above.

> I think he read the Cliff Notes...

No.

May GOD heal your heart, dear neighbor whom I love unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/d3b7b57d0fbf89ed?

Text Medium No. 5

Aug 21, 2006, 6:34:36 AM8/21/06
Hail Eris! On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 03:30:56 -0700, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
jabbered inanely:

Fine, you never read them at all, and you're making everything up off the
top of your head. Have it your way. Wev.

--
Shon'ai
"I was told there would be cookies."

It is loading more messages.