Re: Tell me how to supress my urge to snack

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 19, 2008, 2:03:17 PM3/19/08
It remains smarter to choose to become convinced that hunger (wanting
food/snacks) is wonderful:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/BeSmart

Once we are convinced that hunger is wonderful, we no longer suffer
from the irrational compulsion to eat more than we need:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Parable

Be hungry... be healthy... be hungrier... be euglycemic:

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/BeHealthy

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Lawful steward of http://EmoryCardiology.com

convicted neighbor Grandpa Chuck wrote:
> If you have found something(s) that work for you please tell me how to
> suppress my urge to snack. Over the past month or so I have nearly
> become addicted to Twizzlers. Even if I eat an entire plastic
> container of cut up fresh veggies Laurie has left for me before she
> goes to work, after I have eaten the last piece of fresh veggie or
> fruit I find I am still reaching for three or four Twizzlers. Four of
> them will last me about a half an hour. Then fifteen to thirty minutes
> later I will go to the package and get another three or four. Last
> evening I was having trouble staying awake until she got home from
> work at 12:10, so what did I do? You guessed it; I ate three more of
> those evil things.
>
> I did ask Laurie to discourage me from buying any more of them. The
> packages I have been buying are four pound boxes.
>
> Most evenings around ten I will get a carton of fruit on the bottom
> yogurt and sprinkle a tablespoon or so on top, along with a cup of
> coffee. Once that is gone - yep - I reach for the Twizzlers.
>
> What amazes and discourages me is that for years I controlled my
> snacking very well and stuck to high protein, low carb things. If I
> wanted a sweet snack I would go to the refrigerator and get two or
> three chocolate Nestles Treasures. They contain 6 or 7 grams of carbs
> depending on the variety. I never felt guilty about that since it was
> my only snack between supper at 5:30 and a light, healthy bedtime
> snack after Laurie gets home from work. That seven hour stretch is too
> long to go without eating something.
>
> My numbers have been about where most of us T2's would expect them to
> be. Early this winter I strained my back and was told by our doctor to
> not lift over twenty pounds and to not even walk on our treadmill
> until the back cramps went away. He told Laurie to not let me shovel
> the snow or run the snow blower, so I felt pretty damned useless as we
> were getting hit with snows at least twice a week. Now that it is
> finally warming up I want to get back to walking on a regular basis.
>
> Well, I can see this is already longer than I prefer to post at one
> time, so I will close with a plea for helpful suggestions to suppress
> this high carb craving.
>
> Thanks friends.
> --
>
> Grandpa Chuck
> -��-
> ~
>
> Please grant me:
> the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
> the courage to change the one that I can
> the wisdom to know that it is me

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 20, 2008, 4:44:55 PM3/20/08
friend Uncle Enrico wrote:
> convicted friend % wrote:
>
> > i still say don't eat will work best
>
> You make a good point.
>
> In an ideal world, there would be no need to eat.

In this real world, hunger (urge to snack) is an indication of wanting
to eat rather than of needing to eat.

It is satan's lie that "hunger is bad" (ie hunger is the same as
starvation) that causes confusion leading to the irrational compulsion
to overeat:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/145a6acb7d795db3?

May you and other dear friends, brethren, and neighbors have a
blessedly wonderful 2008th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus
Christ as the Son of Man ...

... by being hungrier:

http://TruthRUS.org/KnowingGOD

Hunger is wonderful:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Hunger

It's how we know what GOD wants, which is what is good.

Yes, hunger is our knowledge of good versus evil that Adam and Eve
paid for with their and our immortal lives.

Those who suffer from the powerful delusion predicted by the prophecy
of 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 would deny this and perish ( gone !!! )
forever ...

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyOne

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyTwo

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyThree

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyFour

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Bob

... gone:

http://YouTube.com/watch?v=Qb6d_z5C35E

Such will be the demise of all those who refuse to know **and** love
the truth, Who is LORD Jesus Christ:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love/TheTruth

Be hungry... be healthy... be hungrier... be blessed:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/BeBlessed

"Blessed are you who hunger NOW...

... for you will be satisfied." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Luke6_21

A simple parable for the wise and discerning:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Parable

Be hungry... be healthy... be hungrier... be euglycemic:

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/BeHealthy

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Lawful steward of http://EmoryCardiology.com

A latter-day disciple of the KING of kings and LORD of lords.
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/DiscipleNow

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 21, 2008, 10:12:50 AM3/21/08
convicted neighbor Em wrote:
> "MI" <quilch...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> > "W. Baker" <wba...@panix.com> wrote:
> >> convicted neighbor Em <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> >> : I love licorice (the real black stuff). I'd probably be tempted to do the
> >> : same thing as you if I had a lot of it in the house. If I do want to
> >> : occasionally indulge in something I know I shouldn't, I only buy enough for
> >> : the one time. If I know it's in the house, I want it. If it isn't...well
> >> : you know, out of sight, out of mind. Being diabetic can be a bummer at times
> >> : but I'm getting better at it as time goes on.
> >> : I hope you find a satisfactory solution, Grandpa Chuck. Best wishes!
> >>
> >> Em,
> >>
> >> If you ate that much licorice, you would be haivng a different set of
> >> roubles:-)
> >
> > I thought of that too, but I think they use anise now instead of liquorice.
> > If it is liquorice, I agree, Em could be risking a stroke.
> >
> I very rarely eat it and certainly not that much. I just meant to say that
> if anything that's not good for me is in the house, I do obsess about it.
> If it's not, I don't think about it. :o)

It is unlikely that if you had in the house something truly bad for
you such as something that nauseated you, thereby killing your hunger,
that you would obsess about it.

Our obsessions come from lies that have wounded the hearts of our
souls.

In this particular instance, the lie would be that what is wanted
(black licorice) is needed...

... that hunger is the same as starvation (ie "hunger is bad.").

This is simply not true and believing it to be true would be a
delusion that does cause mental illness (obsessions).

Therefore, it remains saner and smarter to eat less, down to the right
amount:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/BeSmart

Here is a simple parable in hopes of promoting understanding:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Parable

You do not have much longer, dear neighbor Em.

May you wisely choose to repent by publicly declaring with your mouth
that "Jesus is LORD:"

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay

Mike Mordant

Mar 21, 2008, 10:23:39 AM3/21/08
On Mar 21, 9:12 am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"

<heartdo...@emorycardiology.com> wrote:
> convicted neighbor Em wrote:
> > "MI" <quilchenap...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> > > "W. Baker" <wba...@panix.com> wrote:
> Lawful steward ofhttp://EmoryCardiology.com

> A latter-day disciple of the KING of kings and LORD of lords.http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/DiscipleNow

;-) Convicted another soul and sent them to Hell eh?
Does that make you feel gooooooood?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 21, 2008, 1:59:11 PM3/21/08
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) wrote:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Prophecy

> > May you wisely choose to repent by publicly declaring with your mouth
> > that "Jesus is LORD:"
> >
> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay
>

> ;-) Convicted another soul...

No. I am not the Holy Spirit:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

>... and sent them to Hell eh?

No. It is unforgiven sins that cause souls to end up in hell
eternally separated from GOD:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

"The wages of sin is death." -- Holy Spirit.

Amen.

> Does that make you feel gooooooood?

Whatever GOD desires is good.

Bottom line:

You remain the liar who is the source of all lies as described in the
Bible:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Liarsatan

May we, who are Jesus' disciples, continue to rebuke you at each GOD-
given opportunity as GOD desires:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Rebukesatan

<><

... by being hungrier:

http://TruthRUS.org/KnowingGOD

Hunger is wonderful:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Hunger

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyOne

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyTwo

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyThree

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyFour

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Bob

... gone:

http://YouTube.com/watch?v=Qb6d_z5C35E

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love/TheTruth

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/BeBlessed

Amen.

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Luke6_21

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Parable

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/BeHealthy

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Lawful steward of http://EmoryCardiology.com

Mystified One

Mar 21, 2008, 7:16:27 PM3/21/08
You still have no idea what you do when you flood this group with your
constant barrage.

You are a TROLL. I have killfiled you many times and yet you turn around
with a new address and show back up.

Get a life. Get some counseling. Get some fresh air. Nobody is listening
because your message never changes, and you add nothing to this group.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 21, 2008, 7:38:57 PM3/21/08
neighbor Mystified One wrote:

> You still have no idea what you do when you flood this group with your
> constant barrage.

GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform.

> You are a TROLL.

Name-calling simply shows that you are among the lost:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheLost

The disciples of LORD Jesus Christ are neither perfect nor more
special...

... we are simply forgiven by GOD:

http://www.interviewwithgod.com/forgiven/

... and we have stopped sinning, though we remain sinners:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Knowing

May you wisely choose to be forgiven too by publicly declaring with

your mouth that "Jesus is LORD:"

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay

Afterwards, may you further your wisdom by choosing to walk with HIM:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/DiscipleNow

Mystified One

Mar 21, 2008, 8:02:23 PM3/21/08
**sigh**

Killfiled again.

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <heart...@emorycardiology.com> wrote in message

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 21, 2008, 8:21:13 PM3/21/08
convicted neighbor Mystified One wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Mystified One wrote:
> >>
> >> You still have no idea what you do when you flood this group with your
> >> constant barrage.
> >
> > GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform.
> >
> >> You are a TROLL.
> >
> > Name-calling simply shows that you are among the lost:
> >
> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheLost
>
> **sigh**
>
> Killfiled again.

This simply shows that the Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict
you:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

You do not have much longer, dear lost one:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Prophecy

May you wisely choose to repent soon by publicly declaring with your

mouth that "Jesus is LORD:"

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Mike Mordant

Mar 22, 2008, 7:35:45 PM3/22/08
On Mar 21, 7:21 pm, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"

<heartdo...@emorycardiology.com> wrote:
> convicted neighbor Mystified One wrote:
>

> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

> > > GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform.

> > > Name-calling simply shows that you are among the lost:
>
> > >http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheLost
>
> > **sigh**
>
> > Killfiled again.
>
> This simply shows that the Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict
> you:
>
> http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts
>
> You do not have much longer, dear lost one:
>
> http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Prophecy
>
> May you wisely choose to repent soon by publicly declaring with your
> mouth that "Jesus is LORD:"
>
> http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay
>
> Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,
>
> Andrew <><
> --
> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> Lawful steward ofhttp://EmoryCardiology.com

> A latter-day disciple of the KING of kings and LORD of lords.http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/DiscipleNow

;-) Keep proving my point. Keep posting.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 23, 2008, 3:57:04 AM3/23/08
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) whimpered:

> > convicted neighbor Mystified One wrote:

> > > **sigh**
> >
> > > Killfiled again.
> >
> > This simply shows that the Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict
> > you:
> >
> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts
> >
> > You do not have much longer, dear lost one:
> >
> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Prophecy
> >
> > May you wisely choose to repent soon by publicly declaring with your
> > mouth that "Jesus is LORD:"
> >
> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay
>
> ;-) Keep proving my point. Keep posting.

When Jesus' brethren keep posting for more than 11 straight years
continuously, we glorify HIM and not you:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/ChristianBrethren

Now, keep despairing:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Whimperingsatan

is

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Doomedsatan

<><

... by being hungrier:

http://TruthRUS.org/KnowingGOD

Hunger is wonderful:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Hunger

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyOne

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyTwo

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyThree

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyFour

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Bob

... gone:

http://YouTube.com/watch?v=Qb6d_z5C35E

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love/TheTruth

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/BeBlessed

Amen.

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Luke6_21

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Parable

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/BeHealthy

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Lawful steward of http://EmoryCardiology.com

Mike Mordant

Mar 23, 2008, 4:54:12 PM3/23/08
On Mar 23, 2:57 am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> Lawful steward ofhttp://EmoryCardiology.com

> A latter-day disciple of the KING of kings and LORD of lords.http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/DiscipleNow

;-) I'm not despairing at all. It's just more projection on your
part.

Why don't you tell us your blasphemous story again. You know the one
where you claim to be resurrected after been beaten to death by police
in 1997?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Mar 23, 2008, 6:52:18 PM3/23/08
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) hissed:
> ;-) I'm not despairing at all.

You remind me of the painted smile on a depressed clown.

> It's just more projection on your part.

You remain the quack, who is the source of all lies:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Quacksatan

> Why don't you tell us your blasphemous story again. You know the one
> where you claim to be resurrected after been beaten to death by police
> in 1997?

It remains Scriptural that LORD Jesus Christ is able to resurrect
others (ie Lazarus) along with being able to resurrect Himself.

Indeed, this day commemorates the latter event.

Laus Deo ! ! !

http://HeartMDPhD.com/LausDeo

May we, who are Jesus' latter-day disciples, continue to rebuke you at