Re: Type 2's Unrealistic About Calories

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Dec 22, 2006, 7:48:12 PM12/22/06
st....@myra-lycia.net wrote:
> " New research suggests that obese adults with diabetes often say they
> eat less than they actually do -- a problem that can hinder
> management
> of the disease, according to researchers.
> Their study of 21 obese men and women found that all of those with
> type 2 diabetes reported eating far fewer daily calories than
> objective tests suggested they did."
>
> http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4411

Here's the solution:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/overweight.asp

Which now comes with a million dollar guarantee:

http://MabletonGA.OurLittle.net/Guarantee

Laus Deo ! ! !

Fear GOD and dread nothing (especially not diabetes) that is of this
world:

http://MabletonGA.OurLittle.net/DreadNought

May GOD continue to heal our hearts with HIS living water curing our
diabetes, depression, anxiety or panic so that we can love our
neighbors a little more and LORD Jesus Christ a lot more, dear Nick
whom I love unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love

Kurt Gavin

Dec 23, 2006, 12:42:43 PM12/23/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

> st....@myra-lycia.net wrote:
>> " New research suggests that obese adults with diabetes often say they
>> eat less than they actually do -- a problem that can hinder
>> management
>> of the disease, according to researchers.
>> Their study of 21 obese men and women found that all of those with
>> type 2 diabetes reported eating far fewer daily calories than
>> objective tests suggested they did."
>>
>> http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4411
>
> Here's the solution:
>
> http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/overweight.asp
>
> Which now comes with a million dollar guarantee:
>
> http://MabletonGA.OurLittle.net/Guarantee

Chunkers - it's obviously diet demons who are responsible for diabetes and
obesity.

Your 2pds daily McDonald's diet obviously puts you in the category of being
a dietary demon.

BEHOLD CHUNG- YOU ARE CONDMENED

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Dec 24, 2006, 8:48:19 AM12/24/06
Chris Malcolm wrote:
> Priscilla Ballou <vze2...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Susan <neve...@nomail.com> wrote:

> >> I couldn't believe it when I was maintaining my weight on 800 calories
> >> per day, so I bought a food scale (which I still use often, just to make
> >> sure I'm not erring) and found that I was *over* estimating the size of
> >> my servings, not underestimating.
> >>
> >> It can go both ways.
>
> > Indeed. I've known people who were put into the hospital and had their
> > intake closely monitored, with the clinicians expecting them to lose
> > weight on their controlled intake. Instead, they gained. The
> > clinicians first accused the patients of having food snuck in, but
> > finally had to accept that the human body is more complex and varied in
> > how it works than their narrow little minds had previously conceived of.
>
> One thing I've never been able to understand is that the length of the
> human gut varies very considerably between individuals. It's a lot
> longer in what Sheldon called endomorphs (pear shaped folks with large
> guts) than it is in ectomorphs (skinny folk with narrow waists). I
> would naturally suspect that having a longer gut means you have more
> time and opportunity to absorb nutrients from the food passing
> through. Since it's a disadvantage in terms of weight to lug around a
> large gut, we wouldn't have this variation in gut length in the
> population if it wasn't to some advantage.

The gut lengthens as a function of age.

This is why we get hungrier (feel physically emptier) as we get older.

This is by GOD's design.

"HE humbled you, causing you to hunger..." -- Moses (Deuteronomy 8:3)

HE is the Creator, afterall.

Laus Deo !

> I can't understand how gut length isn't relevant to how much a person
> needs to eat and how easy it is for them to get fat, but it's a factor
> which dietiticians and nutritionists resolutely ignore.

The reason dieticians and nutritionists fail to help people lose weight
is not because they ignore gut length but because they ignore LORD
Jesus Christ.

"Blessed are you who hunger now for you will be satisfied." -- LORD
Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

Only LORD GOD Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, knows a person's
gut length at any given point in a person's life.

Trust HIM:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/overweight.asp

HE has provided a way for all to lose the visceral adipose tissue
(VAT):

http://HeartMDPhD.com/wtloss.asp

HE has also provided a million dollar guarantee:

http://MabletonGA.OurLittle.net/Guarantee

Indeed, Jesus Christ is KING of kings and LORD of lords (Revelation
19:16):

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.diabetes/msg/f4f14ae641508c28?

May GOD continue to heal our hearts with HIS living water curing our

diabetes, depression, anxiety, or panic so that we can love our
neighbors a little more and LORD Jesus Christ a lot more, dear friend
Chris whom I love unconditionally.

Kurt Gavin

Dec 24, 2006, 11:06:54 AM12/24/06
This is a seasonal holiday that has been celebrated for thousands of years -
well before the christian myth started.

http://www.geocities.com/sisteroffortune/Saturnalia.htm

Its seems that no one really ever gives a thought to the idea of the date
December twenty-fifth as the day of Christmas. If you look at our evidence
as to Christ's birth you will read from the bible, " And there where in the
same country shepherds abiding in a field, keeping watch over their flock by
night," In the dead of winter seems most unlikely.

That the date actually goes back to Rome with a festival called Saturnalia.
It was a time of revelry, celebration, eating and drinking. It was at once a
solstice observance and a harvest festival. On the Julian calendar it was
proclaimed in 46 c.e., that the Saturnalia would fall on December twenty-
fifth.

The early Christians found a birthday celebration of a religious figure
strange or blasphemous. The only people who celebrated birthdays were the
pagans in Rome. Holidays where declared for the birthday of Ceasars and for
the gods. Gift giving at a birthday is a wholly pagan concept and the early
church banned it. Slowly the idea of giving alms to the poor and to the
church for Christ birth is mentioned in the tenth century. By the eleventh
century, families privately gave a token to their servants and expected
nothing from them

We know that as Rome became a Christian empire, it sent that religion to the
corners of its holdings. Throughout the Middle Ages, there was an adaptation
of pagan festivals into the Christian calendar. The pagan people have always
celebrated Solstice in late December as a renewal of kingship, vegetation,
the year and the world. Many of those cultures contain a story of the god
waxing and waning. The newly christianized Pagans' adaptation of this
holiday was a short leap to the celebration of the birth of Christ who rose
from the dead.

Now let's look at that word Yule. The Scandinavian word Yule (Danish Jul)
long ago came to mean Christmas. It is argued that it may have come from the
Anglo-Saxon word hweol, or "wheel", referring perhaps to the solstices. The
early Germanic people called their chief deity Yolnir. In time he lent his
name to their New Year's festival. In Old Norse tradition it was called Jol;
as in old English Geol and the name is familiar to us as Yule a twelve-night
festival. This event had begun, as a new year's festival and only later
became associated with the solstice. Over the centuries, Yolnir was renamed
Woden and later Odin. The old Germanic people viewed him as the "all
father", as one of the creators of the world.

As for the Yule log, it is an ancient custom. The Germanic peoples marked
their seasonal festivals with fires, dancing, and sacrifices. The fires of
the winter Solstice were thought to promote the return of the sun, to burn
away the accumulated misdeeds of the communities, and to ward off evil
sprits. The tradition of burning a special log (the Yule log) on Christmas
Eve was practiced throughout Europe, from Scandinavia to Italy. In parts of
Germany it was custom to place a large block of wood on the fire and to take
it out before it was consumed and preserving it until the next year. The
Yule log burning, its pagan connotations lost an 11th century Knight Sir
Belvedere is recorded as saying, with his cup raised in King Stevens's court
"This Yule log burns. It destroys all old hatreds and misunderstandings."

Despite Christianity's adaptation and absorption of the feasts, symbols, and
customs of the pagan past, the evergreens were still perceived as taboo for
the early church elders. In 575 AD, church laws forbade the custom of
garlanding houses with the laurel greenery. Records from the 15th century
writers in Italy and Germany note the use of hanging flowers, branches, and
garlands of fir. The eight-century English missionary St. Boniface, also
known as Wynfrith of Crediton, took the gospel to these Germanic druids. His
tale is that one Christmas Eve he cut down the people's sacrificial oak. In
its place a young fir tree instantly sprang up. By this miracle the pagans
were converted.

The boar's head was more symbolic than a feast dish. Presented on a board by
two men and a page holding the bloody sword that killed it, it was said
Satan ran amuck as a wild boar and the head on a platter symbolized Christ's
supremacy. In actuality, it's a Norse custom of killing a boar in the dead
of winter and presenting it to Freya, the head sent to her with an apple to
insure fertility.

A tenth century Viking legend references the custom of celebrating mother's
night when the earth mother made visitations to her people. Descriptions of
her vary as her arriving as a hag requesting shelter and when invited in
turning into the beautiful Frea in jewels and furs bringing a feast. It is
said you could identify her by her jeweled stick with holly ivy and
mistletoe, two symbols now closely associated with Christmas.

A strange correlation to all of this is in the Norse religion. Oden was the
oldest and wisest of the gods. He had a long white beard and on one night,
the twenty first of December or solstice, he would lead a hunt from his
white horse to seek out evil doers. The howling wind was said to be the
shriek of bad children he took! People would leave out grain for his horse
and food for the spirits. Santa could be a Viking god in disguise? Don't
tell your Christian friends.

Kurt Gavin

Dec 24, 2006, 12:50:04 PM12/24/06
Deuteronomy 13

False Prophets

[ Jesus preached a new version of religion, and has since become a god
himself to Christians - people often pray to "Jesus", and that is proof he
is regarded as a separate entity from God. Here's what God has to say about
that and what should have been done to Jesus and what should be done to
Jesus' followers: ]

13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth
thee a sign or a wonder,

13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee,
saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us
serve them;

13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer
of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the
LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

13:4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his
commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto
him.

13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death;
because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which
brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of
bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee
to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or
the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice
thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not
known, thou, nor thy fathers; (13:6-10)

13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto
thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the
other end of the earth;

13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall
thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal
him:

13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to
put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath
sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of
the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

13:11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such
wickedness as this is among you.

13:12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God
hath given thee to dwell there, saying,

13:13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and
have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve
other gods, which ye have not known; (13:12-17)

[ If you hear of a city where another god is worshiped, then kill everyone
in the city. By this passage, the State of Israel should be engaged in war
with the rest of the world and should tolerate no other religions within its
borders. ]

13:14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and,
behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is
wrought among you;

13:15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of
the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle
thereof, with the edge of the sword.

13:16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street
thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every
whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not
be built again.

13:17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that
the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and
have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy
fathers;

13:18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all
his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in
the eyes of the LORD thy God.

Pastor Kutchie

Dec 24, 2006, 4:20:16 PM12/24/06

Only another 3 and a half months before they celebrate you being nailed
to a lump of wood.

eleaticus

Dec 24, 2006, 7:03:03 PM12/24/06
> Happy Birthday Jesus :-)

Don't be silly. It was Sol Invictus and others born in December. JC was born
in January.

eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

Kurt Gavin

Dec 24, 2006, 8:42:37 PM12/24/06
Having xmas on Sunday just a lot easier than having it on workdays.

From now on in the US we should have it on the last Sunday of Dec.

The 25th is not like an actual "date" of anything anyway, like the July
fourth is.

~tanya

Dec 24, 2006, 10:52:27 PM12/24/06

Kurt Gavin wrote:
> Having xmas on Sunday just a lot easier than having it on workdays.

no it ain't cuz i work on saturdays and sundays... but yeah it easier
cuz i hate christmas and not as many folks say "merry christmas and
happy holidays" so i'm less homicidal... so yeah, it's easier.

> From now on in the US we should have it on the last Sunday of Dec.

then what tha fuck happens if new years eve falls on that SAME DAY?

ya thought about THAT DISASTEROUS EVENT?

oh wait.....

it could kill two birds with one stone, christmas which is icky is over
at that same time that Dick drops his ball in times square.

this is workable.

> The 25th is not like an actual "date" of anything anyway, like the July
> fourth is.

they don't have 4th'ah July in england.

i asked a tat artist once when tha 4th of july was and he said "on july
4th".

i actually thanked him, marked it on my calendar.

it was a "defining moment."

i realized that exact moment that i was a dummy.

love, peace'n chicken grease **********

~t

Kurt Gavin

Dec 24, 2006, 11:11:05 PM12/24/06

"~tanya" <Subnb...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Kurt Gavin wrote:
>> Having xmas on Sunday just a lot easier than having it on workdays.
>
> no it ain't cuz i work on saturdays and sundays... but yeah it easier
> cuz i hate christmas and not as many folks say "merry christmas and
> happy holidays" so i'm less homicidal... so yeah, it's easier.
>
>> From now on in the US we should have it on the last Sunday of Dec.
>
> then what tha fuck happens if new years eve falls on that SAME DAY?
>
> ya thought about THAT DISASTEROUS EVENT?

You get twice as drunk as usual.

> oh wait.....
>
> it could kill two birds with one stone, christmas which is icky is over
> at that same time that Dick drops his ball in times square.
>
> this is workable.
>
>> The 25th is not like an actual "date" of anything anyway, like the July
>> fourth is.
>
> they don't have 4th'ah July in england.

I said U S dumass, learn to read.

You can celebreate whenever you feel like it.

Kurt Gavin

Dec 25, 2006, 12:09:56 AM12/25/06

"Kurt Gavin" <dontb...@ignore.com> wrote in message

Just kidding - we can all share this advance calendaring. ;-))

~tanya

Dec 25, 2006, 12:21:55 AM12/25/06

Kurt Gavin wrote:
> "~tanya" <Subnb...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > then what tha fuck happens if new years eve falls on that SAME DAY?

> > ya thought about THAT DISASTEROUS EVENT?
>
> You get twice as drunk as usual.

man... yer'ah genius.

> >> The 25th is not like an actual "date" of anything anyway, like the July
> >> fourth is.
> >
> > they don't have 4th'ah July in england.

> I said U S dumass, learn to read.

> You can celebreate whenever you feel like it.

HAHAHAHAHA ! yeah, i'm tha dummy here.

i do believe they have 4th'ah july everywhere, GENERALLY on july 4th.

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

boy, you fell in that trap and like EASY !]

let's marry.

i'm peein' my pants that was so funny !

Jbuch

Dec 25, 2006, 6:11:50 PM12/25/06
Kurt Gavin wrote:
> This is a seasonal holiday that has been celebrated for thousands of years -
> well before the christian myth started.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/sisteroffortune/Saturnalia.htm
>
> Its seems that no one really ever gives a thought to the idea of the date
> December twenty-fifth as the day of Christmas. If you look at our evidence
> as to Christ's birth you will read from the bible, " And there where in the
> same country shepherds abiding in a field, keeping watch over their flock by
> night," In the dead of winter seems most unlikely.

Contemporary Climatology for Jerusalem, Israel
http://uk.weather.com/weather/climatology/ISXX0010?dayofyear=305

Average low December 6C or 40F and January 4C or 43F, so maybe one can't
dismiss the tending flock argument. But, this doesn't really prove
anything one way or the other.

And, 2000 years ago, it might have been a touch cooler from global
warming or a touch different because the local plant life was likely to
have been different than today.

Add or subtract about 5F for each 1000 ft. elevation difference between
Bethlehem and Jerusalem too.

Thanks for the posting.

Kurt Gavin

Dec 25, 2006, 7:08:18 PM12/25/06

"Jbuch" <jb...@revealed.net> wrote in message

> Kurt Gavin wrote:
>> This is a seasonal holiday that has been celebrated for thousands of
>> years - well before the christian myth started.
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/sisteroffortune/Saturnalia.htm
>>
>> Its seems that no one really ever gives a thought to the idea of the date
>> December twenty-fifth as the day of Christmas. If you look at our
>> evidence
>> as to Christ's birth you will read from the bible, " And there where in
>> the
>> same country shepherds abiding in a field, keeping watch over their flock
>> by
>> night," In the dead of winter seems most unlikely.
>
> Contemporary Climatology for Jerusalem, Israel
> http://uk.weather.com/weather/climatology/ISXX0010?dayofyear=305
>
> Average low December 6C or 40F and January 4C or 43F, so maybe one can't
> dismiss the tending flock argument. But, this doesn't really prove
> anything one way or the other.

Valid points. I think there may be some others factors in the myth narative
that point to it more likely describing May(?). I can't remember the
details, maybe somebody else can supply them.

In any case, the writers of the myth should have known what month he was
born - the lack of an important detail like that from a birth story is
another detraction from credibility, if they were writing about a real
person.

But, the date was picked by early xians to compete with then existing pagan
holidays which were seasonal, and had been going on probably not long after
mankind started engaging in agriculture, about 10,000 years ago.

It seems to me, that if they were writing about a real person, they should
have known his approxiamte birth time, and probably would have NOT have
changed such a supposedly important date just to usurp existing
celebrations.

Chris Malcolm

Dec 27, 2006, 5:22:57 AM12/27/06

The distinction between dated events and movable feasts is whether
they're dated according to the solar calendar, which in some earlier
societies was used to date civil events and agriculture, and the lunar
calendar, which in some earlier societies was used to date religious
or spiritual events. The solar calendar has twelve months and 365 days
in a year, and the occassional leap year to keep it synchronised with
the sun. The lunar calendar has 13 months of 28 days giving 364 days
and needs an extra day a year to bring it into line with the solar
calendar. Hence the common use of the phrase "a year and a day" in
legends and fairy stories to tell the reader that the events in
question concern the symbolic spiritual realm rather than the mundane
civil realm.

Xmas day is either the physical birthday of Jesus, which like all our
birthdays is a civil event in the mundane world, and is dated by the
solar calendar, or is an approximation to the midwinter solstice,
which is one of the determining events of the solar calendar. If so it
should be dated by the solar calendar.

Alternatively it's not a real event, it's part of a fairy story, an
allegory, which takes place in the symbolic spiritual world governed
by the year and day of the spiritual world, in which case, like
Christ's resurrection from the dead, it's a movable feast which should
follow the phases of the moon.

--
Chris Malcolm c...@infirmatics.ed.ac.uk DoD #205
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

Kurt Gavin

Dec 27, 2006, 3:59:01 PM12/27/06

"Chris Malcolm" <c...@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote in message

> In alt.support.diabetes Kurt Gavin <dontb...@ignore.com> wrote:
>
>> Having xmas on Sunday just a lot easier than having it on workdays.
>
>> From now on in the US we should have it on the last Sunday of Dec.
>
>> The 25th is not like an actual "date" of anything anyway, like the July
>> fourth is.
>
> The distinction between dated events and movable feasts is whether
> they're dated according to the solar calendar,

Nobody even knows if there was a real jesus or not. The fact that he is so
written about, yet nobody knew his birthday, suggests he is a "made-up"
character. We know Caesar's birthday, for instance.

Therefore, the whole celebrating "christmas" and separation of church and
state is easily dealt with by just having the winter solstice celebration on
a convenient day (third or fourth Sunday of December) and let the xian
mythology people call it xmas and the rest call it what it is- a seasonal
celebration.

Evergreens and yule logs and lights have always been used for winter
solstice celebrations.
Leave jesus/mary idols out, and no legal problems.