KIMAYA - sanskrit name meaning

SUDHANVA

May 6, 2012, 5:43:01 PM5/6/12
to samskrita
Namaskaar Samskrita folks,

We have been in email touch with you but were advised to post this
request to this group.

Is the name KIMAYA a Hindu Sanskrit name?
What is the meaning of the name KIMAYA?

We researched it and found it means DIVINE. However there are a few
that doubt this is a SANSKRIT NAME. We need clarification as we are
expecting our first baby and want to be sure before we select this as
a possible girl's name.

Thank you for your help with this.
With appreciation,
Geeta and Sudhanva Sharma

Hnbhat B.R.

May 6, 2012, 9:34:03 PM5/6/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
You can look into any Sanskrit Dictionary and if you cannot find in it, it need not be considered as Samskrit name. That is the easy ready reference. There are many online Sanskrit English Dictionaries which you can easily refer.

--
Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,

SUDHANVA

May 7, 2012, 2:33:44 AM5/7/12
to samskrita
Namaskaar Dr. Hari Narayana,

Thanks for your prompt reply. That has been the problem. Some online
dictionaries list it as a Sanskrit name meaning DIVINE. And yet,
others do not. Also we consulted with four priests in the New York
area -- each having a different idea of this name.

For example, the name SUDHANVA is a Sanskrit name that is NOT listed
in some Sanskrit dictionaries though we know it is.

And we also know that in certain communities (Marathi and Gujarati)
the name KIMAYA is given to girls. But again, as we are more
interested in SANSKRIT NAMES, we just want to check with you all. If
anyone else has thoughts on this, please advise. We would be most
thankful.

Peace from New York,
Geeta and Sudhanva Sharma

On May 6, 9:34 pm, "Hnbhat B.R." <hnbha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can look into any Sanskrit Dictionary and if you cannot find in it, it
> need not be considered as Samskrit name. That is the easy ready reference.
> There are many online Sanskrit English Dictionaries which you can easily
> refer.
>
> --
> *Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
> **Research Scholar,
> *

Arvind_Kolhatkar

May 7, 2012, 6:32:29 AM5/7/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I do not think that 'Kimaya' is a Sanskrit word.  It is not found in Monier-Williams.

As to the Online Dictionaries (more correctly name-suggesting websites) - and the perils of relying them - there have been several discussions in this group, which please see.

Most probably Kimaya is a derivative of of the Arabic word for Chemistry, which also gives 'Alchemy'. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy)

Arvind Kolhatkar, Toronto, May 07, 2012.

P.K.Ramakrishnan

May 7, 2012, 6:52:36 AM5/7/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Nor is it listed by Apte.

-----------------------------------
P.K.Ramakrishnan
http://peekayar.blogspot.com

May 7, 2012, 9:10:57 AM5/7/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
This is what the Wikipedia article cited above says for etymology of  'Kimaya'
<The word alchemy may derive from the Old French alquimie, which is from the Medieval Latin alchimia, and which is in turn from the Arabic al-kimia (الكيمياء)>

The word is used in Marathi in the sense of magic or sleight of hand.  Molesworth's Marathi-English Dictionary gives the following:
किमया (p. 167) [ kimayā ] m f ( P A) The art of transmuting the inferior metals into gold, alchemy. 2 fig. Any highly productive business, animal, machine &c.; a golden goose.

SUDHANVA

May 8, 2012, 1:43:56 AM5/8/12
to samskrita
Very helpful. I also heard that some names are HINDU NAMES but not
100% SANSKRIT NAMES.
The reasoning is that some books that list HINDU NAMES might list
names inspired by words from the HINDI LANGUAGE, which is not 100%
sanskrit.
Do you know anything about this?

Thanks Sir Kolhatkar -- really appreciate your reply and all the info
posted.
Peace,
Geeta and Sudhanva Sharma

On May 7, 9:10 am, Arvind_Kolhatkar <kolhatkar2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is what the Wikipedia article cited above says for etymology of
>  'Kimaya'
> <The word alchemy may derive from the Old French<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_French>
>  *alquimie*, which is from the Medieval Latin<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Latin>
>  *alchimia*, and which is in turn from the Arabic<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic>
>  *al-kimia* (الكيمياء)>
>
> The word is used in Marathi in the sense of magic or sleight of hand.
>  Molesworth's Marathi-English Dictionary gives the following:
> किमया (p. 167)<http://dsal.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/romadict.pl?page=96&table=molesworth...> [
> kimayā ] *m f* ( P A) The art of transmuting the inferior metals into gold,
> alchemy. 2 fig. Any highly productive business, animal, machine &c.; a *golden
> goose*.

murthy

May 8, 2012, 5:37:08 AM5/8/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Could it originate from "kim ayaH"?
Regards
Murthy
May 8, 2012, 11:38:57 AM5/8/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
To Sudhanva,

I am not able to understand the distinction that you are trying to draw between Hindu names, Sanskrit names and names inspired by the Hindi language.

The phenomenon, as I see it, is that young parents - of Indian origin - wish to give a name to their young kid which is evocative of the Old India/Sanskrit tradition.  They also wish, among other things, that the name should be 'novel', that is, not a conventional one.  This is perfectly understandable and laudable.  However, all such young parents may not have studied in depth the ancient literature of India or the Sanskrit language.

Such parents turn to 'name-suggesting' websites that have sprung up by the dozens, thanks to the internet.  The creators of such sites themselves may not be more equipped to suggest suitable names than the users of their sites.  These sites borrow from each other and, between themselves, produce a plethora of 'novel' names of doubtful provenance.  Such names, some of which are truly meaningless and even downright nonsensical, soon develop a momentum of their own and become standard.

(An example of the nonsensical is the girl's name 'Shleshma' श्लेष्मा.  Its meaning is 'nasal discharge or mucus'.  Whoever gave this name to his daughter did not worry about its meaning.  Enter this word in Google and you will meet dozens of  girls who are carrying this unfortunate name, oblivious to its meaning!)

Discussion along these lines may be seen under the thread 'Aarush' of June 10, 2011.

To Murthy,

Why invent the inelegant 'Kim ayaH', when a perfectly understandable etymology of 'Kimaya' from the Arabic 'al-kimiya' is available?

Arvind Kolhatkar, Toronto, May 08, 2012.

Nityanand Misra

May 8, 2012, 9:40:15 AM5/8/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Whether among Hindi speaking families or families speaking other Indian languages, there are a lot of common Hindu names that are not pure Sanskrit - they are either Tadbhava (तद्भव) forms of Sanskrit words (like Bimal in Hindi-speaking regions from Vimala, Karsandas in Gujarat from Kṛṣṇadāsa, Manogaran in Tamil Nadu from Manoahara, etc) or are what you call Deśaja (देशज) names like Munnelal in Hindi-speaking regions, Chiman/Chimanbhai in Gujarat, Basava in Karnataka, or Senthil in Tamil Nadu. More people are now shifting to pure Sanskrit names, especially in urban regions, and some are even adopting names from foreign languages, not to forget embellishing with the extra E, K or A for numerological reasons.

Nityānanda Miśra
Member, Advisory Council, Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University
Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh, India
http://nmisra.googlepages.com
http://jagadgururambhadracharya.org/jrhu/donate

|| आत्मा तत्त्वमसि श्वेतकेतो ||
(Thou art from/for/of/in That Ātman, O Śvetaketu)
     - Ṛṣi Uddālaka to his son, Chāndogyopaniṣad 6.8.7, The Sāma Veda

Nityanand Misra

May 8, 2012, 9:20:04 AM5/8/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Smt and Sh Sharma

Can you be more specific please? Which online dictionary lists it as a Sanskrit name? If it is one of the numerous name meaning sites, it may not be reliable and it would be better to consult some standard print or online Sanskrit dictionaries. Neither किमय/किमया nor किमाय/किमाया are listed in M Monier Williams', V S Apte's or Radhakant Dev Bahadur's dictionaries.

As far as Sudhanvaa is concerned, it is a very common Sanskrit word and it exists in most Sanskrit dictionaries. Sudhanvaa (सुधन्वा) is the nominative singular form of the base (प्रातिपादिक) Sudhanvan (सुधन्वन्). So in a Sanskrit dictionary you will find it under "Sudhanvan". Most Sanskrit dictionaries list the word, including Monier Williams and Apte (Apte lists it under the "Su" entry as -dhanvan or धन्वन्).

Thanks, Nityanand

Hnbhat B.R.

May 8, 2012, 10:10:02 PM5/8/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
As far as Sudhanvaa is concerned, it is a very common Sanskrit word and it exists in most Sanskrit dictionaries. Sudhanvaa (सुधन्वा) is the nominative singular form of the base (प्रातिपादिक) Sudhanvan (सुधन्वन्). So in a Sanskrit dictionary you will find it under "Sudhanvan". Most Sanskrit dictionaries list the word, including Monier Williams and Apte (Apte lists it under the "Su" entry as -dhanvan or धन्वन्).

"सुधन्वा खण्डपरशुर्दारुणो द्रविणप्रदः" is a by heart line of traditional Hindu family members who use सहस्रनाम recitation as part of their prayers. They even need not go to the dictionary to name their children or know its meaning as they are sure it is the name of God which is enough for them. So popular among the orthodox people of by gone millennium.

--
Dr. Hari Narayana Bhat B.R. M.A., Ph.D.,
Research Scholar,

SUDHANVA

May 8, 2012, 10:47:07 PM5/8/12
to samskrita
Hello again Sir Kolhatkar,

Thanks for your erudite response. Makes sense.

Question -- my name is SUDHANVA. When I put that name in Monier-
Williams Sanskrit Dictionary, it doesn't exist. But it appears in the
Vishnu Sahasranamam.

Also there are names of Gods and Goddesses which don't seem to appear
in the online Sanskrit dictionaries.

Is there a proper resource for finding Sanskrit words and names (such
as other names for various Gods/Goddesses) online?

And as to Mr. Murthy's point, we have been told that same thing by two
priests in the NY Area.
That KIMAYA originates from "kim ayaH"
and that there is another name KEEMAYA which means MIRACLE.
Again, I couldn't find this online hence our confusion.

Thanks to all for helping us -- in fact, we are MORE interested in the
meaning and it was when searching for words that meant DIVINE that we
found KIMAYA.

With appreciation,
Geeta and Sudhanva

Hnbhat B.R.

May 9, 2012, 10:34:15 AM5/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM, SUDHANVA <city...@salaamtheatre.org> wrote:
Hello again Sir Kolhatkar,

Thanks for your erudite response.  Makes sense.

Question -- my name is SUDHANVA.  When I put that name in Monier-
Williams Sanskrit Dictionary, it doesn't exist.  But it appears in the
Vishnu Sahasranamam.

You cannot get the inflected form from the dictionary. You should know the nominal stem and look for it in the dictionary and you will find. sudhanvan in many entries in the dictionary:

Also there are names of Gods and Goddesses which don't seem to appear
in the online Sanskrit dictionaries.

Is there a proper resource for finding Sanskrit words and names (such
as other names for various Gods/Goddesses) online?

Just look into this page containing names of Hindu Gods/Goddesses:

And as to Mr. Murthy's point, we have been told that same thing by two
priests in the NY Area.
That KIMAYA originates from "kim ayaH"
and that there is another name KEEMAYA which means MIRACLE.

But it is not a name of any God or Goddess but a stray phrase किम् अयः - is it iron? as I can understand as you had expected. They are two independent words.

Again, I couldn't find this online hence our confusion.

Now you can proceed with your names from the web.

Arvind_Kolhatkar

May 9, 2012, 1:25:59 PM5/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Sudhanva,

To answer your queries seriatim:

<When I put that name in Monier- illiams Sanskrit Dictionary, it doesn't exist.  But it appears in the Vishnu Sahasranamam. >

Dr Bhat has already answered this.  'Sudhanva' is the first case singular of the m. noun 'Sudhanvan.  The word does not appear in MW.  It appears in Apte as one of the words with 'su' (meaning 'good') as the prefix.  You will get it there if you scan through the long entry for 'su'.  Both these learned lexicographers expect the user to have a level of basic knowledge.  MW does not give the word as he presumes that the user can break the word down into its easily comprehended components that mean 'good' and 'bow' and work out the meaning from it.  Apte is a little more helpful since he actually does the breaking, but the user still has to know where to look for the word in the dictionary.

 <Also there are names of Gods and Goddesses which don't seem to appear in the online Sanskrit dictionaries. >

The same answer.  The user should have some idea as to where to look for the word.  All such names do have meanings.

<Is there a proper resource for finding Sanskrit words and names (such as other names for various Gods/Goddesses) online? >

I do not think there is any unified resource like this.  However, like विष्णुसहस्रनामस्तोत्र, there are नामस्तोत्रs for other gods that you may look up.  An informed acquaintance with epics like Ramayana and Mahabharata, Indian mythology, classical Sanskrit literature is helpful.

<we have been told that same thing by two priests in the NY Area. That KIMAYA originates from "kim ayaH" >

Ordinary priests are hardly an authoritative source for Sanskrit erudition.  Many such, found in Western countries are 'Sunday warriors'.  In my opinion, even professional priests do not know much beyond what they have learned by rote.  You only have to listen to their chants to judge for yourself how much out of what they chant they really understand.

to sum up, if you want to give the name 'Kimaya' to your to-be-born child, you may do so.  It is not a bad name in itself.  If you are looking for a modicum of 'Sanskritness' in it, then 'Kimaya' is not the name for you.

Arvind Kolhatkar, Toronto, May 09, 2012.

Nityanand Misra

May 9, 2012, 10:10:22 AM5/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com

1. Sudhanva does exist in Monier Williams under page 1225, you may want to first learn how to search Monier Williams in particular, and any Sanskrit dictionary in general. Many a time names are given under entry of the prefix as explained earlier.
http://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de/cgi-bin/monier/serveimg.pl?file=/scans/MWScan/MWScanjpg/mw1225-suduHzrava.jpg - see the entries "-dhanva" and "-dhanvan" in middle column (these are under the word "Su").

2. Please be specific, which names you did not find in which dictionary? Most likely it is because you did not search the right way.

3. I don't see how kim + ayah may mean a miracle, does not sound correct. You should ask your priests the same question if you are very keen on a Sanskrit name. Can they cite its usage in some ancient work or in any old or new dictionary?

4. Rather than Kimayaa, Kimaaya, Keemaya, and other variants, can you please spell the name in Devanagari instead of Latin characters.

dhaval patel

May 9, 2012, 11:57:08 PM5/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
To search MW for some words, kindly give a try to ADVANCED SEARCH.

Here you can enter any prefix, suffix or substring...

Just for example in this case u can enter "dhanva" in substring. It will throw u results including sudhanvan, hemadhanvan, kusumadhanvan etc.... (Select "all" in output)

Dr. Dhaval Patel

Hnbhat B.R.

May 10, 2012, 12:59:26 AM5/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Here is a topic discussed in our group how to read a dictionary:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/samskrita/9yGsspd7uTE/discussion

Hope this will be useful for further queries on new born names Sanskrit ones. Here ia the link for revised Edition of Practical Sanskrit Dictionary of VS Apte:

This is the one by AA Macdonel:

Monier Williams Dictionary is already given by Dr. Dhaval.

Yaajushi

May 10, 2012, 10:12:43 AM5/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
the simplest answer to ur query wud be - kimaya is not a sanskrit word. its meaning is 'miracle', and the word is borrowed from arabic into marathi.
that shud sum it all up.

the ensuing discussion was interesting, though :)

Life is beautiful.... always

Anand Ghurye

May 9, 2012, 1:49:12 AM5/9/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Arvindji ,

Here you  are assuming that the name Shleshma is given by Indian parents. Shleshma is quite a common name among Gorkhas or Nepalees . I do not know the meaning . But trans language bloopers are many . Like for say there is Murkh tailor in Bangkok , or the problem Mr. Lodge faces in India , or similarly Mr. Mule when abroad or the reason I use my name with accentuation marks .

Regards ,

Anand Ghúryé

Regards ,

Anand Ghurye

*Training*Development*Synectics
Space Page : 9820489416

Arvind_Kolhatkar

May 10, 2012, 11:23:29 PM5/10/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
A quick check with Google shows that there are definitely three 'ShleShmaas'- AdhikaarI, Dhakal and Bhadoriyaa. These persons are obviously of the type we are taking about.  None seem to be from non-Indic cultures.

What I have said apples equally to Nepal too.  After all they are 'Indic' enough to have adopted the national motto जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी।

Arvind Kolhatkar, Toronto, May 10, 2012.

SUDHANVA

May 12, 2012, 11:54:59 PM5/12/12
to samskrita
Namaskar.. We have learnt a lot from this discussion.. Thanks to all
for sharing your expertise in this area.. Baby is due arrive end of
this month.. We have more clarity now on how to proceed.. I am glad we
had this conversation..

Regards
Geeta & Sudhanva

SUDHANVA

May 13, 2012, 7:53:09 AM5/13/12
to samskrita
http://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de/mwquery/index.html

Good idea to use advanced search with prefix KIM.
Found some interesting info (inclluding a listing for kimmiya, kimaya,
etc).

Another name - KAMAYA. With what seems like a lovely meaning.
And does seem like PURE SANSKRIT.

Any thoughts?
Happy Mother's Day to one and all.

Arvind_Kolhatkar

May 13, 2012, 4:44:08 PM5/13/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Sudhanva,

If by KAMAYA you mean  कामया,  then it is the instrumental case (तृतीया विभक्ति in the language of grammar as taught in schools) of कामा (will).  कामया means 'at will' or 'by will' as in कामया ब्रूहि '(you may) speak at will'.  कामया is not a stand-alone noun and, in my view, is not appropriate as a name.

Nityanand Misra

May 13, 2012, 6:27:09 PM5/13/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Sudhanva Ji

No there is no listing for either "kimmiya" or "kimaya" in Monier Williams. Maybe you meant some other word? Would be better if you can type in Devnagari to be precise. Kāmaya (कामया) is either an indeclinable as Sh. Kolhatkar pointed out, or it can be explained on the lines of मृगया (कामं यात्यनया, काम + या + घञर्थे कः = कामया) to mean "the means of obtaining ones wishes", but again it is not commonly seen in Samskrita works.

If you are keen on a name consisting of the sounds k (क्), m (म्) and y (य्) in that order, may I suggest the name काम्या (Kāmyā)? It is a girl's name meaning "beautiful or agreeable" and also "wish or desire". Here is the meaning from M-W

काम्या

(H2) काम्य 2 [p= 273,3] [L=48377] mf()n. desirable , beautiful , amiable , lovely , agreeable RV. VS. R. ii , 25 , 9 ; v , 43 , 13 Ragh. vi , 30 S3a1ntis3. ii , 7 Bhartr2. iii , 40
[L=48378] to one's liking , agreeable to one's wish Ka1tyS3r. iv , 5 , 1 S3a1n3khS3r. iii , 11 , 5 A1s3vGr2. iv , 7
[L=48379] optional (opposed to नित्य or indispensable observance) , performed through the desire of some object or personal advantage (as a religious ceremony &c ) , done from desire of benefit or from interested motives Ka1tyS3r. xii , 6 , 15 A1s3vS3r. ii , 10 A1s3vGr2. iii , 6 Kaus3. 5 ChUp. v , 2 , 9 Mn. ii , 2 MBh. &c
(H2B) काम्या 2 [L=48380] f. N. of an अप्सरस् MBh. i , 4820 Hariv.
(H2B) काम्या 2 [L=48381] f. of several women VP.
(H2) काम्या [L=48396] f. wish , desire , longing for or striving after (gen. or in comp. e.g. पुत्र-काम्यया , through desire for a son R. i , 13 , 36 Ragh. i , 35)
[L=48397] will , purpose , intention (e.g. यत्-काम्य्/आ , irreg. instr. " with which intention " S3Br. iii , 9 , 3 , 4) Mn. MBh. R. Ragh. &c ; ([cf. Zd. khshathro1-ka1mya , " wish for dominion. "])

Hnbhat B.R.

May 14, 2012, 12:26:53 AM5/14/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Arvind_Kolhatkar <kolhat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sudhanva,

If by KAMAYA you mean  कामया,  then it is the instrumental case (तृतीया विभक्ति in the language of grammar as taught in schools) of कामा (will).  कामया means 'at will' or 'by will' as in कामया ब्रूहि '(you may) speak at will'.  कामया is not a stand-alone noun and, in my view, is not appropriate as a name.

The word seems Sanskrit if किमयः is Sanskrit name.

It can be कामाय - as in the Upanishat  आत्मनस्तु कामाय सर्व प्रियं भवति।" (संसार के प्रत्येक व्यक्ति को अपने सुख के लिए ही पत्नी, पुत्र व धन प्रिय होता है।)  The Bruhadaranyaka Upanishad.Now it appears in Upanishad itself and not only Sanskrit, but Vedic usage.

 स्त्रियमकृत विरूपां स्त्रीजितः कामयाम् Bhāg.1.47.17. R.19. 5; Ś.3. Here is the nominal declension of कामया found in the Apte's Dictionary aslong with the entries:\\

kāmayamāna कामयान kāmayāna कामयितृ kāmayitṛकामयमान कामयान कामयितृ a. Lustful, libidinous;

कामयाना also could be Sanskrit, with one letter added. So with all efforts, any name can be Sanskritized.

Nityanand Misra

May 15, 2012, 6:15:34 PM5/15/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Hnbhat B.R. <hnbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
 स्त्रियमकृत विरूपां स्त्रीजितः कामयाम् Bhāg.1.47.17. R.19. 5; Ś.3. Here is the nominal declension of कामया found in the Apte's Dictionary aslong with the entries:\\

Dr. Bhat, what does Bhāg.1.47.17 refer to? Is it the Devībhāgavatam? For the first Skandha of Srīmadbhāgavatam has only 19 or so chapters (as per http://bhagavata.org/canto1/c1-contents.html).

Also स्त्रियमकृत विरूपां स्त्रीजितः कामयाम् seems to be missing one syllable at the end - the 14 syllables sound like first 14 of Mālinī metre which has 15 syllables in the न न म य य Gaṇa order. There must be a metre with the न न म य ल ग but it is not commonly known.

Thank, Nityanand

Hnbhat B.R.

May 15, 2012, 10:22:05 PM5/15/12
to sams...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Nityanand Misra <nmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Hnbhat B.R. <hnbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
 स्त्रियमकृत विरूपां स्त्रीजितः कामयाम् Bhāg.1.47.17. R.19. 5; Ś.3. Here is the nominal declension of कामया found in the Apte's Dictionary aslong with the entries:\\

Dr. Bhat, what does Bhāg.1.47.17 refer to? Is it the Devībhāgavatam? For the first Skandha of Srīmadbhāgavatam has only 19 or so chapters (as per http://bhagavata.org/canto1/c1-contents.html).

Also स्त्रियमकृत विरूपां स्त्रीजितः कामयाम् seems to be missing one syllable at the end - the 14 syllables sound like first 14 of Mālinī metre which has 15 syllables in the न न म य य Gaṇa order. There must be a metre with the न न म य ल ग but it is not commonly known.

Thank, Nityanand

Thanks for pointing out the error. It was the error in the text entered in the dictionary itself online Apte: which was meant for the example of कामयाना in the feminine gender. But of the quoted source, no idea :

3. कामयमान kāmayamāna कामयान kāmayāna कामयितृ kāmayitṛ : (page 559)
kāmayamāna कामयान kāmayāna कामयितृ kāmayitṛकामयमान कामयान कामयितृ a. Lustful, libidinous; स्त्रियमकृत विरूपां स्त्रीजितः कामयाम् Bhāg.1.47.17. R.19. 5; Ś.3.

It is quoted in another source completely as following:

मृगयुरिव कपीन्द्रं विव्यधे लुब्धधर्मा
स्त्रियमकृत विरूपां स्त्रीजितः कामयानाम् ।
बलिमपि बलिमत्त्वावेष्टयद् ध्वाङ्क्षवद्य-
स्तदलमसितसख्यैर्दुस्त्यजस्तत्कथार्थः ॥

as I had noted in the last line to my previous message. The text was quoted in a document named  गौरगोविन्दार्चनापद्धतिः seemingly a चैतन्य cult text. It is found in उज्जवलनीलमणि also of रूपगोस्वामी. Now the meter is also perfectly मालिनी. It seems to be mistaken in the reference in the Bhagavata text also as I found it in another page as 10.47.7 which seems to be the perfect source as Bhāg.1.47.17 as in the vedabase.net also.

Thanks for the correction. Of the other abbreviations also no idea as they have not given the full form for the abbreviations of the quoted works.