Debian packages

Pere Urbón Bayes

Oct 17, 2006, 6:22:55 AM10/17/06
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hello to every body, I was trying to package sage for debian but first I
must ask if any one into the community is doing it?

Regards,

--
|---------------------------------------------------------------.--.
|Pere Urbón Bayes JabberID: pur...@jabber.org |o_o |
|E.T.S. d'Enginyeria. Autonomous University of Barcelona // \ \
|08193 Bellaterra, Cerdanyola del Valles (Catalonia) (| | )
|Tel: +34935813573 QC/2005 (Combinatoric and Coding Group) /'\_ _/`\
|-----------------------------------------------------------\___)=(___/

Frederic Lehobey

Oct 17, 2006, 6:38:15 AM10/17/06
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 12:22:55PM +0200, Pere Urbón Bayes wrote:

> Hello to every body, I was trying to package sage for debian but first I
> must ask if any one into the community is doing it?

Look at the thread starting from this message:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2006/10/msg00024.html

Best regards,
Frédéric Lehobey

David Joyner

Oct 17, 2006, 7:14:52 AM10/17/06
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Also, you should probably email Bobby Moretti (mor...@u.washington.edu)
for advice about this since he has put some thought and work into this.

Frederic Lehobey

Oct 17, 2006, 8:16:02 AM10/17/06
to mor...@u.washington.edu, sage-...@googlegroups.com, James McCaw
Hi,

For your information, several people have expressed interest in
packaging sage in Debian (see the link above). Nothing is structured
yet, but now, you know. :-)

Another thread on sage-devel:
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/c3d06d9fed57588f/4f53858133b6708d#4f53858133b6708d

Best regards,
Frédéric Lehobey

William Stein

Oct 17, 2006, 11:34:19 AM10/17/06
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 03:22:55 -0700, Pere Urbón Bayes <pur...@deic.uab.cat>
wrote:

> Hello to every body, I was trying to package sage for debian but first I
> must ask if any one into the community is doing it?

Yes, this been a topic of discussion recently. Here's an email from
somebody
else whose doing this: