Could not open socket

jetpac

Feb 26, 2008, 5:16:44 PM2/26/08
to reCAPTCHA
I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. I installed reCAPTCHA for
the guestbook on a website that I'm working on, but every time I try
to use it since I installed it, it says "Could not open socket" I'm
using PHP, and my hosting service is GoDaddy. As for the actual code,
I literally copied it directly from the walkthrough on recaptcha.net
(substituting my own public and private keys, of course). Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Here's site where I am trying to use it, if that helps:
http://www.malverneschoolofmusic.com/guestbook.php

Paul Herring

Feb 26, 2008, 6:07:54 PM2/26/08
to reca...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM, jetpac <jetpac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. I installed reCAPTCHA for
> the guestbook on a website that I'm working on, but every time I try
> to use it since I installed it, it says "Could not open socket"

Either of these any use?

http://groups.google.com/group/recaptcha/browse_thread/thread/ea4ea0db24a85bb2

http://groups.google.com/group/recaptcha/browse_thread/thread/2e987d36e818cac4/a2959d86e2581c1f?#a2959d86e2581c1f

If not, there are a few other threads that come up on a search - let
us know which you try and which don't/work for you.

--
PJH

http://shabbleland.myminicity.com

jetpac

Feb 26, 2008, 10:32:26 PM2/26/08
to reCAPTCHA
I tried the second one already, but when I looked at the lib file, it
seemed like that had already been done. I'm not sure how to disable
firewalls and such with GoDaddy, but I'll make sure to dig around a
bit more.

On Feb 26, 6:07 pm, "Paul Herring" <pauljherr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM, jetpac <jetpacmon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  I'm not exactly sure what's going on here.  I installed reCAPTCHA for
> >  the guestbook on a website that I'm working on, but every time I try
> >  to use it since I installed it, it says "Could not open socket"
>
> Either of these any use?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/recaptcha/browse_thread/thread/ea4ea0d...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/recaptcha/browse_thread/thread/2e987d3...

jetpac

Feb 29, 2008, 3:10:40 PM2/29/08
to reCAPTCHA
Alright, I found the problem, but I'm not completely sure I understand
how to use the solution. GoDaddy says that I need to run anything
going to outside servers through their proxy. Here's an example of
how they say to do it:
http://help.godaddy.com/article/289

So, how do I use that to make reCAPTCHA work?