2-6, 6-3, 6-2 GOAT

Giovanna

Oct 22, 2010, 4:20:14 PM10/22/10
VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!~~

Sakari Lund

Oct 22, 2010, 5:14:33 PM10/22/10
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:20:14 -0700 (PDT), Giovanna
<giova...@bol.com.br> wrote:

>VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!~~

Hmm, would have been nice for Jarkko if the opponents had changed from
S�derling and Federer to Mayer and Wawrinka. But then again, with his
form now he will beat Fed too... unless Ljubicic beats Fed...

H2H Jarkko - Berdych before this week 0-4
This week 6-1, 6-4

H2H Jarkko - Blake before this week 0-6
This week 6-0, 6-2

H2H Jarkko - Fed before this week 0-11
This week...

TT

Oct 22, 2010, 5:16:25 PM10/22/10

Sakari Lund wrote:

0-12...

--
"I am no more a witch than you are a wizard, and if you take away my
life God will give you blood to drink"

Vari L. Cinicke

Oct 22, 2010, 5:18:33 PM10/22/10

:) I know Federer could be said to be struggling in 2010 and he *is*
old. But if Nieminen can win Federer (as some Europeans like to phrase
it) this week, he can be justly proud.

--
Cheers,

vc

Sakari Lund

Oct 22, 2010, 5:30:04 PM10/22/10
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:18:33 -0400, "Vari L. Cinicke"
<varie...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 10/22/2010 5:14 PM, Sakari Lund wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:20:14 -0700 (PDT), Giovanna
>> <giova...@bol.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>> VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!~~
>>
>> Hmm, would have been nice for Jarkko if the opponents had changed from
>> S�derling and Federer to Mayer and Wawrinka. But then again, with his
>> form now he will beat Fed too... unless Ljubicic beats Fed...
>>
>> H2H Jarkko - Berdych before this week 0-4
>> This week 6-1, 6-4
>>
>> H2H Jarkko - Blake before this week 0-6
>> This week 6-0, 6-2
>>
>> H2H Jarkko - Fed before this week 0-11
>> This week...
>>

>:) I know Federer could be said to be struggling in 2010 and he *is*
>old.

But Jarkko is a few weeks older...

>But if Nieminen can win Federer (as some Europeans like to phrase
>it) this week, he can be justly proud.

I don't know if he can do it, and he could lose to Mayer before that,
but it has just been amazing to watch his matches these last weeks.
With his new coach he has found a game that makes you wonder why did
he play the Andy Murray pushing game all these years. He has had short
moments like this before, but now it is consistent in all matches. The
serve is a whole new weapon, the whole game is aggressive, but
error-free, he looks very confident, the defense is still great when
needed, he is as fast as ever. The guys have hardly been able to win
games against him. Great stuff!

TT

Oct 22, 2010, 5:32:22 PM10/22/10

But he's an old man?

Sakari Lund

Oct 22, 2010, 5:35:36 PM10/22/10

Yes, this is why it is very surprising. Everyone had written him off
already. It is a similar case with Melzer earlier this year, who is
same age.

John Doe

Oct 22, 2010, 5:55:23 PM10/22/10
Sakari Lund <sakari.lund welho.com> wrote:

> Giovanna <giovanapel bol.com.br> wrote:
>
>> VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!~~
>
> Hmm, would have been nice for Jarkko if the opponents had
> changed from S�derling and Federer to Mayer and Wawrinka. But
> then again, with his form now he will beat Fed too... unless
> Ljubicic beats Fed...

Not if Roger Federer is playing in his old form...

> H2H Jarkko - Berdych before this week 0-4
> This week 6-1, 6-4
>
> H2H Jarkko - Blake before this week 0-6
> This week 6-0, 6-2
>
> H2H Jarkko - Fed before this week 0-11
> This week...

"Nobody beats Nieminen 12 times in a row!"

Vari L. Cinicke

Oct 22, 2010, 6:01:31 PM10/22/10

You have made me curious enough to make me want to watch his next match.

--
Cheers,

vc

Sakari Lund

Oct 22, 2010, 6:10:01 PM10/22/10
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:01:31 -0400, "Vari L. Cinicke"
<varie...@gmail.com> wrote:

I hope he doesn't play really badly tomorrow, and I don't think he
will. No reason why the great form would end all of a sudden.

felangey

Oct 22, 2010, 11:01:07 PM10/22/10
>But if Nieminen can win Federer (as some Europeans like to phrase it)<

...they do? The only time I have heard this is from pre-school kids that
don't understand 'beat' yet.

jdeluise

Oct 23, 2010, 12:28:01 AM10/23/10

I think Vari is referring to Sakari's use of it the other day. He's
no pre-schooler:)

felangey

Oct 23, 2010, 12:39:09 AM10/23/10
>I think Vari is referring to Sakari's use of it the other day. He's
no pre-schooler<

Ah...soz....'wwwoooosh!'. :)

Vari L. Cinicke

Oct 23, 2010, 8:50:44 AM10/23/10

I am sure I have heard many French players including Gasquet and Monfils
use that in interviews. It is just one of those artifacts of thinking in
one language and speaking in another that I tend to ignore.

--
Cheers,

vc

Vari L. Cinicke

Oct 23, 2010, 9:34:34 AM10/23/10

Mayer beat him to the punch more often than not down the stretch and
Nieminen's 2nd serve still seems a liability.

Nieminen was playing with more aggression than in the past but was too
erratic. When Nieminen strings together a couple of those great
performances that you saw in tournament finals, we will all take notice.

--
Cheers,

vc

Ali Asoag

Oct 23, 2010, 11:02:52 AM10/23/10

Are you sure?

--
Say, how dumb are you, Whisper? Probably you are so dumb that you
can't realize that you are dumb.

Ali Asoag

Oct 23, 2010, 11:04:58 AM10/23/10
On 10/22/2010 3:18 PM, Vari L. Cinicke wrote:
> But if Nieminen can win Federer (as some Europeans like to phrase it)

The Germans for sure don't say someone wins someone else. They say "win
against" or "beat".

Sakari Lund

Oct 24, 2010, 12:37:03 PM10/24/10

Links? Cannot have happened. I learnt that so thoroughly at least 10
years ago in rst (in addition to having learned that much earlier),
that I never make that mistake.

Sakari Lund

Oct 24, 2010, 12:43:57 PM10/24/10
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 09:34:34 -0400, "Vari L. Cinicke"
<varie...@gmail.com> wrote:

I saw the match until 4-3 in the 1st set. Then I left for a very nice
weekend away, including 4 hours playing tennis. Even before the match
the commentator correctly pointed out that this will be a very
different match for Jarkko than the two previous matches against Blake
and Berdych. These two are hard hitters, according to the commentator
playing Mayer is like playing Santoro. That is an exaggeration, but in
the early games it was indeed very different. He wasn't able to play
similar aggressive game against Mayer. Also I just read his comments,
where he also said he didn't serve as well in that match.

jdeluise

Oct 24, 2010, 2:41:55 PM10/24/10

Sakari Lund

Oct 24, 2010, 2:50:28 PM10/24/10
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 18:41:55 GMT, "jdeluise" <jdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Geez... And as much I have corrected others about that... I think the
reason is that first I use win correctly, and then somehow use it
right after it again. Maybe even I was going to say "having won
tougher matches" or something.