Indians hit by racist chants on Boxing Day Test day 2

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2007, 11:54:06 PM12/27/07
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22978621-661,00.html

As was expected, the Australian public has once again started the
racist abuse. Same story repeats every tour.

Quoting from the artilce:
AUSTRALIAN cricket fans racially taunted Indian supporters at the MCG
yesterday despite Cricket Australia's zero-tolerance policy.

And police and security staff did not eject any fans despite the
Australian supporters shouting "Show us your visas, show us your
visas" at their Indian counterparts and being within metres of the
potentially explosive incident.

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 12:32:50 AM12/28/07
Looks like the Aussie media chose to ignore this incident too.
Just a single news report till now.
Talk of double standards.

kethe...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 12:46:00 AM12/28/07
it was an exemplary performance by the new australians who
demonstrated the drunken donkies how to behave.

some of the idiots fail to realise that it doesn't take that much for
the others to respond.

my father used to tell me, "if you want to fight the pigs you have to
jump in the mud too".

but, there is a limit, right?

Yorker

Dec 28, 2007, 1:42:09 AM12/28/07

<cric...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Looks like the Aussie media chose to ignore this incident too.
> Just a single news report till now.
> Talk of double standards.

Not one of the Australian fans on this newsgroup commented
in this thread either.

The same racist mofos who attacked the whole of India
during the monkey chants incident.

I am posting the entire content of the column link you posted so
the text is available for this newsgroup readers even if the newspaper
link expires in the future.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22978621-661,00.html

Indians hit by racist chants on Boxing Day Test day 2

AUSTRALIAN cricket fans racially taunted Indian supporters at the MCG
yesterday despite Cricket Australia's zero-tolerance policy.

And police and security staff did not eject any fans despite the Australian
supporters shouting "Show us your visas, show us your visas" at their Indian
counterparts and being within metres of the potentially explosive incident.

Indian fans spoken to by the Herald Sun described the chant as "offensive,
ugly and racist".

One said the chant created "a potentially explosive situation".

They were backed by Australian fans who said that those responsible should
have been thrown out of the ground.

"That is racist," said Heath Robbins, 22, of Geelong.

"It is attacking a person's country and they should be kicked out of the
ground as they should for any offensive behaviour to any other people," he
said.

The Herald Sun was interviewing Mr Robbins and his friend Kirk Matheson, 20,
who were in the old Bay 13 area when the chant went up.

Up until the chant began, there had been good-natured banter between the two
groups but the Indians' mood changed when the "visa" taunt started.

More than 100 Indian supporters sat stony-faced and silent during the chant.

Numerous supporters said they were offended by the taunt, branding it
racist.

"Everyone feels offended when they are attacked on the basis of their
residency or where we came from," said an Indian supporter, who asked not to
be named.

Another said: "It is racist and yes we are offended.

"It is really lucky that it stopped and nothing happened because it was an
explosive situation.

"Besides, we have Australian residency and we are Australian citizens."

Cricket Australia officials and police investigated the incident, with extra
security staff and police being dispatched to the old Bay 13 section.

Insp Bob Hill said a police senior-sergeant was sent to the area to
investigate the incident.

"The Indian fans interviewed said they were not offended by the chant so
there was no need for anyone to be ejected," Insp Hill said.

Cricket Australia spokesman Peter Young said no action could be taken
against those involved in the chant because it was not reported to police or
security, despite them being within metres of those responsible.

"Police have confirmed the chant took place and conducted extensive
interviews with both Indian and Australian supporters and they did not find
anyone who was offended," Mr Young said.

"But we urge anyone who considers comments to be racist to report them to
police and security staff. Racism is in the eye of the beholder."

Mr Young refused to brand the visa taunt racist, despite the Herald Sun
telling him several Indian supporters had been offended.

The incident follows a promise by Cricket Australia that racist taunts would
not be tolerated and that those using them could be banned from the MCG for
life.

It also comes after two men dressed as Indians became the first victims of
the anti-racism campaign on Boxing Day when their sign -- which said
"Supporting India from every corner of the globe", accompanied by a 7-Eleven
logo -- was confiscated by police.

Some 63 people were ejected from yesterday's crowd of 44,691.

Another eight were arrested for being drunk and two charged with assault on
another patron.

This follows 113 ejections and 11 arrests on the opening day.

Yorker

Dec 28, 2007, 1:47:54 AM12/28/07

<kethe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>it was an exemplary performance by the new australians who
>>demonstrated the drunken donkies how to behave.

Drunken "racists"

>>some of the idiots fail to realise that it doesn't take that much for
>>the others to respond.

>>my father used to tell me, "if you want to fight the pigs you have to
>>jump in the mud too".

Mature people use appropriate adages to the appropriate situation.

In this case what your father told you doesnt apply.

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 2:02:35 AM12/28/07
> Mature people use appropriate adages to the appropriate situation.

Talk of maturity coming from you Yorker - just one day after you told
somebody to "die" because you thought they're a "cunt".

Yorker

Dec 28, 2007, 2:14:40 AM12/28/07

"Dave -Turner" <n...@no.no> wrote in message

>> Mature people use appropriate adages to the appropriate situation.
>
> Talk of maturity coming from you Yorker - just one day after you told
> somebody to "die" because you thought they're a "cunt".

Racist Dave Turner,

As usual you avoided making comment about the actual topic of the
thread ie AUSTRALIAN RACISM.

You guys learn the art of CUNNING, LYING, SPINNING and
DECEPTION the moment you are BORN.

If it satisfies your twisted mind, here it is one more time.

I told "dechuka" the racist to die since its a "racist cunt"

Now since that has been taken care of, would you comment
on AUSTALIAN RACISTS abusing Indians in the crowd ?

I am posting the entire content of the column link you posted so
the text is available for this newsgroup readers even if the newspaper
link expires in the future.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22978621-661,00.html

Indians hit by racist chants on Boxing Day Test day 2

AUSTRALIAN cricket fans racially taunted Indian supporters at the MCG

yesterday despite Cricket Australia's zero-tolerance policy.

And police and security staff did not eject any fans despite the Australian
supporters shouting "Show us your visas, show us your visas" at their Indian
counterparts and being within metres of the potentially explosive incident.

Indian fans spoken to by the Herald Sun described the chant as "offensive,

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 2:36:58 AM12/28/07
> Racist Dave Turner,
I'M racist ????? What does that make you then, a neo-nazi ???

> As usual you avoided making comment about the actual topic of the
> thread ie AUSTRALIAN RACISM.

Geez, you aren't racist are you.

> You guys learn the art of CUNNING, LYING, SPINNING and
> DECEPTION the moment you are BORN.

Nope, no racism from you.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND GROW UP, YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST RACIST PEOPLE IN THIS
ENTIRE NEWSGROUP. Not to mention seemingly the most immature.

Yorker

Dec 28, 2007, 2:43:20 AM12/28/07

>> Racist Dave Turner,
> I'M racist ????? What does that make you then, a neo-nazi ???

Stupid racist Dave Turner,

I am not a white guy to be a neo-nazi.

>> As usual you avoided making comment about the actual topic of the
>> thread ie AUSTRALIAN RACISM.
> Geez, you aren't racist are you.

As usual you avoided making comment about the actual topic of the

thread ie AUSTRALIAN RACISM in Melbourne Cricket ground.

STOP hyjacking this thread about AUSTRALIAN RACISM.

>> You guys learn the art of CUNNING, LYING, SPINNING and
>> DECEPTION the moment you are BORN.
> Nope, no racism from you.

I was NOT in Melbourne Cricket Ground where AUSTRALIANS
RACIALLY ABUSED Indians.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22978621-661,00.html

> OPEN YOUR EYES AND GROW UP, YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST RACIST PEOPLE IN THIS

> ENTIRE NEWSGROUP. Not to mention seemingly the most immature.

You can shout and scream all you want, but the FACT remains you
are a CUNNING, SPINNING, LYING RACIST.

WHEN WILL YOU CONDEMN this AUSTRALIAN RACISM, Dave ?

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 3:00:44 AM12/28/07
whinge whinge racist fucking whinge. Grow up and stop being so fucking
racist and childish. Come back when you're 13.

Yorker

Dec 28, 2007, 3:12:30 AM12/28/07

> whinge whinge racist fucking whinge. Grow up and stop being so fucking
> racist and childish. Come back when you're 13.

Racist Dave Turner,

As usual you avoided making comment about the actual topic of the
thread ie AUSTRALIAN RACISM in Melbourne Cricket ground.

You can shout and scream all you want, but the FACT remains you

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 3:16:37 AM12/28/07
> WHEN WILL YOU CONDEMN this AUSTRALIAN RACISM, Dave ?

I condemn ALL racism you dickhead. You're the only one carrying on in a
racist and fucking childish manner here.

Please, keep digging yourself a hole - you've already demonstrated how
racist you are towards Australians.

Yorker

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 10:53:21 AM12/28/07
On Dec 28, 2:22 am, "Yorker" <Yor...@Yorker.com> wrote:
> "Dave -Turner" <n...@no.no> wrote in message

Here is another report of the racist chants against Indian spectators
at MCG

http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2007/dec/28racism.htm

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 11:03:47 AM12/28/07

<cric...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Why are you telling me? I've already said I condone all racism.

In any crowd there's always going to be a small minority of idiots who drink
too many warm beers and get carried away and behave like dickheads. It
happened in India and it'll still happen in Australia despite the new
heavier crackdown. I just hope they get caught and ejected from the ground,
at the least.

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 11:14:08 AM12/28/07
On Dec 28, 10:03 am, "Dave -Turner" <n...@no.no> wrote:
> <cricbu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Dec 28, 2:22 am, "Yorker" <Yor...@Yorker.com> wrote:
> >> "Dave -Turner" <n...@no.no> wrote in message

> Why are you telling me? I've already said I condone all racism.

I replied to the previous post. I wasn't telling it to you
specifically.

> In any crowd there's always going to be a small minority of idiots who drink
> too many warm beers and get carried away and behave like dickheads. It
> happened in India and it'll still happen in Australia despite the new
> heavier crackdown. I just hope they get caught and ejected from the ground,
> at the least.

True.

When it happened in India, the whole Aussie media was quick to pounce
on that news. Look at their response when it happened in their own
backyard. Just 1 report in the entire Aussie print media.

Rodney Ulyate

Dec 28, 2007, 11:19:14 AM12/28/07
cric...@gmail.com squealed:

"Show us your visas"? Well, now! That's about as abjectly racist as it
gets!

The monkey hymns, Lehmann's slur, Jones's quip and the apartheid
doctrine all pale into hollow insignificance by comparison with this
outrage.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"I was never in the same parish, let alone the same street."
Bill Lockwood on his favourite bowler, Surrey team-mate Tom
Richardson

Rodney Ulyate

Dec 28, 2007, 11:27:05 AM12/28/07
cric...@gmail.com proffered:

That piece details exactly the same occurrence in almost exactly the
same way, rendering your attempt at compounding it little more effective
than Chris Martin's forward defence.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"In my day, 58 beers between London and Sydney would have virtually
classified you as a teetotaller."
Ian Chappell on hearing of David Boon's downing 58 beers on the
flight to England in 1989

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 11:36:32 AM12/28/07
On Dec 28, 10:19 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Show us your visas"? Well, now! That's about as abjectly racist as it
> gets!
>
> The monkey hymns, Lehmann's slur, Jones's quip and the apartheid
> doctrine all pale into hollow insignificance by comparison with this
> outrage.

The issue at hand is not to compare this with other racism laded
insults thrown regularly by the Australian public, but to condemn it
for what it is - RACISM.

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 12:36:16 PM12/28/07
The media has already highly publicised that anybody caught making racist
taunts will be ejected from the ground and possibly be subject to a lifetime
ban.

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 12:51:33 PM12/28/07

Yes, they did a good job by publicizing the policy against such
offenders. But they've kept quiet at the REAL INCIDENT.

They were quick to laud the spectators and the administrators after
Day 1.
http://news.theage.com.au/test-match-crowd-on-best-behaviour/20071226-1j0z.html

_________
As per the Herald Sun report:
Cricket Australia administrator Mr Young refused to brand the visa

taunt racist, despite the Herald Sun telling him several Indian
supporters had been offended.

Some 63 people were ejected from yesterday's crowd of 44,691. Another

eight were arrested for being drunk and two charged with assault on
another patron. This follows 113 ejections and 11 arrests on the
opening day.

__________

Police has done a good job to curb this hooligan behaviour.

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 1:01:09 PM12/28/07
Often though its those dickheads that are seeking attention so I'm not sure
if publicising their actions would help in any way. I'd much rather see them
get kicked out of the ground and possibly banned rather than having their
actions published in a newspaper because in many cases that's giving them
the attention they deserve.

And I'm not talking about just here in Australia but anywhere -- take the
last tour to India for example where racist tauns against Symonds were what
instigated this crackdown in the tour to Australia. Initially it was just a
few idiots calling Symonds a monkey but then the media caught onto it and
blew it up beyond proportion - even Symonds thought it was, and because of
that even more people starting calling him monkey.

Sometimes I think the media has to draw the line between reporting an
incident and feeding fuel to the fire.

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 1:46:46 PM12/28/07

Those are some very wise words Dave, and I agree with what you have
said.

But I don't think that this is the reason why the Australian media
isn't talking about these racist taunts against the Indians. I
believe that they'll brush aside all such considerations if this
happens against Australia.

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 2:38:02 PM12/28/07
It's refreshing to talk to somebody who can actually discuss these issues in
a mature and civil manner. I agree things aren't perfect at the moment and a
lot more still needs to be done.

Racism is unfortunately something that I don't think can ever be stamped out
of sport 100% because when you get 50,000+ people together there's always
going to be at least one or two idiots, but things can still improve, and I
think that Cricket Australia has taken a positive step in the right
direction, even if the enforcement in this first test hasn't been as strong
as it possibly could've been.

Hopefully things will be learnt from this MCG test and hopefully applied in
the upcoming test. Whether the media report on such incidents or not I'm
still not sure if that's the right way to go, but ejecting these idiots and
possibly banning them is without doubt a step in the right direction.

But let's not lose sight of the bigger picture - the fact that these racist
idiots are a SMALL MINORITY and DO NOT represent the feelings of the vast
majority when they cowardly yell out abuse to visiting players.

I hope you get to enjoy the rest of the test match and have a safe and happy
New Year with your friends and family

Cheers,
Dave

Andy Leighton

Dec 28, 2007, 3:00:52 PM12/28/07
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 01:03:47 +0900, Dave -Turner <n...@no.no> wrote:

><cric...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Dec 28, 2:22 am, "Yorker" <Yor...@Yorker.com> wrote:
>>> "Dave -Turner" <n...@no.no> wrote in message
>>

>> Here is another report of the racist chants against Indian spectators
>> at MCG
>>
>> http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2007/dec/28racism.htm
>
> Why are you telling me? I've already said I condone all racism.

Don't you mean condemn?

--
Andy Leighton => an...@azaal.plus.com
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 3:01:42 PM12/28/07
On Dec 28, 1:38 pm, "Dave -Turner" <n...@no.no> wrote:
> But let's not lose sight of the bigger picture - the fact that these racist
> idiots are a SMALL MINORITY and DO NOT represent the feelings of the vast
> majority when they cowardly yell out abuse to visiting players.

Individuals who generalize this incident to the point fingers on the
Australian people in general are no less racists themselves (and
stupid too). In my previous posts too, I never issued a blanket
statement condemning the people. As you mentioned in your post, there
are bound to be some stray elements among the 50,000+ spectators that
thronged the MCG.

My posts were always focussed on the attention (rather the lack of it)
that the Australian media chose to give to this story. No sooner I
posted it, some people started flaming me with stupid replies.

> I hope you get to enjoy the rest of the test match and have a safe and happy New Year > with your friends and family

Thanks for the wishes. It's always a pleasure to watch test matches in
Australia. You're always guaranteed of a result and the play never
gets boring.
Wish you, your family and all the RSCers a Happy New Year.

sdavmor

Dec 28, 2007, 3:03:25 PM12/28/07
Andy Leighton wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 01:03:47 +0900, Dave -Turner <n...@no.no> wrote:
>> <cric...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Here is another report of the racist chants against Indian spectators
>>> at MCG
>>>
>>> http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2007/dec/28racism.htm
>> Why are you telling me? I've already said I condone all racism.
>
> Don't you mean condemn?

Maybe he really meant condom.
--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man

Rodney Ulyate

Dec 28, 2007, 3:23:46 PM12/28/07
cric...@gmail.com whimpered:

How in the name of violaceous turkeys does the demand "Show us your
visas!" constitute racism?

--
Rodney Ulyate

"I want no more of that fourth-form behaviour."
Douglas Jardine scolds an exuberant Walter Robins

sdavmor

Dec 28, 2007, 3:50:55 PM12/28/07
Rodney Ulyate wrote:
> cric...@gmail.com whimpered:
>> On Dec 28, 10:19 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> "Show us your visas"? Well, now! That's about as abjectly
>>> racist as it gets! The monkey hymns, Lehmann's slur, Jones's
>>> quip and the apartheid doctrine all pale into hollow
>>> insignificance by comparison with this outrage.
>> The issue at hand is not to compare this with other racism laded
>> insults thrown regularly by the Australian public, but to condemn
>> it for what it is - RACISM.
>
> How in the name of violaceous turkeys does the demand "Show us your
> visas!" constitute racism?

Don't be so thick, Rodney! Of course it's racism. Racism of the most
feeble kind, but what can you expect of minds that can only dream up
"show us your visas" as an insult? I bet it wasn't directed at any
{NZ, RSA, Brit, etc} white-ish cricket fans. Ergo, as pee-brained an
insult as it is (on par intellectually with "yer mutha wears army
boots!"), it's still racism.

Apparently these naughty Indian tourists are much cleverer than the
dunces hurling the weenie IQ insult, because they got into the country
illegally to see test cricket, managing to outsmart the customs and
immigration officers. Which is of course making these bozos both angry
and jealous.

Either that or the vocal yahoos have all been turned down for VISA
cards and want to see if any of the Indian tourists have one with
which the MCG crowd can run a massive bar-tab. Just misunderstood
in their welcome, you see.

All kidding aside, the people that have traveled to Oz to support
their team should be able to do so in peace and safety. There's always
a few jackasses spoiling every large sporting event you can name,
anywhere in the world, particularly once their heroism is fueled by
one too many beers. The best one can hope for is that the authorities
find and eject them as soon as they open their ignorant mouths,
preventing them from raising their skinnny fists to the skies.

Husband of All Americans

Dec 28, 2007, 4:04:35 PM12/28/07

"Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message

JEW HATING FBI n PSYCHOPATH n RACIST Rodney Ulyate,

Why dont you STOP SPINNING and CONDEMN the ACTUAL
INCIDENT of AUSTRALIANS RACIALLY ABUSING Indians
in the crowd ?

You are NO CRICKET EXPERT. Your EXPERTIZE is ONLY IN
TORTURING HUMAN BEINGS on THIS PLANET in EVERY NOOK
and CORNER.

Meet me anywhere, anytime of your choice.

We will go at each other with the SAME WEAPON...38 caliber Glock......

Are you game FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATH "Rodney Ulyate" ?

Your PATHETIC ATTEMPTS to NEUTRALIZE my
EXPOSURE of YOU YESTERDAY with these normal
cricket comments today is MILDLY AMUSING at BEST.

I KNOW and YOU KNOW I wont be able to TRACE
your comments back to the REAL YOU even if I can
get an GUTSY ATTORNEY to FIGHT YOU FBI n NSA
PSYCHOPATHS.

But there is ONLY ONE REAL MAN in America that turned the
MOST POWERFUL ENTITIES on earth ie FBI n NSA into
COMPLETE IMPOTENTS that too PUBLICLY.

I can see the FRUSTRATION and DEPRESSION of all you FBI and
NSA PSYCHOPATHS and RACISTS being exposed to the world.

Nothing is gonna change your status of an FBI n NSA agent pussy.

Keep your undercover agent pussy ready so I can fuck you tonight.

Shall I remind the rest of the world how YOU FBI n NSA
PSYCHOPATHS ABUSE blacks as NIGGERS, browns as
SAND NIGGERS, Mexicans as MEXCREMENT and USA
as "JewNITED STATES OF AMERICA" ?

Shall I also remind the rest of the world how YOU FBI n NSA
PSYCHOPATHS and RACISTS LOVE HITLER and NAZIS
and HATE ISRAEL and JEWS ?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.privacy/msg/238657d378a212ff?hl=en&

Your husband and
Husband of all FBI n NSA agents

To all the readers here,

I already told you these FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATHS HATE
JEWS, BLACKS, BROWNS and HISPANICS and now you
have the PROOF.

These FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATHS and RACISTS BLAMED
FLOURIDATION POISONING on JEWS TOO.....
Just read the subject title in this link.......

Flouridation a JEW SCHEME ?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.activism/msg/879cd0abaee2f263

But dont get too excited thinking that these EVIL FBI n NSA
PSYCHOPATHS wont TORTURE WHITE CHRISTIANS.

Some of the TORTURE VICTIMS are HIGHLY EDUCATED
WHITE CHRISTIANS namely Dr Robert Dunford, Mr Derrick
Robinson and Ms Susan Sayler for example. All of these WHITE
CHRISTIAN TORTURE VICTIMS live in USA.

I also know some WHITE CHRISTIAN TORTURE VICTIMS in
ENGLAND and other parts of EUROPE. Will post their names
LATER.....

You, your wife and kids will be SECRETLY EMBEDDED with
nanotechnology based SYNTHETIC TELEPATHY CHIPS and
PSYCHO-ELECTRONIC WEAPONS in the near future IF NOT already
even if YOU CONTINUALLY SUCK these FBI and NSA
PSYCHOPATHS DICKS like Rodney Ulyate, MacJoubert, John Winthrop,
Diggler, arahim etc.

Its ONLY a MATTER OF TIME before EVERY HUMAN BEING will
be FORCED to HAVE NANOTECHNOLOGY based SYNTHETIC
TELEPATHY chips and their PRIVATE THOUGHTS MONITORED
by FBI and NSA COMPUTERS which can READ and DECIPHER
in about 15 - 30 seconds.

FORGET FREEDOM OF SPEECH.......No body will have
FREEDOM OF "THOUGHT" any more just like I didnt for the
last 6 years.

MI-5, MI-6 are ALSO INVOLVED in these MIND CONTROL,
MIND MANIPULATION TORTURES and PSYCHO-ELECTRONIC
WEAPON ATTACKS for DECADES in England.

PLANET EARTH has ONLY ONE CHOICE.

TO SUPPORT ME to FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS, CIVIL LIBERTIES
and FREEDOMS of NOT ONLY EVERY AMERICAN but also EVERY
HUMAN BEING ON THIS PLANET.

I am the LAST HOPE of HUMANITY TO LIVE with ANY DIGNITY and
SELF RESPECT and with FREEDOM and CIVIL LIBERTIES.

All the resident RACISTS alvey, will_s, Andrew Dunford, Phil, Paul Robson,
max.it, Mike Holmans, dechuka, Wog George, Rodney Hampson, Erchie will
SUPPORT ME if they have ANY INKLING of whats gonna happen to
them, their family, their children and grand children and EVERY HUMAN
in the NEAR FUTURE.

YES, ALL HUMAN BEINGS will be CONTROLLED and MONITORED by
FBI n NSA COMPUTERS.

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/pro-freedom.co.uk/cov_us.html

YOU fucking MORONS HAVE NO IDEA how much ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
these FBI and NSA PSYCHOPATHS have DEVELOPED SECRETLY for DECADES
and have been TORTURING INNOCENT HUMAN BEINGS.

You will be COMPLETE IDIOTS and MORONS if YOU THINK YOU WILL BE
SPARED by these FBI, NSA, MI-5, MI-6 PSYCHOPATHS and SADISTS if YOU
SUCK THEIR DICKS PUBLICLY and PRETEND to LIKE and WORSHIP THEM.

Why do you LOW IQ MORONS think John Winthrop commented a completely
irrelevant word "cough" in this comment today, ?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/19a182f2677b2d57

Because I coughed last night at home.for a few seconds and thought about the
reasons why I was coughing.

The word "cough" was a SECRET MESSAGE to me by these BLOOD THIRSTY
EVIL FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATHS and RACISTS.

In case if you still didnt get it, that was the ONLY COMMENT
from "John Winthrop" who NEVER posted on rsc before.

It is a COMMON PRACTICE for these FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATHS to
POST PRIVATE THOUGHTS of TORTURE VICTIMS on internet newsgroups
in the form of " words in comments" or "subject title" or "posters name" or
"their email id" This was REPORTED by MANY OTHER TORTURE VICTIMS
in AMERICA that INCLUDE WHITE CHRISTIANS who are VERY
INTELLIGENT with ADVANCED degrees like Masters and PHD in Physics,
Chemistry, Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Computers, Sociology, Math
and some of the victims are even DOCTORS.

Husband of All FBI n NSA agents

Dec 28, 2007, 4:06:35 PM12/28/07

Husband of All FBI n NSA agents

Dec 28, 2007, 4:07:24 PM12/28/07

JEW HATING FBI n PSYCHOPATH n RACIST Rodney Ulyate,

Dave -Turner

Dec 28, 2007, 4:17:00 PM12/28/07
>> Why are you telling me? I've already said I condone all racism.
> Don't you mean condemn?

doh. sorry, yes I did. That's what you get for posting at 4:38am!

cric...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 6:06:09 PM12/28/07
On Dec 28, 2:50 pm, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:

> > How in the name of violaceous turkeys does the demand "Show us your
> > visas!" constitute racism?
>
> Don't be so thick, Rodney! Of course it's racism.

Glad to see a response from people who don't turn a blind eye and
start finding excuses.

Ernest_t...@hotmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 8:33:48 PM12/28/07
On Dec 29, 9:50 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
> Rodney Ulyate wrote:
> > cricbu...@gmail.com whimpered:

That's a rather condescending, white-ish point of view you have just
expressed there.

What about Pommie crowd chants directed at visiting Aussie fans? Sure
the chants may be a little less crude but are they any less racist?
How about the heckling directed at Jason Gillespie regarding his
supposedly missing caravan? Was that racist or not? Why attribute
something to racism which can just as easily be explained by ignorance
or just outright bad manners?

In fact the term "racism" is bandied about so regularly these days
that there is a danger of trivialising the real problems of racism
that do exist in the world. For example India would be one of the most
discriminatory countries in the world. Of course they don't like us to
refer to it at racism. Instead they prefer to cite cultural reasons as
to why millions of people are forced to live in desperate poverty and
misery solely because they happened to be born into the wrong caste.
Naturally none of these poor low caste Indian people would have the
means to get all the way to Aus to support their Indian team. It will
be only Indians of privilege who are now suffering because of the
really mean chants of those horrible racist Aussie fans.

But at least the Aus authorities are doing the right thing. There is
no excuse for rudeness to guests in your country, whether they be
Indian, Australian, Pom or even Kiwi. Contrast the Aussie response
with the inaction and pathetic attempts at denial by the Indian
authorities. According to them directing monkey chants at a black man
is not racist at all. No, really it's not! You see Indians only like
to play the role of victims in this world. It's a cultural thing I
believe. Just witness the protests and street rallies that resulted
because of the alleged racism towards that Indian actress on the big
brother show. Pathetic really, especially considering the degrading
way women are otherwise treated in India. Then a little later when she
kissed Hollywood actor Richard Geres the same goons were out on the
streets calling for her to be executed. Unbelievable!

Yorker

Dec 28, 2007, 9:10:16 PM12/28/07

<Ernest_t...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>But at least the Aus authorities are doing the right thing. There is
>>no excuse for rudeness to guests in your country, whether they be
>>Indian, Australian, Pom or even Kiwi. Contrast the Aussie response
>>with the inaction and pathetic attempts at denial by the Indian
>>authorities. According to them directing monkey chants at a black man
>>is not racist at all. No, really it's not! You see Indians only like
>>to play the role of victims in this world. It's a cultural thing I
>>believe. Just witness the protests and street rallies that resulted
>>because of the alleged racism towards that Indian actress on the big
>>brother show. Pathetic really, especially considering the degrading
>>way women are otherwise treated in India. Then a little later when she
>>kissed Hollywood actor Richard Geres the same goons were out on the
>>streets calling for her to be executed. Unbelievable!

Racist Ernest_the_Sheep

If only RACIST Australian PM John Howard spend a few billion
dollars and invented an "IQ pump" that can increase the space
in mole brained idiots like you, the world would have been a
great place to live in.

eusebius

Dec 28, 2007, 9:46:03 PM12/28/07
On Dec 29, 2:19 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> cricbu...@gmail.com squealed:

-But- "all Indians call each other monkeys- especially those of dark
skin- and it isn't racist"-
and all aussies ask to see each others visas*, its a cultural thing.
The crowd should have just made monkey noises, and the Indian fans
would have found it totally acceptable, according to received and
incontrivertable rsc wisdom.

*cf Cornelia Rau

eusebius

Dec 28, 2007, 10:14:40 PM12/28/07
On Dec 29, 6:03 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
> Andy Leighton wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 01:03:47 +0900, Dave -Turner <n...@no.no> wrote:
> >> <cricbu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Why are you telling me?  I've already said I condone all racism.
>
> > Don't you mean condemn?
>
> Maybe he really meant condom.
> --
> Cheers,
> SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man

He tries to keep all racism under wraps.

Rodney Ulyate

Dec 29, 2007, 11:16:39 AM12/29/07
eusebius contended:

> On Dec 29, 2:19 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> cricbu...@gmail.com squealed:
>>> http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22978621-661,00.html
>>> As was expected, the Australian public has once again started the
>>> racist abuse. Same story repeats every tour.
>>> Quoting from the artilce:
>>> AUSTRALIAN cricket fans racially taunted Indian supporters at the MCG
>>> yesterday despite Cricket Australia's zero-tolerance policy.
>>> And police and security staff did not eject any fans despite the
>>> Australian supporters shouting "Show us your visas, show us your
>>> visas" at their Indian counterparts and being within metres of the
>>> potentially explosive incident.
>> "Show us your visas"? Well, now! That's about as abjectly racist as it
>> gets!
>> The monkey hymns, Lehmann's slur, Jones's quip and the apartheid
>> doctrine all pale into hollow insignificance by comparison with this
>> outrage.
[...]

> -But- "all Indians call each other monkeys- especially those of dark
> skin- and it isn't racist"-
> and all aussies ask to see each others visas*, its a cultural thing.
> The crowd should have just made monkey noises, and the Indian fans
> would have found it totally acceptable, according to received and
> incontrivertable rsc wisdom.
> *cf Cornelia Rau

Very well put, Michael. That's exactly how I see it. 'Twould make for
a rare and enlightening treat to see the monkey-chanting shoe placed on
the other foot.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"I'm the last of the straight-arm bowlers."
Ray Lindwall

Rodney Ulyate

Dec 29, 2007, 11:31:42 AM12/29/07
sdavmor chuckled:

Entertaining as that was, I still stand firmly by the view that this
cric...@gmail.com feller is moulding an Everest out of a sastrugi.

The chant in question is no more than a variant of the jibes that I hear
tossed between opposing caucasian fans every time I watch a domestic
match in South Africa (or, indeed, an international one in the company
of the predominantly white tourists from New Zealand, Australia and
England). In each case, the banter is received as good-humouredly as it
is sent.

"Show us your visas!" is not any different, and it certainly carries no
prejudice on the basis of skin-colour or race. At worst, it is mildly
insulting to the addressees' nationality (which, in this day and age,
and in that context, is all but acceptable); it is *not*, however, in
any way racially belittling.

As far as I'm concerned, this little detonation is really just a
desperate attempt to level the escarpment in light of the Symonds
macroseism. I, for one, refuse to be sucked in by it.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"Ricky Ponting continues to believe that the lbw law simply doesn't
exist. And Andrew Symonds has to work out how to get his hip flask onto
the field without the Sky cameras noticing."
Dan Nicoll

eusebius

Dec 31, 2007, 7:37:57 AM12/31/07
On Dec 30, 2:16 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> eusebiuscontended:

Heaven forbid! The squealing would be deafening!

And rsc would be unreadable! On second thoughts...by the way,even
though he seems not to have taken a shine to you lately, Mike Holmans
is one of the exceptions (yes, there are quite a number in that
honourable category) in the readability stakes, as you are no doubt
aware. It may be possible that he has associated you with one of your
feeble imitators (sorry, imitator)

> --
> Rodney Ulyate
>
> "I'm the last of the straight-arm bowlers."
>         Ray Lindwall

Funny thing, Lindwall's arm wasn't particularly straight. Nor was it
perpendicular.

kenh...@hotmail.com

Dec 31, 2007, 7:38:01 PM12/31/07
On Dec 30 2007, 3:16 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com>

The problem I have is that whenever a group of fans or a player makes
some sort of a racist comment, posters to rsc from that country can
always find a reason to excuse it, but will scream blue murder if
someone from an opposing country does exactly the same thing

Higgs

Totaltully

Jan 1, 2008, 12:06:17 AM1/1/08
On Dec 28, 5:33 pm, "Ernest_the_Sh...@hotmail.com"

<Ernest_the_Sh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Of course they don't like us to
> refer to it at racism. Instead they prefer to cite cultural reasons as
> to why millions of people are forced to live in desperate poverty and
> misery solely because they happened to be born into the wrong caste.
> Naturally none of these poor low caste Indian people would have the
> means to get all the way to Aus to support their Indian team. It will
> be only Indians of privilege who are now suffering because of the
> really mean chants of those horrible racist Aussie fans.
>
> You see Indians only like to play the role of victims in this world. It's a cultural thing I
> believe.

Stereotyping is racism. Please watch your own comments.

Wog George

Jan 1, 2008, 2:01:12 AM1/1/08

"Dave -Turner" <n...@no.no> wrote in message
>> Racist Dave Turner,
> I'M racist ????? What does that make you then, a neo-nazi ???
>
>> As usual you avoided making comment about the actual topic of the
>> thread ie AUSTRALIAN RACISM.
> Geez, you aren't racist are you.
>
>> You guys learn the art of CUNNING, LYING, SPINNING and
>> DECEPTION the moment you are BORN.
> Nope, no racism from you.
>
> OPEN YOUR EYES AND GROW UP, YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST RACIST PEOPLE IN THIS
> ENTIRE NEWSGROUP. Not to mention seemingly the most immature.

Has he shown you his visa?

--
George
"Dolphins, Eskimos, who cares?! It's all a bunch of tree hugging hippie

SultanOfSwing

Jan 1, 2008, 2:29:45 AM1/1/08
On Dec 29 2007, 9:31 pm, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> sdavmor chuckled:
>

> > Rodney Ulyate wrote:
> >> cricbu...@gmail.com whimpered:
> cricbu...@gmail.com feller is moulding an Everest out of a sastrugi.

> The chant in question is no more than a variant of the jibes that I hear
> tossed between opposing caucasian fans every time I watch a domestic
> match in South Africa (or, indeed, an international one in the company
> of the predominantly white tourists from New Zealand, Australia and
> England). In each case, the banter is received as good-humouredly as it
> is sent.
>
> "Show us your visas!" is not any different, and it certainly carries no
> prejudice on the basis of skin-colour or race. At worst, it is mildly
> insulting to the addressees' nationality (which, in this day and age,
> and in that context, is all but acceptable); it is *not*, however, in
> any way racially belittling.

"Show us your visas!" is insulting and *offensive*.
While I believe that not everything offensive is
necessarily *racist*, that doesn't mean that rank
crude and offensive comments should be allowed
to go unpunished. IMO, it would still be offensive
even if the same chants were directed at South
African, English or West Indian supporters.

> As far as I'm concerned, this little detonation is really just a
> desperate attempt to level the escarpment in light of the Symonds
> macroseism. I, for one, refuse to be sucked in by it.

The monkey chants directed at Symonds were
equally offensive and *racist*. However, no amount
of verbal gymnastics can disguise the fact that the
chant "Show us your Visas!" was *offensive*. If you
choose to think otherwise and believe it was intended
to be "mild" banter, then we can agree to disagree
at this very point.

P.S. Here's a wishing all and one a Happy and
Prosperous New Year 2008.

Phil Smythe

Jan 1, 2008, 8:05:49 AM1/1/08

You have a lot more problems than just that, Kenny. I notice that
there are even posts in talk.politics.guns having a go at you now.
This is a little surprising seeing how you would not offer a single
opinion on gun politics during your visits to that ng. Kind of makes
people wonder what you were actually doing there.

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 1, 2008, 9:31:38 AM1/1/08
SultanOfSwing disagreed:

> On Dec 29 2007, 9:31 pm, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
[...]

>> "Show us your visas!" is not any different, and it certainly carries no
>> prejudice on the basis of skin-colour or race. At worst, it is mildly
>> insulting to the addressees' nationality (which, in this day and age,
>> and in that context, is all but acceptable); it is *not*, however, in
>> any way racially belittling.
> "Show us your visas!" is insulting and *offensive*.
> While I believe that not everything offensive is
> necessarily *racist*, that doesn't mean that rank
> crude and offensive comments should be allowed
> to go unpunished. IMO, it would still be offensive
> even if the same chants were directed at South
> African, English or West Indian supporters.
>> As far as I'm concerned, this little detonation is really just a
>> desperate attempt to level the escarpment in light of the Symonds
>> macroseism. I, for one, refuse to be sucked in by it.
> The monkey chants directed at Symonds were
> equally offensive and *racist*. However,
> no amount of verbal gymnastics

I realise that I am the most painfully verbose poster on this newsgroup,
but I am making an effort to tone it down and should like to think that
I succeeded there.

> can disguise the fact that the chant "Show us your
> Visas!" was *offensive*. If you choose to think
> otherwise and believe it was intended to be "mild"
> banter, then we can agree to disagree at this very
> point.

According to one report, "Up until the chant began, there had been
good-natured banter between the two groups but the Indians' mood changed
when the 'visa' taunt started."

This "taunt", if it has been quoted correctly, could hardly have been
out of place amidst "good-natured banter". I fail to see why the
Indians were offended at all -- let alone so much as to brand the taunt
a racist one.

> P.S. Here's a wishing all and one a Happy and
> Prosperous New Year 2008.

Same to you.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"Get your shit stars off our flag."
Barmy Army

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 1, 2008, 11:43:11 AM1/1/08
eusebius added:
[...]

> by the way,even though he seems not to have taken a shine to you
> lately, Mike Holmans is one of the exceptions (yes, there are quite
> a number in that honourable category) in the readability stakes, as
> you are no doubt aware. It may be possible that he has associated
> you with one of your feeble imitators (sorry, imitator)

Truth be told, I am far more to blame than my imitator (who is, anyway
[as is an imitator's wont], a rather flattering fellow). My
crapulence-inspired verbosity tires even me when I read it with a clear
head.

[...]

>> Rodney Ulyate
>> "I'm the last of the straight-arm bowlers."
>> Ray Lindwall
> Funny thing, Lindwall's arm wasn't particularly straight. Nor was it
> perpendicular.

I have found myself using that quote very frequently of late in response
to remarks about the perceivable kink in his action (which was, after
all, based on Larwood's).

--
Rodney Ulyate

"One is always a little nervous watching England bat."
Peter May

cric...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2008, 3:16:44 PM1/1/08
On Dec 29 2007, 10:31 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> "Show us your visas!" is not any different, and it certainly carries no

> prejudice on the basis of skin-colour or race.

It does. You won't heard such chants if English or Kiwi fans
(Caucasian) are in the stands. You might hear things which are much
worse than the 'visa chant', but that doesn't prove anything. The
'visa chant' started because the Indian fans didn't look "Australian"
- prejudice on the basis of skin-colour or race.

> As far as I'm concerned, this little detonation is really just a
> desperate attempt to level the escarpment in light of the Symonds
> macroseism. I, for one, refuse to be sucked in by it.

It has nothing to do with the Symonds episode. I never said that the
Aussie public did this as some sort of retaliation or something.

The lack of coverage in the Aussie media was my point. Almost every
news paper lauded the 'conduct' of the fans on Day 1, and then ignored
incident on Day 2. Only Mel Herald Sun ran a story.

cric...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2008, 3:28:56 PM1/1/08
On Dec 31 2007, 6:38 pm, kenhig...@hotmail.com wrote:

> The problem I have is that whenever a group of fans or a player makes
> some sort of a racist comment, posters to rsc from that country can
> always find a reason to excuse it, but will scream blue murder if
> someone from an opposing country does exactly the same thing
>
> Higgs

I guess this is true. I feel that I'm also guilty of doing something a
bit similar to this.

But my point was:
It takes a handful of stupid people to start racist chants/trolls, and
this should not lead to generalization about the entire audience. On
the other hand, it takes a well thought out policy by the media to
pick and choose stories.

Diggler

Jan 1, 2008, 3:54:22 PM1/1/08

> The lack of coverage in the Aussie media was my point. Almost every
> news paper lauded the 'conduct' of the fans on Day 1, and then ignored
> incident on Day 2. Only Mel Herald Sun ran a story.

Could it have been that the Herald Sun was the only paper with a
journo in that section of the crowd at the time? What makes you sure
that every other outlet was aware of the incident?

From the Cambridge University dictionary:
racism: the belief that people's qualities are influenced by their
race and that the members of other races are not as good as the
members of your own, or the resulting unfair treatment of members of
other races:

By this definition, I'd find it difficult to see how it can be argued
that the chants don't constitute racism. The Indian fans would never
question the right of Caucasians to be in Australia, so what gives the
Caucasians the right to question theirs? It was unfair verbal
treatment based on their race, undoubtedly. I think some people just
need to be educated a little better as to what people may find
offensive.

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 2, 2008, 4:33:38 AM1/2/08
cric...@gmail.com moaned:

> On Dec 29 2007, 10:31 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> "Show us your visas!" is not any different, and it certainly carries no
>> prejudice on the basis of skin-colour or race.
> It does. You won't heard such chants if English or Kiwi fans
> (Caucasian) are in the stands.

Why ever not?

[...]

>> As far as I'm concerned, this little detonation is really just a
>> desperate attempt to level the escarpment in light of the Symonds
>> macroseism. I, for one, refuse to be sucked in by it.
> It has nothing to do with the Symonds episode. I never said that the
> Aussie public did this as some sort of retaliation or something.

You didn't have to. The retaliation is entirely on your part.

> The lack of coverage in the Aussie media was my point.

What about the lack of coverage on this rather racism-obsessed newsgroup?

> Almost every news paper lauded the 'conduct' of the fans on Day 1, and
> then ignored incident on Day 2.

Because, evidently, they hold the same view that I do -- that it is not
a newsworthy (read "racist") incident.

<snip>

--
Rodney Ulyate

"My father would take me to the playground, and put me on mood swings."
Jay London

Diggler

Jan 2, 2008, 3:47:21 PM1/2/08

> >> "Show us your visas!" is not any different, and it certainly carries no
> >> prejudice on the basis of skin-colour or race.
> > It does. You won't heard such chants if English or Kiwi fans
> > (Caucasian) are in the stands.
>
> Why ever not?

Because they're essentially the same race as the people asking the
question. That'd be ridiculous. You're an idiot, Rodney.

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 2, 2008, 7:20:04 PM1/2/08
Diggler's unsolicited and highly offensive reply (almost on a par with
demanding that visas be shown):

Racist!

--
Rodney Ulyate

"When we're comin', we say, 'Yes', and, when we're stayin', we say, 'No-o.'"
Wilfred Rhodes on running between the wickets with J.B. Hobbs

prakmel

Jan 2, 2008, 7:21:51 PM1/2/08

Fully agreed.

Just for your info, Rodney Ulyate and Phil Smythe are different names
adopted by Colin Kynoch who now posts under the initials CDK

cric...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2008, 8:21:08 PM1/2/08
On Jan 2, 6:21 pm, prakmel <prakmel2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for your info, Rodney Ulyate and Phil Smythe are different names
> adopted by Colin Kynoch who now posts under the initials CDK

Now I get it. Thanks.

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 2, 2008, 8:50:25 PM1/2/08
pratmel wrote:
[...]

> Just for your info, Rodney Ulyate and Phil Smythe are different names
> adopted by Colin Kynoch who now posts under the initials CDK

If you are going to persist with these claims, I should highly recommend
that you back them up with some hitherto-lacking evidence. I have
provided plenty which points to my being an eighteen-year-old South
African. Where is yours that I am in fact an Australian geriatric?

--
Rodney Ulyate

"It's better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of
laundry a week."
Laurence J. Peter

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 3, 2008, 9:04:01 PM1/3/08
cric...@gmail.com thanked:

Get what, exactly? I disagree with you, so you write me off as a cretin
with a billion identities? Do grow up.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"I was never in the same parish, let alone the same street."
Bill Lockwood on his favourite bowler, Surrey team-mate Tom
Richardson

cric...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2008, 9:07:02 PM1/3/08
On Jan 3, 8:04 pm, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Get what, exactly? I disagree with you, so you write me off as a cretin
> with a billion identities? Do grow up.
>
> --

Lighten up..It was meant as a joke.

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 3, 2008, 9:15:53 PM1/3/08
cric...@gmail.com advised:

> On Jan 3, 8:04 pm, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Get what, exactly? I disagree with you, so you write me off as a cretin
>> with a billion identities? Do grow up.
> Lighten up..It was meant as a joke.

Apologies. You always appeared far too sane to give credence to
Pratmel's unfounded ramblings.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"I never said most of the things I said."
Yogi Berra

cric...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2008, 9:52:42 AM1/4/08
The Australian media has suddenly woken up from its slumber over
'alleged' racial remarks from Bhajji.
That very media chose to keep mum when there were police complaints at
MCG against some Australian spectators for making racist remarks.

It's a shame IF Bhajji said anything racist to Symonds, and he should
promptly be punished for it.
He should have known that this is a violation of the code of conduct.
Aussies were routinely making such racist remarks all through the 80s
and 90s, but there was no such law in place then.

As per the reports, Bhajji denied making any such remarks, and SRT's
version also corroborates it.

sdavmor

Jan 4, 2008, 11:32:43 AM1/4/08

I hope for his sake he kept his comments away from race. But even so
it's good to see someone giving it back to the aussies. They are,
after all, the masters of the sledging game, so H. Singh putting his
mouth into action -- backed up by his bat -- did spice things up. All
in all a damn good bit of work for India from a guy batting at #9.

--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man

Systems Theory internet music project links:
official site <www.systemstheory.net>
MySpace MP3s <www.myspace.com/systemstheory>
CDBaby <www.cdbaby.com/systemstheory>
"Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies" CD released Dec 2004
"Codetalkers" CD coming Xmas 2007
NP: nothing

cric...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2008, 12:00:08 PM1/4/08
On Jan 4, 10:32 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:

> I hope for his sake he kept his comments away from race. But even so
> it's good to see someone giving it back to the aussies. They are,
> after all, the masters of the sledging game, so H. Singh putting his
> mouth into action -- backed up by his bat -- did spice things up. All
> in all a damn good bit of work for India from a guy batting at #9.

He would be better served if he let his bat (and ball) do the talking.
Australians are known to get under the skin of the opposition by
constantly chattering and making the bastman lose his concentration.
As a batsman (i.e. while batting) one should never indulge in such
trash talk. Bhajji should wait for his turn and save his witty remarks
when he's fielding or bowling.

SultanOfSwing

Jan 6, 2008, 6:09:22 AM1/6/08
On Jan 1, 7:31 pm, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> SultanOfSwingdisagreed:

> > On Dec 29 2007, 9:31 pm, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> [...]
> >> "Show us your visas!" is not any different, and it certainly carries no
> >> prejudice on the basis of skin-colour or race. At worst, it is mildly
> >> insulting to the addressees' nationality (which, in this day and age,
> >> and in that context, is all but acceptable); it is *not*, however, in
> >> any way racially belittling.
> > "Show us your visas!" is insulting and *offensive*.
> > While I believe that not everything offensive is
> > necessarily *racist*, that doesn't mean that rank
> > crude and offensive comments should be allowed
> > to go unpunished. IMO, it would still be offensive
> > even if the same chants were directed at South
> > African, English or West Indian supporters.
> >> As far as I'm concerned, this little detonation is really just a
> >> desperate attempt to level the escarpment in light of the Symonds
> >> macroseism. I, for one, refuse to be sucked in by it.
> > The monkey chants directed at Symonds were
> > equally offensive and *racist*. However,
> > no amount of verbal gymnastics
>
> I realise that I am the most painfully verbose poster on this newsgroup,
> but I am making an effort to tone it down and should like to think that
> I succeeded there.

Well, here's a good start. :-)

> > can disguise the fact that the chant "Show us your
> > Visas!" was *offensive*. If you choose to think
> > otherwise and believe it was intended to be "mild"
> > banter, then we can agree to disagree at this very
> > point.
>
> According to one report, "Up until the chant began, there had been
> good-natured banter between the two groups but the Indians' mood changed
> when the 'visa' taunt started."
>
> This "taunt", if it has been quoted correctly, could hardly have been
> out of place amidst "good-natured banter". I fail to see why the
> Indians were offended at all -- let alone so much as to brand the taunt
> a racist one.

Yes, as you pointed out there was "good-natured banter"
between the Indian and Aussie fans. However, it all
changed for the worse when the Aussies came up
with the "Show us your Visas" taunt which was evidently
not liked by the Indians.