Dale Steyn

Maxx

Apr 3, 2008, 4:06:22 PM4/3/08
Opened up "The Wall" like a can of baked beans today.

Michael Vaughan in 2004 knows even more how it feels, but Steyn is 10
times the bowler since then.

ScArY

Roshan

Apr 3, 2008, 5:59:56 PM4/3/08

The same Dale Steyn was 32-3-103-4 in Chennai
with only one wicket coming from top order.

One Ahmedabad inning on a helpful pitch doesnt
make a summer.

desicricfan

Apr 3, 2008, 5:05:59 PM4/3/08

absolutely... awesome bowler....!!! GO Steyn!
also, generally, when 'the wall' does break up (which is often), it
will be due at an unplayable delivery, unfortunately.
anyways, here is my score prediction for the current test

SA - 1st Innings
589/7 decl
Kallis - 202
AB De Villers, 108
Boucher - 78 NO (in 35 balls)
and some extras....

Indian - 2nd Innings
101 All Out
4 Zeroes
2 10s
3 25s
1 5s
1 1s

thanks and regrds
Sam

StraightDrive

Apr 3, 2008, 7:05:10 PM4/3/08

"desicricfan" <spooz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

If India scores less than 101 in I2 like you predicted I will pay
you $2000 and if India scores more than 101 in I2, you pay
me ONLY $1000.

I am giving you 2-1 favorable odds even though I dont have to.

Do we have a deal desicricfan ?

Andrew Dunford

Apr 3, 2008, 6:48:31 PM4/3/08

"Roshan" <Rosh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Look, I can see you're trying really hard to be a good boy with this
'Roshan' character who doesn't swear and call people names, but no matter
the writing style your ridiculous bias and lack of logic always show through
soon enough.

Steyn's Test figures for the 'summer' to which you refer currently stand at
72 wickets at 15.13. Don't flatter yourself that bowling out India on a
helpful pitch yesterday was one of his tougher assignments in that time.

Oh, and get back in the bin where you belong...*plonk*.

Andrew

Mohan

Apr 3, 2008, 6:58:25 PM4/3/08
Andrew Dunford wrote:
> "Roshan" <Rosh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Maxx wrote:
>>> Opened up "The Wall" like a can of baked beans today.
>>>
>>> Michael Vaughan in 2004 knows even more how it feels, but Steyn is 10
>>> times the bowler since then.
>>>
>>> ScArY
>>

>> The same Dale Steyn was 32-3-103-4 in Chennai
>> with only one wicket coming from top order.
>>
>> One Ahmedabad inning on a helpful pitch doesnt
>> make a summer.
>
> Look, I can see you're trying really hard to be a good boy with this
> 'Roshan' character who doesn't swear and call people names, but no matter
> the writing style your ridiculous bias and lack of logic always show through
> soon enough.

huh? Roshan = tendulkar.com. Didn't think he swears and calls people
names all that much.

Mohan

Roshan

Apr 3, 2008, 8:14:44 PM4/3/08
Andrew Dunford wrote:
> "Roshan" <Rosh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Maxx wrote:
>>> Opened up "The Wall" like a can of baked beans today.
>>>
>>> Michael Vaughan in 2004 knows even more how it feels, but Steyn is 10
>>> times the bowler since then.
>>>
>>> ScArY
>>

>> The same Dale Steyn was 32-3-103-4 in Chennai
>> with only one wicket coming from top order.
>>
>> One Ahmedabad inning on a helpful pitch doesnt
>> make a summer.
>
> Look, I can see you're trying really hard to be a good boy with this
> 'Roshan'

Nice boys always finish last, bad boys always get the hot chicks.

> character who doesn't swear and call people names,

It is you who is swearing and calling me names. You
remind me of my neighbor's 4 yr old boy who spits on
everybody and complains he is being spit on by them.

> but no matter
> the writing style your ridiculous bias and lack of logic always show through
> soon enough.

Dale Steyn 32-3-103-4 at Chennai.

His wickets are Dhoni, Kumble, Harbhajan and RP Singh.

None of them are top order batsmen.

Ridiculous bias and lack of logic is in your small mind.

> Steyn's Test figures for the 'summer' to which you refer currently stand at
> 72 wickets at 15.13.

The Context is Dale Steyn vs Indian batting.

4 of his wickets at Chennai were against the bottom order
and 3 of his 5 wickets yesterday RP Singh, Harbhajan
and SreeSanth are bottom order.

Point proved.

> Don't flatter yourself that bowling out India on a
> helpful pitch yesterday was one of his tougher assignments in that time.

I do not give a damn about his performances vs Pak and Bangladesh.

> Oh, and get back in the bin where you belong...*plonk*.
>
> Andrew

Weirdo....I never begged you to respond to my comments.

Andrew Dunford

Apr 3, 2008, 7:19:17 PM4/3/08

"Mohan" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ft3neh$qel$1...@aioe.org...
> Andrew Dunford wrote:

<snip>

>> Look, I can see you're trying really hard to be a good boy with this
>> 'Roshan' character who doesn't swear and call people names, but no matter
>> the writing style your ridiculous bias and lack of logic always show
>> through soon enough.
>
> huh? Roshan = tendulkar.com.

I think not.

<snip>

Andrew

Mohan

Apr 3, 2008, 7:32:17 PM4/3/08

Looks like you are right. Apologies to tendulkar.com. In my defense, I
hadn't really followed that thread on Dravid's Chennai innings carefully.

Mohan

Andrew Dunford

Apr 3, 2008, 9:01:28 PM4/3/08

"Mohan" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ft3pe1$gh$1...@aioe.org...

Me neither. I see now that Jayen already unmasked him a few days ago.

Andrew

Mike Holmans

Apr 3, 2008, 9:44:03 PM4/3/08
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:01:28 +1300, "Andrew Dunford"
<adun...@artifax.net> tapped the keyboard and brought forth:

I missed that too, even though I've been reading bits of that thread,
but it was obviously not the Roshan we know and love. That one may be
a nutcase, but he's not a nitwit.

Cheers,

Mike

Roshan

Apr 3, 2008, 11:02:41 PM4/3/08

Mike,

I did not know there is another Roshan on RSC. You seem
to hate all Roshans :0) Wondering if it is because you
can't come up with any reasonable and knowledgeable comments.

Hope you did not miss responding to my comment in this thread.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/7306b17c34d0b1c9

Dave (SA)

Apr 4, 2008, 12:01:00 AM4/4/08
He was No 2 on thee ICC rankings before he went near India.

He has quite a few fifers already.
So this performance just ads to an already great summer

Roshan

Apr 4, 2008, 1:43:52 AM4/4/08

Never have I claimed Dale Steyn is not a good bowler,
not ranked 2nd in current ICC rankings and didnt have
a great summer this year.

He hasn't scared Indian top order batsmen in Chennai
and Ahmedabad I1.

Sure Steyn's delivery to Dravid was a peach but Ntini
got more top order wickets.

I am sure Indian batsmen will handle Steyn better in
Ahmedabad I2.

Karl

Apr 4, 2008, 5:39:59 AM4/4/08

> Dave (SA) wrote:
>> Roshan wrote:

>>> The same Dale Steyn was 32-3-103-4 in Chennai
>>> with only one wicket coming from top order.
>>>
>>> One Ahmedabad inning on a helpful pitch doesnt
>>> make a summer.
>>>
>> He was No 2 on thee ICC rankings before he went near India.
>>

>> He has quite a few fifers already.
>> So this performance just ads to an already great summer
>

> Never have I claimed Dale Steyn is not a good bowler,
> not ranked 2nd in current ICC rankings and didnt have
> a great summer this year.

So what does "One Ahmedabad inning on a helpful pitch doesnt make a summer."
mean?

Karl

Roshan

Apr 4, 2008, 6:58:50 AM4/4/08

So when will you learn season periods of different countries ?

shariq...@yahoo.com

Apr 4, 2008, 11:24:50 AM4/4/08

Did you ever watch the Indian innings? Other than some early morning
assistance this was not exactly a spiteful track as the South African
score suggests

Roshan

Apr 4, 2008, 6:10:19 PM4/4/08

Shariq,

Ahmedabad pitch has some grass on it compared to Chennai one. No where
have I claimed India were all out because of the spiteful Ahmedabad track.

No one on RSC have convinced me yet with rational arguments why
Indian top order batsmen should fear Dale Steyn.

I hope you don't forget the same Indian top order negotiated Brett Lee
and Shaun Tait well last two months in Australia.

Maxx

Apr 4, 2008, 5:30:45 PM4/4/08
On Apr 5, 12:10 am, Roshan <Roshan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> shariq_ta...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >> The same Dale Steyn was 32-3-103-4 in Chennai
> >> with only one wicket coming from top order.
>
> >> One Ahmedabad inning on a helpful pitch doesnt
> >> make a summer.
>
> > Did you ever watch the Indian innings? Other than some early morning
> > assistance this was not exactly a spiteful track as the South African
> > score suggests
>
> Shariq,
>
> Ahmedabad pitch has some grass on it compared to Chennai one. No where
> have I claimed India were all out because of the spiteful Ahmedabad track.
>
> No one on RSC have convinced me yet with rational arguments why
> Indian top order batsmen should fear Dale Steyn.

Just keep watching buddy.

Roshan

Apr 4, 2008, 7:22:59 PM4/4/08

I watched 3 innings of Dale Steyn in India.

Sehwag and Co smashed him to smithereens until Steyn
took the last 4 Indian wickets at Chennai, 3 of them
tailenders.

Steyn took only one top order wicket of Dravid at Ahmedabad
I1 and 4 Indian bowlers' wickets.

His delivery that got Dravid was a Jaffa but Dravid misread the
movement.

I would not read too much into Steyns performance in I2 even if
he runs through the Indian top order since Indian batsmen will
be under tremendous amount of pressure of having to bat out
for 2.5 days to force a draw.

The sheer weight of runs and time left will be too much to handle
for Indian batsmen.

Roshan

Maxx

Apr 4, 2008, 6:38:31 PM4/4/08

Who is this "Co" you speak of? Sehwag was a one-man show at Chennai.

> Steyn took only one top order wicket of Dravid at Ahmedabad
> I1 and 4 Indian bowlers' wickets.

So flat-track bully Sehwag is a only a bowler now?

> His delivery that got Dravid was a Jaffa but Dravid misread the
> movement.

No kidding. He bowls those deliveries quite often.

> I would not read too much into Steyns performance in I2 even if
> he runs through the Indian top order since Indian batsmen will
> be under tremendous amount of pressure of having to bat out
> for 2.5 days to force a draw.
>
> The sheer weight of runs and time left will be too much to handle
> for Indian batsmen.

Yup, there goes the series.

Roshan

Apr 4, 2008, 11:30:01 PM4/4/08

Nitpick

>> Steyn took only one top order wicket of Dravid at Ahmedabad
>> I1 and 4 Indian bowlers' wickets.
>
> So flat-track bully Sehwag is a only a bowler now?

Sehwag dragged a ball going a foot outside the offstump
to the stumps. It wasn't a great ball.

Dale Steyn hasn't done anything in India for Indian batsmen
to fear him. They handled Brett Lee well in Australia and
sent the worlds fastest bowler Shaun Tait to see a psychiatrist.

Ponting and Australian media bragged Tait will put fear
in Indian batsmen with his pace.

>> His delivery that got Dravid was a Jaffa but Dravid misread the
>> movement.
>
> No kidding. He bowls those deliveries quite often.

Lets see how he does in the second innings.

>> I would not read too much into Steyns performance in I2 even if
>> he runs through the Indian top order since Indian batsmen will
>> be under tremendous amount of pressure of having to bat out
>> for 2.5 days to force a draw.
>>
>> The sheer weight of runs and time left will be too much to handle
>> for Indian batsmen.
>
> Yup, there goes the series.

That is not the point being discussed.

Roshan

Apr 5, 2008, 12:03:43 AM4/5/08

Mohan,

Mike Holmans and Andrew Dunford have problems with subirwa,
skooti, Govandi, Old Roshan, New Roshan, Sampath, Villanova,
Prakash and other posters. Judging by the content of some of their
posts I assume they are all Indian cricket fans.

What is (Raos style) the reasons for their not getting along well
with so many Indian cricket fans, may I know ?

This bloke R Bharat Rao is a funny poster :0)

Roshan

Apr 5, 2008, 1:53:41 AM4/5/08

Maxx,

0.3 Steyn to Sehwag, SIX, what a cracker to start off with... Steyn
pitches it really short, Sehwag swivels and pulls with disdain high over
fine leg

0.5 Steyn to Sehwag, SIX, and another one, he slides on the pads, it
wasn;'t that short but Sehwag got in position early and clipped it high
over fine leg

Roshan

Apr 5, 2008, 5:58:53 AM4/5/08

India 184/4

Dale Steyn 14 0 50 0

There is only one top order Indian batsman Ganguly left.

You need to remind Dale Steyn to hurry up.

Dave (SA)

Apr 5, 2008, 6:02:56 AM4/5/08
Roshan

Since when is the 2 matches against India the only 2 relevant matches.
He got to No 2 on the rankings before he even got to India.

Look at some of his other games

Roshan

Apr 5, 2008, 7:30:17 AM4/5/08

You didn't understand the context of my comments.

Macjoubert

Apr 5, 2008, 10:49:48 AM4/5/08
Maxx <sc...@executivemail.co.za> wrote in news:eba2d4e6-ec50-45e7-9c20-
24e8e6...@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> Opened up "The Wall" like a can of baked beans today.
>
> Michael Vaughan in 2004 knows even more how it feels, but Steyn is 10
> times the bowler since then.
>
> ScArY

Is this guy Afrikaaner?

Hope his next ball squashes Smith's nuts.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/ba/LizzieVanZyl.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Boercamp1.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/VerskroeideAarde1.jpg

Mohan

Apr 5, 2008, 1:36:24 PM4/5/08
Roshan wrote:
> Mohan wrote:
>> Andrew Dunford wrote:
>>> "Mohan" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> I think not.
>>
>> Looks like you are right. Apologies to tendulkar.com. In my defense, I
>> hadn't really followed that thread on Dravid's Chennai innings carefully.
>>
>> Mohan
>

> Mohan,
>
> Mike Holmans and Andrew Dunford have problems with subirwa,
> skooti, Govandi, Old Roshan, New Roshan, Sampath, Villanova,
> Prakash and other posters.

Andrew is one of the most reasonable posters around here. I don't think
he has a problem with Govandi or old Roshan either.

As for the other poster you mentioned, less said about him the better. I
wouldn't club Andrew with him.

Mohan

Maxx

Apr 6, 2008, 11:32:46 AM4/6/08
On Apr 5, 11:58 am, Roshan <Roshan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Andrew Dunford wrote:
> > "Roshan" <Roshan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Got im!!

Maxx

Apr 8, 2008, 5:26:23 PM4/8/08
On Apr 5, 4:49 pm, Macjoubert <macjoub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maxx<sc...@executivemail.co.za> wrote in news:eba2d4e6-ec50-45e7-9c20-
> 24e8e6a00...@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> > Opened up "The Wall" like a can of baked beans today.
>
> > Michael Vaughan in 2004 knows even more how it feels, but Steyn is 10
> > times the bowler since then.
>
> > ScArY
>
> Is this guy Afrikaaner?

No.

Roshan

Apr 8, 2008, 9:08:20 PM4/8/08

ohan,

If Andrew Dunford is a reasonable poster why did he have so
many cricket fans hating him. Does not make any logical sense.

Simple search on rec.sport.cricket shows Andrew Dunford has
problems with all posters. They also prove he is
an arrogant abusive insecure moron.

It is clear lot of cricket fans on rec.sport.cricket hates
this moron Andrew Dunford.

Cricket fan Lullinumber1 hates Andrew Dunford
Andrew Dunford's mother likes to suck big black cocks
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/3f1cd84d95649acf

Cricket fan Vezper hates Andrew Dunford
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/2cab9080965397c7

Cricket fan Bobs hates Andrew Dunford
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/eeff783aad71f761

Cricket fan zRahul hates Andrew Dunford
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/e9087e9df70d8051

Cricket fan Yuk Tang hates Andrew Dunford
It is clear Andrew Dunford nicknames and ridicules all bangladesh players
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/4082cf9224989881

Cricket fan Skooti hates Andrew Dunford
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/d993954c00671a52

Cricket fan cricketleague hates Andrew Dunford
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/8d6a3f875e4dee6d

Cricket fan crapats abuses Andrew to be Dungford
SHUT UP DUNGFORD (TM)!!!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/5fff4e40edada4b3

Cricket fan Cil tells Andrew Dunford to bend down and smell his genitals
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/878db6a51b76fdd0

Cricket fan RamJaane abuses Andrew to be Dungford
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/c340a4ebee9e1666

Cricket fan Ken Higgs calls Andrew to be Dungford
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/3c5e3a88eafb03fe

Cricket fan Benjamin proves Andrew Dunford is an arrogant hypocrite
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/11a86c62bc9da566

Cricket fan Southpaw calls Andrew a Dunceford
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/db8b6458743ead1a

Cricket fan nittas says Andrew Dunford is a hypocritic whinger
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/bca047054ba5410a

Cricket fan Don calls Andrew Dunford the dog of rsc
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/9ae9c850f7b09fb3

Andrew Dunford talks about his tomato soup on a cricket newsgroup
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/e395b959806215c0

Cricket fan Stex says Andrew Dunford has multiple personalities and
plays Dr Heckell and Mr Hyde
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/cf2137e1c7b965ee

Cricket fan Benjamin says Andrew Dunford is a hypocrite in not
caring about who won MoTM but caring about obituaries
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/0ddc990f8d151e5e

Cricket fans prakmel, larry de silva, subirwa, govandi to name some
also got into trouble with Andrew Dunford.