Ian Chappell thinks Tendulkar was not out

1 view

brijesh.k...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 3:03:26 AM1/16/08
"Theres absolutely no way that could be given out.. it was definitely
too high"

I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?

Rod

Jan 16, 2008, 3:04:29 AM1/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:03:32 +1100, Rod <ro...@hotmail.com.removeme>
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:03:26 -0800 (PST), brijesh.k...@gmail.com
>wrote:

>>"Theres absolutely no way that could be given out.. it was definitely
>>too high"
>>
>>I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?
>

>I think it was not out too, barely hit in line but was definitely
>going over.

...and Hawkeye agrees.

Cheers,
Rod.

Rod

Jan 16, 2008, 3:03:32 AM1/16/08
wrote:

>"Theres absolutely no way that could be given out.. it was definitely

>too high"
>
>I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?

I think it was not out too, barely hit in line but was definitely
going over.

Cheers,
Rod.

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 3:06:37 AM1/16/08
On Jan 16, 1:03 pm, Rod <r...@hotmail.com.removeme> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:03:26 -0800 (PST), brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com

> wrote:
>
> >"Theres absolutely no way that could be given out.. it was definitely
> >too high"
>
> >I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?
>
> I think it was not out too, barely hit in line but was definitely
> going over.
>
> Cheers,
> Rod.

outside off and 8 inches too high. aus playing the umpires again.

brijesh.k...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 3:08:06 AM1/16/08
Hopefully this is the only bad decisino in the game.

I have a feeling some Australian batsman would be given out in similar
circumstances too.. just to "compensate". Lets see what happens...

On Jan 16, 1:03 pm, Rod <r...@hotmail.com.removeme> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:03:26 -0800 (PST), brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com

jzfredricks

Jan 16, 2008, 3:09:11 AM1/16/08
> I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?

radio commentators say;

1) it looked plumb to the naked eye
2) there was NO way it was out after watching the replay

Technology 1, Old-fashioned fuddyduddies 0

ps: grats to sachin for not complaining. I don't recall anyone getting
as shafted as him on tour, yet he rarely complains.

dougie

Jan 16, 2008, 3:07:38 AM1/16/08
wrote in rec.sport.cricket:

> "Theres absolutely no way that could be given out.. it was definitely
> too high"
>
> I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?

hawkeye said not out, just going over. Of course hawkeye said the one that
wasn't given was hitting the stumps.

prakmel

Jan 16, 2008, 3:13:26 AM1/16/08

HE says it way way over.

Cricinfo is hilarious - they after all probably have Aussies writing
for them:

57.4 Lee to Tendulkar, OUT, this time Lee gets his man, as he pitches
on a short length and gets Tendulkar back in the crease, playing down
the wrong line and copping it very, very high on top of the pad, and
at the time of contact he was in the air ... umpire Rauf takes his
time to give it out ... replays show it was indeed high and going over
the top of off stump ... another of those marginal calls and Tendulkar
shakes his head as he walks off

So according to CI: "very high on the pad, and at the time of the
contact he was in the air". Correct so far.

Then the logical bit which makes you wonder if they know the rules at
all:

"another of those marginal calls". Yes, just like they sawed off
Sachin last tour.

vigne...@hotmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 3:13:31 AM1/16/08

As I said in another posting, Australians players worked well on Rauf
when he denied an appeal three ball ago.

Vicky:

skoo...@googlemail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 3:13:52 AM1/16/08
On Jan 16, 12:08 am, brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hopefully this is the only bad decisino in the game.
>
> I have a feeling some Australian batsman would be given out in similar
> circumstances too..

Only of they were playing against a pack of Grizzlies. Australians
work the umpires relentlessly. Constantly baying for wickets. Like
they did this test. And sooner rather than later they get that wicket.
Recall Tendulkar's shoulder before wicket dismissal? or his LBW in
the last series off a thick edge that was heard 3 all the way down in
Antaratica?

-SB

Rod

Jan 16, 2008, 3:11:50 AM1/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:09:11 -0800 (PST), jzfredricks
<jzfre...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?
>
>radio commentators say;
>
>1) it looked plumb to the naked eye

Didn't look plumb on my screen. He was jumping in the air, on his
crease and hit at the top of the pad. I'll give the line but on
Perth, that's always going to fly harmlessly over the stumps.

Cheers,
Rod.

Jason Gillespie

Jan 16, 2008, 3:14:58 AM1/16/08

<brijesh.k...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Theres absolutely no way that could be given out.. it was definitely
> too high"
>
> I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?

Missing the stumps by 4 inches and hit outside the line of
off stump.

Shouldnt have been given.

Brett Lee will never get penalized for EXCESSIVE appealing
cuz he is an Australian.

RishiX

Jan 16, 2008, 3:15:38 AM1/16/08

I didnt watch the hawkeye, but I am really surprised that it was
"just" going over. From the shot I saw, ball struck well above
Sachin's knee roll and still had to travel 1.23m (also marginally
outside off - although that one was pretty close). I wouldve thought
it would've missed by atleast a foot.

Jason Gillespie

Jan 16, 2008, 3:15:31 AM1/16/08

"Rod" <ro...@hotmail.com.removeme> wrote in message

First time I saw an Australian rsc fan admitting the truth.

dougie

Jan 16, 2008, 3:24:07 AM1/16/08
Jason Gillespie wrote in rec.sport.cricket:

You're a hypocrite. You claimed it was fair that he was given * even though
hawkeye showed it as out just after tea. Now you're using hawkeye to
complain about the umpiring when he's actually given even though he wasn't
(according to hawkeye).

So, what is it? Do we use hawkeye or not? Either way tendulkar is out.

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 16, 2008, 3:34:42 AM1/16/08
On Jan 16, 1:24 pm, dougie <n...@anywhere.atall.org> wrote:
> Jason Gillespie wrote in rec.sport.cricket:
>

> > <brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com> wrote in message

that one was marginal, kissing the bails, so BotD. this one was just a
bad decision. let's hope the auslandians don't get into playing the
umpire again.

shineything

Jan 16, 2008, 3:42:06 AM1/16/08

Because this one gave an Indian out, whereas the previous one gave the
same Indian not out?

Very similar to Ponting in the previous test - a favourable decision
early on followed by a 'sawn-off' one later. The only difference is
that Tendulakr accepted the latter with rather better grace than
Ponting.

> let's hope the auslandians don't get into playing the
> umpire again.

To me, it's just

Jason Gillespie

Jan 16, 2008, 3:44:33 AM1/16/08

"dougie" <n...@anywhere.atall.org> wrote in message

> Jason Gillespie wrote in rec.sport.cricket:
>

>> <brijesh.k...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Theres absolutely no way that could be given out.. it was definitely
>>> too high"
>>>
>>> I saw it.. thought it was marginal.. what did Hawkeye say?
>>

>> Missing the stumps by 4 inches and hit outside the line of
>> off stump.
>>
>> Shouldnt have been given.
>>
>> Brett Lee will never get penalized for EXCESSIVE appealing
>> cuz he is an Australian.
>>

> You're a hypocrite.

You are a low iq idiot.

>You claimed it was fair that he was given * even though
> hawkeye showed it as out just after tea. Now you're using hawkeye to
> complain about the umpiring when he's actually given even though he wasn't
> (according to hawkeye).
>
> So, what is it? Do we use hawkeye or not? Either way tendulkar is out.

Read the other guy subirwa who responded to you.

My response would have been the same.

Rod

Jan 16, 2008, 3:47:36 AM1/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:13:52 -0800 (PST), "skoo...@googlemail.com"
<skoo...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Tendulkar's shoulder before wicket dismissal?

Which was clearly out?

Cheers,
Rod.

dougie

Jan 16, 2008, 3:58:50 AM1/16/08

That wasn't the question. The question was ... Do you want to use hawkeye
or not?

If we do use hawkeye, tendulkar was out earlier, so the second (bad)
decision would never have been made.

You're using hawkeye to claim tendulkar wasn't out on the second
decision.

So, why aren't you complaining that Tendulkar was out earlier (according
to hawkeye) meaning that the second )bad) decision would never have been
made anyway.

Yes, you're still a hypocrite.

bhandava

Jan 16, 2008, 7:50:37 AM1/16/08
Jason Gillespie wrote:

> First time I saw an Australian rsc fan admitting the truth.

Liar.
I've seen plenty of Australian fans calling you troll, dickhead, wanker,
and racist cunt.

bhandava

dechucka

Jan 16, 2008, 2:58:21 PM1/16/08

"Rod" <ro...@hotmail.com.removeme> wrote in message

Wasn't Tendulker OUT earlier LBE according to Hawkeye

Rod

Jan 16, 2008, 4:32:39 PM1/16/08
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:58:21 +1100, "dechucka"
<dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:

>>>I think it was not out too, barely hit in line but was definitely
>>>going over.
>>
>> ...and Hawkeye agrees.
>

>Wasn't Tendulker OUT earlier LBE according to Hawkeye

Your point?

Cheers,
Rod.

dechucka

Jan 16, 2008, 4:45:55 PM1/16/08

"Rod" <ro...@hotmail.com.removeme> wrote in message

That he probably shouldn't have been there to receive the bad Hawkeye
decision. If people are going to base LBW arguments on Hawkeye they should
discuss the "good and bad" (from their players pov) that Hawkeye gives

Jason Gillespie

Jan 16, 2008, 4:55:13 PM1/16/08

"dougie" <n...@anywhere.atall.org> wrote in message

You are still a low iq dumbcunt since you are just another
programmed machine your world is infested with.

I have no time to expand the size in your mole brain.

Go buy a high IQed brain to replace your current one.

Jason Gillespie

Jan 16, 2008, 5:05:43 PM1/16/08

"bhandava" <bhandava_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

psychopath bhandava,

Amazing and mindboggling to see so many geniuses with
Sarcasm Phds on rsc.

You have not responded to YOUR TORTURE VICTIM
"Husband of FBI n NSA agents" yet who accuses you to be
a JEW HATING RACIST.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/980ab3708800aba8