Grundig Sat. 800

c...@wsa.org

Mar 14, 2008, 3:44:01 AM3/14/08
Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement tuning knob for a
Grundig Sat. 800?. I have tried searching the internet with no luck. Any
info. will be appreciated. Thank You.

k35454

Mar 14, 2008, 8:16:53 PM3/14/08

<c...@wsa.org> wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement tuning knob for a
Grundig Sat. 800?. I have tried searching the internet with no luck. Any
info. will be appreciated. Thank You.

Universal Radio ? k35454.

J.L.Hemmer

Mar 14, 2008, 10:22:00 PM3/14/08

Ask Mike...he used to make knobs for certain radios...might still have
some around. http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian/

k35454

Mar 15, 2008, 2:27:00 AM3/15/08

"J.L.Hemmer" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

The tuning knov has an internal ball-bearing vernier drive. k35454.

RHF

Mar 15, 2008, 2:07:20 AM3/15/08

-
- Ask Mike...he used to make knobs for certain radios...
- might still have some around.
- http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian/
-
- The tuning knov has an internal ball-bearing vernier drive.
- k35454.

K35454,

Read this Message
high quality machined metal tuning knob for communications receivers
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/52f3b856d530c91d
.

k35454

Mar 15, 2008, 2:52:54 PM3/15/08

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

K35454,

RHF: I checked out your reference. It seems to be direct
drive.
Somebody on the Sat800 group on Yahoo had tuning knob trouble a
while back which was cured by purchasing a new genuine replacement
from Universal Radio. That firm appears to be the only "approved"
source for parts and service. k35454.
.

RHF

Mar 15, 2008, 4:07:57 PM3/15/08
On Mar 15, 11:52 am, "k35454" <k35...@direct.ca> wrote:
> "RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> On Mar 14, 11:27 pm, "k35454" <k35...@direct.ca> wrote:> "J.L.Hemmer" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:44:01 -0800, <c...@wsa.org> wrote:
>
> - - Does anyone know where I can obtain a
> - - replacement tuning knob for aGrundig Sat. 800? .
> - - I have tried searching the internet with no luck.
> - - Any info. will be appreciated.
> - - Thank You.
> -
> - Ask Mike...he used to make knobs for certain radios...
> - might still have some around.
> -http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian/

> -
> - The tuning knov has an internal ball-bearing vernier drive.
> - k35454.
>
> K35454,
>
> Read this Message
> high quality machined metal tuning knob for communications receivers
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/52f3b856d530c91d

- RHF: I checked out your reference.
- It seems to be direct drive.
-
- Somebody on the Sat800 group on Yahoo had tuning knob
- trouble a while back which was cured by purchasing a new
- genuine replacement from Universal Radio.
- That firm appears to be the only "approved" source for parts
- and service.
- k35454.
.

K35454,

Taking-Off the Tuning Knob from one of my
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radios :
I examined it to find :

1 - The Encoder uses a Standard Notched "D" Shaft
that is made of Black Plastic.

2 - Around the Shaft is a 1/2" Brass Collar {Tube}

3 - Looking at the Back of the Tuning Knob : There
is the Metal Outer Knob; with a White Plastic Insert;
plus a Metal Ball-Bearing; and a White Plastic "D"
Hole to slide-on-to the Black Plastic Notched "D" Shaft .

4 - The Inner Race of the Metal Ball-Bearing fits-over
the the Outer-Diameter of the Brass Collar; this is a
Snug-Fit -not- Pinched-Fit.

5 - The Mechanical-Load of the Tuning-Knob is born
by the Metal Ball-Bearing and the Brass Collar; and
the Black Plastic Notched "D" Shaft just goes along
for the ride.

NOTE - This is not simply a Metal Tuning Knob -it-is-
a Tuning Knob "Assembly" made of Metal, Plastic
and Ball-Bearing.

FWIW - The "Variable" Turning Rate Function of the
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio's Tuning Knob
does not come from the Knob or Shaft -but- from the
Function of the Turning Encoder 'itself' detecting' the
"Rate-or-Turn" of the Tuning Knob :
* Slowing-down the Frequency Display Change
when the Tuning Knob is turned 'slowly'.
* Normal Frequency Display Change when the
Tuning Knob is turned 'normally'.
* Accellerating the Frequency Display Change
when the Tuning Knob is turned 'rapidly'.

-IF- Universal-Radio .Com sells them - Great !
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0800.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/intro.html
Toll Free : 1-800-431-3939 for Orders, Availability and Prices
Technical Information : 1-614-866-4267 {Rag Chewing}

-cause- Eton Corp / Grundig USA Parts webpage is
very limited - http://www.etoncorp.com/orderparts

That-Something-Extra : For those interested in the
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio * Check-Out *
the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio Group
GS800M => http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Satellit800/

idtars ~ RHF
.