Two Wrongs vs Narrow Minds (LSJ)

floppyzedolfin

Jun 12, 2009, 5:21:43 AM6/12/09
Hello,

Here's a plausible situation:
Narrow Minds is in play.
A bleed of my grand predator gets deflected to me.
Can I play Two Wrongs?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d4deb0df72b7bfc1
makes me think I can't (I, as a Methuselah, can't pay a cost in blood
or life. I can only pay pool amounts).

===

Narrow Minds
Cardtype: Event
Inconnu. Do not replace until your untap phase.
Cards that change the target of a bleed cost an additional blood or
life.

Two Wrongs
Cardtype: Master
Master: out-of-turn. Trifle.
Play when a minion controlled by a Methuselah other than your predator
is bleeding you. That minion is now bleeding his or her prey. The next
card that would change the target of this bleed is canceled as it is
played.

Blooded Sand

Jun 12, 2009, 5:50:43 AM6/12/09
On Jun 12, 11:21 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here's a plausible situation:
> Narrow Minds is in play.
> A bleed of my grand predator gets deflected to me.
> Can I play Two Wrongs?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d4de...

> makes me think I can't (I, as a Methuselah, can't pay a cost in blood
> or life. I can only pay pool amounts).
>
> ===
>
> Narrow Minds
> Cardtype: Event
> Inconnu. Do not replace until your untap phase.
> Cards that change the target of a bleed cost an additional blood or
> life.
>
> Two Wrongs
> Cardtype: Master
> Master: out-of-turn. Trifle.
> Play when a minion controlled by a Methuselah other than your predator
> is bleeding you. That minion is now bleeding his or her prey. The next
> card that would change the target of this bleed is canceled as it is
> played.

You can play it, you just pay zero as it asks for blood or life cost
only

LSJ

Jun 12, 2009, 6:38:27 AM6/12/09
Blooded Sand wrote:
> On Jun 12, 11:21 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Narrow Minds is in play.
>> A bleed of my grand predator gets deflected to me.
>> Can I play Two Wrongs? (I, as a Methuselah, can't pay a cost in blood

>> or life. I can only pay pool amounts).
>>

> You can play it, you just pay zero as it asks for blood or life cost
> only

Correct. Adding blood or life cost to a master card has no effect (like adding
damage to a non-damage-dealing strike).

floppyzedolfin

Jun 12, 2009, 7:16:16 AM6/12/09
Can Two Wrongs be played before blocks are declined?
(So, if it were cancelled, I could still attempt to block)
[I think so, since there's no explicit cardtext]

Can Two Wrongs be played during a block attempt?
(example: Yay, that's difficult... Let's say a bleed gets deflected to
me, I attempt to block. The acting minion plays Faceless Night. I play
Spirit's Touch, can I play Two Wrongs before the acting gets to play
another stealth card? Can I play TW before he gets to say "OK, the
action is blocked" ? Could I have played Two Wrongs instead of
Spirit's Touch, without explicitely saying "That's too much stealth
for me, my block attempt is unsuccessful." ?)
[I think so, for the same reason. Though if it is the case, I'll have
stupid questions involving Eagle's Sight]

Can Two Wrongs be played in the "as action is announced" window?
(example : Julia Prima bleeds her minionless predator, TW gets played
"as action is announced", can Julia Prima now play Seduction on her
prey's vampire?)
[I'm pretty sure it can't, per lack of explicit cardtext]

LSJ

Jun 12, 2009, 7:43:57 AM6/12/09
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> Can Two Wrongs be played before blocks are declined?
> (So, if it were cancelled, I could still attempt to block)
> [I think so, since there's no explicit cardtext]

No. That is the rule. Any text to that effect is just reminder text.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/4317a8da50cdb644
(and surrounding thread)

> Can Two Wrongs be played during a block attempt?

No, given the above.

> Can Two Wrongs be played in the "as action is announced" window?

No, given first answer above.