Blind Spot vs imbued?

Klai...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2007, 5:12:33 PM4/2/07
Does Blind Spot prevent an imbued chosen for blind spot from using
reactionary powers when the chosen vampire is acting? Such as Champion
for example.

Bram Vink

Apr 2, 2007, 5:21:52 PM4/2/07

Yep. Reaction powers can be used when you can play reactions. When you
cannot, you cannot use your reaction powers.

So whereas on the qui vive allows the use of these powers, blind spot
denies said use.

Cheers,

islando...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2007, 11:58:32 PM4/2/07
On Apr 2, 2:21 pm, "Bram Vink" <jja.v...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> On 2 apr, 23:12, Klaita...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Does Blind Spot prevent an imbued chosen for blind spot from using
> > reactionary powers when the chosen vampire is acting? Such as Champion
> > for example.
>
> Yep. Reaction powers can be used when you can play reactions. When you
> cannot, you cannot use your reaction powers.

I agree that they use the same timing window, but Blind Spot says
specifically "reaction cards", and powers are not reaction cards.

> So whereas on the qui vive allows the use of these powers, blind spot
> denies said use.

OtQV allows you to play reactions, including powers? I'm not sure
either way here, but I wouldn't be surprised. However, card text on
Blind Spot is clear; reaction cards.

-- Brian

James Coupe

Apr 3, 2007, 2:51:10 AM4/3/07
In message <1175572712.6...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

It's similarly clear on OtQV.

Only usable by a tapped minion. This reacting minion can play
reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the
current action is concluded.

However, when a reaction card can be played, a reaction power can be
used: <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/
be701b4b6dbb0a21>

It says that the Reaction symbol indicates when the power can be
used. Meaning that the reaction symbol says that the power can
be used whenever a reaction card may be. [LSJ 20060911]

Since Blind Spot bans reaction cards from that minion, it seems logical
to assume that it also bans reaction-based powers.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Bram Vink

Apr 3, 2007, 4:00:51 AM4/3/07

Yep, and as per James' comment: Allowing or disallowing the playing of
reaction cards, also enables/disables the possibility of using
reaction-style powers. You can use these powers whenever you can play
a reaction card.

Cheers,

Bram

LSJ

Apr 3, 2007, 6:46:18 AM4/3/07
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1175572712.6...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
> islando...@aol.com writes:
>> On Apr 2, 2:21 pm, "Bram Vink" <jja.v...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>>> So whereas on the qui vive allows the use of these powers, blind spot
>>> denies said use.
>> OtQV allows you to play reactions, including powers? I'm not sure
>> either way here, but I wouldn't be surprised. However, card text on
>> Blind Spot is clear; reaction cards.
>
> It's similarly clear on OtQV.
>
> Only usable by a tapped minion. This reacting minion can play
> reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the
> current action is concluded.
>
> However, when a reaction card can be played, a reaction power can be
> used: <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/
> be701b4b6dbb0a21>
>
> It says that the Reaction symbol indicates when the power can be
> used. Meaning that the reaction symbol says that the power can
> be used whenever a reaction card may be. [LSJ 20060911]
>
> Since Blind Spot bans reaction cards from that minion, it seems logical
> to assume that it also bans reaction-based powers.

Correct.

as...@hotmail.com

Apr 3, 2007, 7:20:30 AM4/3/07
On 3 Apr, 12:46, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> James Coupe wrote:
> > In message <1175572712.669596.139...@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
> Correct.- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

Is not this kind of inconsistent compared to strike/strike card? Would
it not be better with consistency?

Sorrow

Apr 3, 2007, 7:47:50 AM4/3/07
>>> So whereas on the qui vive allows the use of these powers, blind spot
>>> denies said use.
>> OtQV allows you to play reactions, including powers? I'm not sure
>> either way here, but I wouldn't be surprised. However, card text on
>> Blind Spot is clear; reaction cards.
> Only usable by a tapped minion. This reacting minion can play
> reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the
> current action is concluded.

How do you reconcile the conflict in general where one card denies a
particular thing but another allows it's use? Does the deny always override
the allow?

Sorrow
---
"..and most surprisingly of all - hardly any shock value.
How can you make a film about bumping uglies with the dead
and yet lack shock value?"

LSJ

Apr 3, 2007, 7:56:10 AM4/3/07
as...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On 3 Apr, 12:46, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> James Coupe wrote:
>>> It says that the Reaction symbol indicates when the power can be
>>> used. Meaning that the reaction symbol says that the power can
>>> be used whenever a reaction card may be. [LSJ 20060911]
>>> Since Blind Spot bans reaction cards from that minion, it seems logical
>>> to assume that it also bans reaction-based powers.
>> Correct.

> Is not this kind of inconsistent compared to strike/strike card?

How do you see it as inconsistent?

LSJ

Apr 3, 2007, 7:58:55 AM4/3/07
Sorrow wrote:
>>> OtQV allows you to play reactions, including powers? I'm not sure
>>> either way here, but I wouldn't be surprised. However, card text on
>>> Blind Spot is clear; reaction cards.
>> Only usable by a tapped minion. This reacting minion can play
>> reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the
>> current action is concluded.
>
> How do you reconcile the conflict in general where one card denies a
> particular thing but another allows it's use? Does the deny always override
> the allow?

Here there's no conflict.

One effect allows reaction cards "as if untapped".

But that doesn't allow reaction cards' requirements to be overlooked, for example.

If the minion couldn't play the reaction card if he were untapped, then, when
tapped, On the Qui Vive's effect is not sufficient to allow the use, since it
only allows the use "as if untapped".

adam....@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2007, 8:56:38 AM4/3/07

Wait... what happened to the original question (disregarding the On
the Que Vie stuff)?

If you play blind spot on an UNtapped imbued with champion, can he use
Champion? (since its a reaction power and is not Playing a reaction
card).

I'm guessing I missed the answer somewhere...

LSJ

Apr 3, 2007, 9:09:52 AM4/3/07

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/df9843dbc7ffd17d