Lords of the Night Spoilers on ebay

marcu...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2007, 8:23:17 AM9/25/07
For thos with a dire need for spoilers:
Search ebay for "vtes lords". You will find auctions with pictures for
most of the cards. The scans are good, you will be able to read the
texts.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Orpheus

Sep 25, 2007, 9:51:53 AM9/25/07
Wow ! Nice stuff there.

I'll just speak ot the cards I didn't see spoiled yet. I won't spoil the
texts, just make comments and indicate the name, you're all free to go there
and see by yourself !! ;-)

- AK47 (already saw the spoiler but waited to B sure to talk about it) :
well, it's a variant, but I prefer Assault Rifle in all the Cel decks : an
additional will cause 4 more, so if the first strike is dodged it's 2 more,
if it's not it's 4 more, with a Blur it's a sheer difference of 6... The
only case where it's (marginally) better is in decks without the possiblity
to do additionals and if you're afraid of dodges or prevent.

- Bestow Vigor : Fortitude available to other vamps, ok... Wait, Fortitude
available to ALLIES ?!?! For 2 turns !!! Harbinger Shamblings, here I come
!!!

- Black Throne is just EX-CELLENT for Assamites ! Just the kind of cards
they needed.

- Charigger is ok

- Command the Legions : very nice, thanks to the superior effect ; of course
you'll need to add stealth so it's not good in plain tap'n'bleed decks

- Condemn the Sins of the Father : another Quietus useless piece of
cardboard, great ! :-(

- Conceal : toolbox warning included

- Community Justice : mega-cornercase

- Chair of Hades : more Imbued Hate !! :grin:
At superior, it's also necro weenie-hate. Could be good to include 1-3 in a
deck with strong recursive possibilities (Burn, Weenies, BUUUUUUUUUUUUURN
!!!)

- Eyes of Blades : there must be a few interesting uses with it, but the
cases where it's better than a S:CE or a "real" strike will be few.

- Fantasy World : a little expensive compared to the much better Sensory ;
only really useful if you also need to pass a vote or a bleed you're afraid
might be redirected.

- Hard Case : and now an Obedience in For too ?! :O Ok, it requires blocking
and costs a blood. Still...

- Kumpania : not what I'd put in my usual Ravnos decks, but it's a nice
addition for those who want to block (and fight !)

- Lesser Boon : well, it's exactly what was announced : lesser ! lol So you
have to be a blocker blocking a blocker ? Mmm... Not my cup blood.

- Malajit whatever : nice indian cabby. And is he gets caught they take his
license back ? eh.

- Mirror's Visage : NIIIIIIIIIIIICE !! Especially at superior of course, but
the inferior can come in handy sometimes (I'd put it only in decks where
most can play it at sup though). But of course, the Chi stealth is still
very costly, you'll need either the Path, this new equipment or Gabrin to
play most of the cards !!

- Mokole Blood : nice. FoS Tha > Magic of the Smith, anyone ?

- Narrow Minds : WOW ! And of course that's a Rare... :-(

- Powerbase Savannaj : nice illu ! Other than that, the requirement (tap
another loc) + the "may steal" part don't make it likely to be in any of my
decks (if I prepare myself to block, I usually have ways to resist - if not
desire - combat)

- Powerbase Zurich : Niiiiiiice ! Okay, midcap bleeders also have a cardless
way to bloat now... And it's not like there's any chance it'll get stolen if
you're sure to pass at least a bleed per turn.

- Preternatural Strength : permanent Torn is nothing to scorn about !! Might
even add a little Bruise to decks where you normally don't : now the Pot of
the Giovanni or Lasombra might show up a little more (put, like, 4 in a
deck...), that NICE !! Thanks for that card guys, you just de-cornercased a
whole in-clan discipline for at least 2 clans !!!
Ignazio or Baldesar striking for 4 all the time, and still the deck can be
stealth-oriented... YEEEAH !!!

- Resume the coil : bof... Another cornecase Nec card.

- Retain the Quick Blood (didn't comment it yet) : not too bad, Assamites
need blood.

- Soul Feasting : How many marginally useful cards does Necro still need ?
No, seriously...

- Swiss Cut : Ah, the Swiss School is under Giovanni Gontrol !! BO)
At last a card representing accurately the Giovanni investments. I like it,
and there's certainly something to be done in conjonction with Alan
Sovereign... Or Parthenon if you don't want to rely on corrupted Ventrue !
;-)

- Therbold Realty : nice for some decks (yes, including Slaughterhouses, as
I've read somewhere)...

- Tye Cooper : we now know that he's in perfect synergy with Charriger.

- Kpist m/45 : ok, now there's no way this is better than the .44 in any way
that would justify the +1 pool !! If AK-47 costs as much as Assault Rifle,
this should cost 2, and I would still prefer .44 in most cases (see above).

- Target Vitals : so it's not the bollocks. ;-) Still, nice. And you know
what ? Shamblings can play it too... (+2, and no counter-pressing my
Trap...).

- Undying Tenacity : not bad if you have access to the superior.

- Talith : dispensable.

Ok, I'm done, now I'll go see the new Giovanni !! :-)
--
"All Hail the Lords of the Night !"

Orpheus

unihi...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2007, 10:09:00 AM9/25/07
On 25 syys, 16:51, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@free.fr> wrote:

> - AK47 (already saw the spoiler but waited to B sure to talk about it) :
> well, it's a variant, but I prefer Assault Rifle in all the Cel decks : an
> additional will cause 4 more, so if the first strike is dodged it's 2 more,
> if it's not it's 4 more, with a Blur it's a sheer difference of 6...

Assault Rifle + Blur: 4+4+4=12 damage. AK 47+Blur: 2+2+2+2=8 damage, a
difference of 4, not 6 damage?

> only case where it's (marginally) better is in decks without the possiblity
> to do additionals and if you're afraid of dodges or prevent.

The additional strike from AK47 (and Kpist) should work well with ammo
cards.

Orpheus

Sep 25, 2007, 10:17:21 AM9/25/07
Wait, I just saw SPELL OF LIFE !!! Setite weenies + Mummies, here we go !!
Lucky for us there are all those anti-allies cards now...

Oh, and Luna Giovanni is great but why is she so UGLY, she ain't no
Nosferatu !!

Err, one thing... There is no Laibach Treaty on the checklist, so WTF ?!

Orpheus

Sep 25, 2007, 10:18:56 AM9/25/07
>> - AK47 (already saw the spoiler but waited to B sure to talk about it) :
>> well, it's a variant, but I prefer Assault Rifle in all the Cel decks :
>> an
>> additional will cause 4 more, so if the first strike is dodged it's 2
>> more,
>> if it's not it's 4 more, with a Blur it's a sheer difference of 6...
>
> Assault Rifle + Blur: 4+4+4=12 damage. AK 47+Blur: 2+2+2+2=8 damage, a
> difference of 4, not 6 damage?

Yes, you're right, sorry. Did this too fast. Anyway, you got my meaning.

>> only case where it's (marginally) better is in decks without the
>> possiblity
>> to do additionals and if you're afraid of dodges or prevent.
>
> The additional strike from AK47 (and Kpist) should work well with ammo
> cards.

Better than Assault (or .44) would ? And it's not like munitions have been
deemed worth using in most Cel Guns decks...

marcu...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2007, 10:38:44 AM9/25/07
On Sep 25, 4:09 pm, unihiut...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 25 syys, 16:51, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > - AK47 (already saw the spoiler but waited to B sure to talk about it) :
> > well, it's a variant, but I prefer Assault Rifle in all the Cel decks : an
> > additional will cause 4 more, so if the first strike is dodged it's 2 more,
> > if it's not it's 4 more, with a Blur it's a sheer difference of 6...
>
> Assault Rifle + Blur: 4+4+4=12 damage. AK 47+Blur: 2+2+2+2=8 damage, a
> difference of 4, not 6 damage?

Note that AK47 and Kpist m/45 do not have the clause, "the additional
strike does not count against the additional strike limit". Here the
spoiler was wrong. Looks like a playtester spilled the beans...

IMHO these two guns only make sense for decks without cel or
additional strikes. Then the AK47 is better than an Assault Rifle for
obvious reasons.

Kine regards,

Marcus

Orpheus

Sep 25, 2007, 10:42:53 AM9/25/07
> Note that AK47 and Kpist m/45 do not have the clause, "the additional
> strike does not count against the additional strike limit". Here the
> spoiler was wrong. Looks like a playtester spilled the beans...

Which makes the Kpist even worse.

> IMHO these two guns only make sense for decks without cel or
> additional strikes. Then the AK47 is better than an Assault Rifle for
> obvious reasons.

Yes, but Kpist is bad most of the time (if only because of the additional,
uh, cost) !

Petri Wessman

Sep 25, 2007, 10:54:36 AM9/25/07
On Sep 25, 5:42 pm, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@free.fr> wrote:
> Yes, but Kpist is bad most of the time (if only because of the additional,
> uh, cost) !

Yeah, doesn't seem very hot. Gun decks tend to have celerity, making
this totally useless for them, and as for decks that use guns as
combat defense / basic combat package... well, dunno. Sure, 1+1 damage
is usually better than 2 in one strike, but it's still pretty
borderline; paying 1 extra pool for that seems iffy.

On the other hand, maybe a deck with lots of Manstopper Rounds (+
Magazine) could use this. Being able to do 2+2 damage, potentially on
a permanent basis, starts to be good. Also, it kills pesky popular
allies like Mylan and Carlton.

Hmmm. Will have to wait and see.

Generally, I'm really liking this set based on what I've read so far.
Tons of cool cards that are screaming "build a deck around me!" :).
Good job, design team.

//Petri

SPORE

Sep 25, 2007, 3:00:44 PM9/25/07

> Generally, I'm really liking this set based on what I've read so far.
> Tons of cool cards that are screaming "build a deck around me!" :).
> Good job, design team.
>
> //Petri

agreed. this set impresses me as an overall effort to
concentrate the game on Vampires and their Eternal Struggle again.
not allies, not equipment and locations, not events, and perhaps most
importantly, not time-outs (though we will have to wait and see what
develops in the metagame.) it gives much-needed boosts to assamites,
anti-weenie tech, and trophy decks. i tend to agree that Set gained
like a banditdeity, but the chemical-testing hole in the roof of my
mouth tells me that's a good thing.... ssssss....
(near-spoiler)
i also saw a new deck type in Precision, with Revelations or
Owls. or it could be a sidelight for someone like stanislava. but
this card could cause problems. how Precise must the user be? is
leaving a "the" off the card's name a failure? i would assume
so...
anyway, it looks like a lot of fun. glad the print run was
good. can't wait for them to arrive.
- sporemage37
1/37 = 3cubed/10cubed + 3cubed/100cubed + 3cubed/1000cubed + ...
3x37 = 111
3x37x7x13 = 10101
many simple patterns on a standard 9-digit number-pad divide evenly by
37.
the fear of 666 is just a by-product of the coolness of 37.

echia...@yahoo.com

Sep 25, 2007, 5:32:48 PM9/25/07
On 25 Sep, 15:54, Petri Wessman <or...@orava.org> wrote:
> Yeah, doesn't seem very hot. Gun decks tend to have celerity, making
> this totally useless for them, and as for decks that use guns as
> combat defense / basic combat package... well, dunno. Sure, 1+1 damage
> is usually better than 2 in one strike, but it's still pretty
> borderline; paying 1 extra pool for that seems iffy.
>
> On the other hand, maybe a deck with lots of Manstopper Rounds (+
> Magazine) could use this. Being able to do 2+2 damage, potentially on
> a permanent basis, starts to be good. Also, it kills pesky popular
> allies like Mylan and Carlton.
>
> Hmmm. Will have to wait and see.

In addition to a Mylan & Carlton killer, the Kpist is also ideal for
killing retainers. Bye bye birdies! Not to mention it can be brutal
with Imbued. Shoot with Kpist and Strike with Conviction, use the
additional strike to shoot again and use another Strike with
Conviction. Nice being able to do 4 damage in a single round!

On a different note, does anyone else absolutely LOVE the art for
Street Cred? Die, War Ghoul, die!

witness1

Sep 25, 2007, 5:35:07 PM9/25/07
On Sep 25, 5:32 pm, "echiang...@yahoo.com" <echiang...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Add in Manstopper rounds. Maybe an aim card on each strike. You can
probably do a ton of damage with that kind of tech.

> On a different note, does anyone else absolutely LOVE the art for
> Street Cred? Die, War Ghoul, die!

Gimme some knuckle.

witness1

Dai

Sep 25, 2007, 7:33:00 PM9/25/07

I've zipped all the Ebay images and uploaded them here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HCM20KG .

Looks like a good set, but a lot of power creep. Assies got better
quietus stuff, but I didn't see anything in quietus to help make their
combat top tier.

Cheers,

Dai

Klai...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2007, 2:55:16 AM9/26/07
> witness1- Piilota siteerattu teksti -
>
> - Näytä siteerattu teksti -

You don't think kpist is useless anymore after Smudge aims your vitals
twice with manstopper rounds with it. :) Thats 8 damage in a round
from a 1 cap with no discplines and 3 combat cards so qualifies for
short chain combat.

marcu...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2007, 3:39:34 AM9/26/07
On Sep 26, 1:33 am, Dai <kakitada...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've zipped all the Ebay images and uploaded them here:
>
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HCM20KG.
>
> Looks like a good set, but a lot of power creep. Assies got better
> quietus stuff, but I didn't see anything in quietus to help make their
> combat top tier.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dai

Now that's a great idea. Thanks a lot!

Kine regards,

Marcus

Orpheus

Sep 26, 2007, 4:07:25 AM9/26/07
More cards seen (mostly Family...) :

- Shroud of Night : what do you think ? Another way to cycle for Giovanni
isn't bad, is it ? Only usable on Nec or Gio actions doesn't make it too
strong...

- False Resonance : expensive, and I'd prefer other Chi stealth cards in
most cases, but OTOH counter a +2 Intercept or a Misdirection is nothing to
scorn at... This being said, this set seems to confirm that the Path of
Paradox (or that new equipment) is a must-play in Ravnos decks.

- Diego Giovanni : All the in-clan for 8, a nice special, that's already
worth playing him. Of course if you find a way to use Ani or if you want a
Dom / Chi crypt (or even for just a few handy Sensories in your Gio deck...)
go ahead !! So many things in one nicely priced package can't be bad.

- Francis Milliner : no Dom makes him an intruder in the clan, fat chances
I'll play him anytime soon.

- Gianmaria Giovanni : isn't that a boy's name ? Anyway, I've been hoping a
long time for a possible mix between Lasombra (or Kyasid) and Giovanni, it
might not be the most optimized available tech but it's at least possible
now, so I'm glad ! :-) Too bad Ian Forrestal isn't there to see that...

- Guillaume Giovanni : one more ObteGio. Nice specials. And CEL might hurt,
if he gets friends to play with...

- Kay Polerno : strange... More Pro is nice, without Pot it might not be as
effective, but... Has to be tried out. At least it looks life Pro and Obt
are the new Gio out-of-clans !

- Paolo Sardenzo : Nice special, thematic weakness, and two nice
out-of-clans. Inf Dom makes him a less-than-average choice for bleed decks,
but for the rest he's quite nice.

- Luna : the head of the Necrobters. A strange special for one with just 1
vote, maybe they thought it would have been too strong to give her 2 ?!
Anyway there must be a few things to try out with her... Now, why in hell
did they make her so ugly ?!?

- Primo Giovanni : as much as I dislike Meyer's work pre LotN or on Francis
Milliner, I gotta say that one's great ! Other than that, Primo is a
standard family 4-Cap.

- Stephen Milliner : strange mix of disciplines, maybe to play with some
Ishtarri ? Or in a Nec/Pre vote deck.

- Will-o'-the-Wisp : enormous ! The Ravnos don't even need Obfuscate for
their bleeding hordes (with a small "h")...

- Gramle : lol the name ! As for the effect, in disciplineless this is plain
monstruous !!

Ok, I think I'm done now. And this makes me want to :

a) make and keep 4-5 different Giovanni decks (possible to vary more now,
thanks DT for that !!)

b) update the Necrosite, although some vampires are so particular in their
specials / discipline spreads that I might want a few months before rating /
commenting them...

Orpheus

Sep 26, 2007, 4:12:55 AM9/26/07

> I've zipped all the Ebay images and uploaded them here:
>
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HCM20KG .

Thanks for that.

> Looks like a good set, but a lot of power creep.

What do you mean, that they are good or not ?

> Assies got better
> quietus stuff, but I didn't see anything in quietus to help make their
> combat top tier.

Among combat of course ? Well, looks like the best stuff they got in this
set isn't Quietus (either Cel or clan), and the best new Qui cards ain't
combat, so you'll have to make do with it (and not be top tier whatever).

Christoph

Sep 27, 2007, 9:20:43 AM9/27/07
On Sep 25, 10:17 am, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@free.fr> wrote:
> Wait, I just sawSPELLOFLIFE!!! Setite weenies + Mummies, here we go !!

> Lucky for us there are all those anti-allies cards now...

This card is horribly overpowered, even with only being able to play
one per turn. Team it up with Mesu Bedshet to move your crypt into
your inactive region and once the Spell goes off, you have 5 minions
that go into play all at once and who can immediately act. Even with
the new anti-ally, they are going to be harder to kill off because
they have life equal to the capacity of the vamp. Unless you just
happen to have, say, Autonomic Mastery in hand, once the mummies hit
the table, there is very likely going to be a few vamps going to be
taking a dirt nap. Either that or an easy bleed of 5 *right away*.

A 5 minion swing is huge. And the fact that they can immediately act
once put in play is, IMO, a real problem.

Sorrow

Petri Wessman

Sep 27, 2007, 10:05:18 AM9/27/07
On Sep 27, 4:20 pm, Christoph <christoph.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This card is horribly overpowered,

> A 5 minion swing is huge. And the fact that they can immediately act
> once put in play is, IMO, a real problem.
>
> Sorrow

Well, on the other hand you can see it coming from miles away, it's
not like those 5 minions come out of nowhere without warning. I don't
see this as all that different from the various "breeder" decks out
there, just with a slightly different focus and mechanic.

In other words, I'm not too worried. Cool card.

//Petri

John P.

Sep 27, 2007, 10:36:21 AM9/27/07

If you want to see broken, look at the draft text.
You only need 2 spells of life. Matt Morgan demonstrated
how bad it could be at the NAC in a release event draft.

-John P.

Rehlow

Sep 27, 2007, 2:36:31 PM9/27/07
On Sep 27, 8:20 am, Christoph <christoph.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 25, 10:17 am, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Wait, I just sawSPELLOFLIFE!!! Setite weenies + Mummies, here we go !!
> > Lucky for us there are all those anti-allies cards now...
>
> This card is horribly overpowered, even with only being able to play
> one per turn. Team it up with Mesu Bedshet to move your crypt into
> your inactive region and once the Spell goes off, you have 5 minions
> that go into play all at once and who can immediately act. Even with
> the new anti-ally, they are going to be harder to kill off because
> they have life equal to the capacity of the vamp. Unless you just
> happen to have, say, Autonomic Mastery in hand, once the mummies hit
> the table, there is very likely going to be a few vamps going to be
> taking a dirt nap. Either that or an easy bleed of 5 *right away*.

A weenie with inferior dominate can bleed for 5 on the second turn of
the game. At earliest this will happen on turn 6.

> A 5 minion swing is huge. And the fact that they can immediately act
> once put in play is, IMO, a real problem.

You have to carefully construct your crypt (the mummies are unique) so
that you can actually get 5 into play. You have to put way more than 5
Spell of Life in your deck so that you always have one to play each
turn and you need to make sure your Spell of Life isn't blocked.

Its pretty crazy in draft, I don't think it will be in constructed.

Later,
~Rehlow

Christoph

Sep 27, 2007, 3:22:25 PM9/27/07
> > A 5 minion swing is huge. And the fact that they can immediately act
> > once put in play is, IMO, a real problem.
> You have to carefully construct your crypt (the mummies are unique) so
> that you can actually get 5 into play. You have to put way more than 5
> Spell of Life in your deck so that you always have one to play each
> turn and you need to make sure your Spell of Lifeisn't blocked.

Umm, obfuscate? It's one of the FoS inclans, you know.

> Its pretty crazy in draft, I don't think it will be in constructed.

You can go ahead and say that now. I challenge you to build a deck
around it to see if it performs as you expect it to (ie, not crazy).

Sorrow

John P.

Sep 27, 2007, 3:39:49 PM9/27/07

Rather than Rehlow trying to prove a negative, why don't you
build the deck that will be crazy?

The mummies can use no discipline so their combat is pretty much no
maneuver, hands for two.

Ideally you want 5+ very large seties so that your deck is not
hamstrung by no setites in the opening hand. This will cause you
crypt issues as if all you are doing is getting Spells of life
your defense and offense will suffer. To do more than just get spells
of life you need smaller vampires -> smaller mummies.

It will be good, but not game breaking. And just think about
the table hate that 3-4 spells of life on the table will bring.

No secrets and a gun will kill mummies dead, as will countless
other tech.

-John P.

witness1

Sep 27, 2007, 3:43:30 PM9/27/07
On Sep 27, 3:39 pm, "John P." <jtpat...@mts.net> wrote:
> No secrets and a gun will kill mummies dead, as will countless
> other tech.

?

No Secrets doesn't work on allies. And setites have obf, so using it
to block the Spell of Life action isn't always going to work out
either.

witness1

Daneel

Sep 27, 2007, 3:50:18 PM9/27/07
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:22:25 -0000, Christoph <christo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > A 5 minion swing is huge. And the fact that they can immediately act
>> > once put in play is, IMO, a real problem.
>> You have to carefully construct your crypt (the mummies are unique) so
>> that you can actually get 5 into play. You have to put way more than 5
>> Spell of Life in your deck so that you always have one to play each
>> turn and you need to make sure your Spell of Lifeisn't blocked.
>
> Umm, obfuscate? It's one of the FoS inclans, you know.

Obfuscate is good. But it's not like Obfuscate = all actions auto-succeed.
Far from it!

>> Its pretty crazy in draft, I don't think it will be in constructed.
>
> You can go ahead and say that now. I challenge you to build a deck
> around it to see if it performs as you expect it to (ie, not crazy).

Though this remark wasn't directed at me, I'm pretty sure that the testing
would be more meaningful the other way around - e.g. if you think the card
is broken, and overpowered, you could demonstrate that by constructing a
deck that illustrates this.

I'm unconvinced that this card would be overpowered. In fact, I don't think
that building a deck around it is worth it. Spending a whole lot of
delivery mechanism and deck tech on getting 5 mummies in play - not sure
it's that much stronger than playing, say, Waters of Duat.

It's definitely cool, and worth a shot, because it's completely different
than other Followers decks, but for competitive play I'd stick to
bleeding,
tempting or corrupting.

--
Regards,

Daneel

John P.

Sep 27, 2007, 4:02:05 PM9/27/07

Okay, I don't play No Secrets enough. My bad.
I was looking at it to block the mummies 0 stealth actions.

Blocking the Setites -> Acknowledged to be difficult
Killing the mummies -> Not terribly difficult for a combat deck or a
deck
with guns.

I really do not think a deck built around mummies doing anything other
than
combat/trap will be all that effective, and I think that the mummies
will prove to be
fragile unless you manage what Matt pulled off in the LoN/KMW draft:
a crypt full of 9/10 caps, and enough spells of Life to do it twice.
(=4 in draft).
Its interesting to note that although Matt got the Spell off in both
draft games
they did not help him on the second table, where he was ganged up on
and ousted IIRC.

In a constructed game where its tougher to protect the Setites I think
the Spell of Life will be helpful but not overpowering.

John P.

Blooded Sand

Sep 27, 2007, 6:27:56 PM9/27/07

I am mostly seeing Spell of life in Conjunction With Naktorheb as the
main vamp, each turn spelling and mesuing. Or spelling and Water of
duating. Once the mummies come into play, make them rush enough, and
hard enough that they die pretty fast. Maybe using aim/trap/wws with
them could be useful. Its when they burn that i think you can abuse
it, by eternal masking the aforementioned waters into nice, big, juicy
10 caps....

AcheronNi...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2007, 6:56:23 PM9/27/07
killing 10 life is not so easy - it is very card intensive

best way to make it work

3xNakhthorheb
2xHalim Bey
1xBelle Equitone
1xReverend Djoser Jones
5xSetite fatties

and lots of 4 pool - move 5 pool on 9+cap setite and minion taps(with
splash khobar towers tech)

or simply all fatties and Halim Bey

JJeff

Sep 27, 2007, 11:44:53 PM9/27/07
On Sep 28, 6:27 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am mostly seeing Spell of life in Conjunction With Naktorheb as the
> main vamp, each turn spelling and mesuing. Or spelling and Water of
> duating. Once the mummies come into play, make them rush enough, and
> hard enough that they die pretty fast. Maybe using aim/trap/wws with
> them could be useful. Its when they burn that i think you can abuse
> it, by eternal masking the aforementioned waters into nice, big, juicy
> 10 caps

I was thinking of Naktorheb spelling and Bedshet-ing at the start.
When the mummies come into play, Naktorheb starts to do Dream world
superior, untap and then the mummies (who are now at + 1 bleed) start
bleeding with Naktorheb using Veil the Legions superior.
We could also do Cave of Apples and have the mummies start giving out
corruption tokens?

JJeff

Sep 28, 2007, 1:04:53 AM9/28/07
Sorry for the post so fast after my previous, but I got thinking,

Does the blood on the uncontrolled vamps go to the bank, your pool or
to Golconda when you Spell of Life? I assume the Bank...

Jeffrey
Sheriff of Singapore... (I think..)

LSJ

Sep 28, 2007, 6:18:22 AM9/28/07
JJeff wrote:
> Sorry for the post so fast after my previous, but I got thinking,
>
> Does the blood on the uncontrolled vamps go to the bank, your pool or
> to Golconda when you Spell of Life? I assume the Bank...

Correct. Same as with merging. Contrast card text on Chain of Command.

LSJ

Sep 28, 2007, 6:19:51 AM9/28/07
Salem wrote:

> Rehlow wrote:
>
>> You have to carefully construct your crypt (the mummies are unique) so
>> that you can actually get 5 into play.
>
> Yeah they're unique. But how does one define which other one's they'd
> contest?

By name.

> Does a mummy made with Dedefra contest an _actual_ vampire copy of Dedefra?

Yes.

dead...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 8:22:57 AM9/28/07

What happens when you make mummys(-ies?) out of Aabbts?

I think, their special/text of "not unique" do not apply, and so Mummy
Aabbts contests each other, but not the Vampire Aabbts.

I hope I'm wrong. (That they are all non-unique.)

LSJ

Sep 28, 2007, 8:33:53 AM9/28/07

dead...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 9:48:51 AM9/28/07

John P.

Sep 28, 2007, 10:21:44 AM9/28/07
On Sep 27, 5:27 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am mostly seeing Spell of life in Conjunction With Naktorheb as the
> main vamp, each turn spelling and mesuing. Or spelling and Water of
> duating. Once the mummies come into play, make them rush enough, and
> hard enough that they die pretty fast. Maybe using aim/trap/wws with
> them could be useful. Its when they burn that i think you can abuse
> it, by eternal masking the aforementioned waters into nice, big, juicy
> 10 caps...

I remember the gist of Eternal mask, anybody have the
actual card text handy? That could be pretty sweet.

-John P.

John P.

Sep 28, 2007, 10:51:31 AM9/28/07

Ouch.
from Eternal Mask: "Move a unique vampire from any ash heap"
You do have to get SER on the Waters but that is pretty nice.

Even nicer I think you can Khobar Towers the Eternal Mask
vampire. Thats just Nasty.
Spell of Life
5 10-caps. Get them killed.
2 Waters Eternal mask the 10 caps
1 per turn you gain 10 pool as the 10 caps go poof?

I feel sick. Other than stealth, serpentis skill
cards for the waters, this looks really vomit-inducing.

I'm begining to think a table without combat decks
will blow up quickly.

John P.

Blooded Sand

Sep 28, 2007, 11:00:33 AM9/28/07
The other alternative is of course Nefertiti, many Aabt, and skill
cards. The aabt Mesu bedshet, then Nefertiti Chain of Commands all the
weenies into play to bleed, gaining fairly large pool in the process
(the bleed is actually immaterial) and then use waters for even more
Aabts...

witness1

Sep 28, 2007, 11:06:10 AM9/28/07

I'm not sure how this gains you pool. Could you explain?

witness1

Blooded Sand

Sep 28, 2007, 11:43:56 AM9/28/07

Me neither. Brain fart....

Kaymakli nightmares might be good if your crypt is large enough...

Rhavas

Sep 28, 2007, 1:35:55 PM9/28/07
> Ouch.
> from Eternal Mask: "Move a unique vampire from any ash heap"
> You do have to get SER on the Waters but that is pretty nice.
>
> Even nicer I think you can Khobar Towers the Eternal Mask
> vampire. Thats just Nasty.
> Spell of Life
> 5 10-caps. Get them killed.
> 2 Waters Eternal mask the 10 caps
> 1 per turn you gain 10 pool as the 10 caps go poof?
>
> I feel sick. Other than stealth, serpentis skill
> cards for the waters, this looks really vomit-inducing.
>
> I'm begining to think a table without combat decks
> will blow up quickly.
>
> John P.

How does the burn effect of Eternal Mask work with Khobar Towers? If
you burn the 10 cap with the Towers, can you still burn the card off
the vamp who played it if the vamp you brought into play is no longer
burnable as well? Here is the relevant card text from The Eternal
Mask:

"You may burn this card and the chosen vampire during any untap
phase."

Is the burning of the vampire you brought into play with The Eternal
Mask required to burn the card off the vamp who played it?

John P.

Sep 28, 2007, 1:47:38 PM9/28/07
On Sep 28, 12:35 pm, Rhavas <Anthony.Lun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "You may burn this card and the chosen vampire during any untap
> phase."
>
> Is the burning of the vampire you brought into play with The Eternal

> Mask required to burn the card off the vamp who played it?- Hide quoted text -

The wording suggests you can just burn the
Eternal Mask as it a) is still on your vampire
and b) it says burn this card and chosen
vamp (worded as an effect) rather than
burn the chosen vampire to burn the eternal
mask (worded as a cost).

But hey, IANLSJ

John P.

Raille

Sep 28, 2007, 1:54:46 PM9/28/07

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

So I'm confused?
Why does Ally(Mummy) Dedefra contest with Vampire Dedefra?
They are Not the same card by a long shot.

Raille

John P.

Sep 28, 2007, 2:20:19 PM9/28/07
On Sep 28, 12:54 pm, "Raille" <rai...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "LSJ" <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

Unique contests by card name, not what they are.
So Dedefra the mummy contests with all other cards named
Dedefra.

This was confirmed during the week of Nightmares.

John P.

LSJ

Sep 28, 2007, 2:48:12 PM9/28/07
John P. wrote:
> On Sep 28, 12:54 pm, "Raille" <rai...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Why does Ally(Mummy) Dedefra contest with Vampire Dedefra?
>> They are Not the same card by a long shot.
>
> Unique contests by card name, not what they are.

... and they are the same card, too.

At least, as much as vampire Dedefra and a second copy of vampire Dedefra would
be the same card (for the normal contesting case). Which is slightly more "the
same card" than Lucita and Lucita advanced are to each other, for example.

LSJ

Sep 28, 2007, 3:00:51 PM9/28/07
Rhavas wrote:
> How does the burn effect of Eternal Mask work with Khobar Towers? If
> you burn the 10 cap with the Towers, can you still burn the card off
> the vamp who played it if the vamp you brought into play is no longer
> burnable as well?

No.

> Here is the relevant card text from The Eternal Mask:
>
> "You may burn this card and the chosen vampire during any untap
> phase."
>
> Is the burning of the vampire you brought into play with The Eternal
> Mask required to burn the card off the vamp who played it?

Yes, by the targeting rule. If the target isn't there, you cannot use the effect.

The violation of this general rule by the current ruling for Bauble is what puts
the Bauble ruling on the list for RT review:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2d9b67dd8962822c

gpett...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2007, 3:11:51 PM9/28/07

Yes. Use Cleansing Ritual. Two Undirected Actions to gain 10 pool is
pretty sweet.

--
- Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

John P.

Sep 28, 2007, 3:27:39 PM9/28/07
> the Bauble ruling on the list for RT review:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2d9b...

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning,
but I'm more than okay with it.

The bauble rule is still valid though? (Barring newer RT
decisions) The gun stays in play after the bauble is burned while the
vampire with the gun is banished?

So (back to the eternal mask) you can burn the
Eternal Masked 10 capacity vampire but it
will leave your small vampire forever unable to
act, react, etc?

And if say an embrace with SERP Eternally Masks as Queen Anne
and Queen Anne is burned in combat, the embrace is affected
by the Eternal Mask for the remainder of the game as Queen
Anne cannot be burned a second time?

John P.

LSJ

Sep 28, 2007, 3:37:09 PM9/28/07
John P. wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2:00 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Rhavas wrote:
>>> How does the burn effect of Eternal Mask work with Khobar Towers? If
>>> you burn the 10 cap with the Towers, can you still burn the card off
>>> the vamp who played it if the vamp you brought into play is no longer
>>> burnable as well?
>> No.
>>
>>> Here is the relevant card text from The Eternal Mask:
>>> "You may burn this card and the chosen vampire during any untap
>>> phase."
>>> Is the burning of the vampire you brought into play with The Eternal
>>> Mask required to burn the card off the vamp who played it?
>> Yes, by the targeting rule. If the target isn't there, you cannot use the effect.
>>
>> The violation of this general rule by the current ruling for Bauble is what puts
>> the Bauble ruling on the list for RT review:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2d9b...
>
> I'm not sure I understand the reasoning,
> but I'm more than okay with it.

Reasoning:

You cannot invoke the effect to burn the chosen vampire if the chosen vampire is
not in play (i.e., is not a legal target).

> The bauble rule is still valid though? (Barring newer RT
> decisions) The gun stays in play after the bauble is burned while the
> vampire with the gun is banished?

Yes, but the RT ruling is more for "can I burn the Bauble after the gun is
destroyed with Shattering Blow?"

Current answer is yes. If the Bauble ruling is overturned and made to follow the
general ruling, then the answer would be no.

> So (back to the eternal mask) you can burn the
> Eternal Masked 10 capacity vampire but it
> will leave your small vampire forever unable to
> act, react, etc?

Yes, as long as the Eternal Mask stays on him.

> And if say an embrace with SERP Eternally Masks as Queen Anne
> and Queen Anne is burned in combat, the embrace is affected
> by the Eternal Mask for the remainder of the game as Queen
> Anne cannot be burned a second time?

Correct, unless the Eternal Mask is removed by some other means.

Meej

Sep 28, 2007, 4:31:01 PM9/28/07
On Sep 28, 3:37 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> John P. wrote:
> > So (back to the eternal mask) you can burn the
> > Eternal Masked 10 capacity vampire but it
> > will leave your small vampire forever unable to
> > act, react, etc?
>
> Yes, as long as the Eternal Mask stays on him.

Time to get Callirus a Book Of Going Forth By Night! :-)

- D.J.

gpett...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2007, 10:09:53 AM9/29/07

Combos nicely with Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

Kevin M.

Oct 2, 2007, 9:48:19 PM10/2/07
Blooded Sand <sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am mostly seeing Spell of life in Conjunction With Naktorheb as the
> main vamp, each turn spelling and mesuing. Or spelling and Water of
> duating. Once the mummies come into play, make them rush enough, and
> hard enough that they die pretty fast. Maybe using aim/trap/wws with
> them could be useful. Its when they burn that i think you can abuse
> it, by eternal masking the aforementioned waters into nice, big, juicy
> 10 caps....

...or you could just bleed at stealth, and win. ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

Oct 2, 2007, 11:00:57 PM10/2/07
> >> Why does Ally(Mummy) Dedefra contest with Vampire Dedefra?
> >> They are Not the same card by a long shot.
>
> > Unique contests by card name, not what they are.
>
> ... and they are the same card, too.
>
> At least, as much as vampire Dedefra and a second copy of vampire Dedefra would
> be the same card (for the normal contesting case). Which is slightly more "the
> same card" than Lucita and Lucita advanced are to each other, for example.

So is this ruling the same with Absimillard's Army? If I put an Ivory
Bow into play as a ghoul, and someone already has an Ivory Bow, do
they contest? They both have the name "Ivory Bow", just that one is
now a ghoul, the other a weapon. Seems a bit odd if that were the
case.

--> J
grail_pbem "at" hotmail.com

Salem

Oct 3, 2007, 4:38:43 AM10/3/07

Except Absimiliard's Army isn't explicitly putting the cards into play
as Unique Ghouls. They're just Ghouls.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'yahoo' to email)

LSJ

Oct 3, 2007, 6:10:20 AM10/3/07

Correct.

Jozxyqk

Oct 3, 2007, 8:47:14 AM10/3/07

> Correct.

But if, for example, Absimilard's Army turns a Blood Doll into a Ghoul, can I
burn that Blood Doll with Vessel?

LSJ

Oct 3, 2007, 8:58:22 AM10/3/07

No. It's not a Blood Doll. It's just a ghoul. The name doesn't stick (it isn't
unique, so the name doesn't show through). If you like, you can turn the card
upside down to represent the ghoul to reinforce this idea.