High Orun question

Miguel Cortes

Oct 2, 2009, 3:00:16 PM10/2/09
Here's the thing:

- When played as an action modifier during an action that costs blood,
does it reduce the action's cost, since it's payed when succesful
(after High Orun played)?

LSJ

Oct 2, 2009, 3:22:07 PM10/2/09

Yes.

(Also if Petaniqua takes a Daimoinon-requiring action and is blocked, but uses
Blessing of Durga Syn to steal Textbook Damnation from a blocking minion and
then taps the Ambulance to continue the action, the Textbook will reduce the
cost of the action.)

D.J.

Oct 2, 2009, 3:55:39 PM10/2/09

Wow. And Josh didn't even have time to *ask* the question before you
answered it. :-)

- D.J.

Rehlow

Oct 2, 2009, 5:08:40 PM10/2/09
On Oct 2, 2:22 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Miguel Cortes wrote:
> > - When played as an action modifier during an action that costs blood,
> > does it reduce the action's cost, since it's payed when succesful
> > (after High Orun played)?
>
> Yes.

Really? Because in

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/44badd3b79a8a773

you said that High Orun does not apply to the action card because of
High Orun's "For the remainder of this action, cards" text.

I hope I'm wrong, because I'd like to see High Orun a little stronger
than it currently is, but I like consistent rulings.

Later,
~Rehlow

LSJ

Oct 2, 2009, 5:18:53 PM10/2/09
Rehlow wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2:22 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Miguel Cortes wrote:
>>> - When played as an action modifier during an action that costs blood,
>>> does it reduce the action's cost, since it's payed when succesful
>>> (after High Orun played)?
>> Yes.
>>

> Really?

Yes.

> Because in
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/44badd3b79a8a773
>
> you said that High Orun does not apply to the action card because of
> High Orun's "For the remainder of this action, cards" text.

RTR 7/7/07 changed that as an incidental effect. Since the card no longer says
"to play", it works on the action card.

Rehlow

Oct 2, 2009, 5:48:35 PM10/2/09
On Oct 2, 4:18 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Rehlow wrote:
> >> Yes.
>
> > Really?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Because in
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/44ba...

> > you said that High Orun does not apply to the action card because of
> > High Orun's "For the remainder of this action, cards" text.
>
> RTR 7/7/07 changed that as an incidental effect. Since the card no longer says
> "to play", it works on the action card.

How do I find the 7/7/07 rulings? I forgot what was all covered. I
have figured out how to search most things with the new Google Search
and I can't find them (7/7/07 7/7/7 07/07/07 all turn up nothing
useful). I tried looking on White-Wolf.com and couldn't find them out
their either.

Thanks,
~Rehlow

LSJ

Oct 2, 2009, 5:50:27 PM10/2/09
Rehlow wrote:
> How do I find the 7/7/07 rulings? I forgot what was all covered. I
> have figured out how to search most things with the new Google Search
> and I can't find them (7/7/07 7/7/7 07/07/07 all turn up nothing
> useful). I tried looking on White-Wolf.com and couldn't find them out
> their either.

http://www.thelasombra.com/rules/RTR7-7-7.txt

Chris Berger

Oct 2, 2009, 5:56:04 PM10/2/09
On Oct 2, 4:18 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Rehlow wrote:
> >> Yes.
>
> > Really?
>
> Yes.

Oh shit, awesome. I was playing that wrong in my "Lucian bleeds for
12" deck, because I read the earlier ruling and never saw the later
one. Makes High Orun even better in that deck. Although it still
doesn't reduce Force of Personality (sup) or Approximation of Loyalty
(inf)... if only there were a 08/08/08 ruling that said High Orun
could be played in the "as played" window.