High Orun Timing

gpett...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2006, 9:12:55 PM4/2/06
Shocking, I know, that someone is trying to use Aye/Orun, but I have a
quick question. Is Action timing such that I can use High Orun to
reduce the cost of, for example, Revelations?

--
- Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

The Lasombra

Apr 2, 2006, 9:44:00 PM4/2/06
On 2 Apr 2006 18:12:55 -0700, "gpett...@gmail.com"
<gpett...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Shocking, I know, that someone is trying to use Aye/Orun, but I have a
>quick question. Is Action timing such that I can use High Orun to
>reduce the cost of, for example, Revelations?

No, it cannot reduce the cost of the action card.

High Orun cannot be played until after the action card is played, so
its effect cannot be retro-actively applied to the action card.

See also, Magic of the Smith + Ankara Citadel.

LSJ Dec 27 2003
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/fcc6732c1dbba16d

You can find similar answers yourself, in the future, by starting
here:

http://ashheap.storageannex.com/googlesearch.htm

and typing the appropriate card titles in the search box labeled
Search rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad with "LSJ"

:>

LSJ

Apr 2, 2006, 10:13:39 PM4/2/06
The Lasombra wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2006 18:12:55 -0700, "gpett...@gmail.com"
> <gpett...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Shocking, I know, that someone is trying to use Aye/Orun, but I have a
> >quick question. Is Action timing such that I can use High Orun to
> >reduce the cost of, for example, Revelations?
>
> No, it cannot reduce the cost of the action card.
>
> High Orun cannot be played until after the action card is played, so
> its effect cannot be retro-actively applied to the action card.
>
> See also, Magic of the Smith + Ankara Citadel.
>
> LSJ Dec 27 2003
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/fcc6732c1dbba16d

Correct answer, but the parallel with Ankara retrieved by MotS isn't
really illuminating, since it is based on the fact that the Citadel
isn't in play (or even targeted/named/etc.) when the cost of the action
is paid.

High Orun only reduces the costs of cards played after playing High
Orun, though, so that is enough to disqualify the action card played to
start the action.

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Apr 3, 2006, 6:02:52 AM4/3/06

That's the answer I suspected I'd hear. It was one of those "When does an
Action start, really?" questions, since you can play Action Modifiers any
time during an action.

James Coupe

Apr 3, 2006, 4:00:45 PM4/3/06
In message <2006040306...@sidehack.gweep.net>, Gregory Stuart

Pettigrew <ethe...@sidehack.gweep.net> writes:
>That's the answer I suspected I'd hear. It was one of those "When does
>an Action start, really?" questions, since you can play Action
>Modifiers any time during an action.

After you've played the action card. You have play the action card
(cancel window), then you announce the action.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.