LSJ: sudario refraction question

Tetragrammaton

Sep 18, 2009, 1:37:04 PM9/18/09
Clarification needed: can you attempt a sudario refraction having just two,
one or zero
cards in your ash heap ?

Relevant card text:

"+1 stealth action. Choose three cards in you ash heap and move them to the
top of your library. Then discard three cards at random from your hand (and
draw up to your hand size afterward). "

it seems you can't attempt the action if you have less than three cards in
the ash heap
(not enough legal targets) - is that right ?

thanks in advance

Emiliano, NC Italy
www.italybynight.org

LSJ

Sep 18, 2009, 1:56:16 PM9/18/09
Tetragrammaton wrote:
> Clarification needed: can you attempt a sudario refraction having just two,
> one or zero
> cards in your ash heap ?

No. You have to choose three cards.

> Relevant card text:
>
> "+1 stealth action. Choose three cards in you ash heap and move them to the
> top of your library. Then discard three cards at random from your hand (and
> draw up to your hand size afterward). "
>
> it seems you can't attempt the action if you have less than three cards in
> the ash heap
> (not enough legal targets) - is that right ?

Yes.

Asnek

Sep 21, 2009, 4:47:28 AM9/21/09

OK this bring up one more question... Just to get it clear

in end fo the game phane i have 3 cards in my hand and one of them is
Sudarion refraction.
can i play it? so i will choose 3 cards in ash heap and then randomly
discard all remaining cards in my hand (2 at this situation).
or i have to have 3 cards to discard in my hand as well?

LSJ

Sep 21, 2009, 6:48:21 AM9/21/09

I think you mean: my library is empty. I have 3 cards in hand (but my hand size
is seven).
I play Sudario Refraction.

So then:

You move the three chosen cards from your ash heap to your library.
You immediately draw them into your hand (since you are holding fewer cards in
your hand than your hand size allows).
Then you discard three.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a6fe061760aa6f92