[LSJ] More Rules Questions

15 vues

Uriel

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 02:34:3513/11/2002
Here we go:
1) Can permanents be transferred/stolen by minions who do not meet the
clan requirement? (e.g. If Anton has the Femur and is diablerized by a
brujah, can the Brujah take and use the equipment?)
2) Locuipment counts also as equipment while in play?
3) Can minions attempt action, that cost more blood than they have?
4) Can a minion use Shadow Strike, if an Immortal Grapple has been
played.
5) If an action is directed at the owner of the minion who attempts
it,
a) can both her prey and predator block?
b) is the action considered undirected (can gain stealth via
Creepshow)?
6) Cross-table votes can be blocked by the target? (Banishing my
grand-predator's vampire, in a five player game)

Chris.QJ

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 03:39:4213/11/2002
galama...@hotmail.com (Uriel) schrieb:

hi,

>Here we go:
>1) Can permanents be transferred/stolen by minions who do not meet the
>clan requirement? (e.g. If Anton has the Femur and is diablerized by a
>brujah, can the Brujah take and use the equipment?)

yes. requirements must be met only when bringing the card into play.

>2) Locuipment counts also as equipment while in play?

no. it counts as a location

>3) Can minions attempt action, that cost more blood than they have?

no.

>4) Can a minion use Shadow Strike, if an Immortal Grapple has been
>played.

no. because the strike is ranged (therefore not a hand strike)

>5) If an action is directed at the owner of the minion who attempts
>it,

> a) can both her prey and predator block?

yes as it is an undirected action

> b) is the action considered undirected (can gain stealth via
>Creepshow)?

yes. same reason.

>6) Cross-table votes can be blocked by the target? (Banishing my
>grand-predator's vampire, in a five player game)

no. every political action counts as undirected (no matter whose
pool/location/minions/etc the terms of the referendum targets). eagles
sight and the likes of course allow such blocks.

regards
Chris.QJ

RonnieE

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 06:41:2513/11/2002
Greatings Uriel
First: IMNLSJ = I惴 not LSJ!
But, to the best of my knowledge I would say:

"> 1) Can permanents be transferred/stolen by minions who do not meet
the
> clan requirement? (e.g. If Anton has the Femur and is diablerized by a
> brujah, can the Brujah take and use the equipment?)"

Yes, equipment that can愒 be used has the text for it; see Sword of
Judgment and Enchanted Marionett for ex.

"> 2) Locuipment counts also as equipment while in play?"

No, as a location.

"> 3) Can minions attempt action, that cost more blood than they
have?"

No, see rulebook on mainpage.

"> 4) Can a minion use Shadow Strike, if an Immortal Grapple has been
> played."

No, Shadow Strike is Ranged, see defintions on the Errata link

"> 5) If an action is directed at the owner of the minion who attempts
> it,
> a) can both her prey and predator block?
> b) is the action considered undirected (can gain stealth via
> Creepshow)?"

a. Yes
b. Yes, and has the default +1 Stelth to start with

"> 6) Cross-table votes can be blocked by the target? (Banishing my
> grand-predator's vampire, in a five player game)"

No, only Predator and Prey can block a vote without special cards (eg
Eaglesight or abilities eg Annecke)

Well, thats what I believe, so now we go to LSJ for the correct
answer:

Ronnie

LSJ

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 07:43:2313/11/2002
"Chris.QJ" wrote:

Correct on all points. Thanks for the typing, Chris.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Uriel

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 18:57:4013/11/2002
May I add two more questions

1) If a Ravnos plays Illusions of the Kindred can his opponent Psyche!
or TP Track, before the new vampires enters combat (aka before the
card resolves)?

2) When a vampire is about to get burned, can his controller chose to
have him burned without entering torpor?
eg Vampire A has 2 blood and a Fame, vampire B deals 3 normal damage
and 2 aggravated. Vampire a ?must? first enter torpor and then burned?
Or he is immediately burned without entering torpor?

Thanks for the help!
Aris

reyda

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 19:18:5613/11/2002
Uriel wrote:
> May I add two more questions
>
> 1) If a Ravnos plays Illusions of the Kindred can his opponent
> Psyche! or TP Track, before the new vampires enters combat (aka
> before the card resolves)?

Yes, you can, and it cancels the illusionary combat =)

> 2) When a vampire is about to get burned, can his controller chose
> to have him burned without entering torpor?

yes =)

The Lasombra

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 19:22:2013/11/2002
On 13 Nov 2002 15:57:40 -0800, galama...@hotmail.com (Uriel)
wrote:

>May I add two more questions?

Yes.

>1) If a Ravnos plays Illusions of the Kindred can his opponent Psyche!
>or TP Track, before the new vampires enters combat (aka before the
>card resolves)?

No.

Psyche cannot be played before or after an Illusions of the Kindred
induced combat.

LSJ 2001-07-28
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B62A2B6.27205DD0%40white-wolf.com

LSJ 1997-10-07
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=343A248D.167E%40wizards.com

>2) When a vampire is about to get burned, can his controller chose to
>have him burned without entering torpor?

All of the damage from the same strike resolution phase is resolved at
once. There is no point during the resolution of the damage where you
stop dealing with the damage and move the vampire into torpor.

A vampire that will burn from the results of a strike resolution phase
will not enter torpor.

>eg Vampire A has 2 blood and a Fame, vampire B deals 3 normal damage
>and 2 aggravated. Vampire a ?must? first enter torpor and then burned?
>Or he is immediately burned without entering torpor?

Immediately burned without entering torpor.

Online rulebook, 6.4.6.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

reyda

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 19:39:5313/11/2002
The Lasombra wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2002 15:57:40 -0800, galama...@hotmail.com (Uriel)
> wrote:
>
>> May I add two more questions?
>
> Yes.
>

>> 1) If a Ravnos plays Illusions of the Kindred can his opponent
>> Psyche! or TP Track, before the new vampires enters combat (aka
>> before the card resolves)?
>
> No.
>
> Psyche cannot be played before or after an Illusions of the Kindred
> induced combat.
>
> LSJ 2001-07-28
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B62A2B6.27205DD0%40white-
> wolf.com
>
> LSJ 1997-10-07
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=343A248D.167E%40wizards.com

Are you sure ?
i thought the latest rulings made TT and Psyche "beat" Illusion of the
Kindred and Rotschreck... =/

LSJ

non lue,
13 nov. 2002, 20:17:0113/11/2002
reyda wrote:
> i thought the latest rulings made TT and Psyche "beat" Illusion of the
> Kindred and Rotschreck... =/

Psyche! cannot be played to interrupt the Illusions of the Kindred because
there is already a pending combat.

It can interrupt a Rotschreck, however.

Brian Skelly

non lue,
21 nov. 2002, 07:21:3821/11/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3DD2F9B6...@white-wolf.com>...

> reyda wrote:
> > i thought the latest rulings made TT and Psyche "beat" Illusion of the
> > Kindred and Rotschreck... =/
>
> Psyche! cannot be played to interrupt the Illusions of the Kindred because
> there is already a pending combat.

But in a previous article...

(ref. http://groups.google.com/groupsq=illusions+psyche+author:lsj&start=20&hl=en&lr=ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3CD02E17.1CDEBEC0%40white-wolf.com&rnum=22)

Sorrow wrote:
> > > Yes.
>>
>> So what does that do to the Illusions combat? Negate it?

> Fizzle. See above.

The fizzle is listed on May 1st, just after the Ruling Team Change,
but the one above would make this ruling incorrect (or so im
reading)..

If possible, could we see a 'final' answer to if Pysche! beats
Illusions of the kindred, and how it would go about. (i.e. no time to
Pysche! due to the new combat would have started before hand etc.
etc.)

Thankyou very much :)

-- Brian Skelly
Local Player, Adelaide V:EKN
http://vampire.tne.net.au

LSJ

non lue,
21 nov. 2002, 08:35:0721/11/2002
Brian Skelly wrote:
> If possible, could we see a 'final' answer to if Pysche! beats
> Illusions of the kindred, and how it would go about. (i.e. no time to
> Pysche! due to the new combat would have started before hand etc.
> etc.)

Psyche! cannot be played if another combat is pending, as is the case
when Illusions of the Kindred has been played.

Stelios

non lue,
21 nov. 2002, 13:37:3921/11/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> escribió en el mensaje

> Brian Skelly wrote:
> > If possible, could we see a 'final' answer to if Pysche! beats
> > Illusions of the kindred, and how it would go about. (i.e. no time to
> > Pysche! due to the new combat would have started before hand etc.
> > etc.)
>
> Psyche! cannot be played if another combat is pending, as is the case
> when Illusions of the Kindred has been played.

So should it be alike that a psyche! cannot be played during the following
situation?

Me controlling Jost Werner and Muse.
Jost bleeds. black cat blocks. Muse plays siren's lure, so block from black
cat didn't fullfits. Volker manages to block jost via 2nd tradition. In
jost's combat, I play superior majesty. Is volker able to play Psyche!, as
another combat is pending (the one between black cat and muse)

A kind of puzzle, isn't it?

Stelios

LSJ

non lue,
21 nov. 2002, 15:07:2621/11/2002
Stelios wrote:
> Me controlling Jost Werner and Muse.
> Jost bleeds. black cat blocks. Muse plays siren's lure, so block from black
> cat didn't fullfits. Volker manages to block jost via 2nd tradition. In
> jost's combat, I play superior majesty. Is volker able to play Psyche!, as
> another combat is pending (the one between black cat and muse)

No.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3CD022B1.C10D1085%40white-wolf.com

0 nouveau message