LSJ Zip Gun change

Vincent

Mar 10, 2010, 9:44:52 AM3/10/10
New text :
Name: Zip Gun
[Jyhad:U2, VTES:U, SW:PV, CE:U]
Cardtype: Combat
Before range is determined, put this card on this minion. This card
represents an equipment card and doesn't count as a combat card while
in play. This equipment is a weapon, gun. Ammo cards cannot be used
with this gun. It does 1R damage each strike, with an optional
maneuver each combat. Bearer takes 1 damage during strike resolution
when {striking with} this gun, but only once each combat. This card is
kept as normal equipment and is not discarded after combat.
Artist: Kaja Foglio

Now, ZG stipulates that you take 1 damage "when striking with this
gun".

Does it mean that
1/ if you use ZG to maneuver but opponent counter-maneuvers to close
and play Immortal Grapple (preventing you from striking with the gun),
you take no damage from ZG?
2/ if you strike with ZG but the ZG is stolen or destroyed by the
opponent with First strike, you still take damage since your strike
was provided by ZG (even if it doesn't resolve) ?

LSJ

Mar 10, 2010, 9:53:38 AM3/10/10
On Mar 10, 9:44 am, Vincent <v.rip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> New text :
> Name: Zip Gun
> [Jyhad:U2, VTES:U, SW:PV, CE:U]
> Cardtype: Combat
> Before range is determined, put this card on this minion. This card
> represents an equipment card and doesn't count as a combat card while
> in play. This equipment is a weapon, gun. Ammo cards cannot be used
> with this gun. It does 1R damage each strike, with an optional
> maneuver each combat. Bearer takes 1 damage during strike resolution
> when {striking with} this gun, but only once each combat. This card is
> kept as normal equipment and is not discarded after combat.
> Artist: Kaja Foglio
>
> Now, ZG stipulates that you take 1 damage "when striking with this
> gun".
>
> Does it mean that
> 1/ if you use ZG to maneuver but opponent counter-maneuvers to close
> and play Immortal Grapple (preventing you from striking with the gun),
> you take no damage from ZG?

Correct.

> 2/ if you strike with ZG but the ZG is stolen or destroyed by the
> opponent with First strike, you still take  damage since your strike
> was provided by ZG (even if it doesn't resolve) ?

No. You don't strike with the gun => you take no damage from that.

Chris Berger

Mar 10, 2010, 3:02:14 PM3/10/10

I feel like this has gone back and forth a few times:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/5f2a529ea53b4c5/dc58fd4f96338997

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/c495f96a252d71b7/03e51ebe3055f3a4

So, just to make sure I'm not reading a back-in-time post or
something... The "new" wording (whenever the wording changed - I
don't know when that was) indicates that the 1999 ruling linked above
is correct, right? If you play a Zip Gun (and Octopod and Torn
Signpost) before range, then use it to maneuver to close, then Grapple
and use your additional strikes to strike hands for 3 each, then you
do not take the Zip Gun damage? I just want to be extra sure, because
the last time I did it, it caused quite an argument where I insisted I
was right and was upheld by a web search that found the 1999 ruling,
and then later that night I found the 2005 ruling and had to sing the
"I'm Sorry" song.

John Flournoy

Mar 10, 2010, 3:07:05 PM3/10/10
On Mar 10, 2:02 pm, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> and then later that night I found the 2005 ruling and had to sing the
> "I'm Sorry" song.

Next time you'll have to dance while wearing the "I Was Totally Wrong"
dunce cap, too.

-John Flournoy

LSJ

Mar 10, 2010, 3:07:24 PM3/10/10
On Mar 10, 3:02 pm, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> I feel like this has gone back and forth a few times:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_t...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_t...

> So, just to make sure I'm not reading a back-in-time post or
> something...  The "new" wording (whenever the wording changed - I
> don't know when that was) indicates that the 1999 ruling linked above
> is correct, right?

Yes.