Changing Control of a Minion During and Action

tbe...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2008, 8:19:06 PM12/15/08
If I take control of a minion during an action, say a Tempted vampire
acting on my minion phase via Enkil Cog/MN/Ankou's special, and the
action is still legal will the action continue? Due to the combat via
Taunt the Caged Beast between 2 other minions on your turn and you
take control of one and the combat continues, I would say that applies
to this question and the answer would be yes. Scenario is: Arika, with
one blood and a Temptation with zero counters, Govern bleeds me via EC
on my turn. Count Ormonde Wakes and Deflects. Arika plays Conditioning
to make the action fizzle. I burn the Tempt counters to untap and take
control of her and then use The Coven to give her enough blood to
complete the action. Cool?

LSJ

Dec 15, 2008, 8:43:28 PM12/15/08
tbe...@gmail.com wrote:
> If I take control of a minion during an action, say a Tempted vampire
> acting on my minion phase via Enkil Cog/MN/Ankou's special, and the
> action is still legal will the action continue?

No.

The action ends (fizzles) prior to resolution if acting minion becomes unreadied
(burned, torpored, incapacitated, whatever) or changes controllers.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/68d8797cc8d29772

floppyzedolfin

Dec 16, 2008, 10:30:48 AM12/16/08
On 16 déc, 02:43, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/68d8...

Hello,

Here's today's tricky situation : Meth1 bleeds Meth2 bleeds Meth3
bleeds Meth4 bleeds Meth5.
A malkavian (controlled by Meth3) is using the Madness Network to call
a referendum to burn an Anarch Revolt during Meth1's turn. (just to
say he's not bleeding his prey nor playing a card from hand).

a) The Malkavian is stolen via a Temptation played by Meth1.
Can a vampire of Meth1 play Mask of a Thousand Faces before the action
would fizzle ?

b) the Malkavian is stolen via a Temptation played by Meth2.
Can an untapped ready Malkavian controlled by Meth2 play Mask of a
Thousand Faces before the action would fizzle ?

c) the Malkavian is stolen via a Temptation played by Meth4.
Can an untapped ready Malkavian controlled by Meth4 play a Mask of a
Thousand Faces before the action would fizzle ?

LSJ

Dec 16, 2008, 10:35:05 AM12/16/08
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> On 16 déc, 02:43, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> tbel...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> If I take control of a minion during an action, say a Tempted vampire
>>> acting on my minion phase via Enkil Cog/MN/Ankou's special, and the
>>> action is still legal will the action continue?
>> No.
>>
>> The action ends (fizzles) prior to resolution if acting minion becomes unreadied
>> (burned, torpored, incapacitated, whatever) or changes controllers.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/68d8...
>
> Hello,
>
> Here's today's tricky situation : Meth1 bleeds Meth2 bleeds Meth3
> bleeds Meth4 bleeds Meth5.

Common names are A, B, C, D, and E.

> A malkavian (controlled by Meth3) is using the Madness Network to call
> a referendum to burn an Anarch Revolt during Meth1's turn. (just to
> say he's not bleeding his prey nor playing a card from hand).
>
> a) The Malkavian is stolen via a Temptation played by Meth1.
> Can a vampire of Meth1 play Mask of a Thousand Faces before the action
> would fizzle ?

No.

> b) the Malkavian is stolen via a Temptation played by Meth2.
> Can an untapped ready Malkavian controlled by Meth2 play Mask of a
> Thousand Faces before the action would fizzle ?

No.

> c) the Malkavian is stolen via a Temptation played by Meth4.
> Can an untapped ready Malkavian controlled by Meth4 play a Mask of a
> Thousand Faces before the action would fizzle ?

No.

John Flournoy

Dec 16, 2008, 10:38:52 AM12/16/08

No to all - when the control changes, the action fizzles and ends
immediately - nobody else's minion can take it over

More specifically, none of the other Methuselahs can Mask to it
because it's not their turn to act - Meth 3 has priority for declaring
actions. (When the action ends, it'll revert back to Meth1 to have the
opportunity to declare the next action, but only after the current
action ends which would be well after any chance to play Mask.)

Thus since none of the others can legally act, their minions can't
take over the action Meth3 declared.

-John Flournoy