[LSJ] Mask, Aim and Concealed questions

Daneel

Oct 14, 2007, 3:47:44 AM10/14/07
1. KoKo announces a bleed via Camera Phone (bleed at +1 bleed). Can this
action be Masked by any other minion, if he also has a Camera Phone? Or is
the action now un-Maskable due to the specific piece of equipment on KoKo?

2. Sheldon, Lord of the Clog announces an initial strike with Kpist m/45
(after having used the gun's manoeuvre). As part of the announcement he
plays Target: Vitals. Opposing minion's controller discards two cards to
cancel the Aim card. Can Sheldon now play superior Primal Instincts to
cancel his strike, then select it again, only to play another Aim card?

3. I control Tusk, the Talebearer. I have a Concealed Weapon in my hand,
but no weapons. I can see that the next card in my Library is a
Gas-Powered Chainsaw. Can I play the Concealed Weapon, naming the
chanisaw, and if the card is played successfully, replace it and place the
chainsaw on Tusk?

--
Regards,

Daneel

Wookie813

Oct 14, 2007, 4:34:30 AM10/14/07
On Oct 14, 3:47 am, Daneel <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote:
> 1. KoKo announces a bleed via Camera Phone (bleed at +1 bleed). Can this
> action be Masked by any other minion, if he also has a Camera Phone? Or is
> the action now un-Maskable due to the specific piece of equipment on KoKo?

Good question!

> 2. Sheldon, Lord of the Clog announces an initial strike with Kpist m/45
> (after having used the gun's manoeuvre). As part of the announcement he
> plays Target: Vitals. Opposing minion's controller discards two cards to
> cancel the Aim card. Can Sheldon now play superior Primal Instincts to
> cancel his strike, then select it again, only to play another Aim card?

I'd shake a magic 8 ball on this one, so will wait for He Who Knows to
answer.

> 3. I control Tusk, the Talebearer. I have a Concealed Weapon in my hand,
> but no weapons. I can see that the next card in my Library is a
> Gas-Powered Chainsaw. Can I play the Concealed Weapon, naming the
> chanisaw, and if the card is played successfully, replace it and place the
> chainsaw on Tusk?

This one is NO. Text on CW says "Equip this minion with a non-unique
weapon card from your hand." The weapon has to be in-hand when you
play CW.

> Daneel

James Coupe

Oct 14, 2007, 4:44:40 AM10/14/07
In message <1192350870.3...@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

Wookie813 <veknp...@yahoo.com> writes:
>On Oct 14, 3:47 am, Daneel <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote:
>> 1. KoKo announces a bleed via Camera Phone (bleed at +1 bleed). Can this
>> action be Masked by any other minion, if he also has a Camera Phone? Or is
>> the action now un-Maskable due to the specific piece of equipment on KoKo?
>>

>Good question!

This one's "Can't be masked."

Precedent:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/dcb3c108b1c941e9
***
> What if two minions both have a bomb? Can they then mask back and forth, or is it the same
> case as, for example, beast and theo bells rush actions?

The latter.
***

>> 2. Sheldon, Lord of the Clog announces an initial strike with Kpist m/45
>> (after having used the gun's manoeuvre). As part of the announcement he
>> plays Target: Vitals. Opposing minion's controller discards two cards to
>> cancel the Aim card. Can Sheldon now play superior Primal Instincts to
>> cancel his strike, then select it again, only to play another Aim card?
>>

>I'd shake a magic 8 ball on this one, so will wait for He Who Knows to
>answer.

I'd go with yes. New strike (even if it's the same strike chosen), can
play a new Target card on it.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

LSJ

Oct 14, 2007, 7:44:27 AM10/14/07
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1192350870.3...@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> Wookie813 <veknp...@yahoo.com> writes:
>> On Oct 14, 3:47 am, Daneel <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote:
>>> 1. KoKo announces a bleed via Camera Phone (bleed at +1 bleed). Can this
>>> action be Masked by any other minion, if he also has a Camera Phone? Or is
>>> the action now un-Maskable due to the specific piece of equipment on KoKo?
>>>
>> Good question!
>
> This one's "Can't be masked."
>
> Precedent:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/dcb3c108b1c941e9
> ***
>> What if two minions both have a bomb? Can they then mask back and forth, or is it the same
>> case as, for example, beast and theo bells rush actions?
>
> The latter.
> ***

Correct.

>>> 2. Sheldon, Lord of the Clog announces an initial strike with Kpist m/45
>>> (after having used the gun's manoeuvre). As part of the announcement he
>>> plays Target: Vitals. Opposing minion's controller discards two cards to
>>> cancel the Aim card. Can Sheldon now play superior Primal Instincts to
>>> cancel his strike, then select it again, only to play another Aim card?
>>>
>> I'd shake a magic 8 ball on this one, so will wait for He Who Knows to
>> answer.
>
> I'd go with yes. New strike (even if it's the same strike chosen), can
> play a new Target card on it.

Correct.

[pasted back in from Wookie813:]

>>> 3. I control Tusk, the Talebearer. I have a Concealed Weapon in my hand,
>>
>> This one is NO. Text on CW says "Equip this minion with a non-unique
>> weapon card from your hand." The weapon has to be in-hand when you
>> play CW.

Correct.