(LSJ) Channel 10 vs DI / Veil of Darkness

floppyzedolfin

May 5, 2010, 11:33:39 AM5/5/10

I declare an action with an action card that gets cancelled by Direct
Intervention.
I declare another action. Can Channel 10 be tapped during this
action ?

Same question if the action card had no effect due to Veil of
Darkness.

I think answers are that Channel 10 can't be tapped during that other
action in each case, because that's the first action of the turn.
Similarly, Veil the Legion doesn't burn counters for DI'ed actions
( http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/cb7bcd9351d85a1c
)

Thanks.

~ ~

Channel 10
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Master: unique location.
Tap to give a minion you control +2 intercept for the current action.
Not usable on the first action in a minion phase.

Direct Intervention
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: out-of-turn.
Cancel a minion card as it is played. No cost is paid. (If it was an
action card, the acting minion doesn't tap. If it was a strike card,
the minion chooses another strike.)

Veil of Darkness
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play.
Each turn, when a vampire plays his or her first card that turn that
requires any Disciplines, that vampire's controller reveals the top
card of his or her library (before drawing to replace). If it is a
master card, the original card has no effect (no cost is paid), and in
addition, if the original card required Obtenebration [obt], the
vampire burns 2 blood.

LSJ

May 5, 2010, 11:42:34 AM5/5/10
On May 5, 11:33 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I declare an action with an action card that gets cancelled by Direct
> Intervention.
> I declare another action. Can Channel 10 be tapped during this
> action ?

No. It is the first action of the turn.

> Same question if the action card had no effect due to Veil of
> Darkness.

If the card is canceled by any means, you get the same answer, sure.

> I think answers are that Channel 10  can't be tapped during that other
> action in each case, because that's the first action of the turn.
> Similarly, Veil the Legion doesn't burn counters for DI'ed actions

> (http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/cb7b...

Salem

May 5, 2010, 6:54:19 PM5/5/10
floppyzedolfin wrote:

> I think answers are that Channel 10 can't be tapped during that other
> action in each case, because that's the first action of the turn.
> Similarly, Veil the Legion doesn't burn counters for DI'ed actions
> ( http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/cb7bcd9351d85a1c
> )

Veil the Legions has counters now?

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

John Whelan

May 5, 2010, 7:03:15 PM5/5/10
On May 5, 6:54 pm, Salem <kella...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Veil the Legions has counters now?