Summoning + Tainted Spring

ira...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2009, 8:24:19 PM3/26/09
Hello LSJ,

May I use Tainted Spring with The Summoning? I think the answer is
yes , though it would restrict my search from The Summoning to an
animal. I'm not sure if the search would still be restricted if
Tainted Spring got DI'ed (I think it would be restricted.)

And same question for Muricia's Call + Tainted Spring. I think the
answer must be the same for both questions.

Thanks,
Ira

Tainted Spring
Action Modifier
Animalism
[1 Blood]
[ani] Only usable when an action to employ or recruit an animal is
announced. If this action is successful, the animal gets +1 strength
(for an ally) or inflicts an additional damage (for damage-dealing
retainers).
[ANI] As above, and the animal gets an additional starting life.

The Summoning
Action
Presence
+1 stealth action.
[pre] Search your library for an ally or retainer. Show it to all
players and put it in your hand (shuffle and discard afterward).
[PRE] Search your library for an ally. This vampire recruits that ally
(requirements and cost apply as normal). Shuffle afterward.

Muricia's Call
Action
Animalism & Spiritus
+1 stealth employ retainer action.
[ani] Search your library for a retainer that requires Animalism. This
vampire employs that retainer (pay cost as normal). Shuffle your
library afterward.
[ani] [spi] As [ani] above, and the retainer has an additional life.
[ANI] [SPI] As [ani] [spi] above, and untap this acting vampire at the
end of the turn.

LSJ

Mar 26, 2009, 9:09:57 PM3/26/09
ira...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello LSJ,
>
> May I use Tainted Spring with The Summoning? I think the answer is
> yes , though it would restrict my search from The Summoning to an
> animal.

No. When announced, the Summoning is not an action to recruit an animal.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0fed43020b88c336

> I'm not sure if the search would still be restricted if
> Tainted Spring got DI'ed (I think it would be restricted.)
>
> And same question for Muricia's Call + Tainted Spring. I think the
> answer must be the same for both questions.

Correct.

Ira Fay

Mar 26, 2009, 9:31:10 PM3/26/09
On Mar 26, 6:09 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> ira...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello LSJ,
>
> > May I use Tainted Spring with The Summoning?  I think the answer is
> > yes , though it would restrict my search from The Summoning to an
> > animal.
>
> No. When announced, the Summoning is not an action to recruit an animal.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0fed...

Ah! Thanks for the answer, and sorry I didn't think to look for
ghouled before asking.

Ira