Secure Haven etc against Muse of Flame.

antero

Apr 13, 2006, 3:21:17 AM4/13/06
So, if the enter combat provided by Muse of Flame fails if it targets a
minion with Secure Haven, what about other cards that protect from (D)
actions, such as Chanjelin Ward and Secret Passage? How do they work
against Muse of Flame?

-Antero

Pat

Apr 13, 2006, 7:19:07 AM4/13/06
"antero" <nom...@jippii.fi> wrote in message

Ward has an interesting possible side effect... the action is now supposed
to cost an additional blood. Imbued can't pay blood cost, so does the Muse
action fizzle if the random roll targets the Warded vamp?

- Pat

LSJ

Apr 13, 2006, 7:26:20 AM4/13/06

They also follow card text.

Chanjelin Ward won't affect the cost of Muse of Flame, since the
vampire isn't targeted until after the cost is paid. But the Warded
vampire can burn the Ward to then cause the action to fail.

Secret Passage can similarly be burned to cause the action to fail.

Fred Scott

Apr 13, 2006, 9:20:27 AM4/13/06
"Pat" <patrick.l...@comcast.nyetspam.net> wrote in message

> "antero" <nom...@jippii.fi> wrote in message
>> So, if the enter combat provided by Muse of Flame fails if it targets a
>> minion with Secure Haven, what about other cards that protect from (D)
>> actions, such as Chanjelin Ward and Secret Passage? How do they work
>> against Muse of Flame?
>
> Ward has an interesting possible side effect... the action is now supposed
> to cost an additional blood. Imbued can't pay blood cost, so does the Muse
> action fizzle if the random roll targets the Warded vamp?

Hmmm. That's an interesting point in general, never mind Muse of Flame.
Is it impossible for an imbued or any other ally to, say, Bum's Rush a
vampire with Changelin Ward since they can't pay the blood cost?

Fred

LSJ

Apr 13, 2006, 9:25:50 AM4/13/06
Fred Scott wrote:
> Hmmm. That's an interesting point in general, never mind Muse of Flame.
> Is it impossible for an imbued or any other ally to, say, Bum's Rush a
> vampire with Changelin Ward since they can't pay the blood cost?

Yes.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d14ef7f3a9ee3734

Salem

Apr 13, 2006, 9:53:00 AM4/13/06

I had written a lengthy post (with references, quotes and everything)
refuting that answer. Until I noticed Fred said "impossible", not
"possible", like I initially read. Ooops.

Carry on.
--
salem
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/vtes/