Three More Rules Questions

echia...@yahoo.com

Nov 24, 2009, 6:41:49 PM11/24/09
#1. Just doublechecking (because card text seems to allow it), but if
an Anarch Convert enters play via Illusions of the Kindred or Chain of
Command, I assume that I can remove it from the game (make someone an
anarch and gain a pool or a crypt card), right? Similarly, Porphyrion
or Seterpenre have wording (not restricted to the influence phase and
doesn't have to be from the uncontrolled region) that would also
trigger, as well as Advanced Beckett's bad text, right? Ha ha.
Illusionary Seterpenres can flush your deck of all your skill cards!
Maybe you can even make it into a Seterpenre Legion deck!

#2. Chain of Command has card text stating that "You cannot choose any
unique vampires already in play." But you can still use Chain of
Command to contest if you contest Spell of Life mummies (since they
aren't vampires), right? (Compare to Illusions of the Kindred with
card text which doesn't contest *minions* and Clio's Kiss whose
superior can target the vampire card but not the mummy).

#3. I play Betrayer on my prey and choose a vampire in my uncontrolled
region. If that vampire is no longer in my uncontrolled region (is
burned, shuffled into my crypt, brought into play but is non-unique),
I assume the Betrayer continues to work? Card text seems to indicate
it is set when played and doesn't constantly check. Assuming that's
the case, then it shouldn't be an issue if someone else gains control
of the Betrayer (and who doesn't have the correct vampire in their
uncontrolled region), right?

Thanks.

LSJ

Nov 24, 2009, 9:50:06 PM11/24/09
echia...@yahoo.com wrote:
> #1. Just doublechecking (because card text seems to allow it), but if
> an Anarch Convert enters play via Illusions of the Kindred or Chain of
> Command, I assume that I can remove it from the game (make someone an
> anarch and gain a pool or a crypt card), right?

Yes.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/927d90ebe3260f99

> #2. Chain of Command has card text stating that "You cannot choose any
> unique vampires already in play." But you can still use Chain of
> Command to contest if you contest Spell of Life mummies (since they
> aren't vampires), right?

Right.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/4ed7ee7587583b5a

> #3. I play Betrayer on my prey and choose a vampire in my uncontrolled
> region. If that vampire is no longer in my uncontrolled region (is
> burned, shuffled into my crypt, brought into play but is non-unique),
> I assume the Betrayer continues to work?

Yes.

> Card text seems to indicate
> it is set when played and doesn't constantly check. Assuming that's
> the case, then it shouldn't be an issue if someone else gains control
> of the Betrayer (and who doesn't have the correct vampire in their
> uncontrolled region), right?

Right.

Tetragrammaton

Nov 28, 2009, 4:17:26 AM11/28/09

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> echia...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> #1. Just doublechecking (because card text seems to allow it), but if
>> an Anarch Convert enters play via Illusions of the Kindred or Chain of
>> Command, I assume that I can remove it from the game (make someone an
>> anarch and gain a pool or a crypt card), right?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Similarly, Porphyrion
>> or Seterpenre have wording (not restricted to the influence phase and
>> doesn't have to be from the uncontrolled region) that would also
>> trigger, as well as Advanced Beckett's bad text, right?
>
> Yes.
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/927d90ebe3260f99
>
>> #2. Chain of Command has card text stating that "You cannot choose any
>> unique vampires already in play." But you can still use Chain of
>> Command to contest if you contest Spell of Life mummies (since they
>> aren't vampires), right?
>
> Right.
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/4ed7ee7587583b5a

Just to be sure: the discussion in the link provided can't applies to
mummies vs chained of command vampires controlled by the same player, right
?
That is: you can't contest unique cards with yourself, so isn't allowed
to chain (of command) out vampires if you control a (spell of life) mummy
already
with that vampire's name, right ?

thanks in advance

Emiliano, NC Italy