[LSJ] Jibade el-Bahrawi and The Summoning

Arry

Dec 7, 2009, 4:10:02 AM12/7/09
Hello,

I need clarification on these cards.

Jibade el-Bahrawi (non-advanced) plays The Summoning at superior. Is
this action at +2 stealth? If he finds Procurer, does he pay 1 blood?

(For the second question, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but let
it stay for completeness. As for the first question, it might have
been already answered in http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/ed019859c4724d0d
, but I'm confused at the wording and unsure if it's +1 stealth of +2
stealth.)

Thanks for your help,
Arry

--

Jibade el-Bahrawi
Ishtarri

Summoning, The
Action
Presence
+1 stealth action.
[pre] Search your library for an ally or retainer. Show it to all
players and put it in your hand (shuffle and discard afterward).
[PRE] Search your library for an ally. This vampire recruits that ally
(requirements and cost apply as normal). Shuffle afterward.

Procurer
Ally
2 Blood
Ghoul with 1 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
Procurer may move 1 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you
control as a +2 stealth action.

Vincent

Dec 7, 2009, 6:27:19 AM12/7/09
On Dec 7, 10:10 am, Arry <dea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need clarification on these cards.
>
> Jibade el-Bahrawi (non-advanced) plays The Summoning at superior.  Is
> this action at +2 stealth?  If he finds Procurer, does he pay 1 blood?

Yes and yes.
Since The Summoning states "This vampire recruits that ally", it's a
recruit action and Jibade gets an additional +1 stealth. When the
action succeeds, he has to pay the cost and pays 1 less thanks to his
special.

LSJ

Dec 7, 2009, 6:58:21 AM12/7/09

Correct.

Kevin M.

Dec 7, 2009, 11:44:27 AM12/7/09
LSJ wrote:

Lasombra,
Perhaps the FAQ could use a "How does The Summoning work, really?"
entry? Thanks. :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
Please buy my cards! http://shop.ebay.com/kjmergen/m.html