Kerrie plus Undead Strength at Long Range

Yametazamwa mara 15
Ruka hadi kwenye ujumbe wa kwanza ambao haujasomwa

Jeff Kuta

hayajasomwa,
5 Okt 2009, 15:39:5205/10/2009
kwa
Kerrie
Melee weapon. Requires a Laibon.
Strength+1 damage each strike. Alternatively, inflict strength ranged
damage as a strike and, after strike resolution, turn this weapon face
down (out of play) until the end of the action.

Undead Strength
pot: Strike: make a hand strike or melee weapon strike at +1 damage.
POT: Strike: make a hand strike or melee weapon strike at +2 damage.

Searched on "Kerrie" and couldn't find anything other than Mass
Reality Kerrie Trick discussion.

So, can you use a Kerrie at range modified by Undead Strength? It is a
Melee Weapon any way you look at it, so I'd guess yes.

Jeff

witness1

hayajasomwa,
5 Okt 2009, 15:43:4205/10/2009
kwa

Correct. Try Brute Force!

-witness1

brandonsantacruz

hayajasomwa,
5 Okt 2009, 17:32:3605/10/2009
kwa

Or Torn Signpost + Mighty Grapple ;) My cousin Andy used Kerrie +
Potence as part of his Guruhi Toolbox last tournament, Jeff.

Brandon

Powerlord

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 08:29:2306/10/2009
kwa

IANLSJ but i think you can not.

Kerrie says it inflicts STR+1 each strike, so you can use another
strike that requires (or allows) a melee weapon in orther to benefict
from it. If you use US, you are striking with US and not Kerrie:
Undead Strength
pot: Strike: make a hand strike or <KERRIE> strike at +1 damage.
(Hitting for 3 Damage if your minion has 1 strength)
POT: Strike: make a hand strike or <KERRIE> strike at +2 damage.
(Hitting for 4 Damage if your minion has 1 strength)

At long range, Kerrie provides a strike "(...)Alternatively, inflict
strength ranged damage as a strike(...)", so you cannot use US to add
damage to the strike, because:
- Undead Strenght is already a strike
- Undead Strenght does not increases your strength

Torn Signpost, Preternatural Strength and Heroic Might are examples of
cards that increase your base strength.

Cheers
Ricardo Marta
Prince of Lisboa
Portugal

LSJ

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 08:37:3106/10/2009
kwa
Powerlord wrote:
> On Oct 5, 8:39 pm, Jeff Kuta <jeff.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kerrie
>> Melee weapon. Requires a Laibon.
>> Strength+1 damage each strike. Alternatively, inflict strength ranged
>> damage as a strike and, after strike resolution, turn this weapon face
>> down (out of play) until the end of the action.
>>
>> Undead Strength
>> pot: Strike: make a hand strike or melee weapon strike at +1 damage.
>> POT: Strike: make a hand strike or melee weapon strike at +2 damage.
>>
>> Searched on "Kerrie" and couldn't find anything other than Mass
>> Reality Kerrie Trick discussion.

Use "Search Groups" rather than "Search this group".

>> So, can you use a Kerrie at range modified by Undead Strength? It is a
>> Melee Weapon any way you look at it, so I'd guess yes.

Correct.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/f2be3735d9d6b098
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/c70c6a96cd54ce3d

> IANLSJ but i think you can not.
>
> Kerrie says it inflicts STR+1 each strike, so you can use another
> strike that requires (or allows) a melee weapon in orther to benefict
> from it. If you use US, you are striking with US and not Kerrie:

You can use Undead Strength at superior to make a melee weapon strike at +2 damage.

> Undead Strength
> pot: Strike: make a hand strike or <KERRIE> strike at +1 damage.
> (Hitting for 3 Damage if your minion has 1 strength)
> POT: Strike: make a hand strike or <KERRIE> strike at +2 damage.
> (Hitting for 4 Damage if your minion has 1 strength)
>
> At long range, Kerrie provides a strike "(...)Alternatively, inflict
> strength ranged damage as a strike(...)", so you cannot use US to add
> damage to the strike, because:
> - Undead Strenght is already a strike
> - Undead Strenght does not increases your strength

You can because:

-- Undead Strength is your strike.
-- It allows you to make a melee weapon strike at +2 damage.
-- Kerrie's long ranged strike option is a melee weapon strike.

Powerlord

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 09:41:1406/10/2009
kwa
On Oct 6, 1:37 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> You can because:
>
> -- Undead Strength is your strike.
> -- It allows you to make a melee weapon strike at +2 damage.
> -- Kerrie's long ranged strike option is a melee weapon strike.

Isn't the alternative stated in Kerrie, already a Strike? Or are you
"able" to use a strike as a ranged strike due to Kerrie's ability?

LSJ

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 10:07:1106/10/2009
kwa
Powerlord wrote:
> On Oct 6, 1:37 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> You can because:
>>
>> -- Undead Strength is your strike.
>> -- It allows you to make a melee weapon strike at +2 damage.
>> -- Kerrie's long ranged strike option is a melee weapon strike.
>
> Isn't the alternative stated in Kerrie, already a Strike?

Yes, as noted above.

> Or are you
> "able" to use a strike as a ranged strike due to Kerrie's ability?

1) Undead Strength allows you to make a melee weapon strike at +2 damage.
2) The alternative stated in Kerrie is a melee weapon strike.

1 + 2 = You can use them together.

brandonsantacruz

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 10:27:0206/10/2009
kwa

Powerlord, let me bring your attention to the oft neglected
Nightstick:

Melee weapon.
Strike: strength+1 damage. Or strike: prevent 3 damage to this
striking minion from the opposing minion's next hand or melee weapon
strike this round (including any currently-resolving hand or melee
weapon strike). Only usable once each round.

You can use Undead Strength and choose either strike, but it would
have no effect on the second because it is not a damage dealing
strike, unlike Kerrie's.

Brandon

Powerlord

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 11:13:1006/10/2009
kwa
On Oct 6, 3:27 pm, brandonsantacruz <brandonsantac...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Got it
Thanks

Jozxyqk

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 11:59:5306/10/2009
kwa

Fun Fact: Note that because of Kerrie's text, it is considered to be
a Ranged Weapon, and thus, Anachronism stops a vampire from having one. ;)

LSJ

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 12:02:1106/10/2009
kwa

Yeah. Too bad Anachronism didn't ret-con an "primitive" keyword onto the Bow (or
"modern" onto the non-Bow ranged weapons).

Miguel Cortes

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 15:03:3406/10/2009
kwa
So i guess it works with Strike at the true flesh???

Jozxyqk

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 16:01:1906/10/2009
kwa

It wouldn't be the only change needed for Anachronism to "make sense".
You can't use a .44 magnum (or throw a stick), but you know all about computers and
learjets.... ;)

Juggernaut1981

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 17:46:1806/10/2009
kwa
On Oct 7, 7:01 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Jozxyqk wrote:

Wait... so this means that you can:

Vengeance of Samiel + Kerrie for undodgable +2 damage ranged attacks?

Janne Hägglund

hayajasomwa,
6 Okt 2009, 18:22:1806/10/2009
kwa
Juggernaut1981 <brassc...@gmail.com> writes:

Yep. And you can throw in Sword of the Righteous as well for the burn.

I had a Laibon !Salubri + Kerrie deck some time ago. It was fun to play, but
not anywhere near tournament quality.

HG

Ujumbe 0 mpya