Event Announcement: Carlak Calls a Clash, ECQ Czech 2010

Blooded Sand

Aug 11, 2010, 4:59:39 AM8/11/10
Location will be Cerny Rytir in Prague, date is Sep 19, starting at
10am
Email me at sandmage (at) gmail (dot) com for any details you need.

Finalists will be required to submit decklists for reporting purposes,
no excuses ;)

Blooded Sand

Aug 16, 2010, 4:45:33 AM8/16/10

Bumpety bump.

Blooded Sand

Aug 23, 2010, 7:37:04 AM8/23/10

And again

Janne Hägglund

Aug 23, 2010, 7:53:21 AM8/23/10
Blooded Sand <sand...@gmail.com> writes:

Please stop doing that.

A) It annoys me already, just think how annoyed I will be at mid-September
if you keep this up.

B) This is not a web forum. Even for those who read this group through
Google Groups, it doesn't work. Just look for yourself:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/topics

Thank you.

HG

_angst_

Aug 23, 2010, 9:28:19 AM8/23/10
On Aug 23, 1:53 pm, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:
> B) This is not a web forum.  Even for those who read this group through
>    Google Groups, it doesn't work.  Just look for yourself:
>
>        http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/topics

Netiquette aside. I don't understand this part. It works perfectly.
Brings up the post to the top of the forum. That's all you'd ever want
from a bump, no?

//Alex

Peter D Bakija

Aug 23, 2010, 9:39:03 AM8/23/10
On Aug 23, 7:53 am, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:
> B) This is not a web forum.  Even for those who read this group through
>    Google Groups, it doesn't work.  Just look for yourself:

On google.groups, it works just fine (ignoring for the time being if
it is annoying or not)--making a new post in a thread on google.groups
throws the whole thread to to the top of the list (assuming you are
viewing the list threaded).

On non google.group newsreaders, however, if you just post a post that
says "bump" or whatever, all that gets seen is a post that says
"bump", devoid of context. So that is always a bad idea.

-Peter

Janne Hägglund

Aug 23, 2010, 1:54:46 PM8/23/10
Peter D Bakija <pd...@lightlink.com> writes:

> On Aug 23, 7:53 am, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:
> > B) This is not a web forum.  Even for those who read this group through
> >    Google Groups, it doesn't work.  Just look for yourself:
>
> On google.groups, it works just fine (ignoring for the time being if
> it is annoying or not)--making a new post in a thread on google.groups
> throws the whole thread to to the top of the list (assuming you are
> viewing the list threaded).

It doesn't work so for me. Whenever I check Google Groups, the threads are
always sorted by the recentness of the original post of the thread, so
bumping doesn't work. Maybe I have different settings or something?

> On non google.group newsreaders, however, if you just post a post that
> says "bump" or whatever, all that gets seen is a post that says
> "bump", devoid of context. So that is always a bad idea.

Preach it, brother!

Besides, I know I'm not attending any Czech VTES events this year, so all
this bumping is pure annoyance. I got all info I needed from the original
post, thank you very much.

HG

Meej

Aug 23, 2010, 2:10:27 PM8/23/10
On Aug 23, 1:54 pm, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:

> Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> writes:
>
> > On Aug 23, 7:53 am, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:
> > > B) This is not a web forum.  Even for those who read this group through
> > >    Google Groups, it doesn't work.  Just look for yourself:
>
> > On google.groups, it works just fine (ignoring for the time being if
> > it is annoying or not)--making a new post in a thread on google.groups
> > throws the whole thread to to the top of the list (assuming you are
> > viewing the list threaded).
>
> It doesn't work so for me.  Whenever I check Google Groups, the threads are
> always sorted by the recentness of the original post of the thread, so
> bumping doesn't work.  Maybe I have different settings or something?

At least for English-language GoogleGroups (who knows what the
settings look like in other versions), on the Topics page are two
Message or First Message).

So, yeah, counting on a "bump" to do anything of significance isn't
really worthwhile.

- D.J.

alf

Aug 23, 2010, 3:01:22 PM8/23/10
Peter D Bakija schrieb:

> On non google.group newsreaders, however, if you just post a post that
> says "bump" or whatever, all that gets seen is a post that says
> "bump", devoid of context. So that is always a bad idea.
>
> -Peter
Unless you keep headers/messages and they are just organized in the
tree. So you get an old thread with an unread post which you can easily
ignore.
And ignorance is even possible at google groups.
So no fuzz IMHO.
-alf

Peter D Bakija

Aug 23, 2010, 4:09:34 PM8/23/10
On Aug 23, 1:54 pm, h...@iki.fi (Janne Hägglund) wrote:
> It doesn't work so for me.  Whenever I check Google Groups, the threads are
> always sorted by the recentness of the original post of the thread, so
> bumping doesn't work.  Maybe I have different settings or something?

Topic List vs Topic Summary settings.

-Peter