Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Jothar

ungelesen,
10.01.2002, 00:08:1510.01.02
an
You find a scroll named "Pol Pot" of Mass Genocide.

John Q. Smith

ungelesen,
10.01.2002, 00:48:3710.01.02
an
Jothar wrote:

> You find a scroll named "Pol Pot" of Mass Genocide.

... and read it while in town, then geno 't' ... it's been done ...
How do you think I first ID'd that scroll this game? Okay, so it wasn't
named 'pol pot' (that just doesn't have a middle earth ring to it...)

What *I* want to know is this: who is *really* the good guy in *band?
Morgy sits clear down at the bottom of that place & never bothers the
townsfolk at all. Neither do the other monsters. OTOH, the player is
*always* killing off townsfolk--even 'pitiful looking beggars'! He's so
psychotic, he can't push his way through a crowd without killing someone
(something even the monsters can do, as they push weaker ones out of the
way; though they do kill their fellow monsters by accident, trying to
kill the player). Heck, the player can't be very nice--he even kills
off *angels* ... Go figure?

So what hope is there for the town, unless the town's noble, heroic
'battle scarred veteran' finishes off yet another, soon-to-be-invincible
player, before they're all genocided/fried by a rod of acid
balls/chopped in two by Ringil?

Heh. Maybe Morgy isn't so bad, after all... :]

Neo_1061

ungelesen,
10.01.2002, 03:32:2610.01.02
an
On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:48:37 -0700, "John Q. Smith"
<jsm...@az.rmci.net> jacked into the Matrix and the following appeared
in rec.games.roguelike.angband:

>What *I* want to know is this: who is *really* the good guy in *band?
>Morgy sits clear down at the bottom of that place & never bothers the
>townsfolk at all. Neither do the other monsters. OTOH, the player is
>*always* killing off townsfolk--even 'pitiful looking beggars'! He's so
>psychotic, he can't push his way through a crowd without killing someone
>(something even the monsters can do, as they push weaker ones out of the
>way; though they do kill their fellow monsters by accident, trying to
>kill the player). Heck, the player can't be very nice--he even kills
>off *angels* ... Go figure?

The angels of the old testament weren't very nice themselves. If one
appears to an OT character it usually means he is in Big Trouble,
rather like when someone in a Star Trek episode is a) unfamiliar and
b) wearing a red shirt, or in TNG if Q appears to a crewman, or a borg
cube appears...

No sig
Just me

Daniel Lensen

ungelesen,
10.01.2002, 05:32:2310.01.02
an
"John Q. Smith" <jsm...@az.rmci.net> wrote in news:3C3D2B35.7050305
@az.rmci.net:

> balls/chopped in two by Ringil?

Owch, formatting can be harsh :-Ž

--
From Daniel Lensen, who in Middle Earth was a Daring Hill-troll and was also
known as: Golalūk the Horrible, Drogo Millbanks from Haysend, Himhis and

Teber

ungelesen,
10.01.2002, 07:57:0710.01.02
an

> What *I* want to know is this: who is *really* the good guy in *band?
> Morgy sits clear down at the bottom of that place & never bothers the
> townsfolk at all. Neither do the other monsters. OTOH, the player is
> *always* killing off townsfolk--even 'pitiful looking beggars'! He's so
> psychotic, he can't push his way through a crowd without killing someone
> (something even the monsters can do, as they push weaker ones out of the
> way; though they do kill their fellow monsters by accident, trying to
> kill the player). Heck, the player can't be very nice--he even kills
> off *angels* ... Go figure?
>
> So what hope is there for the town, unless the town's noble, heroic
> 'battle scarred veteran' finishes off yet another, soon-to-be-invincible
> player, before they're all genocided/fried by a rod of acid
> balls/chopped in two by Ringil?

even the handyman, the mean looking mercenary may save the town from a soon
to be scourge. NOW i see the purpose of these violent town folks. any other
hope would be for townspeople to emigrate to a relatively quiet place, such
as afghanistan.........

incidentally, as has been observed before, the character of the player also
discourages house burglary. i sure never takes place in bands.......

the answer to the all-encompassing question on life, the universe and
everything: close window$ and restart

Zutroi

ungelesen,
10.01.2002, 15:09:4210.01.02
an
Jo> From: jot...@aol.com (Jothar)

Jo> You find a scroll named "Pol Pot" of Mass Genocide.

Arh! I don't know if I should cry or laugh!

Zutroi Zatatakowski
man...@SPAMsluggy.net

... Hey, look! A completely new undocumented fea&%$#*@ NO CARRIER
-*- TurboEDIT v1.35a [MSP96]

-=*> CarBBS (V.2.2.3 W) [07/01/2002] <*=-

* Written with CarBBS Internet Gateway. (Telnet: carbbs.ca) (www.carbbs.ca)

Jonathan Ellis

ungelesen,
10.01.2002, 16:08:4110.01.02
an

Zutroi wrote in message ...

> Jo> From: jot...@aol.com (Jothar)
>
> Jo> You find a scroll named "Pol Pot" of Mass Genocide.
>
>Arh! I don't know if I should cry or laugh!

You have a Long Rod of Probing.

Unfortunately, you have a Short Rod of Speed. (Or, worse still, a
Short Rod of Cold Balls.)

;-)

Jonathan.

0 neue Nachrichten