Blam, blam! Hyperball works. Also a question.....

beaver

Nov 12, 2007, 9:59:57 PM11/12/07
Bought a Hyperball on Ebay a few days ago, and it works!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/75fd6baa870a0c7b?hl=en

Had to do lots of work on it, but it reminds me of how much I like
working on these machines.

One question: There is a big hole in the bottom of the cabinet. I
figured it was for a cab speaker. However, my good bud Ken (Kenbo)
informs me that his does not have a speaker. It is basically
functioning as a vent hole.

So does Hyperball have a cab speaker? I already put one in mine
thinking it was missing, but the manual indicates just one speaker. I
must say I kind of like the sound coming from there.

Edward Cheung CARGPB26

metallik

Nov 12, 2007, 10:10:53 PM11/12/07
Just checked mine, no speaker. Hadn't noticed before.. the backbox
speaker cranks up pretty well.

Great game, congrats on getting it running!

On Nov 12, 9:59 pm, beaver <e...@edcheung.com> wrote:
> Bought a Hyperball on Ebay a few days ago, and it works!http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/75...

MarcelG

Nov 12, 2007, 10:13:15 PM11/12/07
On Nov 12, 9:59 pm, beaver <e...@edcheung.com> wrote:
> Bought a Hyperball on Ebay a few days ago, and it works!http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/75...

> Had to do lots of work on it, but it reminds me of how much I like
> working on these machines.
>
> One question: There is a big hole in the bottom of the cabinet. I
> figured it was for a cab speaker. However, my good bud Ken (Kenbo)
> informs me that his does not have a speaker. It is basically
> functioning as a vent hole.
>
> So does Hyperball have a cab speaker? I already put one in mine
> thinking it was missing, but the manual indicates just one speaker. I
> must say I kind of like the sound coming from there.
>
> Edward Cheung CARGPB26

The only factory speaker Hyperball has is in the backbox. In my HB,
the cabinet speaker hole is there also. It made a nice entrance hole
for my cat at one time. ;)

Marcel

Tim Iskander

Nov 12, 2007, 10:14:22 PM11/12/07
Ed,
Very cool... My HB only has a vent in the bottom.. no spkr. It
makes plenty of noise on its own :-)
cheers
/Tim

Retrogameconnection

Nov 12, 2007, 10:15:19 PM11/12/07
On Nov 12, 6:59 pm, beaver <e...@edcheung.com> wrote:
> Bought a Hyperball on Ebay a few days ago, and it works!http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/75...

> Had to do lots of work on it, but it reminds me of how much I like
> working on these machines.
>
> One question: There is a big hole in the bottom of the cabinet. I
> figured it was for a cab speaker. However, my good bud Ken (Kenbo)
> informs me that his does not have a speaker. It is basically
> functioning as a vent hole.
>
> So does Hyperball have a cab speaker? I already put one in mine
> thinking it was missing, but the manual indicates just one speaker. I
> must say I kind of like the sound coming from there.
>
> Edward Cheung CARGPB26

Ed,

What was wrong with your game? Can you provide details of what you
had to do to get it running? Great game. Mine doesn't have a speaker
in the cabinet either just in speaker panel underneath the backglass.

Steve

PT

Nov 12, 2007, 10:24:35 PM11/12/07
Mine came with just a vent hole. It has a nice big woofer now ;-)

Congrats on getting it working so fast! I cleaned mine out completely
when I first got it and have not had any problems at all. Seems much
easier to maintain than any normal pin.

John

On Nov 12, 9:59 pm, beaver <e...@edcheung.com> wrote:
> Bought a Hyperball on Ebay a few days ago, and it works!http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/75...

beaver

Nov 12, 2007, 10:43:31 PM11/12/07
This is what I did today:

- Replaced battery holder on CPU board with remote mount tray (old one
corroded).
- Replaced GI connector onto Power supply board with crimp style.
- Added some screws to fasten driver board to metal tray.
- Changed the four digit plasma display.
- Swapped out ball feed screw motor.
- Fixed coin door diagnostic switches.
- Patched hole in bottom of cab and added a speaker.
- Added coin door lock.
- Fixed several broken wires on the playfield.
- Fastened lots of posts (missing nuts).

Also, I Novus'd the playfield, and it looks great! Deep red, and no
surface haze as I was fearing.

Edward Cheung CARGPB26

Inkochnito

Nov 13, 2007, 2:16:50 PM11/13/07
I would like to know the size for the score and instruction cards.
Maybe even a scan or photo would be great.
I do have 2 cards already, #509-1 & #509-2.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

"beaver" <e...@edcheung.com> schreef in bericht

MarcelG

Nov 13, 2007, 2:26:18 PM11/13/07
On Nov 12, 9:59 pm, beaver <e...@edcheung.com> wrote:
> Bought a Hyperball on Ebay a few days ago, and it works!http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/75...

> Had to do lots of work on it, but it reminds me of how much I like
> working on these machines.
>
> One question: There is a big hole in the bottom of the cabinet. I
> figured it was for a cab speaker. However, my good bud Ken (Kenbo)
> informs me that his does not have a speaker. It is basically
> functioning as a vent hole.
>
> So does Hyperball have a cab speaker? I already put one in mine
> thinking it was missing, but the manual indicates just one speaker. I
> must say I kind of like the sound coming from there.
>
> Edward Cheung CARGPB26

Ed, try an adjust your game to the following difficulty settings:

http://www.pinball.com.au/eshop/?MIval=art_info&grp=10&artno=HYPERB

It makes a better difficulty curve.

Marcel