Sharpie Apprentice strikes again (IJ head repaint)

beaver

Jun 7, 2006, 8:50:03 AM6/7/06
The sideart on the head of my IJ represented a special challenge.
Results here:
http://www.edcheung.com/album/album06/Pinball/ij2.htm#head

Original thread here:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/19bf3637b3fb184b?hl=en

Edward Cheung, CARGPB2K ;-)

dsup...@aol.com

Jun 7, 2006, 8:58:16 AM6/7/06
Damn, that looks fantastic! Wanna come over and do my funhouse???? ;)

Brian

Yves

Jun 7, 2006, 9:09:49 AM6/7/06
Edward,

This is amazing. I absolutely love the way you renovate your pinballs
and we are learning a lot from you. Now, I think you need to use your
sharpie technique on the entire cabinet, and then it will be the most
beautiful IJ around.

Fantastic.

Yves

John Wart, jr

Jun 7, 2006, 9:33:57 AM6/7/06
Great improvement, Ed!

Although I seem to be of the 'cab decal and buy new parts quite often'
belief, it's truly refreshing to see people touching up cabs and trying to
repair original parts whenever possible. I'm definately inspired after
seeing your work.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"beaver" <e...@edcheung.com> wrote in message

Yves

Jun 7, 2006, 10:44:26 AM6/7/06
John, same here.

However, after looking at Edward's masterpieces, I am enclined to do
more myself (which will be good, granted the scarcity of parts and all
the political struggles going on).

Between a bunch of big stickers applied to a cabinet and the work of
Edward, I would not hesitate a long time, even at a higher cost. This
is fabulous and at the same time a simple technique.

I would clear coat the cabinet still, to protect it from cleaner and
alcohool, and to keep the bright shine of the Sharpie for many years.

Yves

MrBellMan

Jun 7, 2006, 12:29:16 PM6/7/06
(In my best Dr. Evil laugh...)
Buuuhahahaha...Buuuhahahaha...Buuuhahahaha...!!!!

Rob "Sharpie Master" Bell
CARGPB20 ;-)
www.robsgameroom.com

MrBellMan

Jun 7, 2006, 12:33:07 PM6/7/06
I have done a Funhouse! It turned out great! ;-)

Rob "Sharpie Master" Bell
CARGPB20 ;-)
www.robsgameroom.com