Lucene enhancements

Khash

Jul 6, 2010, 1:27:11 PM7/6/10
to ravendb
RavenDb fits all my requirements however I need to have more control
over the way Lucene indexes are built in the following way:

- Setting the boot on fields when indexing
- Allowing language specific Stemming for fields (I know it doesn't
support multi-language stemming, but I can do only with English for
now)

So the question is what are the extension points for building the
indexes in RavenDb?

Matt Warren

Jul 7, 2010, 5:33:24 PM7/7/10
to ravendb
You can't currently do this, see this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/ravendb/browse_thread/thread/27691dc8800f7e79
for more info.

At the moment RavenDB only uses the Lucene StandardAnalyser and
doesn't allow any customisation. But it may well change if it's
feasable to do. You could always add it as a feature request here
http://github.com/ravendb/ravendb/issues and see what happens, or
submit a patch?