[PANTUGGeneral] 15/2 Verizon FiOS install experience (2006-10-12)

JP Vossen

Mar 13, 2008, 1:37:28 AM3/13/08
to PANT
By request from the 2008-03-12 meeting.

Still working fine. On the other hand my next-door-neighbor got FiOS
but they were unable to get his Vonage to work, and he got pissed and
went back to Comcast before I had a chance to go over and T-Shoot (since
my Vonage works great).

Note that Mike mentioned something about dual coax "streams," one from
the NID (network interface device) and one from the router. He was
right, I'd never noticed before since I don't use FiOS TV.

My ActionTec router (wireless, Firewall, etc. pretty nice device
actually), has Ethernet WAN in and 4x Ethernet LAN out, WLAN, and coax
out. But the NID (see the last pic with it open) also has a coax out
next to the POTS terminals.

See my previous message about FiOS TCP/IP settings:
http://groups.google.com/group/pantug/browse_thread/thread/981155cc83c3c699