[PANTUGGeneral] Windows reg settings for 15/2 FiOS

JP Vossen

Jan 10, 2008, 12:22:47 AM1/10/08
to PANT
For Troy, but I figured it was a useful FYI. During my 15/2 residential
FiOS install (SE PA Fall 2006) I did not get close to the full 15M
download speed until we ran the "Verizon FiOS Optimizer" on the
sacrificial W2K PC I set up for the installers to use. Naturally they
had no idea what the settings where, so I did a before/after Registry
snapshot and figured it out on another test machine, then applied this
.reg file to other machines. AFAIK, it worked, though I haven't played
with it in a while. YMMV.

----- cut here -----
REGEDIT4

# Changes made by the Verizon FiOS Optimizer on a test W2K server

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]

# CHANGED
# ========
# WAS: "TcpWindowSize"=dword:0000faf0
# (0004b270 = 307824)
"TcpWindowSize"=dword:0004b270

# NEW
# ========
#
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/regentry/58760.mspx
# (0004b270 = 307824) AKA DefaultRcvWindow
"GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize"=dword:0004b270

#
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/regentry/58797.mspx
# SACK is specified in RFC 2018, TCP Selective Acknowledgment Options
# Default is on
"SackOpts"=dword:00000001

#
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/regentry/58800.mspx
# RFC 1323, TCP Extensions for High Performance
# Value Meaning
# 0 (00) Timestamps and window scaling are disabled.
# 1 (01) Window scaling is enabled.
# 2 (10) Timestamps are enabled.
# 3 (11) Timestamps and window scaling are enabled. [Default]
"Tcp1323Opts"=dword:00000003
----- cut here -----

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP |:::======| jp{at}jpsdomain{dot}org
My Account, My Opinions |=========| http://www.jpsdomain.org/
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.