ConfigurationError ... object_buttons with eggs-based buildout

ken manheimer

Sep 10, 2008, 7:16:42 PM9/10/08
to p4a-...@googlegroups.com
i am having a deep lack of success incorporating plone4artistsvideo as eggs into my plone 3.1 buildout (based on the `plone 3.1 buildout`_ plus `plone.app.blob`_ and ZEO server/client, as well as assorted other products.)  i am building with plone.app.blob and zeo.  i have it all working without p4a video, but when i include some or many of the eggs as i could track down, i get this error:

    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "/usr/local/Servers/DevPlone3Cluster/eggs/p4a.plonevideo-1.1-py2.4.egg/p4a/plonevideo/browser/configure.zcml", line 5.2-12.8
    ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'menu', "ImportError: Couldn't import object_buttons, No module named object_buttons")

the error is not resolved by including p4a.subtyper in my buildout, despite what's suggested in `this group thread`_  i also tried to track down and include plone4artistssite, as suggested later in the thread, to no avail.  below is the way i've defined the p4a.video section of my buildout, by which i include the eggs and zcml in my zeo client sections.  can anyone help me identify exactly what's necessary to get it to work?  what am i missing??  i can investigate what "No module named object_buttons" actually means, but it looks pretty misleading.

# plone-for-artists video:
[p4a.plonevideo]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs =
    p4a.plonevideo
    p4a.common
    p4a.subtyper
    p4a.z2utils
    p4a.video
    p4a.plonevideo
    p4a.videoembed
    p4a.plonevideoembed
    p4a.fileimage
    p4a.subtyper
    p4a.audio
    p4a.ploneaudio
    p4a.plonetagging
    p4a.ploneevent
    hachoir_core
    hachoir_metadata
    hachoir_parser
    dateable.kalends
    dateable.chronos
zcml =
    p4a.plonevideo
    p4a.common
    p4a.subtyper
    p4a.z2utils
    p4a.video
    p4a.plonevideo
    p4a.videoembed
    p4a.plonevideoembed
    p4a.fileimage
    p4a.subtyper
    p4a.audio
    p4a.ploneaudio
    p4a.plonetagging
    p4a.ploneevent
    hachoir_core
    hachoir_metadata
    hachoir_parser
    dateable.kalends
    dateable.chronos
--
ken
http://myriadicity.net

Links:

.. _`plone 3.1 buildout`:
   http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.blob/buildouts/plone-3.x
.. _`plone.app.blob`:
   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.blob
.. _`this group thread`:
   http://groups.google.com/group/p4a-user/browse_thread/thread/d4a6390f7eefcf58?hl=en

Nate Aune

Sep 10, 2008, 8:46:40 PM9/10/08
to p4a-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems getting the p4avideo eggs working in your buildout.  I had the same problem last week and through process of elimination discovered that I needed to add p4a.common to the zcml= section to make that error go away.

I'm working on some better documentation for how to get it working within an existing buildout, but in the meantime, here's what my buildout looks like (for a Plone 3.1.5) site:

eggs =
    elementtree
    hachoir-core == 1.0.1
    hachoir-metadata == 1.0.1
    hachoir-parser == 1.0
    Products.PloneFlashUpload == 1.1beta2
    Products.basesyndication
    Products.fatsyndication
    p4a.plonevideo>=1.1,<=1.1.9999
    p4a.plonevideoembed>=1.1,<=1.1.9999
    p4a.ploneaudio
    p4a.plonecalendar

zcml =
    p4a.z2utils
    p4a.subtyper
    p4a.common
    p4a.fileimage
    p4a.audio
    p4a.ploneaudio
    p4a.video
    p4a.videoembed
    p4a.plonevideo
    p4a.plonevideoembed
    p4a.plonecalendar-meta
    p4a.plonecalendar
    p4a.ploneevent

This should get you up and running with the video, audio, calendar, Flash upload and podcasting feeds. Please note that as the 1.0 release of p4a.ploneaudio is currently not compatible with Plone 3.x, so you have to add this to your buildout:

develop =
    src/p4a.ploneaudio
    src/p4a.audio

and then do an svn checkout of these two packages to your /src dir. This can also be done automatically by buildout using the infrae.subversion recipe:

[productsvns]
recipe = infrae.subversion
urls =

Let me know if this works for you.

thanks,
Nate
--
Nate Aune - na...@jazkarta.com
Plone 3 Developer Training in Austin, TX (Sep. 29 - Oct. 1)

http://nateaune.com (personal blog)
http://jazkarta.com (open source technology solutions)
http://twitter.com/natea (daily updates)

Enzo Cesanelli

Sep 11, 2008, 4:01:02 AM9/11/08
to p4a-...@googlegroups.com, Nate Aune
> I'm working on some better documentation for how to get it working within an
> existing buildout, but in the meantime, here's what my buildout looks like
> (for a Plone 3.1.5) site:

It sounds very promising Nate! But what about the p4a.plonetagging? Can I
insert it in the eggs list or it is not yet ready for Plone 3.x?

Thanks,
Enzo

ken.manheimer

Sep 12, 2008, 9:01:28 AM9/12/08
to Plone4Artists users
On Sep 10, 8:46 pm, "Nate Aune" <na...@jazkarta.com> wrote:
> Hi Ken,
> Sorry to hear that you're having problems getting the p4avideo eggs working
> in your buildout.  I had the same problem last week and through process of
> elimination discovered that I needed to add p4a.common to the zcml= section
> to make that error go away.

thanks, nate - the recipe you sent is what i needed!

> I'm working on some better documentation for how to get it working within an
> existing buildout, but in the meantime, here's what my buildout looks like
> (for a Plone 3.1.5) site:

using your recipe i now have it working. i haven't unravelled how to
get the infrae.subversion checkouts automatically in the right place,
but i did a lot of thrashing, so i'll have to explore that after some
travel this weekend. i'll also be interested in refining the video
presentations so, eg, there are play/pause/volume/index controls, but
i haven't even looked into that yet.

i also have a suggestion about documenting the stuff. putting the
documentation where it will be found is just as important as making it
clear and informative, if not more. i like what andi zeidler
ultimately did with plone.app.blob - include essential info in the
pypi page. that's complicate with the number of elements connected
with p4a.video - but you could always put the essentials info in one,
central entry - eg, p4a.video - and put links to that one in all the
others. one of my big frustrations was searching for guidance - i
once found a README.txt with a listing of eggs, but lost track of
where, and the listing didn't actually help. a central place like a
pypi entry can be found, remembered, and kept current.

(i haven't yet confirmed it, but i should add that p4a.video seemed to
just work with my plone.app.blob enhanced buildout. it lacks some of
the zserver-bypass speed enhancements of tramline, but may simplify
getting blobs with p4a.video for others. i hope to have time to post
my buildout with p4a.video to my blobs account, http://myriadicity.net/Sundry/PloneBlobs
.)

again, thank you mightily for the quick and helpful response!
--
ken
http://myriadicity.net