New to this and need guidance.

Cognitivity

Dec 19, 2010, 11:07:01 PM12/19/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this community mass learning-self organization thing. As so I'm a little lost. Is there a repository of data on the process and requirements for new commers or things that should know?

I feel a little overwhelmed trying to find out what to do here.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel Totoliciu

Dec 20, 2010, 10:04:12 AM12/20/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello

You can start by reading
The School of Webcraft FAQ:
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/feed-item/school-webcraft-frequently-asked-q
uestions
About P2PU: http://p2pu.org/about
P2PU Values: http://p2pu.org/values

Small notes about the courses:

P2PU is currently working on the next round of courses.
Sign-up starts on 8 Jan 2011. The courses will start in late January 2011.

This means that there are no courses to join yet, but make sure to watch the
mailing list for announcements about when the courses are open for sign-up.
Anyway, if you're curious about the upcoming courses, you can take a look at
them here: http://p2pu.org/course/list (click "show filter", select the
"draft" course status and then click "apply").

Each course has its own prerequisites and sign-up tasks. This information
will be available on each course's page when the sign-up period will be
open.
Each course will also have its communication methods, but I guess these will
be decided along with the course organizer after you sign up.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Gabriel

Cognitivity

Dec 20, 2010, 11:04:43 AM12/20/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Omg dude that was perfect! Thanks so much for such a rapid response and consice explanation. I'm really looking forward to a class or two from this great community endeavor.

Thanks for giving me a helping hand!

Cog.

davidfx

Dec 20, 2010, 7:27:08 PM12/20/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Cognitivity I can't wait either.  What languages are you interested in?

Cognitivity

Dec 21, 2010, 11:19:07 AM12/21/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Just HTML5/CSS mainly. Love to get a start on PHP Though. But I'm open. You?

David George

Dec 21, 2010, 11:28:31 AM12/21/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
I am very interested in learning more about html5, css3, and javascript.
I especially want to learn how to use jquery. I hope there will be a
course on that too.

Are you doing any prep work to get ready for the sign-up tasks?

On 12/22/10 1:19 AM, "Cognitivity" <artificial...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Just HTML5/CSS mainly. Love to get a start on PHP Though. But I'm open.
>You?
>

>--
>discussing ideas and making decisions about the School of Webcraft, a
>project run by Mozilla and P2PU.
>
>To find out more about the project please read our FAQ:
>http://p2pu.org/webcraft/school-webcraft-frequently-asked-questions

>p2pu-webcraf...@googlegroups.com
>For more options, visit this group at
>http://groups.google.com/group/p2pu-webcraft?hl=en

Alex fry

Dec 22, 2010, 5:04:16 AM12/22/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
It seems that there's alot more interest for HTML5/CSS3 and Java script than anything else.

Rubens Mariuzzo

Dec 22, 2010, 7:21:43 AM12/22/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Yes. And this is good, because it is the base of 'everything' for the web development.

--
Rubens Mariuzzo

From: Alex fry <happywo...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:04:16 +0000
Subject: Re: [p2pu-webcraft] New to this and need guidance.

Radkins35

Dec 20, 2010, 9:03:21 AM12/20/10
to School of Webcraft
I am in the same boat. Any useful information on how all of this works
would be wonderful. I am in digital advertising with very basic HTML
knowledge. I want to learn more items that are useful in my field as
well. It seems most classes around here are for people who already
know a great deal. I am so curious as to what classes will actually be
offered.

Thanks so much.

On Dec 19, 11:07 pm, Cognitivity <artificialcognitiv...@gmail.com>

Bob Crosbee

Dec 21, 2010, 11:34:38 AM12/21/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com

Starter course for jquery would be awesome.

Kindest regards,
Bob Crosbee

Ramiz Raja

Dec 21, 2010, 1:41:18 PM12/21/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
I am very interested in learn  html5 and javascript.
I especially want to learn open source technologies like PHP & the frameworks of PHP.  I hope there will be a course on that too.

THANNKS

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Cognitivity <artificial...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just HTML5/CSS mainly. Love to get a start on PHP Though. But I'm open. You?

DerezzedMind

Dec 21, 2010, 11:23:00 AM12/21/10
to School of Webcraft
Hi everyone, I'm new here.
Yeah, I want to learn HTML5 and CSS mainly as well. One problem
though: I'm a complete newbie at this. I have had no previous training
or knowledge in these languages or field in general, just some basic
html concepts and terminology from these 2 books I read. Do you think
if I will be able to participate in this? ><

On Dec 21, 8:19 am, Cognitivity <artificialcognitiv...@gmail.com>

Anthony Phillips

Dec 20, 2010, 11:07:33 PM12/20/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
well I'm totally lost right here

do we have any kind of collaborative website? like a wiki,

so the list doesn't need to answer the same thing a million times.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM, davidfx <dgeor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah Cognitivity I can't wait either.  What languages are you interested in?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "P2PU School of Webcraft" mailing list. This is a community mailing list for discussing ideas and making decisions about the School of Webcraft, a project run by Mozilla and P2PU.

To find out more about the project you can visit http://p2pu.org/webcraft or http://drumbeat.org/p2pu-webcraft

p2pu-webcraf...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/p2pu-webcraft?hl=en

--
Ad maiora nati sumus

RIK LOPEMAN

Dec 22, 2010, 12:02:24 PM12/22/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Where do total coding newbz start out ?  I really appreciat any help offered or given,
                                          Thanx,
                                                       RikJ...@gmail.com

Jayman Pandya

Dec 22, 2010, 12:47:18 AM12/22/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Yes HTML5 / CSS3 & PHP are the top priorities for me right now...

Jayman Pandya
Creative Designer
9820475975
jayman...@gmail.com

- Sent from my WebMail.

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Cognitivity <artificial...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just HTML5/CSS mainly. Love to get a start on PHP Though. But I'm open. You?

cghearn

Dec 21, 2010, 10:49:37 PM12/21/10
to School of Webcraft
I'm right there with you Cognitivity.

On Dec 21, 9:19 am, Cognitivity <artificialcognitiv...@gmail.com>

Hugo Acosta

Dec 22, 2010, 9:33:16 AM12/22/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
From Santa Cruz, Bolivia!... I'm so interesting too!!! i'm waiting for that course :D.

Hugo Acosta.

2010/12/22 Rubens Mariuzzo <rub...@mariuzzo.com>

--
Ing. Hugo Acosta
www.mozillabolivia.org

rahulbhagchandani

Dec 20, 2010, 12:43:12 AM12/20/10
to School of Webcraft

On Dec 20, 9:07 am, Cognitivity <artificialcognitiv...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Read this, should probably help.
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/feed-item/school-webcraft-frequently-asked-questions

Carlos Alberto Morales Montilla

Dec 20, 2010, 7:43:53 PM12/20/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Thanks men, you have Sencha ExtJS in mind?

2010/12/20 davidfx <dgeor...@gmail.com>
Yeah Cognitivity I can't wait either.  What languages are you interested in?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "P2PU School of Webcraft" mailing list. This is a community mailing list for discussing ideas and making decisions about the School of Webcraft, a project run by Mozilla and P2PU.

To find out more about the project you can visit http://p2pu.org/webcraft or http://drumbeat.org/p2pu-webcraft

p2pu-webcraf...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/p2pu-webcraft?hl=en

--
Carlos A. Morales M.
Ingeniero de Sistemas

Antonio Pagano

Dec 21, 2010, 11:51:02 AM12/21/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Im Also interested,

currently working in Grails, Java and backed things, and planning to move to Css3,
Html5 , Javascript frontend things.

2010/12/21 David George <dgeor...@gmail.com>

--
Antonio Pagano
Systems Engineer

Hippie Strand

Dec 22, 2010, 6:32:01 AM12/22/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
My fundamental interest in html5 is to be able to deploy media to standard web browsers, without need of a pre-download such as flash.  I am thrilled that html5 video works wonderfully on mobile platforms.
--
___________________________________
http://DenimRadio.com

Sudeep Padalkar

Dec 22, 2010, 5:39:02 AM12/22/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
im too  interestedand very eager in html5 java script course

PaddyGamezBox

Dec 22, 2010, 3:11:20 AM12/22/10
to School of Webcraft
yes . I want to learn this aswell .

On Dec 21, 4:19 pm, Cognitivity <artificialcognitiv...@gmail.com>

Cognitivity

Dec 24, 2010, 5:43:50 AM12/24/10
to School of Webcraft
To add to Gabriel's helpful list to get us started I guess we should
all know the guidelines for the mailing list as well. At least I find
it useful :D

Welcome! Please read the mailing list guidelines (Welcome to the
School of Webcraft mailing list [p2pu-webcraft]):
http://groups.google.com/group/p2pu-webcraft/t/826992d63b324a9b

On Dec 20, 10:04 am, "Gabriel Totoliciu" <gabriel.totoli...@ddsec.net>
wrote:
> Hello
>
> You can start by reading
> The School of Webcraft FAQ:http://www.drumbeat.org/project/feed-item/school-webcraft-frequently-...
> uestions
> About P2PU:http://p2pu.org/about
> P2PU Values:http://p2pu.org/values
>
> Small notes about the courses:
>
> P2PU is currently working on the next round of courses.
> Sign-up starts on 8 Jan 2011. The courses will start in late January 2011.
>
> This means that there are no courses to join yet, but make sure to watch the
> mailing list for announcements about when the courses are open for sign-up.
> Anyway, if you're curious about the upcoming courses, you can take a look at
> them here:http://p2pu.org/course/list(click "show filter", select the

Cognitivity

Dec 24, 2010, 7:33:41 AM12/24/10
to School of Webcraft
Ok I've gone to http://p2pu.org and setup an account and perused the
past course list and I'M EVEN MORE EXCITED!

Sorry for shouting but this is really cool. I'm really looking forward
to this new adventure. I just hope I get in the course I'd like to
take.

wrote:
> Hello
>
> You can start by reading
> The School of Webcraft FAQ:http://www.drumbeat.org/project/feed-item/school-webcraft-frequently-...
> uestions
> About P2PU:http://p2pu.org/about
> P2PU Values:http://p2pu.org/values
>
> Small notes about the courses:
>
> P2PU is currently working on the next round of courses.
> Sign-up starts on 8 Jan 2011. The courses will start in late January 2011.
>
> This means that there are no courses to join yet, but make sure to watch the
> mailing list for announcements about when the courses are open for sign-up.
> Anyway, if you're curious about the upcoming courses, you can take a look at
> them here:http://p2pu.org/course/list(click "show filter", select the

Cognitivity

Dec 24, 2010, 7:32:17 AM12/24/10

wrote:
> Hello
>
> You can start by reading
> The School of Webcraft FAQ:http://www.drumbeat.org/project/feed-item/school-webcraft-frequently-...
> uestions
> About P2PU:http://p2pu.org/about
> P2PU Values:http://p2pu.org/values
>
> Small notes about the courses:
>
> P2PU is currently working on the next round of courses.
> Sign-up starts on 8 Jan 2011. The courses will start in late January 2011.
>
> This means that there are no courses to join yet, but make sure to watch the
> mailing list for announcements about when the courses are open for sign-up.
> Anyway, if you're curious about the upcoming courses, you can take a look at
> them here:http://p2pu.org/course/list(click "show filter", select the

Gabriel Totoliciu

Dec 27, 2010, 4:44:19 PM12/27/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com