Welcome! Please read the mailing list guidelines!

Pippa Buchanan

Dec 20, 2010, 7:02:32 PM12/20/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the School of Webcraft mailing list [p2pu-webcraft].

We'd like to welcome new members to the School of Webcraft discussion list who joined following the recent press coverage. We're really excited by your positive response to our project and will answer your questions as soon as possible.

Together with Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU.org),  Mozilla is developing School of Webcraft, a new, participatory way to learn open and standards-based web skills.  To get a clearer idea of the project and what we're working towards we suggest you read our draft charter: http://etherpad.mozilla.org:9000/webcraft-charter

About
This is a working list for the people building School of Webcraft. You are free to lurk, but we ask you to stay on topic if you participate in the conversation.

Too busy? Join our announcement list!

Mailing List Guidelines
  • Be nice and respectful to mailing list users
  • Bring your sense of humour,
  • please recognise that we are an international community. Some humour may not translate well.
  • Please don't forward random stuff / announcements (see About)
  • Assume good faith and intentions in other peoples' statements and actions
  • If you can say the same thing in fewer words, please do so
  • No advertising
  • Use good subject lines that reflect the content of the message.
  • When replying to a message, include enough original material to be understood but no more. Long emails of quoted content are frustrating.
  • When replying to a message, stay on topic. If your post is not related, start a new topic.
  • Assume that people speak for themselves, and what they say does not represent their organization (unless stated explicitly)
  • Courtesy never hurts, and sometimes helps. and please DO NOT SHOUT!
  • No personal attacks, ever!

Thanks for reading! We look forward to your participation in the School of Webcraft. Over the next days we'll let you know the different ways you can get involved with the project and Peer 2 Peer University, the community learning project in which we operate.

Best wishes,

School of Webcraft

Lissandrini Matteo

Dec 21, 2010, 12:17:10 PM12/21/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all,

I'm an Italian web designer and web developer.
I'm using HTML5, JQuery and some CSS3 since the end of 2009, and I'm
looking for some more details about the topic of the courses, to find
if there is something interesting also for me.

In addition I'll be glad to help with some of the courses, if needed,
but I think to have not enough time to lead an entire course myself.

Regards
------------------

Matteo Lissandrini

a.k.a.

Kuzeko
w...@kuzeko.com

Anthony Phillips

Dec 27, 2010, 11:02:33 PM12/27/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the same situation. I want to collaborate but I don't think I have enough time to keep a whole course myself

You received this message because you are subscribed to the "P2PU School of Webcraft" mailing list. This is a community list for discussing ideas and making decisions about the School of Webcraft, a project run by Mozilla and P2PU.

To find out more about the project please read our FAQ: http://p2pu.org/webcraft/school-webcraft-frequently-asked-questions

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/p2pu-webcraft?hl=en

--
Ad maiora nati sumus

Shane Tomlinson

Dec 28, 2010, 5:55:04 AM12/28/10
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
I am in the same situation, I would be happy to help co-teach a course.  I am a competent front end developer and want to help, but due to my honeymoon coming up during the end part of the first 6 weeks, I would be unable to teach a full course.

Shane
http://www.shanetomlinson.com
http://www.aframejs.com - a Javascript MVC library making traditional app development in the browser much easier

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 4:02 AM, Anthony Phillips <just...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm in the same situation. I want to collaborate but I don't think I have enough time to keep a whole course myself

This conversation is locked