Translators needed for Czech, Dutch, and Polish

Peli

Jan 18, 2009, 7:37:36 AM1/18/09
to OpenIntents
According to a Market announcement, developers can now target the
following countries for their applications: Germany, Austria, Czech
Republic, Netherlands, and Poland.

Therefore, we urgently need translations in:
* German (this we can do)
* Czech
* Dutch
* Polish

If you happen to be a native speaker of one of these languages, or
have a friend living in one of these countries, who might be
interested in helping us to translate our applications, please let us
know!

Thanks,
Peli

Wiktor

Jan 19, 2009, 7:32:15 AM1/19/09
to OpenIntents
Hi Peli!

I can translate your applications to Polish.

Just send me an e-mail with appropriate files (strings.xml).

See ya!

Wiktor

Friedger Müffke

Jan 19, 2009, 7:52:41 AM1/19/09
to openi...@googlegroups.com, wiktor.kw...@gmail.com

Peli

Jan 19, 2009, 8:35:08 AM1/19/09
to OpenIntents
The most important is this here :-)
http://openintents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ShoppingList/res/values/strings.xml

I created a new thread for the Polish translation, so please
coordinate Polish translations over there:
http://groups.google.com/group/openintents/browse_frm/thread/69268bf758f7984e

Peli

On Jan 19, 1:52 pm, "Friedger Müffke" <fried...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Wiktor,
>
> Thanks for offering your help, that is great!
> How about the following ones?
>
> http://openintents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ShoppingList/res/values/a...http://openintents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ShoppingList/res/values/s...http://openintents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ShoppingList/res/values/s...
>
> For the actual state please have a look here:http://code.google.com/p/openintents/wiki/Translations
>
> Friedger

pjv

Jan 20, 2009, 1:19:21 PM1/20/09
to OpenIntents
I can do Dutch. Just need to find the time to do it. Do you need it
anytime soon? I myself am also confronted with the translation problem
but was thinking of making a xml2po converter so Launchpad could be
more easily used (and everyone could easily help out to translate).
How about if I create a page on Launchpad for OI as well?

Peli

Jan 20, 2009, 2:00:06 PM1/20/09
to OpenIntents
Well, Android sales in Germany and Austria will start at the end of
January / beginning of February, and Czech republic, the Netherlands,
and Poland should follow soon thereafter :-) So having the
translations by then would be good.

As the project grows, I think Launchpad seems like a good solution for
collaborative translations. For the moment, we'll be faster just
editing the string.xml files directly, but in the long run I think it
makes sense to explore the possibilities using Launchpad for
translations.

This requires a xml2po converter as you mentioned, and I think it
would become a very popular tool :-)
Yes, an OI group on Launchpad for translations sounds like a good
idea! It would be great if you wanted to take the initiative to
coordinate things.

Peli

pjv

Jan 20, 2009, 5:06:23 PM1/20/09
to OpenIntents
I've constructed a androidxml2po.bash wrapper for the already existing
xml2po ("xml" here means a Docbook xml). This should take away some of
the manual labor needed to convert the strings.xml's to .po's and
back. Haven't tested it much yet or used it in practice. You have to
copy it and change some variables inside. I have put it in the svn
repository at http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/#svn/tools/Androidxml2po
.

Hope it can be useful... Please let me know if you think the script
contains errors (I don't really know much bash).

pjv

Jan 20, 2009, 5:37:18 PM1/20/09
to OpenIntents
I've made a Launchpad page for OI at https://launchpad.net/openintents.
I only allow translations and redirect for everything else to
openintents.org. I also made an openintents team https://launchpad.net/~openintents-devs.
You can add yourself to the team, and in this way to the project (I'll
give admin rights to the right people). All the other options are
still on default and can be changed later.

I got stuck on uploading the translations when I became aware that I
probably needed one .pot file for the whole project while there are
many values/strings.xml files currently (from the subprojects). I'd
need to look into what Launchpad expects and how I can solve this. One
option is to make projects for the openintents subprojects as well
(there is functionality for this).

On Jan 20, 11:06 pm, pjv <ezelsping...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've constructed a androidxml2po.bash wrapper for the already existing
> xml2po ("xml" here means a Docbook xml). This should take away some of
> the manual labor needed to convert the strings.xml's to .po's and
> back. Haven't tested it much yet or used it in practice. You have to
> copy it and change some variables inside. I have put it in the svn
> repository athttp://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/#svn/tools/Android...

Peli

Jan 20, 2009, 6:05:18 PM1/20/09
to OpenIntents
Great, I signed up :-)

What will the workflow be? I've seen there are even subprojects for
different versions - but I guess this would only apply for larger
projects.

One subproject per application would sound fine to me.

Peli

On 20 Jan., 23:37, pjv <ezelsping...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've made a Launchpad page for OI athttps://launchpad.net/openintents.
> I only allow translations and redirect for everything else to
> openintents.org. I also made an openintents teamhttps://launchpad.net/~openintents-devs.

pjv

Jan 27, 2009, 4:12:05 PM1/27/09
to OpenIntents
So far, I have been able to upload the english strings.xml, translate
it into Dutch on Launchpad, and than download and import it back into
values-nl/strings.xml, for OI About. I've set up the same workflow for
UpdateChecker and I'm hoping now that my upload to Launchpad will
become a separate item on Launchpad without interfering with the
translations for OI About. Then we don't really need subprojects.

A few remarks:
- "bash androidxml2po.bash -e" exports to .po files, while "bash
androidxml2po.bash -i" imports back to strings.xml's.
- The script needs to be set-up first properly. I've already done the
setup for OI About and UpdateChecker, but if more languages become
translated (for OI About only nl for now) we need to adapt the list of
languages in the script.
- Downloading from and especially uploading to Launchpad takes a bit
of time (up to a few days at first).
- Translating was a joy, at least for OI About, as I got suggestions
for half of the strings (thanks to its likeliness with
gtkAboutDialog!). I'll probably continue on my rhythm for the rest of
the apps for Dutch.
- It's good to manually add a "<string
name="about_translators">translator-credits</string>"-line or alike to
each english strings.xml. Launchpad will by default automatically add
the "translator-credits" entry to the .pot file. It serves as a list
of translators (people should add their names on Launchpad). If you
don't include the line in strings.xml the entry will get deleted and
then re-added on each import/export cycle.
- To deal with "translators-credits" I've made a solution to use this
information in the about dialog, instead of the information from
arrays.xml. If you are interested I can copy this implementation to
some of the OI apps.

Greetz,

pjv

Jan 27, 2009, 5:11:11 PM1/27/09
to OpenIntents
Actually I've gone ahead and added it to OI About. It's easily
removable should it be unwanted (it uses the intents, not the
metadata, interface). It's very important that, in contrast with
Launchpad specifications, translators add a ";" after their names (at
the end of each line). The "Launchpad Contributions: "-line should be
there but is just omitted in the output.

Friedger Müffke

Jan 27, 2009, 5:39:10 PM1/27/09
to openi...@googlegroups.com
What about integrating the code into
About.displayTranslators()

So it can be used by all apps.

Friedger

Peli

Jan 27, 2009, 7:02:16 PM1/27/09
to OpenIntents
Good to see some progress here! :-)

> Actually I've gone ahead and added it to OI About. It's easily
> removable should it be unwanted (it uses the intents, not the
> metadata, interface).

I wonder, would it be possible to put the logic into your script, so
that the .xml file could just contain the translators in a format as
it used to be? Then no modification to the code would be necessary
(especially not a mixing of metadata and intents).

Peli

pjv

Jan 28, 2009, 5:24:20 PM1/28/09
to OpenIntents
Friedger, I think I can do that. Working on it...
Peli, your idea would be a bit hard to do and not as robust.

pjv

Jan 28, 2009, 5:24:27 PM1/28/09
to OpenIntents
Friedger, I think I can do that. Working on it...
Peli, your idea would be a bit hard to do and not as robust.

Peli

Jan 28, 2009, 5:49:42 PM1/28/09
to OpenIntents
> Peli, your idea would be a bit hard to do and not as robust.

I agree that it would be harder to do, but why do you say not as
robust?

Peli

Peli

Jan 29, 2009, 6:33:12 AM1/29/09
to OpenIntents
Ok, I started to use Launchpad for the German translations of OI
About.
https://translations.launchpad.net/openintents/trunk/+pots/aboutapp

I noticed that the languages listed are:
Colognian, Dutch, German, German, Low, Limburgian, Zazaki

Do you have any idea why such exotic languages are listed by default?
Could one make this the languages we need, Czech, Dutch, and Polish?

I noticed if I select my preferred language "German" then I only see
German and Dutch.

I also noticed that you have strings in strings.xml that are no longer
used, so I guess it would be good to clean up strings before uploading
them.

Also, it does not make sense to translate all strings, like web links
or email addresses. Here it would be better to leave the fields empty
so that the default value from "values" is taken. Maybe one can split
up strings.xml into strings that need to be translated and strings
that do not need to be translated.

But I think we can invite now other people to start translating OI
About into other languages using Launchpad.

Can you summarize again in some detail what the current workflow
should look like?
How do I upload strings for other projects, and how do I download them
to include them in the project?
(I have to admit, I have not set up your scripts yet, which is not so
easy as I'm on a Windows machine.. I guess I have to use cygwin)

Peli

pjv

Jan 29, 2009, 3:03:36 PM1/29/09
to OpenIntents

On Jan 29, 12:33 pm, Peli <peli0...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I started to use Launchpad for the German translations of OI
> About.https://translations.launchpad.net/openintents/trunk/+pots/aboutapp
>
> I noticed that the languages listed are:
> Colognian, Dutch, German, German, Low, Limburgian, Zazaki
>
> Do you have any idea why such exotic languages are listed by default?
> Could one make this the languages we need, Czech, Dutch, and Polish?
>
> I noticed if I select my preferred language "German" then I only see
> German and Dutch.
These languages are personal. Everybody gets different suggestions. I
see different languages. But actually, the suggestion is quite good,
as German is there for you. And you might also know Colognian. But,
judging by your region, chances are slim you know Polish.

> I also noticed that you have strings in strings.xml that are no longer
> used, so I guess it would be good to clean up strings before uploading
> them.
We should clean them up.

> Also, it does not make sense to translate all strings, like web links
> or email addresses. Here it would be better to leave the fields empty
> so that the default value from "values" is taken. Maybe one can split
> up strings.xml into strings that need to be translated and strings
> that do not need to be translated.
Yes and no. You might want to send people to different websites based
on language etc. But normally this is not necessary. In that case the
strings should just be constants in the code.

> But I think we can invite now other people to start translating OI
> About into other languages using Launchpad.
As soon as the strings for UpdateChecker are also properly imported,
yes. Otherwise some work may go lost.

> Can you summarize again in some detail what the current workflow
> should look like?
> How do I upload strings for other projects, and how do I download them
> to include them in the project?
> (I have to admit, I have not set up your scripts yet, which is not so
> easy as I'm on a Windows machine.. I guess I have to use cygwin)

Weekly workflow:
You have changed some code (including some strings):
- Run "bash androidxml2po.bash -e". This updates the .pot and .po
files.
- Create a tgz containing the .pot and .po file(s) in "./
translations_aboutapp" (I include this last relative path in the
tarball but I have yet to find out if this is really necessary). It's
important that the files retain their name ("aboutapp") because this
should match with the existing templates on Launchpad (or at least, I
think so). Also don't ruin the encoding or the unix linebreaks.
- Upload the tarball on Launchpad. To see the upload you need to go to
exact series first. So on "https://translations.launchpad.net/
openintents" there is no "Upload translations" link but if you click
on "OpenIntents Series: trunk" then there is.
- Wait a few days max. and you will get an email when done.

More strings have been translated on Launchpad:
- Request "Download translations" on Launchpad (PO format).
- Wait a few hours for an email with a download link.
- Get the tarball and unpack the files into "./
translations_aboutapp" (make sure they overwrite). Ofcourse the files
that were there before should have been committed (sent to Launchpad
and imported there) before you download new ones from launchpad.
- (If translations for a new language were made, you need to add the
language in the script: In short_lang the labels from the .po files
("nl", "zh_CN"), in long_lang the labels from the res/values folders
("nl-rNL", "zh-rCN").)
- Make sure that in "translator-credits" all lines with translator
names end with a ";" (or a "; ").
- Run "bash androidxml2po.bash -i". This updates all the
strings.xml's.

Setup workflow:
- Create a similar folder/file structure as I have done for AboutApp.
- In res/values/strings.xml add "<string
name="about_translators">translator-credits</string>".
- Setup the variables in the script. "short_lang" And "long_lang": set
to expected translated languages, see above. "launchpad_po_filename"
is the name/prefix of the template. Make this the name of the
subproject folder. This needs to be unique amongst subprojects so
Launchpad can keep translations apart for the subprojects. The other
variables should be correct unless you make some drastic changes or
unless you change the folder structure.
- Run "bash androidxml2po.bash -e". A .pot file is created.
- Continue with the weekly workflow form here on. First time upload is
a longer wait.
- In case you already start with some translated strings.xml's this
gets a little bit more complex. Make a backup and play with it would
be my advice.

pjv

Jan 29, 2009, 3:17:13 PM1/29/09
to OpenIntents
Just want to add that you probably can easily succeed in finding some
exotic way to break my scripts. Android allows much freedom in the
l10n, while not providing all the features of gettext. I'm thinking
here about using res/values also for orientation alternatives, for
resolution alternatives, making partial strings.xml's, etc. So keep a
bit of discipline (and backups) in the beginning and report any bugs
in the script (so I can at least add a warning). Still, exotic
languages are welcome ;-), I've seen it working with Arabic (right to
left!) and Chinese languages in my gnome environment, which I think is
just fantastic.

pjv

Jan 29, 2009, 4:39:22 PM1/29/09
to OpenIntents
The code to read the Launchpad translator credits is in, following
friedger's suggestion. I try to avoid getting any xml parsing
functionality in my script, that is why I went with this alternative.

I've imported your German translations as well and cleaned up the
unused strings (all of them I think). Are we going to translate the
app title ("OI About")? May give some difficulty with brand
recognition. I haven't done this in Dutch. Thanks for your
translations, they seem perfect apart from that.

On Jan 29, 12:33 pm, Peli <peli0...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I started to use Launchpad for the German translations of OI
> About.https://translations.launchpad.net/openintents/trunk/+pots/aboutapp

pjv

Jan 30, 2009, 2:50:47 PM1/30/09
to OpenIntents
Hi everybody,

Great news. The updatechecker translations seem to peacefully coexist
with the aboutapp ones, so it works! Launchpad is open publicly for
your translations...

Maybe one of you (Peli, friedger?) can try to download the
updatechecker translations and import them into the app, to get some
exercise?

Kind regards,

Peli

Jan 31, 2009, 5:45:11 AM1/31/09
to OpenIntents
> Are we going to translate the
> app title ("OI About")?

We have decided to localize all OI apps, similar to how default
Android applications are localized ("Kamera" (camera),
"Karten" (maps), ..)

So we have "OI Notizblock" (notepad), "OI Einkaufsliste" (shopping
list), etc. and also "OI Info" (OI about).

"Info" is how you will find the "info" box in most browsers that have
been localized into German language.

> May give some difficulty with brand recognition.

Most of our applications are so far utility applications, and the
intended audience on mobile phones is neither required to speak
English nor required to be literate in computer jargon.

So the only recognizable part we currently keep across applications
and translations is "OI".

Peli

Peli

Jan 31, 2009, 6:00:44 AM1/31/09
to OpenIntents
> Maybe one of you (Peli, friedger?) can try to download the
> updatechecker translations and import them into the app, to get some
> exercise?

Hi pjv,

I tried to use your scripts:
* I installed cygwin on windows
* I installed python in cygwin
* I downloaded xml2po from the gnome-doc-utils:
http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/gnome-doc-utils-Download-22874.html
* I realized I need libxml2-python so installed that through cygwin
* I can not make install for xml2po, so I wrote a small script (xml2po
calls "python xml2po.py")
* I launched your "bash androidxml2po.bash".

Unfortunately, I received this:

* If I launch "bash androidxml2po.bash -e" I see this:
--------------------
$ bash androidxml2po.bash -e
Exporting .xml to .pot
Warning: cannot load module 'docbook', using automatic detection (-a).
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-01-31 11:34+0100\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <L...@li.org>\n"

so I see this output on the screen, but no new files get generated.

This happens regardless of whether I start the script from ..../
translations_aboutapp or from ...../res

In the other direction, I see the following:
--------------------
$ bash ../translations_aboutapp/androidxml2po.bash -i
Importing .xml from .po for nl
Warning: cannot load module 'docbook', using automatic detection (-a).
Importing .xml from .po for de
Warning: cannot load module 'docbook', using automatic detection (-a).
--------------------

The strings.xml files get updated (again this happens regardless of
which directory I start from), but the content is far from what I
would like to see:

Instead of an .xml file structure, the files contain the following:
e.g. values-de/string.xml contains:
------------
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-01-31 11:54+0100\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <L...@li.org>\n"
------------

Do you have any idea what goes wrong or what I may be missing here?

Do you also see "Warning: cannot load module 'docbook', using
automatic detection (-a)."?

Do I have to try to load that module somehow, or is automatic
detection good enough?

Peli

Peli

Jan 31, 2009, 6:31:27 AM1/31/09
to OpenIntents
Phew, I think I got it working finally. The bug was on my side.

Here is my new script that correctly passes all parameters:
-------------
#!/bin/bash
python ~/xml2po/xml2po.py "$@"
-------------

We should create a wiki-page explaining all the steps, because I find
it non-trivial....

You did a great job in putting all this together :-)

Peli

On 31 Jan., 12:00, Peli <peli0...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe one of you (Peli, friedger?) can try to download the
> > updatechecker translations and import them into the app, to get some
> > exercise?
>
> Hi pjv,
>
> I tried to use your scripts:
> * I installed cygwin on windows
> * I installed python in cygwin
> * I downloaded xml2po from the gnome-doc-utils:http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/gnome-doc-utils-Download-2287...

pjv

Jan 31, 2009, 6:35:53 AM1/31/09
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Peli,

Good. I was just writing up a long answer with steps to follow to solve
this ;-) and one of them was this:

Could you try to fill in the variable in the script to point to the
built xml2po.py? Something like this:
#Location of xml2po
xml2po="./xml2po/xml2po.py"

Also, this should just work:

cd .../UpdateChecker/translations_updatechecker (You need to
run the script inside, from this path)
rm updatechecker.pot (Supposing you will not commit
these changes but revert later on)
bash androidxml2po.bash -e

I'm seeing as output: "Exporting .xml to .pot"
The updatechecker.pot file should have been created and contain the
same content as the fie deleted above. so it should start with the
output you are seeing additionally (which I am not seeing).

Stick with "-e" until you get it working, as "-i" is more complex and
needs to have the variables in the script changed (or it will give
errors).

On a custom built xml2po I'm seeing the "Warning: cannot load module
'docbook', using automatic detection (-a)." warning as well. Automatic
detection should suffice and on a test here just now it created a
proper .pot file (at least for "-e" it works). I couldn't make install
either if I remember correctly.

The version I'm using is from app-text/gnome-doc-utils-0.12.2-r1 from
Gentoo linux.

Op zaterdag 31-01-2009 om 03:31 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef Peli:
--
pjv

Peli

Jan 31, 2009, 6:59:16 AM1/31/09
to OpenIntents
I'm struggling now with import.

Seems the python script calls the following through os.system():
* msgmerge
* msgfmt

none of which I have installed... :-(

I had thought one point of using python would be to be OS independent,
but calling os.system() undermines this somehow...

Ok, I'll try to find those somewhere..

Peli

Peli

Jan 31, 2009, 9:43:36 AM1/31/09
to OpenIntents
Ok, I could successfully import the .po files (see
http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/detail?r=1881 )

I have the following questions:
* Also in arrays.xml there are strings that need to be translated.
(see UpdateChecker). Would it be possible to include those as well?

* How can we handle multiple strings_xyz.xml files?
(See http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/#svn/trunk/NotePad/res/values
). Or should we combine all strings again in a single strings.xml
file? Should we also include the array strings in strings.xml?

Peli

Peli

Jan 31, 2009, 9:52:23 AM1/31/09
to OpenIntents

> - Make sure that in "translator-credits" all lines with translator
> names end with a ";" (or a "; ").

This step is error-prone and not well scalable. It seems launchpad
does not provide the ";".

Why are we required to insert ";" manually? Can't the program just
look for line-breaks? Or the https:// link that is automatically
inserted by Launchpad?

Peli

Peli

Jan 31, 2009, 10:17:02 AM1/31/09
to OpenIntents
I've added your instructions and my experiences with Cygwin to the
translation page:

On 31 Jan., 15:43, Peli <peli0...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I could successfully import the .po files (seehttp://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/detail?r=1881)
>
> I have the following questions:
> * Also in arrays.xml there are strings that need to be translated.
> (see UpdateChecker). Would it be possible to include those as well?
>
> * How can we handle multiple strings_xyz.xml files?
> (Seehttp://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/#svn/trunk/NotePad...

Peli

Jan 31, 2009, 10:40:08 AM1/31/09
to OpenIntents
I have uploaded the pot file for OI Flashlight:
https://translations.launchpad.net/openintents/trunk/+imports

I have included it directly, without the path
"translations_flashlight/". Just to try it out (since you mentinoned
you were not sure whether it would be required.)

I have not set up anything else. Do I have to create a subproject on
Launchpad or something? If yes, then how do I do that?

Peli

pjv

Jan 31, 2009, 11:00:01 AM1/31/09
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Op zaterdag 31-01-2009 om 07:40 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef Peli:

> Ok, I could successfully import the .po files (see
> http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/detail?r=1881 )

You forgot to append a ";" after " pjv https://launchpad.net/~pjv" (if
you will be operating in the same way as with OI About). I'm not sure
yet if you need to do this on every round-trip.

> * Also in arrays.xml there are strings that need to be translated.
> (see UpdateChecker). Would it be possible to include those as well?
Yes, this is untested but duplicate the script and change these
variables:
launchpad_po_filename="fortune-arrays"
android_xml_filename="arrays"
I would not advise this as it becomes confusing for Launchpad users,
requires double the work, and I think it should be possible to gather
all translatable strings in strings.xml (you can use @string/... in
arrays.xml, right?).

> file? Should we also include the array strings in strings.xml?
Would be easiest, but same as with arrays.xml applies.

> I have uploaded the pot file for OI Flashlight:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/openintents/trunk/+imports
>
> I have included it directly, without the path
> "translations_flashlight/". Just to try it out (since you mentinoned
> you were not sure whether it would be required.)
>
> I have not set up anything else. Do I have to create a subproject on
> Launchpad or something? If yes, then how do I do that?
That's all, just wait. We don't use subprojects or something. When it
has been imported you can add a description "OI Flashlight subproject
translations" so it becomes more clear for Launchpad users which part
they are translating.
--
pjv

pjv

Jan 31, 2009, 11:04:27 AM1/31/09
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, didn't read this yet.

Op zaterdag 31-01-2009 om 06:52 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef Peli:

> > - Make sure that in "translator-credits" all lines with translator
> > names end with a ";" (or a "; ").
>
> This step is error-prone and not well scalable. It seems launchpad
> does not provide the ";".
It doesn't, you need to add it.

> Why are we required to insert ";" manually? Can't the program just
> look for line-breaks? Or the https:// link that is automatically
> inserted by Launchpad?
Linebreaks get removed by Android as far as I can tell when doing
getString(). So I needed a separator. If you can find a solution that
does not require an edit, that would be great.

--
pjv