You're using Mvp4g...let me know!!!

Pierre

Sep 14, 2010, 7:29:05 AM9/14/10
to Mvp4g
I started working on Mvp4g more than a year ago and I would be
interesting to see which projects used it.

So if you're using Mvp4g, I'd like to know more about it:
-a short description of your project (if possible a link to it),
-version of Mvp4g you're using (version number and XML or
Annotation),
-how long you've been using it
-any suggestions you have to improve it.

Thanks,
Pierre

Pierre

Sep 14, 2010, 7:32:09 AM9/14/10
to Mvp4g

shlomico

Sep 14, 2010, 8:46:43 AM9/14/10
to Mvp4g
Hi Pierre

We use MVP4G for 4 months now , version 1.2 (release) with
annotations .
this is an enterprise level product that is evolving its way but
currently have 3 child modules.

all the feedback / requirements that i have i already sent and
probably will do that in the future.
i said that before but will say this again - this is one of the best
open source libraries i used and it all because of you.

keep up the good work

Shlomi

On Sep 14, 1:32 pm, Pierre <plcoir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are 2 projects listed from a previous thread:http://groups.google.com/group/mvp4g/browse_thread/thread/237968024e6...
>
> On Sep 14, 7:29 am, Pierre <plcoir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I started working on Mvp4g more than a year ago and I would be
> > interesting to see which projects used it.
>
> > So if you're using Mvp4g, I'd like to know more about it:
> > -a short description of your project (if possible a link to it),
> > -version of Mvp4g you're using (version number and XML or
> > Annotation),
> > -how long you've been using it
> > -any suggestions you have to improve it.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Pierre- Hide quoted text -

Subhrajyoti Moitra

Sep 14, 2010, 10:07:33 AM9/14/10
to mv...@googlegroups.com
We have been using mvp4g for the last 5-6 months and are very happy about it.
Using Annotation version.
CRUD application, search applications and a recent analytics application.
Other single page applications are also there but small sized. overall at least for 7 different projects we have used it.
Using version 1.1.0.

So far its been a perfect fit for our purposes.

Thanks and great work. Keep it going.

Thanks,
Subhro.

Dinakar Manchikalapudi

Sep 14, 2010, 10:25:35 AM9/14/10
to mv...@googlegroups.com
We have been using mvp4g 1.1.0 since past 6 months... using the XML version ... it has 6 modules and perfectly suits our needs.. Thanks for all the effort you put into this project.

--DK.

vaishakh nadgir

Sep 14, 2010, 10:34:33 AM9/14/10
to mv...@googlegroups.com
We have been using MVP4G 1.1.0 for the last 4-5 months with annotations. Its one of the very easy to take on and has very intuitive API. Its an enterprise level product used in-house. The development is ongoing and we have been able to integrate with gwt-dispatch, gxt, gwt-log and existing transfer obejct layer with great success.

Thanks to you, really well thought out and wonderful library

Thanks,
VN
Vaishakh Nadgir

M: 079 616 918 52

cybervision

Sep 14, 2010, 3:33:48 PM9/14/10
to Mvp4g
Hi Pierre,

thank you for doing this great job.
Five years ago my first web app for the staffing service companies was
released. As a normal web app, usability was poor. Deciding to improve
usability, I start to reengineer the application using GWT. Looking
for a nice and small framework I found MVP4G. It fits perfect my
requirements! Easy to understand, easy to learn, it assisted me
concentrating on the business function nd works perfect with GXT.

Nearly working five month with this framework, I didn't found any
limits nor something bad to say. Compared to standard GWT or other
frameworks, it is easier to understand and to work with.

God job! I'll recommand it!

Thanks,
Frank

adelio

Sep 19, 2010, 3:49:19 PM9/19/10
to Mvp4g
Hey lads,

Just a few coins regarding migrating to Mvp4g.

Recently we've started working on an enterprise application related to
mass media, can't tell ya more as it's kind of closed project, but it
was originally based on an own implementation of an MVC framework and
GXT as a widget toolkit.

The Mvp4g version we're using is 1.2.0, annotations.

We've been using it just for a couple of weeks but I can tell you
already - it just rocks!

It took us about a day to understand the base architecture of Mvp4g
and started the migration process. Fortunately, we were trying to be
as much abstract as possible from the concrete implementations and
used interfaces all the way around so it was very easy for us to
complete the job just in a couple of days. We were following Solution
4 from Mvp4g GXT examples as it was closely related on how we had
built the application originally, so as I said before it required very
little effort to do the migration.

So after just couple weeks of using Mvp4g I must state that it's
absolutely superb MVP framework. Very intuitive, very easy for
understanding, well documented, and what most important - it works! So
if you're still thinking on which platform to choose for your app -
stop right now, you've just found what you need :)

We've also really enjoyed about Mvp4g modules and lazy loading
features and using them very heavily, they're really cool.

Great work, Pierre, please keep going with this project as I'm pretty
sure there will be more and more followers around it very soon :)

Also wondering whether it would be possible to forward events directly
between presenters instead of just forward it to a parent presenter?
Having @Event(forwardTo = {OtherPresenter.class,
PresenterFromAnotherModule.class}) would be really nice when I want
the same event to be shared across multiple presenters from different
modules.

Thanks,
Anton

Pierre

Sep 19, 2010, 4:55:01 PM9/19/10
to Mvp4g
Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to hear that Mvp4g is used on all
these projects :)

> Also wondering whether it would be possible to forward events directly
> between presenters instead of just forward it to a parent presenter?
> Having @Event(forwardTo = {OtherPresenter.class,
> PresenterFromAnotherModule.class}) would be really nice when I want
> the same event to be shared across multiple presenters from different
> modules.
It could be a nice improvement and could be added in the next release.
I will have to check the impact on the code to see if this can be done.

Bob

Sep 20, 2010, 10:12:26 AM9/20/10
to Mvp4g
Hi Pierre,

I have been using Mvp4g for around 4 months now. I am using it for a
couple of management web portals. I am using version 1.2.0,
annotations, with GXT widgets.

This is a great framework!! I don't have any suggestions for
improvement at this point, I just wanted to let you know what I am
using Mvp4g for.

Thanks for the great framework!

Bob

Nicolas François

Sep 20, 2010, 12:12:06 PM9/20/10
to mv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pierre

I don't really use mvp4g but i wrote an article about mvp4g on my company's blog. It's in french, but if I'm not mistaken, you're a french too :)

I hope I did not write big mistake.

Thanks

Nicolas

Olivier TURPIN

Sep 20, 2010, 6:56:57 PM9/20/10
to Mvp4g
Hi Pierre !

9 month ago as I was starting my GWT experience, I read a lot about
MVP and find your implementation, i also tried gwt-presenter and
followed different tutorials grabbed from internet but no one was as
efficient as MVPG4

What i like in MVP4G :
- address MVP needs without trying to solve other kind of concern
- annotation and generators plumbing
- fast learning curve
- great support
- up to date documentation (and even performance bench...)

I'm using MVP4G (1.2.0 with annotation) on a production ready project
(about 60 presenters, pure GWT with custom widgets)

Thank you for sharing this valuable framework,

Olivier.

Pierre

Sep 20, 2010, 10:28:26 PM9/20/10
to Mvp4g
Thanks for listing your projects, I appreciate it :)

> It's in french, but if I'm not mistaken, you're a french too :)
You're right, I'm french :)

> http://www.insideit.fr/post/2010/09/18/Mvp-avec-mvp4g
Very good article, it gives a really good description of the main
features and it's really helpful for anyone starting to use Mvp4g.

Pierre

Alek

Sep 21, 2010, 1:58:15 AM9/21/10
to Mvp4g
Hi, Pierre

We are using mvp4g for our corporate Web application.

When I came to start subproject for main application I introduced
mvp4g (about 4-5 month ago).... now we make refactoring and moving
main project onto mvp4g rails :)
1.2.0, annotations

So, great work!
Thanks a lot

btw, We don't use modules in our project, but from my friends who also
use mvp4g I heard several not so good words about implementation.
Parts which we use (MVP, lazy, GIN) is ok

Pierre

Sep 21, 2010, 8:59:13 AM9/21/10
to Mvp4g
Thanks Alek

> btw, We don't use modules in our project, but from my friends who also
> use mvp4g I heard several not so good words about implementation.
Do you know what your friend didn't like about it? Maybe it has ideas/
comments to improve it.

Thanks,
Pierre

Pierre

Nov 19, 2010, 7:46:59 AM11/19/10
to Mvp4g
We released a new version of our product, www.xplana.com. It uses the
navigation event feature available with the 1.3.0 snapshot (you can
try it by creating a content and leaving the page).

Pierre