Where is my question?

Jay Garcia

Apr 27, 2008, 8:39:40 AM4/27/08
I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
"sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Carl Drud

Apr 27, 2008, 9:08:56 AM4/27/08
Jay Garcia <J...@JayNOSPAMGarcia.com> writes:

> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.

Do you mean the post in the link below. It's still there.

http://groups.google.dk/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/523188b6e8da9aff?dmode=source

--
Carl

Jay Garcia

Apr 27, 2008, 9:33:20 AM4/27/08

Apr 27, 2008, 9:41:52 AM4/27/08
Jay Garcia <J...@JayNOSPAMGarcia.com> writes:

> I only access the news.mozilla.org server, not Google Groups where the
> post cannot be removed by "those in charge" here on n.m.o. but thanks
> anyways. I hadn't really thought about it still being on GG's ..

I found the message through my newsreader as well.

--
Carl

Jay Garcia

Apr 27, 2008, 9:58:40 AM4/27/08

Apr 27, 2008, 10:06:06 AM4/27/08

Apr 27, 2008, 10:24:43 AM4/27/08

Apr 27, 2008, 10:41:40 AM4/27/08
The date and time was 4/27/2008 5:39 AM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
pounded out on the keyboard:

> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.

In your "Interesting !! ??" thread, I see a post from hcb must have been
removed, as JoeS replied to it but it's not part of the thread.

In the "testing" thread, I see your comment about signing up, you serious?

--
Terry R.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 27, 2008, 1:45:05 PM4/27/08
Jay Garcia wrote:
> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.

settle down Jay. Your postings are still there. Its mine
that has been removed. The Mozilla Bully has removed mine.
I'm hcb, and he's removed all three of them. I don't know
how he can say this isn't a grudge, when he's removing any
and all postings from me by other email accounts. This
makes it four times now.

What have you got to say for yourself Chris I?

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
may get banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

dad...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2008, 7:19:59 PM4/27/08
On Apr 27, 1:45 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> settle down Jay.  Your postings are still there.  Its mine

I am "settled down", didn't you read my "I apologize ..." reply?

Jay

»Q«

Apr 27, 2008, 8:01:15 PM4/27/08
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> when he's removing any and all postings from me by other email
> accounts. This makes it four times now.

AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
past moderation. What e-mail address you use to try to get around the
ban shouldn't matter.

Jay Garcia

Apr 27, 2008, 8:26:31 PM4/27/08

Apr 27, 2008, 9:57:49 PM4/27/08
Jay Garcia <J...@JayNOSPAMGarcia.com> wrote:

> On 27.04.2008 19:01, »Q« wrote:
>
> > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> > <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> when he's removing any and all postings from me by other email
> >> accounts. This makes it four times now.
> >
> > AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
> > past moderation. What e-mail address you use to try to get around
> > the ban shouldn't matter.
>
> Why is he still banned when it's been demonstrated that the offending
> post was legally posted according to the guidelines?

I missed that demonstration, but I'm not the one to ask.

»Q«

Apr 27, 2008, 10:53:00 PM4/27/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
> > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> > <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> when he's removing any and all postings from me by other email
> >> accounts. This makes it four times now.
> >
> > AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
> > past moderation. What e-mail address you use to try to get around
> > the ban shouldn't matter.
>
> butt out!!!! The problem isn't with you and me, but the
> Bully and me. I only want to hear from the trouble maker
> himself, not from you or from the other Bully Gang Members.

Interesting that you're shouting "butt out" in a thread you hijacked
from Jay's temporary issue. Thanks much for the orders, but I'm not
interested in changing what I post based on what you want to hear or
whom you want to hear from.

If you want to read only replies from one person, just don't read any
other replies.

If you want actually to /prevent/ other people from replying, your best
choice is e-mail instead of public posting.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 27, 2008, 11:23:10 PM4/27/08

thats a typical crap-out response from the Mozilla Bully
Gang of idiots.

Moz Champion (Dan)

Apr 28, 2008, 4:25:17 AM4/28/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> »Q« wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
>> <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> butt out!!!! The problem isn't with you and me, but the Bully and
>>> me. I only want to hear from the trouble maker himself, not from you
>>> or from the other Bully Gang Members.
>>
>> Interesting that you're shouting "butt out" in a thread you hijacked
>> from Jay's temporary issue. Thanks much for the orders, but I'm not
>> interested in changing what I post based on what you want to hear or
>> whom you want to hear from.
>>
>> If you want to read only replies from one person, just don't read any
>> other replies.
>>
>> If you want actually to /prevent/ other people from replying, your best
>> choice is e-mail instead of public posting.
>>

> thats a typical crap-out response from the Mozilla Bully Gang of idiots.

I find this quite amusing. One person, who was informed he was banned,
finds his posts missing. One should expect that if they are banned, or
at least it occurs that way to me. Regardless if that one (or others)
think the banning uncalled for or not, fact is, the one was banned.

Now, the one who is banned calls anyone who acknowledges the FACTS, tars
and feathers them with name calling. As if that is going to ASSIST
him/her with getting answers.

FACT:
Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned

FACT:
Regardless of who aggrees or disagrees with the above FACT, does
NOT change that fact

FACT:
If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear, after
all they are banned

OPINION:
I personally don't agree with the banning in this situation, but I
still acknowledge the FACT that there is one person who has been banned

Been there, done that <grin> In another group, on another server, there
was a banning, and caused just as much concernation as this one seems to
have. The 'battle' went on for years, and finally the one who was banned
learned to go away and stay away, or perhaps found other pursuits more
to their liking

In that case, as in this, the 'powers' that control the situation agreed
with their 'appointees' actions - and that is that. It would be wise to
acknowledge the FACTS and simply move on.

Jay Garcia

Apr 28, 2008, 6:43:08 AM4/28/08
On 27.04.2008 20:57, »Q« wrote:

> I missed that demonstration, but I'm not the one to ask.

You were "handy". :-)

The "demonstration" was actually a statement of proof that Peter's post
was not out of line and did not violate that which was deemed so by ChrisI.

Jay Garcia

Apr 28, 2008, 6:47:09 AM4/28/08
On 28.04.2008 03:25, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> In that case, as in this, the 'powers' that control the situation agreed
> with their 'appointees' actions - and that is that. It would be wise to
> acknowledge the FACTS and simply move on.

As much as Peter tried to be the "squeeking wheel" that got the grease,
he ended up getting the KY instead. :-)

Message has been deleted

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 28, 2008, 11:17:03 AM4/28/08
Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> FACT:
> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
> FACT:

> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear, after
> all they are banned

fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not
posting as something else, therefore, those other postings
should not have been removed.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 28, 2008, 11:18:57 AM4/28/08
squaredancer wrote:
> On 27.04.2008 14:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
> generate the following:? :

>> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
>> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
>> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
>> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
>> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
>> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.
>>

> getting posts removed (or not posted) is getting quite common! I beginn
> to wonder if *YOUR* post was surreptiously replaced onto the thread??
>
> Anyways - after all the discussion that went on as to the purpose of
> MTMM, Chris I's reply to my post is very pathetic:
>
> He actually calls the OP a Multimedia Test Posting?? That can't be true
> but, as was proven in the foregoing controversy, he hasn't got a clue as
> to what Multimedia is!
>
> reg

but according to gerv, it shouldn't have been posted, it
shouldn't have been approved, and its not a test, because it
didn't contain a binary.

»Q«

Apr 28, 2008, 12:03:58 PM4/28/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not
> posting as something else,

I never saw the post that said you are banned, but according to what you
posted here on 3 Decemeber 2007, the exact words were "You are now
banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia." AFAICR, you are the
only one who thinks that has something to do with what nicknames you
morph to and you haven't said why you think it does.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 28, 2008, 12:36:07 PM4/28/08

either you're pretending to be stupid, or you really are.

You were involved in that heated discussion, and you're part
of that Mozilla Bully Gang, so you knew what was going on,
so don't give me that crap that you don't know.

Do me a favor, and this applies to the rest of the members
of that hole-in-the-wall Bully Gang: until I get my so
rightly deserved apology, never reply to one of my postings
again.

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

»Q«

Apr 28, 2008, 4:45:05 PM4/28/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
> > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> > <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not
> >> posting as something else,
> >
> > I never saw the post that said you are banned, but according to
> > what you posted here on 3 Decemeber 2007, the exact words were "You
> > are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia." AFAICR,
> > you are the only one who thinks that has something to do with what
> > nicknames you morph to and you haven't said why you think it does.
>
> either you're pretending to be stupid, or you really are.
>
> You were involved in that heated discussion, and you're part
> of that Mozilla Bully Gang, so you knew what was going on,
> so don't give me that crap that you don't know.

I only know what was posted here about it. I wasn't involved in making
the decision to ban you, and it's true that I never saw the post you
quoted here; I don't even know if it was a news post or an e-mail. I
take it for granted that you didn't misquote it and I still don't see
why you think it might have something to do with the nicknames you
morph to.

> Do me a favor, and this applies to the rest of the members
> of that hole-in-the-wall Bully Gang: until I get my so
> rightly deserved apology, never reply to one of my postings
> again.

We've covered this. Extra name-calling isn't likely to convince me to
do what you want.

Chris Ilias

Apr 29, 2008, 9:03:39 PM4/29/08
On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:

> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>
>> FACT:
>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
>> FACT:
>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
>> after all they are banned
>
> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
> removed.

<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>

"You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."

"You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just a
means to an end.

For Jay:
Not all posts go through the moderator que. In the case of Peter's
posts, he subscribed to the list to bypass the mod que.
--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

larspeemm

Apr 30, 2008, 12:49:56 AM4/30/08
Chris Ilias skriver:

> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
>> removed.
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>
>
> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>
> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just a
> means to an end.
>
> For Jay:
> Not all posts go through the moderator que. In the case of Peter's
> posts, he subscribed to the list to bypass the mod que.

This on-going, never-ending dispute between the hippo and the mad
deleter is obviously personal in nature, and as anyone can feel it is
pestering the mozilla.general newsgroup. Is there a bug filed about this
unfortunate situation which I can go vote for?

/PM

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 30, 2008, 2:08:05 AM4/30/08

say what!!!! You mean I can file a bug!!!!???? I didn't
know I could do that!!!! I wish someone mentioned it a long
time ago!!!!

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Gus Richter

Apr 30, 2008, 2:38:50 AM4/30/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> larspeemm wrote:
>> Chris Ilias skriver:
>>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>>> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>
>>>

>>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>>>
>>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just a
>>> means to an end.
>>>
>>> For Jay:
>>> Not all posts go through the moderator que. In the case of Peter's
>>> posts, he subscribed to the list to bypass the mod que.
>>
>> This on-going, never-ending dispute between the hippo and the mad
>> deleter is obviously personal in nature, and as anyone can feel it is
>> pestering the mozilla.general newsgroup. Is there a bug filed about
>> this unfortunate situation which I can go vote for?
>>
>> /PM
>
> say what!!!! You mean I can file a bug!!!!???? I didn't know I could do
> that!!!! I wish someone mentioned it a long time ago!!!!

A lot of good that will do though. The guy in charge (Gerv) was asked
directly in NG by several people to get rid of Chris Ilias and he did
nothing. If anything, he supported Chris and the status quo behind the
scenes in spite of the furor caused by his actions. Gerv would also be
looking at the bug and decide. He will get the bug assigned to him
certainly. Remember that he's the one who posted in MTMM 12/20/2007 that
"You aren't being ignored". Unless I missed something, he sure has me
fooled. All that being said, more power to you.

--
Gus

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 30, 2008, 3:20:13 AM4/30/08
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>>
>>> FACT:
>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
>>> FACT:
>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
>>> after all they are banned
>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
>> removed.
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>
> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>
> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just a
> means to an end.
>
> For Jay:
> Not all posts go through the moderator que. In the case of Peter's
> posts, he subscribed to the list to bypass the mod que.

I guess you didn't read my posting, its the last paragraph
that applies to you:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

larspeemm

Apr 30, 2008, 5:01:17 AM4/30/08
Gus Richter skriver:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> larspeemm wrote:
>>> Chris Ilias skriver:

>>> This on-going, never-ending dispute between the hippo and the mad
>>> deleter is obviously personal in nature, and as anyone can feel it is
>>> pestering the mozilla.general newsgroup. Is there a bug filed about
>>> this unfortunate situation which I can go vote for?
>>>
>>> /PM
>>
>> say what!!!! You mean I can file a bug!!!!???? I didn't know I could
>> do that!!!! I wish someone mentioned it a long time ago!!!!
>
> A lot of good that will do though. The guy in charge (Gerv) was asked
> directly in NG by several people to get rid of Chris Ilias and he did
> nothing. If anything, he supported Chris and the status quo behind the
> scenes in spite of the furor caused by his actions. Gerv would also be
> looking at the bug and decide. He will get the bug assigned to him
> certainly. Remember that he's the one who posted in MTMM 12/20/2007 that
> "You aren't being ignored". Unless I missed something, he sure has me
> fooled. All that being said, more power to you.

The right place to start the process would probably be
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=mozilla.org&format=guided>
if Peter or anyone else likes to go ahead.

/PM

»Q«

Apr 30, 2008, 12:11:50 PM4/30/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris Ilias wrote:

> >> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
> >> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have
> >> been removed.
> >
> > <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>
> > "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
> >
> > "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is
> > just a means to an end.
> >
> > For Jay:
> > Not all posts go through the moderator que. In the case of Peter's
> > posts, he subscribed to the list to bypass the mod que.
>
> I guess you didn't read my posting, its the last paragraph
> that applies to you:
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258

One way to stop getting replies from people would be to stop posting
"facts" which need correcting.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 30, 2008, 12:31:03 PM4/30/08
»Q« wrote:
> One way to stop getting replies from people would be to stop posting
> "facts" which need correcting.

I guess you're too stupid, and didn't read my posting. Last
paragraph at:

»Q«

Apr 30, 2008, 1:15:15 PM4/30/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
> > One way to stop getting replies from people would be to stop posting
> > "facts" which need correcting.
>
> I guess you're too stupid, and didn't read my posting. Last
> paragraph at:

> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258

Not only have I read it, I've given you several helpful tips on how to
get what you want. Another one is to stop insulting people -- that
also would make them less likely to post the articles you're trying to
netcop.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 30, 2008, 1:51:09 PM4/30/08

do you have a reading or learning problem? Read the last
paragraph:

if you keep replying, I'm going to keep pointing to this

Larry Gusaas

Apr 30, 2008, 1:55:43 PM4/30/08
On 2008/04/30 11:51 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> »Q« wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
>> <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I guess you're too stupid, and didn't read my posting. Last
>>> paragraph at:

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258
>>
>> Not only have I read it, I've given you several helpful tips on how to
>> get what you want. Another one is to stop insulting people -- that
>> also would make them less likely to post the articles you're trying to
>> netcop.
>>

> do you have a reading or learning problem? Read the last paragraph:

> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258
>
> if you keep replying, I'm going to keep pointing to this

Perhaps you should quit posting as a protest against your treatment
until you get an apology.

»Q«

Apr 30, 2008, 2:14:43 PM4/30/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
> > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> > <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I guess you're too stupid, and didn't read my posting. Last
> >> paragraph at:

> >> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258
> >
> > Not only have I read it, I've given you several helpful tips on how
> > to get what you want. Another one is to stop insulting people --
> > that also would make them less likely to post the articles you're
> > trying to netcop.
>
> do you have a reading or learning problem?

Nope.

Not only that, but also I can recognize irony most of the time.

> Read the last paragraph:

As I just pointed out, I've read it and I've tried to help you with
it. I don't have any new tips to help you, but you haven't tried even
one of the several I've given so far.

In the links you keep giving, you say you don't want replies, so it
seems odd to me that you intend to do all in your power to keep getting
them. I may play along for a while, or not. I trust others who don't
want to see you post the links to get replies over and over will mark
the thread to be ignored.

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T

Apr 30, 2008, 4:43:26 PM4/30/08
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>>
>>> FACT:
>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
>>> FACT:
>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
>>> after all they are banned
>>
>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
>> removed.
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>
>
> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>
> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just a
> means to an end.
>
> For Jay:
> Not all posts go through the moderator que. In the case of Peter's
> posts, he subscribed to the list to bypass the mod que.

Just asking a question now.
in the above you appear to be answering a post from Moz Champ. then have
the Phrase:

"You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."

Is this implying now that Moz Champ is banned. Or is it simply part of
your answer about Peter?

Just need clarification. It appears your banning Moz from MTTM because
he asked a question or made a comment.

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailto:pjo...@kimbanet.com
Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHZ, 2 GB OSX.4.11

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 30, 2008, 7:35:13 PM4/30/08
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>>
>>> FACT:
>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
>>> FACT:
>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
>>> after all they are banned
>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
>> removed.
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>
> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>
> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just a
> means to an end.

no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and
it hasn't been defined on what "you" refers to. And it
wouldn't hold up in any court of law either. So you, being
the Mozilla Bully, has turned this into your own personal
grudge.

And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my
posting:

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 30, 2008, 7:35:19 PM4/30/08

it seems you have not read the last paragraph of my posting:

if you had read it, then you wouldn't be replying. By
replying, you're just proving to everyone how stupid and
arrogant you really are. Because of your stupidness,
perhaps you shouldn't be a moderator anymore. Oh, I'm
sorry, according to the other posters and how they feel
about Chris, it seems thats a requirement.

Irwin Greenwald

Apr 30, 2008, 8:41:53 PM4/30/08
On 4/30/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said

> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't
> been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any
> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
> into your own personal grudge.

It all depends on the meaning of "is"!

--
Irwin

Moz Champion (Dan)

Apr 30, 2008, 8:46:52 PM4/30/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:

>>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
>>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
>>> removed.
>>
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/917a24b1b0650187>
>>
>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>>
>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just
>> a means to an end.
>
> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't
> been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any
> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
> into your own personal grudge.
>
> And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my posting:

> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258

Okay, you don't like putting it in proper terms, too vague for you.

YOU, the one who posts as Peter Potomus and other nicknames, were banned

If YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned (and you were), YOU must expect
your postings to disappear, after all YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned.

The banning applied to YOU, not the identity you happened to use at a
specific point in time.

As to standing up in court, it doesn't have to. The group is on a
PRIVATE server, made available to the internet by several means (direct
and via Google Groups). As a PRIVATE server, the owners are entitled to
make their own rules, and deny access to those they have deemed
unacceptable. In short, you (YOU not just Peter Potumus or any other
identity you care to adopt) have been deemed unacceptable. Ergo, the
powers that be have banned YOU (Peter Potamus et al).

Free speech concerns have no place here. Like on any medium, it can be
edited for content according to the dictates of the owners. In short,
YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned, and you should recognize that FACT.

Changing your identity doesnt change that fact, calling people names
doesnt change that fact, calling the episode uncalled for doesn't
either. YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned.

Oh, and regardless of my opinion pro or con the decision to ban you, I
have hmmm, EIGHT YEARS of experience in dealing with someone who is
banned. Didnt change the fact then, it won't change the fact now. As I
stated previously, tis better to recognize the facts and move on.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Apr 30, 2008, 8:57:39 PM4/30/08

sorry, but thats your interpretation of Peter Potamus et al.
As far as I am concerned, its You as in the one posting as
the Purple Hippo. The one posting as someone else is
totally different and has nothing to do with the other. Its
only that Mozilla Bully [and now the one who's posting as
Moz Champ] who is making that connection and statement. Its
that idiot Mozilla Bully who's got the grudge.

Moz Champion (Dan)

May 1, 2008, 1:01:30 AM5/1/08

I post here as Moz Champion, and always have. My real email address (or
one of them) is always included in any post I make. I don't make posts
'as' anyone else, nor do I take up different indentities.

If 'as far as you are concerned' I am the one posting as the Purple
Hippo, then sir, I shall ask you for proof of such, or you shall be
deemed a LIAR and dealt with accordingly.

You sir, are beyond redemption it seems. You are simply proving that
someone's decision to ban you was correct.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 1, 2008, 1:09:51 AM5/1/08

follow along Dan. Re-read what you posted then re-read what
I posted. I did not say you're posting as the Purple Hippo.
Read what was posted.

Moz Champion (Dan)

May 1, 2008, 4:34:25 AM5/1/08

Okay, I misread that, you were not saying I was posting as someone else.

No, a 'new' identity does not exonerate you. It is not the character
Purple Hippo who was banned, simply because that character doesn't
exist! It was YOU who were banned, regardless of what identity you claim
to have now.

For example, did changing her name to 'Tania' exonerate Patricia Hearst
from crimes committed under that identity? No, it did not.

Did being Sarah Jane Olsen exonerate Kathleen Soliah from her crimes?
No, it did not.

If it is only 'characters' or 'assummed identities' who got banned, then
it would be a totally useless effort. 'Purple Hippo' gets banned, but
then appears as 'Poiple Hippo' who gets banned and then appears as
'Purple People Eater Hippo' - nonsense! If anyone was banned, they
could simply change one character in their onscreen identity and repost,
that's what you are implying here.

On the Internet, in newsgroups, you are whom you purport to be. If you
say your name is Peter, then people will identify you as such, even if
in real life your name is Craig, or Charlie. Most people don't have the
means, or take the time, to delve into the 'names' that others claim to
be. In other groups, I post as "Dantu" because that is how I am known
there. If asked I provide my real identity of course. I also use the
'name' "Daily Posts" in some groups, because I make daily posts with
that identity. If I did something WRONG as "Dantu" then "Daily Posts"
is not exempt from whatever outcome/fallout there is.

For example your 'real' name could be Bill Gates, or Tom Cruise, or
George Bush, and you don't want that fact known simply because it could
bias people towards you, so you post as 'Chartreuse Skunk'. If
'Chartreuse Skunk' gets banned it is not kosher at all to simply change
to 'Black Skinhead' and then admit you were Chartreuse Skunk!

You fully admit it was YOU who was posting under the alias 'Purple
Hippo' or whatever one you were using when it was banned. Ergo it was
YOU who were banned. Not some 'character' or 'identity' who never really
existed in the first place.

Another example, if for instance I 'Moz Champion' was banned from this
group, for one reason or another, it would NOT be allowed for me to
re-appear in the group as "Dantu" or "Daily Posts" or "NTMM" or "NS
Champion" or any of my other 'identities' I post under (all with a
verifiable email address of course)

YOU were banned. Whatever your name is. Not some fictional character you
created and posted as.

Message has been deleted

Jay Garcia

May 1, 2008, 9:59:02 AM5/1/08

May 1, 2008, 11:06:25 AM5/1/08
On 4/30/08 4:43 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:

Only Peter is banned.

Terry R.

May 1, 2008, 11:42:42 AM5/1/08
The date and time was 4/30/2008 10:01 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
(Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:
<snip>

> I post here as Moz Champion, and always have. My real email address (or
> one of them) is always included in any post I make. I don't make posts
> 'as' anyone else, nor do I take up different indentities.
>
> If 'as far as you are concerned' I am the one posting as the Purple
> Hippo, then sir, I shall ask you for proof of such, or you shall be
> deemed a LIAR and dealt with accordingly.
>
> You sir, are beyond redemption it seems. You are simply proving that
> someone's decision to ban you was correct.

Do you always have to revert to calling people liars after calling them sir?

--
Terry R.

»Q«

May 1, 2008, 3:54:36 PM5/1/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
>
> > In the links you keep giving, you say you don't want replies, so it
> > seems odd to me that you intend to do all in your power to keep
> > getting them.
>

> it seems you have not read the last paragraph of my posting:

Now that I know that when you say "you" you don't mean the person to
whom you're replying, it makes a lot more sense that you keep saying
that. But I don't know who you think hasn't read it.

> if you had read it, then you wouldn't be replying.

That doesn't follow. We've covered the fact that no one's bound by your
netcopping demands.

> By replying, you're just proving to everyone how stupid and
> arrogant you really are. Because of your stupidness,

One part of the help I've given you was to point out that continuing
post insults is unlikely to reduce the number of replies you claimed
not to want posted.

If you'd like another response from me, just reply to this post as soon
as you can. ;)

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T

May 1, 2008, 4:05:38 PM5/1/08
Thanks!

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailto:pjo...@kimbanet.com

Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 1, 2008, 4:58:31 PM5/1/08

everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how
ignorant you are, that you can't follow simple little
instructions. Please follow the instructions on the last
paragraph of my message:

Irwin Greenwald

May 1, 2008, 5:08:20 PM5/1/08
On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said

> everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how ignorant you
> are, that you can't follow simple little instructions. Please follow
> the instructions on the last paragraph of my message:

Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?

»Q«

May 1, 2008, 6:19:49 PM5/1/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:

> > If you'd like another response from me, just reply to this post as
> > soon as you can. ;)
>
> everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how
> ignorant you are, that you can't follow simple little
> instructions.

No, if you re-read my responses to your "instructions", you'll
find that it's not that I can't follow them.

> Please follow the instructions on the last
> paragraph of my message:

I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
clear about it the other times you've told me to.

If you'd like yet another response from me, the instructions are the
same as last time. ;)

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 1, 2008, 7:02:46 PM5/1/08

please follow the response I have given here, the last
paragraph, especially the last 8 words, which says: "never
reply to one of my postings again."

»Q«

May 1, 2008, 7:14:30 PM5/1/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
> > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> > <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Please follow the instructions on the last
> >> paragraph of my message:
> >
> > I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
> > clear about it the other times you've told me to.
>

> please follow the response I have given here, the last
> paragraph, especially the last 8 words, which says: "never
> reply to one of my postings again."

I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so

clear about it the other times you've told me to.

And again, if you'd like another response from me, the instructions
for you are the same as before: just reply to this post as soon as you
can. ;)

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 1, 2008, 8:36:30 PM5/1/08

incase you didn't read my posting which applies to you,
please see the last paragraph and especially the last 8 words:

Irwin Greenwald

May 1, 2008, 8:38:33 PM5/1/08
On 5/1/2008 5:36 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> »Q« wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
>> <peter.potamus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> please follow the response I have given here, the last paragraph,
>>> especially the last 8 words, which says: "never reply to one of my
>>> postings again."
>>
>> I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
>> clear about it the other times you've told me to.
>>
>> And again, if you'd like another response from me, the instructions
>> for you are the same as before: just reply to this post as soon as you
>> can. ;)
>>

> incase you didn't read my posting which applies to you, please see the
> last paragraph and especially the last 8 words:

> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258

PP and Q have a Groundhog Day sequence going!

Jay Garcia

May 1, 2008, 8:42:05 PM5/1/08

May 1, 2008, 8:58:37 PM5/1/08
On 01.05.2008 19:38, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> PP and Q have a Groundhog Day sequence going!

The last place for the value of pi will be found before this is over.

Daniel

May 2, 2008, 6:43:18 AM5/2/08
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 01.05.2008 17:19, »Q« wrote:

No, Jay, "Who's on first" had an ending!!

(and, in response to your other posting, I think the last place of Pi is
a six!)

Daniel

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

»Q«

May 2, 2008, 12:54:13 PM5/2/08
Jay Garcia <J...@JayNOSPAMGarcia.com> wrote:

> On 01.05.2008 19:38, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>
> > PP and Q have a Groundhog Day sequence going!
>
> The last place for the value of pi will be found before this is over.

Nah, I'm done unless he cranks up the name-calling again.

FWIW, the last place in the decimal representation is a 3. But keep in
mind I started from the right. ;)

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 2, 2008, 1:35:29 PM5/2/08

how can pi have an ending. It doesn't. It just goes on and
on and on and on and so forth.

In 1949, the ENIAC took 70 hours to yield 2,037 digits.
However, in 1997, a Hitachi mainframe computed pi to 51.5
billion digits in 29 hours. The bottom line is that the
absolutely exact value of pi cannot be computed.

Nir

May 2, 2008, 3:10:25 PM5/2/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said the following On 05/02/2008 11:05 PM:

> how can pi have an ending. It doesn't. It just goes on and on and on and
> on and so forth.
>
> In 1949, the ENIAC took 70 hours to yield 2,037 digits. However, in
> 1997, a Hitachi mainframe computed pi to 51.5 billion digits in 29
> hours. The bottom line is that the absolutely exact value of pi cannot
> be computed.

Ha! So it has no end ! Let me give you a little clue . Here is a very
simple equation ;) .

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler%27s_identity"

Just take Ln on both side and simply put exact value of other constants
and get the value of Pi :P

Dennis

May 2, 2008, 4:06:29 PM5/2/08

Why not simply substitute 22/7 for pi. You can get exact figures with
no decimal places in a lot of equations.

Example: If the radius of a circle is 14 cm what is the circumference?

2(pi)r=c
2 * 22/7 * 14 = 88 cm (no decimal places)

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Bob Bainbridge

May 2, 2008, 4:47:24 PM5/2/08
You have to be willing to accept a fairly large amount of error in your
calculation to use 22/7 since that is 3.142857........... instead of
3.141592..................

Bob B.

Jay Garcia

May 2, 2008, 5:13:02 PM5/2/08
On 02.05.2008 12:35, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> how can pi have an ending. It doesn't. It just goes on and
> on and on and on and so forth.

Your sense of humor definitely has a termination point and it was just
prior to this reply. :-D

Jay Garcia

May 2, 2008, 5:14:39 PM5/2/08
On 02.05.2008 15:47, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> incase you didn't read my posting which applies to you,
> please see the last paragraph and especially the last 8 words:

> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/203f5eb3630e3258

Cripes, not this again !!

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 2, 2008, 5:25:34 PM5/2/08
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 02.05.2008 15:47, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Have I hit all the Mozilla Bullies yet. I can't remember.
I got stuck in a pi.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 2, 2008, 5:26:09 PM5/2/08
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 02.05.2008 12:35, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

we're caught in a pi. I wonder if its a blue berry or a
black berry one? I like rhubarb and strawberry one. Then
again, nothing beats a Saskatoon Berry pi.

Dennis

May 2, 2008, 5:30:29 PM5/2/08

Ya know what? I knew that once! Why do I remember the stuff I need to
forget and forget the stuff I should remember? I had a similar
discussion about this some 30 years ago!!!
--
Dennis

Daniel

May 2, 2008, 7:08:46 PM5/2/08
»Q« wrote:
> Jay Garcia <J...@JayNOSPAMGarcia.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01.05.2008 19:38, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

<snip>

> FWIW, the last place in the decimal representation is a 3. But keep in
> mind I started from the right. ;)

Har! Har! Har!

Daniel

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T

May 2, 2008, 8:50:46 PM5/2/08
pi r square unless you bake it then its round ;-)

Ken Whiton

May 3, 2008, 2:18:55 AM5/3/08
*-* On Thu, 01 May 2008, at 19:42:05 -0500,
*-* In Article wpOdnaZP_JO6_ofV...@mozilla.org,
*-* Jay Garcia wrote
*-* About Re: Where is my question?

> On 01.05.2008 17:19, »Q« wrote:

About a month and a half ago a friend forwarded an updated
version of that to me:

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

You have to be old enough to remember Abbott and Costello, and too old
to REALLY understand computers, to fully appreciate this. For those of
us who sometimes get flustered by our computers, please read on...

If Bud Abbott and Lou Costello were alive today, their famous sketch,
'Who's on First?' might have turned out something like this:

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking
about buying a computer.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.
ABBOTT: Your computer?

COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.
ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.
ABBOTT: What about Windows?

COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?
ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?

COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?
ABBOTT: Wallpaper.

COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.
ABBOTT: Software for Windows?

COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write
proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?
ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?
ABBOTT: I just did.

COSTELLO: You just did what?

ABBOTT: Recommended something.
COSTELLO: You recommended something?

ABBOTT: Yes.
COSTELLO: For my office?

ABBOTT: Yes

COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?
ABBOTT: Office.
COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!

ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.
COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say
I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I
need?

ABBOTT: Word.
COSTELLO: What word?

ABBOTT: Word in Office.
COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.

ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.
COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?

ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue 'W'.
COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue 'w' if you don't start with
some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have
anything I can track my money with?

ABBOTT: Money.
COSTELLO: That's right, what do you have?

ABBOTT: Money.
COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?

ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.
COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?

ABBOTT: Money.
COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?

ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.
COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?
ABBOTT: One copy.
COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?

ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.
COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?

ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

A few days later...

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

ABBOTT: Click on 'START'

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

Ken Whiton

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenw...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

Ken Whiton

May 3, 2008, 2:19:12 AM5/3/08
*-* On Fri, 02 May 2008 16:47:24 -0400,
*-* In Article L62dnUGRdvVH4IbV...@mozilla.org,
*-* Bob Bainbridge wrote

*-* About Re: Where is my question?

> Dennis wrote:
>> Nir wrote:

>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said the following On 05/02/2008
>>> 11:05 PM:

>>> Ha! So it has no end ! Let me give you a little clue . Here is a
>>> very simple equation ;) .

>>> "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler%27s_identity"

>>> Just take Ln on both side and simply put exact value of other
>>> constants and get the value of Pi :P

That's easier said than done. :-D

>> Why not simply substitute 22/7 for pi. You can get exact figures
>> with no decimal places in a lot of equations.

>> Example: If the radius of a circle is 14 cm what is the
>> circumference?

>> 2(pi)r=c
>> 2 * 22/7 * 14 = 88 cm (no decimal places)
> You have to be willing to accept a fairly large amount of error in
> your calculation to use 22/7 since that is 3.142857...........
> instead of 3.141592..................

A closer approximation is 355/113. It matches to six decimal
places: pi: 3.14159,26535,89793,23846,26433,83279,5...
355/113: 3.14159,29203,53982,30088,49557,52212,4...

This discussion of pi brings back memories. When I was in
college, some of us used to see how many decimal places of both pi
and e we could memorize. I had pi memorized to 60 places, and some
others had as many as 110 places. Needless to say, I no longer
remember all 60 places. :-(

Ken Whiton

May 3, 2008, 2:19:17 AM5/3/08
*-* On Fri, 02 May 2008, at 14:26:09 -0700,
*-* In Article i9OdnYsjtoddGIbV...@mozilla.org,
*-* Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote

*-* About Re: Where is my question?

> Jay Garcia wrote:

>> On 02.05.2008 12:35, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

I'm kind of partial to pizza pi. ;-)

»Q«

May 3, 2008, 4:30:50 PM5/3/08
Jay Garcia <J...@JayNOSPAMGarcia.com> wrote:

> On 02.05.2008 15:47, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

He's said he intends to do it every time.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 4, 2008, 3:20:47 PM5/4/08
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
>> everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how ignorant you
>> are, that you can't follow simple little instructions. Please follow

>> the instructions on the last paragraph of my message:
>
> Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?

no, not anyone, just three individuals. Just those who are
part of The Mozilla Bully Gang.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 4, 2008, 3:20:48 PM5/4/08
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:

>>> Just asking a question now.
>>> in the above you appear to be answering a post from Moz Champ. then
>>> have the Phrase:
>>>
>>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
>>>
>>> Is this implying now that Moz Champ is banned. Or is it simply part of
>>> your answer about Peter?
>>>
>>> Just need clarification. It appears your banning Moz from MTTM because
>>> he asked a question or made a comment.
>> Only Peter is banned.
>>
> Thanks!

yeah, just me. I'm the only one. There's nobody else. I'm
the only one that he has a gudge against, thats why he
banned me. He couldn't hack me questioning him, so he
banned me.

Irwin Greenwald

May 4, 2008, 3:55:14 PM5/4/08
On 5/4/2008 12:20 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>> On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
>>> everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how ignorant you
>>> are, that you can't follow simple little instructions. Please follow
>>> the instructions on the last paragraph of my message:
>>
>> Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?
>>

> no, not anyone, just three individuals. Just those who are part of The
> Mozilla Bully Gang.

Bangs head against wall! How to communicate with someone who defines
words to suit his purposes?

Ken Whiton

May 4, 2008, 11:28:06 PM5/4/08
*-* On Sun, 04 May 2008, at 12:55:14 -0700,
*-* In Article bZKdnW172Oo6iYPV...@mozilla.org,
*-* Irwin Greenwald wrote

*-* About Re: Where is my question?

> On 5/4/2008 12:20 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>>> On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said

>>> Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?

>> no, not anyone, just three individuals. Just those who are part of
>> The Mozilla Bully Gang.

> Bangs head against wall! How to communicate with someone who
> defines words to suit his purposes?

It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.

Ed Mullen

May 5, 2008, 12:00:58 AM5/5/08
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 01.05.2008 19:38, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

"... rodent's hindquarters."

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Irwin Greenwald

May 5, 2008, 12:05:48 AM5/5/08

Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
outrageous, I can't hold back.

The Real Bev

May 5, 2008, 1:11:35 AM5/5/08
Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> On 5/4/2008 8:28 PM, Ken Whiton wrote:

>> It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
>> feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.
>

> Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
> outrageous, I can't hold back.

"The bait is so succulent it's impossible to resist..."

Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a
laser pointer for half an hour? The cat is tired and clearly knows that
there's nothing there, but STILL has to jump at it anyway. There's
something just like that automatic reaction buried deep in our brains no
matter how much we try to fight it.

When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a thumb.

Blinky the Shark

May 4, 2008, 8:22:51 PM5/4/08
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> On 5/4/2008 12:20 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>>> On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
>>> Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?
>>>
>> no, not anyone, just three individuals. Just those who are part of The
>> Mozilla Bully Gang.
>
> Bangs head against wall! How to communicate with someone who defines
> words to suit his purposes?

Isn't this someone who doesn't understand the meaning of "you"?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Rinaldi J. Montessi

May 5, 2008, 2:53:53 AM5/5/08
The Real Bev wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>
>> On 5/4/2008 8:28 PM, Ken Whiton wrote:
>
>>> It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
>>> feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.
>>
>> Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
>> outrageous, I can't hold back.
>
> "The bait is so succulent it's impossible to resist..."
>
> Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a
> laser pointer for half an hour? The cat is tired and clearly knows that
> there's nothing there, but STILL has to jump at it anyway. There's
> something just like that automatic reaction buried deep in our brains no
> matter how much we try to fight it.

I've missed you.

Rinaldi
--
Try to be the best of whatever you are, even if what you are is no
good.

Message has been deleted

Jay Garcia

May 5, 2008, 9:14:24 AM5/5/08
On 05.05.2008 00:11, The Real Bev wrote:

>>> It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
>>> feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.
>>
>> Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
>> outrageous, I can't hold back.
>
> "The bait is so succulent it's impossible to resist..."
>
> Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a
> laser pointer for half an hour? The cat is tired and clearly knows that
> there's nothing there, but STILL has to jump at it anyway. There's
> something just like that automatic reaction buried deep in our brains no
> matter how much we try to fight it.

Actually, if you don't move the laser beam, the cat will start to climb
up the beam but then when it's half-way up, turn off the laser. The cat
will plummet to the floor and will never fool with that red spot any longer.

jetjock

May 5, 2008, 11:34:45 AM5/5/08
Jay Garcia wrote:

Are you saying a cat is smarter than a Purple Hippo? ;-)

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 5, 2008, 3:46:16 PM5/5/08

watch it jj, you're treading in deep water here. Just how
smart are Hippos? They're a lot smarter than you give them
credit: http://www.filecabi.net/video/mouthtohippo.html

they even teach kids safety:
http://www.spike.com/video/be-media-smart-house/2758436?cmpnid=800&lkdes=VID_2758436
http://www.herbiethehippo.com/

and one company even takes a lesson from them:
http://www.bbhscanners.com/news/newsletters/Ave_newsletter/2003-07-21.html

and finally, they make great pets:
http://www.hahaclips.net/videos.aspx/video~awesome_domesticated_hippo/Awesome_domesticated_hippo/Animal_videos/

Chris Ilias

May 5, 2008, 7:48:08 PM5/5/08
On 5/4/08 11:28 PM, _Ken Whiton_ spoke thusly:

For cases on news.mozilla.org, you can report trolls to ab...@mozilla.org.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T

May 5, 2008, 7:55:41 PM5/5/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
The purple ones even more so! because the come from Royalty (Purple
robes Royalty get it?) :-)

Irwin Greenwald

May 5, 2008, 8:01:01 PM5/5/08
On 5/4/2008 The Real Bev said

> Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a laser pointer for half an hour?

No.

The Real Bev

May 5, 2008, 9:43:48 PM5/5/08
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote:
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
>>> outrageous, I can't hold back.
>>
>> "The bait is so succulent it's impossible to resist..."
>>
>> Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a
>> laser pointer for half an hour? The cat is tired and clearly knows that
>> there's nothing there, but STILL has to jump at it anyway. There's
>> something just like that automatic reaction buried deep in our brains no
>> matter how much we try to fight it.
>
> I've missed you.

Likewise. What's new?

I'm sure I missed whatever explanation/workaround was given for
secnews.netscape.com. Is there one?

The Real Bev

May 5, 2008, 9:46:55 PM5/5/08
Jay Garcia wrote:

Wow. Gotta try that :-)

I'm annoyed. The most recent update of TB puts whiteout all over the
material I wish to delete instead of a red-orange wash enabling one to
see the text one intends to delete. Bad decision on someone's part.

The Real Bev

May 5, 2008, 9:50:06 PM5/5/08
Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> On 5/4/2008 The Real Bev said
>> Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a laser pointer for half an hour?
>
> No.

The first time it happens you can get perhaps an hour of fun out of it
if it's a young cat. It's probably a good thing to do for a housecat,
though -- they really don't get to exercise their hunting skills very much.

It is loading more messages.