Re: send link starts IE 55 times

Nir

Aug 22, 2007, 10:05:20 PM8/22/07
Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> Sounds like MS has implemented a new viral marketing scheme. :)
>>
>> I'm feeling particularly anti MS today so I'll join in with the
>> slam.
>
> Hi, Rindaldi.
>
> It's an open source slam; go for it; and I hope others take off with
> it from where you leave it. ;)
>
>> A couple of clowns, one in China another in Korea, were hammering
>> my server (linux/apache) with an attempt for an IIS buffer overrun
>> exploit.
>
> On a Linux box?
>
>> I figure I had two or three options for revenge but simply
>> blackholed them and did a forced rotation of the logs.
>
> Elaborate on "forced rotation of the logs", if you will? I don't
> have a lot of Apache experience, although I did used to mirror
> blinkynet locally because I use a lot of php and I wanted to be able
> to see page results accurately before they went live.

Please move this discussion in mozilla.general and continue it there .

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 22, 2007, 11:01:01 PM8/22/07
Nir wrote:
> Please move this discussion in mozilla.general and continue it there .

oh my god! Its happened. Nir's been groomed and trained at
the Chris I University of Off Topicism. He's now morphed and
starting to post like him. Perhaps we should call you Chris
II instead.

Then Q should be rename to Chris III, and JoeS should now
become Chris IV.

Or if you want to be like Stanley Marsh 3, we can call you
Chris 2, Chris 3, and Chris 4.

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Nir

Aug 22, 2007, 11:48:13 PM8/22/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Nir wrote:
>> Please move this discussion in mozilla.general and continue it
>> there .
>
> oh my god!  Its happened.  Nir's been groomed and trained at the
> Chris I University of Off Topicism. He's now morphed and starting to
> post like him.  Perhaps we should call you Chris II instead.

I wonder with whom you actually have problem , me , chris , Q , or every
single person who are not paranoid like you ;-)

> Then Q should be rename to Chris III, and JoeS should now become
> Chris IV.
>
> Or if you want to be like Stanley Marsh 3, we can call you Chris 2,
> Chris 3, and Chris 4.

Ah! We all know you are quite expert in this game  : ... > [snipped for basic reasons] > Heavens to Murgatroid > Snagglepuss > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo > Grant . ( Well , seems like we really need to maintain a database  :-P )

Hippo , if you are still listening :-P , write down your name somewhere
first  , just in case you forget it somehow and need to create a new one .

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 23, 2007, 12:47:40 AM8/23/07
Nir wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Nir wrote:
>>> Please move this discussion in mozilla.general and
>>> continue it there .
>>
>> oh my god! Its happened. Nir's been groomed and
>> trained at the Chris I University of Off Topicism. He's
>> now morphed and starting to post like him. Perhaps we
>> should call you Chris II instead.
>
> I wonder with whom you actually have problem , me , chris
> , Q , or every single person who are not paranoid like
> you ;-)

if you looked at the names I posted, its just those who take
power trips of censoring, sending out offensive and
threating messages.

>> Then Q should be rename to Chris III, and JoeS should
>> now become Chris IV.
>>
>> Or if you want to be like Stanley Marsh 3, we can call
>> you Chris 2, Chris 3, and Chris 4.
>>

> Ah! We all know you are quite expert in this game : ...
> > [snipped for basic reasons] > Heavens to Murgatroid >
> Snagglepuss > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo > Grant . (
> Well , seems like we really need to maintain a database
> :-P )

and your point is what?

> Hippo , if you are still listening :-P , write down your
> name somewhere first , just in case you forget it
> somehow and need to create a new one .

Nir

Aug 23, 2007, 1:07:33 AM8/23/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Nir wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>>
>>> oh my god! Its happened. Nir's been groomed and trained at the
>>> Chris I University of Off Topicism. He's now morphed and
>>> starting to post like him. Perhaps we should call you Chris II
>>> instead.
>>
>> I wonder with whom you actually have problem , me , chris , Q , or
>> every single person who are not paranoid like you ;-)
>
> if you looked at the names I posted, its just those who take power
> trips of censoring, sending out offensive and threating messages.

Yes yes , that is expected from you . ( Clear sign of paranoia )

>>> Then Q should be rename to Chris III, and JoeS should now become
>>> Chris IV.
>>>
>>> Or if you want to be like Stanley Marsh 3, we can call you Chris
>>> 2, Chris 3, and Chris 4.
>>>

>> Ah! We all know you are quite expert in this game : ...
>>> [snipped for basic reasons] > Heavens to Murgatroid >
>> Snagglepuss > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo > Grant . ( Well ,
>> seems like we really need to maintain a database :-P )
>
> and your point is what?

Haven't you read last part ? :-P

>> Hippo , if you are still listening :-P , write down your name
>> somewhere first , just in case you forget it somehow and need to
>> create a new one .

BTW , any news about your next alias ? release date ? or still in
alpha/beta/gamma/delta/omega/... testing phase :-P ?

Rinaldi J. Montessi

Aug 23, 2007, 1:32:43 AM8/23/07
Nir wrote:
-----------

> Please move this discussion in mozilla.general and continue it there .

Done. A little short on tolerance aren't we? For my personal
information, edification, and enjoyment; am I to deduce that two is the
limit for OT posts?

Rinaldi
--
How come I can never find an "anal retentive" quip when I want one?

Blinky the Shark

Aug 23, 2007, 1:52:20 AM8/23/07
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> f/u set mozilla.general
>
> Blinky the Shark wrote:

> I use php for serving up photo albums only. Css is adequate for the rest.
>
> If the log files are local you can; logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/httpd
> which (here) compresses the existing logs, creates new ones, and
> restarts the server. Takes about .25 seconds.

Gotcha! Thanks.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Nir

Aug 23, 2007, 2:04:32 AM8/23/07
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Nir wrote: -----------
>> Please move this discussion in mozilla.general and continue it
>> there .
>
> Done. A little short on tolerance aren't we? For my personal
> information, edification, and enjoyment; am I to deduce that two is
> the limit for OT posts?
>
> Rinaldi

Sorry , Nor sure what you have meant by 'limit of OT posts' :(
Limit after that your message in that thread will be count as OT ? or
Limit after which you will be asked to move discussion to proper place ?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 23, 2007, 2:31:47 AM8/23/07
Nir wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Nir wrote:
>>> I wonder with whom you actually have problem , me , chris , Q , or
>>> every single person who are not paranoid like you ;-)
>> if you looked at the names I posted, its just those who take power
>> trips of censoring, sending out offensive and threating messages.
>
> Yes yes , that is expected from you . ( Clear sign of paranoia )

boy, you sure got a lot to learn about paranoia. Oh thats
right, I forgot, you live in the "black hole of Calcutta",
that explains everything.

Rinaldi J. Montessi

Aug 23, 2007, 2:35:43 AM8/23/07

I'll assume english is not your native tongue.

What I meant was my post was the second in that subthread which I would
have deemed to be OT; yours, the fourth, was the request to move to
moz*.gen*.

But let's not quibble. The point was made and the desired result
achieved. I guess that I should be grateful there are people who wish
to restore some sense of order to the anarchy of USENET. It does,
however, serve to diminish the spontaneity and camaraderie of the medium.

Rinaldi
--
Better dead than mellow.

Nir

Aug 23, 2007, 3:45:02 AM8/23/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Nir wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> if you looked at the names I posted, its just those who take
>>> power trips of censoring, sending out offensive and threating
>>> messages.
>>
>> Yes yes , that is expected from you . ( Clear sign of paranoia )
>
> boy, you sure got a lot to learn about paranoia. Oh thats right, I
> forgot, you live in the "black hole of Calcutta", that explains
> everything.

Black hole of Kolkata in Park Street !!! Oh ! I forgot I'm taking to a
Peter Potamus the paranoid hippo . opps sorry , with 'Peter Potamus the
Purple Hippo' .

BTW , its Kolkata , not Calcutta anymore :-P

Nir

Aug 23, 2007, 6:41:03 AM8/23/07
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Nir wrote:
>> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>>>
>>> Done. A little short on tolerance aren't we? For my personal
>>> information, edification, and enjoyment; am I to deduce that two
>>> is the limit for OT posts?
>>>
>>> Rinaldi
>>
>> Sorry , Nor sure what you have meant by 'limit of OT posts' :(
>> Limit after that your message in that thread will be count as OT ?
>> or Limit after which you will be asked to move discussion to proper
>> place ?
>
> I'll assume english is not your native tongue.
>
> What I meant was my post was the second in that subthread which I
> would have deemed to be OT; yours, the fourth, was the request to
> move to moz*.gen*.

Thanks for making it clear to me

> But let's not quibble. The point was made and the desired result
> achieved.

Thanks for respecting mozilla forum etiquette :)

> I guess that I should be grateful there are people who wish to
> restore some sense of order to the anarchy of USENET.

Thanks for your kind consideration .

> It does, however, serve to diminish the spontaneity and camaraderie
> of the medium.

Mozilla forum etiquette is not a problem to camaraderie or spontaneity
until they become problem to m.forum etiquette .
I think even English is not my native language but still I'm able to
make my view clear to you :)

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 23, 2007, 10:15:41 AM8/23/07
Nir wrote:
>>> Ah! We all know you are quite expert in this game : ...
>>> Snagglepuss > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo > Grant . ( Well ,
>>> seems like we really need to maintain a database :-P )
>> and your point is what?
>
> Haven't you read last part ? :-P

I'll repeat: and your point is what?

Yes, my email address at one point was
Heavens.to...@gmail.com, and I used it for posting.
Thats a well known fact.

Yes I was posting under the name of Snagglepuss in relation
to the above email address. Thats a well known fact.

Yes, I use the name of Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo when
posting. Again, that's a well known fact.

And yes, my name is Grant, and again, it's a well known fact.

Yeah, so! So what?

So, I repeat: and your point is what?

Nir

Aug 23, 2007, 11:46:03 AM8/23/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> and your point is what?
>>
>> Haven't you read last part ? :-P
>
> I'll repeat: and your point is what?
>
> Yes, my email address at one point was
> Heavens.to...@gmail.com, and I used it for posting. Thats a
> well known fact.
>
> Yes I was posting under the name of Snagglepuss in relation to the
> above email address. Thats a well known fact.
>
> Yes, I use the name of Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo when posting.
> Again, that's a well known fact.
>
> And yes, my name is Grant, and again, it's a well known fact.

Where i have told that its really a secret fact ?
Peter , are you dreaming ;) ? Wake up , up up up :)

> Yeah, so! So what?

That's make you a well known expert in your poor rename game :-P .
You have already done enough self experiment to prove it .
BTW folks , is there any way we can award Heaven/Snagg/Peter/Grant for
his extraordinary effort :-P ?

> So, I repeat: and your point is what?

Same as above.
Yes yes , I'm d*** sure that you will never get it .

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 23, 2007, 3:25:19 PM8/23/07

you're right, I don't get it. I don't get things when
people aren't clear in what they're trying to type. Pehaps
your mind is still in Aruba. Yeah, thats probably explain
things.

So, I repeat: and your point is what?

Nir

Aug 24, 2007, 6:31:56 AM8/24/07

My guess come true ;)

squaredancer

Aug 24, 2007, 7:01:14 AM8/24/07
On 23.08.2007 16:15, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

>>> and your point is what?
>>>
>> Haven't you read last part ? :-P
>>

> I'll repeat: and your point is what?
>
> Yes, my email address at one point was
> Heavens.to...@gmail.com, and I used it for posting.
> Thats a well known fact.
>
> Yes I was posting under the name of Snagglepuss in relation
> to the above email address. Thats a well known fact.
>
> Yes, I use the name of Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo when
> posting. Again, that's a well known fact.
>
> And yes, my name is Grant, and again, it's a well known fact.
>
> Yeah, so! So what?
>
> So, I repeat: and your point is what?

his point is, Grant..... diversionism! Haven't you noticed that Nir
(aka ChrisII) has not answered you original remarks??

reg

squaredancer

Aug 24, 2007, 7:04:13 AM8/24/07
On 23.08.2007 17:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Nir to
generate the following:? :

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

<< snipped all daft stuff >>

>> Yeah, so! So what?
>>

> That's make you a well known expert in your poor rename game :-P .
> You have already done enough self experiment to prove it .
>

> BTW folks , is there any way we can award Heaven/Snagg/Peter/Grant for
> his extraordinary effort :-P ?

YES, THERE IS....
send the Spam Cops to the electronical Nirwana - a lot of posters would
be quite happy to see you (them as well) go!

reg

squaredancer

Aug 24, 2007, 7:05:13 AM8/24/07
On 24.08.2007 12:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Nir to
generate the following:? :
Stupidity will get you banned here!

reg

squaredancer

Aug 24, 2007, 7:07:52 AM8/24/07
On 23.08.2007 07:32, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Rinaldi J.
Montessi to generate the following:? :

> Nir wrote:
> -----------
>
>> Please move this discussion in mozilla.general and continue it there .
>>

> Done. A little short on tolerance aren't we? For my personal
> information, edification, and enjoyment; am I to deduce that two is the
> limit for OT posts?
>
> Rinaldi

very strange to me that there was no "Warning" issued with subsequential
"Censoring" of posts in this thread! Are the partaking Names a bit too
large for Nir's "Spam Moose Authority"??

reg

squaredancer

Aug 24, 2007, 7:09:46 AM8/24/07
On 23.08.2007 08:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Rinaldi J.
Montessi to generate the following:? :
Rinaldi - you are *NOT* (repeat - NOT) allowed to smile in the Support
Groups.

reg

Nir

Aug 24, 2007, 7:11:59 AM8/24/07

Think again reg ;) , if it somehow comes true then your only apprentice
, peter , will in trouble too :-P

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 24, 2007, 11:55:50 AM8/24/07

yup, I sure did notice that. Chris 2 is becoming just like
Chris 1 -- almost an exact clone.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 24, 2007, 5:41:52 PM8/24/07

yup, you're talking in riddles. Well, what do you expect
from someone who has an infatuation with Hillary Duff!

Nir

Aug 24, 2007, 6:16:52 PM8/24/07

Peter , are you dreaming again ;) ?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 24, 2007, 6:32:17 PM8/24/07

Nir

Aug 24, 2007, 6:35:51 PM8/24/07

Dhus ! you don't understand it again . I'm talking about 'infatuation'
part . where from you get that information or its another guesswork like
'black hole of Kolkata' :-P?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 24, 2007, 6:50:18 PM8/24/07

well, it does help if you explain things. As far as I'm
concerned, you're talking in riddles. I can't read your
freakin' mind. As for the black hole:
http://www.answers.com/topic/black-hole-of-calcutta

Nir

Aug 24, 2007, 6:53:46 PM8/24/07
Yup , I know what its mean . BTW, you missed it again . May be you own
word will help you to understand ( some people are so strange ;) )
"you live in the "black hole of Calcutta" . Where from you get this info
also ?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 24, 2007, 7:25:55 PM8/24/07

the term is also a reference to the confinement of Calcutta.
Lots of people and very little space. And don't you live
in Calcutta [or excuse me Kolkata]. Therefore, you live in

the black hole of Calcutta.

Nir

Aug 25, 2007, 3:49:24 AM8/25/07

Taking Wikipedia as reference :

Population density in Kolkata : 64,128/sq mi
["http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolkata"]

Population density in Black hole : (146 people in 14 by 18 ft area )
["http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hole_of_Calcutta#The_Holwell_account"])
16,219,173/sq mi

Peter , do you understand the difference ?

--
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_density"

Nir

Aug 26, 2007, 2:07:21 PM8/26/07

Peter , buddy , are you still calculating on population density ;) ?

squaredancer

Aug 28, 2007, 12:07:21 PM8/28/07
On 26.08.2007 20:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Nir to
generate the following:? :
reads very much as if the population (or at least, some of it) is very dense

reg

Rinaldi J. Montessi

Aug 28, 2007, 2:36:19 PM8/28/07
squaredancer wrote:

> reads very much as if the population (or at least, some of it) is very dense

;-)

--
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with
themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 28, 2007, 2:53:07 PM8/28/07
squaredancer wrote:
> reads very much as if the population (or at least, some of it) is very dense

are you saying that the population is dense -- as in empty
headed or dim-witted? ;-)

squaredancer

Aug 28, 2007, 3:40:49 PM8/28/07
On 28.08.2007 20:53, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> reads very much as if the population (or at least, some of it) is very dense
>>

> are you saying that the population is dense -- as in empty
> headed or dim-witted? ;-)

me not sayin' nuttin - me writin :-P

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dense
adjectives 3, 5 and 6 refer!

reg

Nir

Aug 28, 2007, 9:46:14 PM8/28/07

Peter , do you still having problems with above numbers ;) ? May i
help you
anyway ? You can ask for help ( ;) ) privately . Everyone is welcome to
post to my hotmail id , even paranoids :-P .

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 29, 2007, 12:44:18 AM8/29/07

I'm not answering your question until you spam mooses answer
mine!

Nir

Aug 29, 2007, 1:33:55 PM8/29/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> I'm not answering your question until you spam mooses answer mine!

So Peter , until now you seemed not to have any problem to my
questions . And all of sudden ( ;) ) you have decided not to reply
until you get answer in another thread!
And it is your own ( ;) ) decision, right :) ?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 29, 2007, 4:04:04 PM8/29/07

DUH!!! Boy, you're really smart today. No, actually I got
a message from Surya telling me to do it.

Nir

Aug 29, 2007, 6:01:11 PM8/29/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> No, actually I got a message from Surya telling me to do it.

So you have asked a question to the Sun and you
_believe_ you have got a reply also =-O !!

Peter , seriously speaking ( :-D ) , I'm now too worried
about your present condition . I never thought those simple
calculations can put so much pressure on your brain :-P !!

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 29, 2007, 8:28:35 PM8/29/07

thats right. Start answering MY questions and I'll start
considering to answer your questions.

Nir

Aug 30, 2007, 9:36:19 AM8/30/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Nir wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> No, actually I got a message from Surya telling me to do it.
>>>

>> So you have asked a question to the Sun and you _believe_ you have
>> got a reply also =-O !!
>>
>> Peter , seriously speaking ( :-D ) , I'm now too worried about
>> your present condition . I never thought those simple calculations
>> can put so much pressure on your brain :-P !!
>>

> thats right.

which one :-D ? your belief that you got a reply from the Sun :-P or
those numbers left you in stressed condition ;) ?

BTW , are you sure that the message you got from the Sun , was not this
"http://solar-center.stanford.edu/singing/singing.html" :) ?

> Start answering MY questions and I'll start considering to answer
> your questions.

As i have already said , what/who influenced you to take that abrupt
decision especially when you seemed not to have any problem to answer my
questions ?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 30, 2007, 12:50:59 PM8/30/07

If you spam mooses aren't going to answer my questions, then
why should I continue answering yours?

Nir

Aug 30, 2007, 3:21:03 PM8/30/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Nir wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> thats right.
>>
>> which one :-D ? your belief that you got a reply from the Sun :-P
>> or those numbers left you in stressed condition ;) ?
>>
>> BTW , are you sure that the message you got from the Sun , was not
>> this "http://solar-center.stanford.edu/singing/singing.html" :) ?
>>
>>> Start answering MY questions and I'll start considering to answer
>>> your questions.
>>
>> As i have already said , what/who influenced you to take that
>> abrupt decision especially when you seemed not to have any problem
>> to answer my questions ?
>
> If you spam mooses aren't going to answer my questions, then why
> should I continue answering yours?

Really ! Then who the idiot has actually answered [1] my question [2]
even
you already declared that you will not answer until you get answer [3]
:-P ?

[1]"http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/10fe1de7906e4741"
[2]"http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/ab8eecf2aa6449aa"
[3]"http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/c2b57569e3965148"

Rinaldi J. Montessi

Aug 30, 2007, 4:16:35 PM8/30/07

You know, Nir, I expected a higher level of maturity from you because of
your position in these groups. Next time you remind someone of being
off topic, remember this thread.

Yes, I know this is the place for OT posting. I hold you, Chris, et al
to a higher standard than I do others.

--
The primary requisite for any new tax law is for it to exempt enough
voters to win the next election.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Aug 30, 2007, 5:12:14 PM8/30/07

you just don't get it, do you! I'll type a little slower so
you can follow along easier ;-)

I'm not answering any more of your questions until you spam
mooses answer mine.

Nir

Aug 30, 2007, 8:11:57 PM8/30/07
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Nir wrote:

> You know, Nir, I expected a higher level of maturity from you because
> of your position in these groups. Next time you remind someone of
> being off topic, remember this thread.
>
> Yes, I know this is the place for OT posting. I hold you, Chris, et
> al to a higher standard than I do others.

First thanks for your post .
Rinaldi , You joined these newsgroups before me . Tell me one
thing , how many times you found me reacting in this way . As far i can
remember
once i was about to start flame war[1] and then stopped it as Lee
asked me to keep focus only in providing support . Still then i try to
ignore useless _comments_ and like to do same in future also .
But in my view this discussion or the way of discussion was inevitable.
Someone deserved to know how impolite reply actually feels like ;)

According to my experiences i never able to get reply of _my_ private
mail from him . So the only place left to reply to him is this group .

And this thread is really dead now . At least no more posting from me
. You can relax now :)

--
[1]"http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/05b85a413e26aaa1"